• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meltdown 19: Garth Black & Phoenix v. Kyle Christianson & James Baker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
Garth Black & Phoenix v. Kyle Christianson & James Baker:

After his debut at Meltdown 18 James Baker has asked Vance Bateman for a chance to prove himself, the opportunity was given to him to partner Kyle Christianson in a tag team match against Phoenix and Garth Black. Will Garth Black get over his reluctance to team up? Will Phoenix continue his quest to save us? Or will Christianson and Black overcome them both?

ALL RP’s DUE BY 11:59 p.m. MONDAY, FEBRUARY 23RD, 2009: THIS THREAD MAY ONLY BE USED BY GARTH BLACK, PHOENIX, KYLE CHRISTIANSON & JAMES BAKER!

We are outside the arena, with fans crowded around the entrance. The camera is quite out of focus, but it starts to come into focus to reveal that Garth Black is amongst the crowd walking purposfully towards the entrance. He pushes everyone who gets in his way including children. As he reaches the door, one child approaches him.

Can I have an autograph please, Mr. Black?

No. Get out of my way.

The child begins to cry, but Black walks straight past him and opens the door immediately to be greeted by Becky Serra, she has a microphone in hand and walks towards him.

Hi, Garth, could I please grab you for an interview?

No.

Pleeeease. It won't take very long. Can I just have a minute of your time?

No. Leave me alone.

I just want to ask you two questions.

You've already asked me two questions, will you stop wasting my time please, I've got to find out who my opponent is this evening.

He begins to walk past Becky without looking at her, she looks confused as she is still trying to work out when she asked him two questions.

But that's what I wanted to ask you about, I wanted to ask you how you felt about teaming up.

Black stops dead in his tracks, and commences a thousand yard stare. He cannot believe what he has just heard.

Garth? Garth? Mr Black?

Suddenly, Black picks up speed and walks briskly away from Becky, who decides it's best not to follow him. Black, almost running, walks straight into Johnny Klamor.

Woah! What's the hurry there?

That stupid colleague of yours just told me I have to team with someone tonight. She obviously misread the match card.

No she didn't, you ARE in a tag match with Phoenix against James Baker and Kyle Christianson.

Black turns to him, clearly hating the fact he is talking to him, but wishing to vent his feelings.

Those chumps? I could take them by myself. I don't need Phoenix. Tell him he is surplus to requirements.

Don't you think it'll be good to have him there anyway, you know as an insurance policy?

Insurance? I was always under the impression that honest was the best policy, and the honesty truth is this: Christianson is only still here because he fluked a win against Shock, he was embarrased last week by Callahan, who doesn't even know what day of the week it is. And Baker? He was thrown out of the Battle Royal amost before he got there by USA, who is proud to represent the epitome of human greed.

Sorry to tell you, bud, but the match is booked as a tag match. Phoenix has to be there, and if you refuse to team with him you will be fired.

In that case I'll just have to look over my shoulder, won't I? Even if Phoenix does turn his back on me, I will still be able to beat those two. Baker thinks he is from the Ghetto, that he is some sort of gangster. He isn't street, he's not even country lane, he's pathetic, and by the time I've finished with him he'll be running to his mummy in tears. I'll discard that rapper like he's nothing but a toffee wrapper.

And Christianson? The last time I checked The One and Only was Chesney Hawkes. He was a one hit wonder, which is ironic, be cause after one hit from me, Christianson's career will be over too. All he ever does is moan, and I tell you now I will give him something to moan about.

Pretty stern words there. Are you sure you don't need Phoenix?

If you keep asking me, you might find yourself as lost as your colleague Mr. Kensworthy. All I have to say is this. If Phoenix wants to be there while I dispose of these nobodies, he is more than welcome. I don't care if he wants to come to every single one of my matches, as long as he stays out of my way.

Speaking of which, I've got a match to prepare for so get out of my way.

Klamor watches as Black walks off. He then looks down towards the entrance where he sees Becky consoling the child, as the camera fades to black.

Becky Serra is standing in the hallway. She then sees Phoenix walk by, and stops him.

BS: Mr. … ummmm … Phoenix? Can I have a minute of your time?

He glances over at her through the red and pink face paint with a look that says ‘You don’t deserve to talk to me.’ He begins to walk away, but stops, rethinks it, and nods at Becky.

BS: Thanks! First, what do you have to say about your debut in the Elite X Battle Royal a couple weeks back.

Phoenix looks at her with a look of complete disgust, then begins to speak.

P: (Sarcastically) Oh it was great! I love losing! (He begins to speak seriously again, and his voice gets progressively louder) What the hell do you think!? I have been furious, irritated, and depressed since that day. I vowed to become Elite X Champion…(now yelling) AND I FAILED! DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I FAILED BECKY!!!

Phoenix takes a moment to regroup, and runs his hands through his hair, which is purple this week. He looks at the mic, then at Becky, and begins again.

P: Sorry about that. Part of what I stand for is recovering and moving on from your mistakes, and that is what I intend to do. I’m sure you want to ask something about my match this week, so go ahead.

Becky looks a little confused about the outburst and recover she just heard, but puts her smile on and asks her next question.

BS: Okay, this week you are in a tag match with Garth Black against Kyle Christianson and James Baker. How do you feel about tagging with someone like Garth?

Phoenix now seems even angrier at Becky. Before he explodes, he takes a deep breath and calmly begins to speak.

P: Haha, someone like Garth huh? Becky it is people like you that make my job of saving people that much harder. The only thing “wrong” with Garth is that he enjoys his solitude. That is something that I can no only respect, but empathize with. There have been times in my life when I have been the only person there for me. Garth, if you are listening to this man, listen: I’m not here to get in your way, I’m not here to steal your thunder, and I’m sure as hell not gonna leave you hanging out there. I say we go out there and take out that wankster Baker and Christianson’s cocky ass. All I ask is for a chance. As for my opponents: be prepared to go down in history as my first victims in WZCW and remember to think of your future, because I, Phoenix, the Eternal One, will see you there.

He then looks over at Becky, and does his trademark pose. The lights flash, and when they come back on, Becky is standing in the hallway alone.

The setting is in the parking lot as James Baker is sitting on the roof of his car pondering about thigns until interviewer Becky Serra comes up to try to interview him.

Becky Serra- James Baker. May I have a minute of your time?

James Baker- For sure. What's on your mind.

Becky- Thanks! First off what are your thoughts on your debut a few weeks ago in the Elite X Battle Royal.

James- Well Becky, Even though I lost the Battle Royal, I felt like I proved that I belong here in WZCW. I mean it was a great experience to be in the ring with some of the top talent in this federation & I am hoping that I will continue to entertain these people & go to any lengths necessary to succeed her in WZCW.

Becky- Okay, Well this week you will be teaming up with Kyle Christianson to face the team of Garth Black & Phoenix. What are your thoughts on that?

James- Well Becky, i'm just glad i'm getting to compete in this company & have an opportunity to get recognized cause if there is one thing that "Da Xtreme Gangsta" knows how to do. It's that he knows how to fight. You see I plan on getting noticed here & by beating Garth Black & Phoenix, I will be on my way. I am from the streets, I lived in the hood my entire life & I will gladly take your punk asses out & I personally don't care how I do it, just as long as I succeed in doing it.

Becky- Okay, thanks for your time James.

James- Your welcome Becky.

Camera then goes away as James Baker then gets out his phone so he can make a phone call.

The scene is in backstage room.Christiansen is on the phone. He is talking in a low voice so that no one can hear him. He hangs up and shortly after there is a knock on the door. He opens it slightly to the point where the person knocking cannot be seen. The man hands him something and he is careful to not let anybody see it. He puts it into a shopping bag and then puts the bag into a briefcase. He then pulls out his cell phone but before he can dial a number someone walks in. It is only Becky. Kyle quickly puts the phone away and hides the briefcase.

Becky: There you are. I've been looking all over for you for about an hour.

Kyle: Well maybe you should have looked a little harder.

Becky: I'm sorry. Before I can conduct an official interview I have a question for you. Who was that man who left the room before me?

Kyle: Becky, I suggest you keep your mouth quiet. As far as I'm concerned there was no man. You got that. In fact don't even answer that because this question never happened.

Becky: Well, Mr. Christiansen, how are you preparing for this tag team match.

Kyle: Well, as it should be noted, I don't really like teaming with anyone, but I guess if I had to choose, I would rather team up with this Gangsta guy than anyone else. But I do have some problems with my teammates earlier comments. He said that he wants to get noticed by beating Garth Black and this Phoenix weirdo. Let me tell you something. I don't care about you, stay out of my way, these guys Black and Phoenix, they need to be taken care of by me.

Becky: So I am guessing you heard your opponents earlier comments.

Kyle: Yes. And first I would like to address you Mr. Black. First off, you are clearly not an individual of high intelligence. I never beat Shock, I beat Rios. Get your facts right punk. I was never embarrassed by Drake. I had him down for most of the match. I won't elaborate on why I lost because I am on limited time. All I ever do is moan? Your going to beat me in one hit? Could beat me and my partner two on one? Listen up kid, I could beat you with one hand behind my back. As far as I recalled I have never complained about losing, just gotten sick of it. And you'd be lucky to get one hit on me. Oh, and for the record, I'm 100% sure that kid who you wouldn't give your autograph could whoop your sorry ass.

Becky: Those were some pretty intense words.

Kyle: Becky never interrupt me. Now Mr. Phoenix. I have a right to be cocky. I am clearly the most athletic individual on the entire roster. I can beat anyone out there. And something I just received will help me do that. So before you go on calling me your first victim, just remember, I am the One and Only. And no Garth Black I am not talking about Chesney Hawkes, who will probably end up being more successful than you, I am talking about, Kyle Christiansen.

There was another knock on the door. Kyle grabbed the briefcase and walked out. Becky stood there with a confused looked as the scene faded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back