• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
MEG

Genres: Action, Horror

Plot
A marine adventurer discovers a giant, prehistoric shark, the extremely great grandaddy of the great white - carcharodon megalodon, or 'Meg' for short. It's 80 feet long and it's bound to cause havoc...

http://imdb.com/title/tt0450459/

Personally I dont think there's enough sharks in films today. The last one I believe was Deep Blue Sea. Yeah it was cheesy, but fuck me was it entertaining. Where's the sequel? I've been waiting for 8 years.

But this film is gonna rock. I think it's based off a book so I'll have to hunt it down. Sharks are scary when there 20-30 foot long. And some of the promo posters are awesome. I've seen ones of the shark jumping out of water and attacking submarines, helicopters, whales and even a T-Rex. This movie will rock my worls. It should have been out this year but for some reason New Line are concentrating on Rush Hour 3. WTF?

hell yes, I have been waiting for this movie to come out for a while

Steve Alten is my favorite writer and the Meg series is my favorite as I have all 3 books and i'm waiting patiently for Hell's Aquarium, book number 4.

The only thing I'm worried about with this movie is that the producers will fuck it up on the big screen because the book was amazing and if the movie can capture even a tenth of the excitement that the book produced, It will be the best marine horror movie ever made.

and to be honest, I don't even like aqua marine movies that much, but I will make an exception for this film and I pray that the filmmakers try to keep the film as close to the book as possible.

here's some concept art for the film

the scene is found on page 184 of the book Meg by Steve Alten, so if its done right in the movie this scene should be found just over halfway through the movie

megishungry.jpg

more Meg, although this photo is the cover of the book Primal Waters, in the Meg series, and won't be found in the movie

meg1.jpg

The Homepage

http://www.stevealten.com/Meg/home.htm

I'll be getting those books. I love creature features. Honestly hollywood, sharks are dynamite. More sharks in films please. I probably like them because there almost like real monsters.

The Trench (book 2) may be hard to find, you might have to buy it online. Book 3 was my favorite so far, but book 1 will always be a classic, book 2 was little over the edge, and book 4 hasn't come out yet, but I expect it to be the best yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back