Meltdown 156: Flex Mussel vs. Garth Black - Non Title

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
Deadline is Wednesday, November, 21st, 11:59PM PST

Meltdown will be headlined by the current World Champion taking on a former World Champion in Garth Black. Black has already secured a spot in the EurAsian Championship match at the Gold Rush PPV, but wants to prove he can still compete with the WZCW elite and a W over Flex would do just that. Flex has rapidly been gaining allies since he started his FlexAmerican World Tour, and will surely not be in this one alone. A victory over a former World Champion would help cement Flex's status as the king of WZCW.

From Blackness to Light

Chapter Two: Being a Champion

Black walked through the park on an autumn day. The leaves were changing colour, but they hadn’t yet reached the point of colorful brilliance that would brighten up a drab day like this. He had lost the Mayhem Championship, but if truth be told he hadn’t really been looking to keep it. He just wanted the rush of being a champion again. Being a champion gave meaning, being a champion gave purpose. The Mayhem Championship offered that to an extent, but everything about the title suggested and betrayed its disposability.

Black thought a lot about what it meant to be a champion, about the honour it carried. Yes, it meant a more prominent place on the card, which in this business meant more money, but it carried something much more important than that. Prestige. Belonging. A sense that you are carrying the weight of a company or a division on your shoulders and that you are a role model. Well… Maybe not. But you are the fulcrum of wrestling. The audience want to be you, your peers want to beat you, holding that title in your hands means that you are relevant.

Black hadn’t felt relevant for a long time, but he could remember the moment that he won the championship and the way the crowd reacted and how welcomed he felt. At Gold Rush he’d be able to feel that again he was sure. He’d never been EurAsian champion, but it didn’t matter. Daddy Mack had, and that meant the world to him, and the last two holders of the title had shown the esteem with which it was held. Black saw the Eurasian championship as his chance for relevance and redemption.

Gold Rush was at the end of the month though, and for now there was another fish to fry. Black could reflect on the way that he conducted himself as champion. He defended his title fairly, and on his own. He won the title fairly, and on his own. He got into the title picture fairly, and on his own. Whilst he knew that his attitude had potentially not been as it should during that part of his life, he was confident that he had risen the prestige of the WZCW champion, or if not certainly hadn’t denigrated it. But looking at what happened since, he felt that the title had been on a downward spiral culminating in its current owner.

Yellow in the belly and blue in the face, Mussel as champion was a travesty. Black didn’t want to change the second part of that fact, the WZCW title for him was ancient history and distant future. But Black did feel as a former champion and having seen some greats hold the title over the meantime that there should be a manner of conducting oneself as a champion. The champion shouldn’t need an entourage. The champion shouldn’t need to belittle the audience. The champion should be a beacon of respectability. It should be someone to aspire to. There was absolutely nothing that Black could do about that, not for now, but what he could hopefully do was give this company a champion it could be proud of.

Red mist descended in Black’s mind as he thought of the current champion and his attitude. The cronies and the phonies that surrounded the show pony. Black’s muscles came from tussles, he didn’t need supplements or implements or for sycophantic compliments. The blood rushed quicker, his stomach felt sicker and the internal monologue started to bicker. He wasn’t this anymore, a fool with a loose mouth and ruthless ambition. But maybe he was mistaken, and now is when he’s faking, he’d given all he can, so why shouldn’t he be taking?

Red, black, red, black, red a thousand different ideas swirling around his head. A conflict in the mind and a tearing in the soul, but could he ever find a way out the black hole. A word, a rhyme, a stitch lost in time everything harked back to the isolation he felt before. This anger was consuming him, subsuming all the pain that caused him to lose his way. This desire is never ending, his spirit never mending he doesn’t want to break the rules, but their forever bending. A new outlook is a blessing, but its feeling like a curse, things should be getting better but he’s only feeling worse. Feeling angry is a bore, not feeling is a chore, did he want to do the work, or get caught up like before? He never said sorry, and maybe that’s the issue, did he need the sword or just the box of tissue?

Orange skin and pumped up muscle, Flex sickened him with this fake hustle. A sack full of lies, and a back full of knives risked sending Black back to the dark ages. He wanted to be zen, but every now and then the injustices and unfairness takes all of his awareness and this is the result. How can you be a hero, when you’re offered zero but a burnt out Rome and a fiddling Nero. No matter how he was feeling, that life was not appealing and he had to regain control before the scar tissue on his soul made him jump through the ceiling. So all of the feeling that he’d been concealing suddenly came to the boil. The lies, the stealing and too much kneeling had all been too much toil. His tearing seam, a primal scream and he could turn the nightmare back to the dream.

Brown birds fled from the trees as he let out his raw roar. Black was angry at Flex, but angrier at himself for getting angry. This had to stop, and he had to learn to control it, but maybe the blind rage could be an advantage. Whether he kept himself in check or he didn’t, there was one thing that was certain. He’d take it to Flex one way or the other. Beating him as a wrestler, or beating him as a maniac. The means may not be the same, but the end probably would be. He walked on a bit further to another area of the park, which eventually returned to birdsong.

Red, Orange, Yellow and Brown leaves filled the treeline in front of him. There was obviously a bit more light here, and the leaves were further down their path. Garth liked this area of the park a lot better.

Flex Fact #666: Global warming is a Liberal myth, my body temperatue is the only thing affecting the climate because I’m on god damn fire.

Flex: I’m sorry it’s been so long….

Masquer: You threw me away for years.

The World champ “King” Flex Mussel can be seen talking to his former imaginary mentor and inanimate object “Masquer”. The clear plastic face guard is strapped around the WZCW World heavyweight title itself. Svetlana listens from outside the room as the bodybuilder continues his delusions.

Flex: Fret not old friend, in your absence I’ve achieved the greatest prize in all of wrestling, and it shall be used as your vessel.

Masquer: Congratulations, I was beginning to think you’d never get it done.

Flex: You and me both, but alas, my natural talent was too much keep away from true glory.

Masquer: But is it strong enough to withstand those who wish to take it from you?

Flex: Of course, why even question such a thing?

Masquer: Because you haven’t come to me for advice in years, so something must be of concern.

Flex: Well, I fear there may be more plotting against me than I thought. I’ve made a lot of enemies on my way to the top, and many more wish to see me taken down.

Masquer: The price of being King, you knew the consequences.

Flex: I don’t want my title reign to be a minor footnote, I must eclipse those who have held this championship before, and I must do it by any means necessary.

Masquer: This we already know, so why do you need me?

Flex: You’ve known me longer than anyone. I don’t know who the opposition has corrupted, so I need to know that regardless of what happens, you’ll always be by my side.

Masquer: I’m only as powerful as you allow me to be Flex.

Flex: Unless you want to go back in the closet I need full control. Mentally, physically, all of it, I’m not a rookie anymore, and I will not be treated as such.

Masquer: Understood, my King-

Svetlana: Flex, he’s here.

The King’s lover/partner in crime interrupts the conversation breaking Flex out of his mental stupor.

Svetlana: I also think you should give Wasabi a break. It’s been a few hours.

The champ looks down and it is revealed that Flex is standing atop a pile of bricks that are on the back of his bodyguard Wasabi Toyota, who is struggling with the weight on him as he does push ups in a kiddy pool.

Flex: You’re right, take five Toyota.

The King descends from atop his security and Toyota passes out face down in the pool as the bricks fall over like dominoes. The monsieur of muscle straps Masquer and the championship around his waist as he makes his exit out of the room with Svetlana following closely behind.

Svetlana: Was that necessary?

Flex: Wasabi has failed me twice in terms of matches against Titus, he must learn the consequences.

The Russian fugitive can tell Flex has no remorse for his actions. She is proud. The pair then make their way into Flex’s office where new FlexAmerican recruit Keith Kole awaits them.

Kole: My liege, it’s an honor to see you-

The up and coming superstar notices the plastic mask strapped around the championship, he does his best to hold in a chuckle, he then locks eyes with the champ and immediately senses he means business.

Flex: Glad to see you again Kole, I know things didn’t exactly go our way on Ascension but we do not worry about roadblocks, we break them down by sheer force.

Kole: That’s the only way I know how.

Flex: Oh I’m glad, but when I mean roadblocks, I mean our direct opposition, not underage children.

The King stands directly in front of Kole, and the two lock eyes. The upstart can tell Flex means business.

Flex: Your outburst against the Red Mask impersonators was valiant but misplaced. Save that energy for Meltdown, use your anger against Titus.

Kole: Of course sir-

Flex: I wasn’t finished, victory is not your goal, hurting him is. I realize I may be giving you too much to handle right out the gate, let me know if you are not up for the task.

Kole: I am ready, willing, and capable of doing all that you ask.

Flex: That’s what I like to hear. Now go forth and spread the good word of our great nation.

Kole: It’ll be my honor.

Kole makes his way out of the room as Svetlana closes and locks the door.

Flex: I like his bravado, but he needs to be kept in check.

Svetlana: He’s got enough raw talent for us to harness, we just need to mold it. I did the same thing for you.

The King smirks as the two begin to reminisce of his fat camp days.

Flex: Things used to be so simple.

Svetlana: Simple is overrated, we’re too complex for that.

The Queen of FlexAmerica begins to caress the World title as she kisses Flex on the cheek.

Svetlana: You know we haven’t fully “consummated” our union.

Flex: We shall once I reach peak perfection.

Svetlana: How much muscle mass do you need?

Flex: I might have attained my goals physically but there’s a mental journey I must accomplish before I can give my body away to another.

Svetlana: What must you do?

Flex: The unthinkable: a podcast.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flex can be seen in a soundproof booth fidgeting around on a laptop as Wasabi can be seen setting up a microphone. Svetlana listens through headphones on the outside control panel. She gives the thumbs up and the King begins.

Flex: Welcome one all to the inaugural podcast entitled “The Trojan Horse Files”.

Svetlana shoots the King a look of uncertainty about the phrase.

Flex: Working title, regardless what you are about to indulge in is secret information that the higher ups at WZCW don’t want you to know, and since most lazy millennials do not care about watching the news, I’ve decided to relay such info through the means of podcasting.

Svetlana holds up a vape of some sort and begins pointing at it urgently.

Flex: Oh and of course our sponsor for this episode is none other than Flex Fitness Industries with the new “Flex Juul Vape”. Need to vape but don’t wanna lose your pump? The Flex Juul Vape helps spread protein and nicotine all throughout your muscles, get it today!

Svetlana gives the thumbs up and the show officially begins.

Flex: Now the first thing that needs to be stated right away is that on the upcoming Meltdown I have a match against Garth Black. A former World champion and WZCW veteran in his own right. A man who probably could have been atop WZCW for a long time if it wasn’t for a substance abuse problem and his own paranoia. You see this won’t be first time me and Garth have faced off, the few encounters we’ve had I have come out on top, but back then I just thought Garth was a lunatic who had one too many. But now, I’ve surprisingly come to understand Garth. You see for so long he preached of a conspiracy where WZCW wanted to keep him away from the World title and derail his career, and I agree that a conspiracy has been a foot in WZCW for a long time, but it’s been plotted against me not you Garth.

Wasabi nods his head in agreement.

Flex: You see I don’t think it would take much to derail you Garth, as you’ve been doing that all by yourself for years. You’re a former junky who goes in and out of relevance more times than Lebron goes in and out of a team. There’s no mass plotting needed, we honestly just have to wait until you lose the motivation and soon enough you’ll be back down at the bottom of the card. Me on the other hand, quite a different story. The four years I have been in WZCW I have not once rested on my laurels, I have not once “phoned” it in, and I surely wouldn’t have claimed an unknown force is the reason for my failures. But things have changed, I’ve become the World champ, I’ve seen the light, and I’ve seen the dark.

The King chugs a protein shake before continuing.

Flex: WZCW management has been working from the shadows to make sure I don’t hold this championship for very long. Whether it’s online slander from the facsist known as David Kerms, or hidden challengers waiting in the wings like Titus did on Ascension, it has become clear that FlexAmerica is not welcome in WZCW. I can tell when I walk in the locker room I am not given the respect I deserve, I can see from the way management avoids my calls that I am not one of their “priorities”. Hell I’m shocked they put me on Meltdown and not in a dark match. But it’s alright, because real FlexAmericans know the truth. I’ve never engaged in illegal substances unlike you Garth, I’ve never let my people down like you Garth, and I surely won’t let a conspiracy derail me like it has you Garth. I don’t care about what you’ve done, who you are, or what you plan to do. I’ve demolished you before and I’ve only gotten better since then. Come Meltdown I go head first into the communist waistland that has become WZCW and show that no amount of corporate fear can make a true champion like myself cower. FlexAmerica is only going to grow, little by little, no matter how long it takes, so bring your best Garth, because I will show your mediocrity no mercy, and I will throw you in the trash, just like you’ve done to your career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back