• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Meet The World Wrestling League

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
531827_603955679618478_222333127_n.jpg

On October 19, 2011, Hugo Savinovich announced his departure from the WWE. Since then though, he's been busy. Known through Latinamerica for being both a legendary heel, renowned commentator and being a major religious figure, as well as his signature "Atangana!" catchphrase, it's no surprise that he's still into the biz. His latest venture is a bold one at that.

Bajo el Mando de Hugo Savinovich, Nace Nueva empresa de Lucha Libre en Puerto Rico

(San Juan P.R. Miércoles 19 de diciembre de 2012) –World Wrestling League (WWL) o Liga Mundial de Lucha Libre, es el nombre de la nueva compañía de lucha libre, que a partir del mes de marzo 2013, brindará entretenimiento del mejor, trayendo las mejores estrellas internacionales a la Isla del Encanto, junto a los mejores luchadores del patio. Así lo dio a conocer el Co-Fundador y Presidente de esta nueva empresa, Richard Negri.

Negri junto a Victor Siebens, mejor conocido como Metal Blade, dueño de PRWA, y Hugo Savinovich, ex comentarista en español de WWE, se han dado a la tarea de convertir este sueño en realidad. Hugo se desempeñara como productor de eventos de la nueva empresa. El mes de marzo de 2013 marca el comienzo de este proyecto, que desde ya promete traer estrellas de IMPACT (TNA) como James Storm, Chavo Guerrero, Hernandez; Los ex WWE: Bobby Lashley, Michael Tarver, XPac, Billy Gunn, Hurricane, Big Vito, Gangrel, Escobar, Ricky Ortiz; así como los mejores luchadores independientes como: The Amazing Red, Mini Octagon, Blue Demon J.R., Sheik Al Farat, Craig Classic, Aaron Epic, Kato Kung Lee, entre otros. También estrellas locales como Erik Scorpion, Brian, Superestrella Ash Rubinsky, Huracan Castillo, Chicky Star y muchos otros que se seguirán añadiendo a la lista de estrellas, indicó Siebens.

“La WWL nos promete traer mucho entretenimiento. Hombres por los aires, patadas voladoras, lo que Puerto Rico quería ver. Sabemos que con nuestro trabajo y nuestras alianzas con empresas de lucha libre hermanas, en países como Ecuador, República Dominicana, Panamá, México, Estados Unidos, Chile, Perú y Argentina, vamos a darle el mejor espectáculo a la Isla del Encanto. Pronto más detalles. ¡Atángana para la WWL!, informó Savinovich.
It's already a hugely stacked roster in comparison to the local market. And according to them, they plan to tour all over Latinamerica and maybe even the U.S. too. Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Mexico Dominican Republic and of course the home base of Puerto Rico are promised destinations. As well as already having an established work agreement with TNA Wrestling as well as AAA. James Storm and the now former TNA Tag Team Champions, Chavo Guerrero and Hernandez are promised fixtures.
(San Juan P.R. Viernes 1 de enero de 2013) –El productor de WWL, Hugo Savinovich, dio a conocer que ayer jueves, el presidente de la Liga Mundial de Lucha, Richard Negrín, llego a un acuerdo con la compañía productora de televisión, de Héctor “Bebo” Moyano y Armando Navarro, Digital Memories, para la producción de los programas de la WWL. También fue firmado para producir la serie de DVD y Blue Ray: “The Best of WWL” y “WWL, The World Tour” , el hombre que por más de 10 años fue el productor de la WWE en esas funciones. Se espera que estos DVD salgan a la venta a nivel mundial en español e inglés, en diciembre de 2013. También se está negociando un contrato para presentar los programas de la WWL, en Telemundo en la Florida, en Estados Unidos.

El presidente Negrín, ha citado a sus dos productores Metal y Hugo Savinovich, para hablar sobre quien sera el Gerente de la WWL. Se rumora que quedan 2 candidatos, uno de ellos es la Diva, que si es elegida será llamada la mujer más bella del mundo.
They already have a U.S. TV deal with Telemundo in Florida and even have a distribution deal for DVD's and Blu-Ray with tentative dates (December 2013). Through their Facebook page (Which is quite interactive, they respond constantly) they've announced that their TV show WWL: Campeones Del Ring ("Champions of the Ring) will be uploaded hours following their Saturday morning airtime of 2pm with their first events to be announced in tomorrows debut broadcast. To say it's a bold endeavor is a bit of an understatement since not even AAA ventures outside it's home country. But Hugo and co. literally have everything planned out before the company even open's it's doors to the masses. Most people here don't have much of a reason to pay attention to this seeing how it's a very limited market for the states, but it can't be helped to see a company start out with such a major bang and desire for exposure.

As an aside note, this may explain James Storm's seeming drop in focus within TNA. It's hard to push a guy as a top star while he's touring and promoting another company at the same time.

Sounds cool, but a lot of problems I see already.
Mexico is dominated by AAA and CMLL and the current state of wrestling in Mexico is not good, WWE already gave up on them.
Other than the WWE many wrestling promotions have tried to run in south america and their really is no money to be made there.
No offense but the only wrestler with a hint of drawing power in Mexico or South America is Chavo because his last name. James Storm and Hernandez both wrestled in AAA and the fans could care less.
Not much of a drawing base in Puerto Rico either, I just don't see this promotion getting off the ground with a roster of guys who I don't think will draw in that area of the world.
My 2 cents.

Sounds cool, but a lot of problems I see already.
Mexico is dominated by AAA and CMLL and the current state of wrestling in Mexico is not good, WWE already gave up on them.
Other than the WWE many wrestling promotions have tried to run in south america and their really is no money to be made there.
No offense but the only wrestler with a hint of drawing power in Mexico or South America is Chavo because his last name. James Storm and Hernandez both wrestled in AAA and the fans could care less.
Not much of a drawing base in Puerto Rico either, I just don't see this promotion getting off the ground with a roster of guys who I don't think will draw in that area of the world.
My 2 cents.

Well, they've already booked Puerto Rico's largest venue and have secured "El Mesias"Ricky Banderas, Daniels and lots of other well known talents for appearances so they have the talent. They've also shown to have big support with constant radio appearances and news articles.

I like the logo. Hopefully the show and production won't look ghetto, nahwmsayin?

When they said Telemundo in Florida, are they saying it'll air exclusively in Florida, or the company is based there and will air in all its affiliates nationwide? The promotion sounds very promising and all, and I'll definitely give it a shot, but I prefer watching my wrestling on tv. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

542711_612476978766348_1738111574_n.jpg

Scheduled matches aside, the roster is set for the show.

*Christopher Daniels

* Ricky Banderas

* AAA World Champion Texano Jr.

* Rey Misterio Jr. (not the one from WWE)

* Los Aereos

* Steve Corino

* Monster Pain (Sweet Papi Sanchez/Black Pain from FCW)

* NWA World Champion Tokyo Monster Kahagas

* Alissa Flash

* Lince Dorado

* Axel, Grandson of El Santo

* Blue Demon Jr.

* Colt Cabana

* Octagon Jr.

* And others and apparently still more to come.

Lashley, Helms, Gangrel and X-Pac were originally scheduled but when the shows date was changed they were forced to pull out due to prior bookings. In addition, the main events tentatively are a battle royal to crown the first WWL World Champion as well a rematch from AAA's "Guerra De Titanes" event. Where Texano Jr. defeated El Mesias to win the AAA World Championship. Hugo Ricky and Texano are all discussing the possibility of having it be an official title match meaning it would be the first time the title is defended outside AAA (to my recollection). There's also talks of having Kahagas defend his NWA World title on the card meaning there's potential for 3 World titles to be contested on the event. Through Facebook over 30 names have been confirmed for the event making it the most stacked wrestling event in the country since WWE New Year's Revolution in 2005 dwarfing WWC's Anniversary shows that tend to feature 4 or 5 talents from the U.S. John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, Melina, Mickie James, Velvet Sky and Davey Richards being here last year. There's a lot of room for success here as their only competition has a hard time filling up a local basketball court. Sorry, WWC. As much history as they have, they've REALLY dropped the ball. WWL is promising a 3000+ plus crowd in the country's largest venue. That is truly one hell of a way to start up a company as they already have a televised show with no wrestling matches of their own. Instead, just using it to advertise the upcoming first card.

Heck of a way to start up a company.

I'm still skeptical on the possibility of a latinamerican company managing to work out of it's base country, but Hugo Savinovich seems dead set on getting WWL to tour over all over Latinamerica and even the U.S. It's something not even AAA or CMLL have done.

The card for the show is set with major names involved. The April 21st debut of the World Wrestling League in San Juan, Puerto Rico will be the first Internet PPV broadcast from Puerto Rico. 2 World Championships will be decided (Kahagas has lost the NWA title therefor it will not be on the show) and many indy stars will face off in what might be the birth a of a major latinamerican promotion. By which I mean, like CMLL and AAA.

AAA Mega Champion defends Texano Jr. vs. Ricky “El Mesias” Banderas

Pro Wrestling Revolution (PWR) champion Oliver John vs. Blue Demon Jr.

20 Man Battle Royal to crown the first WWL champion.

PWR Women’s champion Alissa Flash vs. Ivelisse Velez.

Mini Pierroth vs. Mini Chupacabra

Monster Pain (Formerly Sweet Papi Sanchez and Black Pain of FCW fame) vs “El Gigante” Titan

“Los Mega 10″ Panama Jack Daniels & Mega Star vs. “Los Mamitos” Mr. E (Formerly Eric Escobar from Smackdown and FCW) & Sexy B

Steve Corino vs. Christopher Daniels

DWE champion Rico Cassanova vs. Former NWA Champion “Tokyo Monster” Kahagas''

Hijo de Rey Mysterio vs. Octagon Jr. vs. Axel (The grandson of El Santo)

Midwest champion Cruz vs. Colt Cabana

WXW champion Hercules Gomez vs. “Face of Fear” Ash

The Spanish Announce Team vs. Erik Scorpion & Masato

“Mr. 450″ Noriega & Lince Dorado vs. Laredo Kid, “Hombre Sin Miedo” & Stelaris

TNA stars Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Abyss and James Storm will also be appearing.

Via Facebook WWL has also announced their second major event dubbed "Beach Madness" presumably scheduled for early summer time.

During TNA's broadcast of Impact Wrestling from Chicago's Sears arena, the spanish announce team of Hector Guerrero and Willie Urbina announced TNA's partnership with WWL. AAA has also partnered, though it's yet to be acknowledged on their programming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back