MD90: Steven Holmes vs. Barbosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
MeltdownLogo_zps4bdaf09b.jpg

The World Heavyweight Championship will be seeing an old friend this week on Meltdown as Barbosa takes on the reigning champion, Steven Holmes, in a non-title exhibition match. Barbosa is quite used to taking on World champions but considering Hunter Kravinoff's return getting part of Barbosa's attention as well as Steven Holmes being the most ruthless and dominant superstar as of late, can the man with multiple personalities focus enough to knock off the top dog?

Deadline is Tuesday, June 11th 2013, at 11:59 P.M. (Central Time Zone)

*Walking through a door, the manically bounding Barbosa and the mechanical SHIT make their way to the reception desk of the police station they have just entered where they are met by a grizzled, world-weary police officer.*

Officer: Good morning, gentlemen… an early start or a "not even finished yet?"

SHIT: This one does not understand.

Officer: Have you been drinking?

SHIT: Scaled Humanoid Industrial Technology only consumes oil!

*The officer shakes his head.*

Officer: What can I do for you?

Barbosa: We would like to report a missing person. His name is Hunter S. Kravinoff.

SHIT: Incorrect!

Barbosa: Oh yeah. His name is Andrew Morgan.

SHIT: Negative. Hunter S. Kravinoff is not missing. He was present at Meltdown. He attacked us! He wrestled on Ascension and was defeated!

*A slight shudder ripples through Barbosa but he quickly continues on, completely ignoring the attack perpetrated by Kravinoff on SHIT.*

Barbosa: He was on Meltdown and Ascension but not on Aftershock. So he must be missing!

SHIT: Hunter S. Kravinoff was not booked to be at Aftershock and neither were Barbosa or Scaled Humanoid Technology, so why would he be there?

*Barbosa seems to mull this over somewhat before nodding his head in agreement.*

Barbosa: You are right, Poo! Hunt isn't missing.

*Barbosa turns back to the police officer behind the desk.*

Barbosa: Officer, we would like to report a case of identity theft!

*The officer sighs, clearly exasperated with the pair of weirdos he is faced with.*

Officer: Okay. Are you the victim?

Barbosa: No, we aren't.

Officer: We?

*The officer screws up his face in confusion but decides not to follow that line of questioning further.*

Officer: If not you, then who?

Barbosa: Hunter S. Kravinoff.

Officer: The same man you just said was missing?

Barbosa: Yes!

*As the police officer again shakes his head and looks to the gods as if to say "why me?," SHIT repeats its earlier statement.*

SHIT: This one does not understand.

Barbosa: Hunt would not attack a friend of ours. And as you said, Natural Selection lost on Ascension. But Hunt never loses! So someone is clearly pretending to be Hunt. That would explain why he is hiding from us and not responding to us. He is not Hunt!

Hey! Let go!

*Suddenly, SHIT grabs Barbosa's arm and drags him away from the reception desk towards the door of the station. As Barbosa struggles against the industrial strength, vise-like grip that SHIT has on his arm, the manbot looks back towards the reception desk.*

SHIT: Officer of Law Enforcement, please give this one a moment to converse with our friend.

Officer: That would be advisable. Maybe he will sober up a bit before he continues to make false accusations. That is a very serious offense.

*After pushing Barbosa out through the door into the street, SHIT releashes its grip, allowing Barbosa to wrench away his arm.*

Barbosa: LET US GO! We have to help Hunt!

SHIT: This Barbosa seems intent on applying specious reasoning.

Barbosa: Thank you, SHIT. We thought it was pretty clever of us. We were like Sherlock or something.

SHIT: Misinterpretation of intended meaning! SHIT computes that this part of Barbosa is more concerned with Hunter S. Kravinoff than either his opportunity to face the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion or Scaled Humanoid Industrial Technology's match for the WZCW Elite X championship and will make errors in computation in order to obtain what they desire.

Barbosa: That is because we are a good friend!

SHIT: If SHIT were human, it would suggest that Barbosa is not being a good friend to this one. Hunter S. Kravinoff has cost Scaled Humanoid Industrial Technology opportunities at two different WZCW titles in as many matches and yet Barbosa did not defend this one on either occasion…. If it were human.

Barbosa: But you are not human…

SHIT: Misinterpretation of intended meaning! This one intended to suggest that that is exactly what Barbosa is being.

Barbosa: What do you mean, Poo?

SHIT: Hunter S. Kravinoff is providing such a distraction to Barbosa that they are failing to recognise that it is undermining not just their plans but also those of Scaled Humanoid Industrial Technology. This one further speculates that neither Barbosa nor Scaled Humanooid Industrial Technology truly want to continue to let opportunities such as defeating the reigning world champion and capturing the Elite X title pass by.

Barbosa: What we want is for Hunt to be our friend again! Not Constantine's! Big shinys can wait until another time!

*SHIT cocks his head to the side, emanating a growing dissatisfaction with Barbosa's single-mindedness when it comes to Hunter Kravinoff.*

SHIT: Barbosa is leaving SHIT with little option but to follow through with its plan...

Barbosa: What plan?

SHIT: Iniate Playback from Aftershock 23! "S.H.I.T. must admit that he aligns himself with Barbosa, but his current setting is full of errors. S.H.I.T. has determined that Barbosa must be cured of his current predicament. The only way it can be accomplished is by destroying the source of the infection! Hunter Kravinoff must be eliminated!"

Barbosa: Wait a minute… You were serious?

*Barbosa starts looking from side to side like he is trying to put the pieces of a puzzle together in his mind. He then suddenly snaps out of it and jabbing a pointed figure in its interface, turns to confront SHIT.*

Barbosa: YOU! It's you that is the problem! You are trying to drive a wedge between Hunt and us! You are jealous!

SHIT: This one does not feel emotions such as jealousy.

Barbosa: You can! You have been reprogrammed by us and you just spoke about wanting big shinys and to hurt Hunt!

SHIT: This Barbosa is getting tired. Perhaps he should take a nap.

Barbosa: NO! We do not need sleep! We need to help Hunt!

SHIT: You need to concentrate on Stephen Holmes, Celeste Crimson and the WZCW championship!

*The forcefulness of SHIT's reply takes Barbosa aback but it does not snap him out of his Kravino-centric world.*

Barbosa: You are just… a big silly man in a box!

*With that, Barbosa runs off, leaving SHIT alone outside the police station attempting to calculate what it should do come Meltdown…*

*In the poker room, something approaching normality has returned - the Smoker is stomping around, clearly perturbed by something, while the Depressive is engrossed in finding inspiration from his latest academic reading - Myers (2005) "Connecting the Past and the Present: Healing Abandonment and Abuse through Awareness." The silence is soon broken by the expected outburst by the Smoker.*

The Smoker: What are we going to do about Hunter Kravinoff?

Depressive: We will continue on the path we were already on.

The Smoker: But that has clearly been a failure.

Depressive: While we agree that the initial shock of the Hunter's return and his actions in allying with John Constantine did contribute greatly to our not winning the Lethal Lottery, that was only a small bump in the road.

The Smoker: But we failed to gain the decisive victory last week too, again due to that moronic Ugandan! And the road to where exactly? Failure to win the Lottery, failure the tag titles, failure to gain another shot at those belts/ Failure everywhere! Is it any wonder that it is the manbot getting its chance at the Elite X title.

Depressive: And if Scaled Humanoid Industrial Technology requires it, we will aid it in winning that title.

*This pronouncement sees the Smoker's head drop, the thought of continuing to aid another being weighing heavily on his shoulders.*

The Smoker: We assume that this is to do with the need to keep the android onside?

Depressive: Correct. Now so more than ever. The return of Kravinoff has made it so that we cannot rely on all of ourselves to follow the sensible course of action.

*This brings a look of disdain from the Smoker towards the door, as if he is looking directly at the events unfolding at the police station.*

Depressive: Fortunately, Scaled Humanoid Industrial Technology seems to have developed far enough to recognise that its own future success in the face of Natural Selection depend on keeping us as its ally as much as we require it.

The Smoker: But that still does not explain where we are heading? SHIT might get a singles title out of it but what do we get? Surely aid against Natural Selection, a threat that we could not have possibly planned against, is not all we gain from continuing to associate with a man in a box who thinks he is an emotionless robot.

Depressive: That mutual aid will come in very useful.

The Smoker: Useful against what? Being shot by a cultish bazooka? Having to suffer through another Titus return speech? Becoming Ricky Runn's latest accidental victim?

Depressive: Have we not been paying attention to our next opponent? Our foray into the tag team division may have yet to provide us with titles but together with our previous successes it has seen us remain high profile enough to be given the opportunity to square up to the current WZCW champion.

*This catches the Smoker's attention.*

The Smoker: And not only could Natural Selection be a problem but Holmes has an entourage not afraid to stick their noses in our business…

*The Smoker thinks more on the potential for interference.*

The Smoker: …and hasn't the manbot dealt successfully with Celeste Crimson in the past?

Depressive: It has but we should not write off the clear desperation that Ms. Crimson has demonstrated by joining up with Holmes just because Scaled Humanoid Industrial Technology will deal with her

The Smoker: She is definitely desperate. She could have picked a far more impressive specimen than that limey git, Holmes.

Depressive: It is not who she has chosen as her consort but that she has chosen one at all that marks Ms Crimson out as a different animal than that which Scaled Humanoid dealt with in the past.

So desperate was she to get noticed that, with one act of betrayal at Lethal Lottery, Ms Crimson undermined everything she had achieved in the largely male dominated world of professional wrestling by regressing to little more than the stereotypical harlot of a woman, clinging to her man like so much arm candy.

And having so severely compromised her previous beliefs and accomplishments, she will now defend her choice of consort and path perhaps even more vociferously than before.

And this is even before we think about dealing with Mr Holmes himself.

The Smoker: We have beaten him before.

Depressive: That was too long ago for it to matter. It was a tag team match as well and Mr Holmes has become so much accomplished a competitor since then.

The Smoker: But so have we…

Depressive: Indeed, but it is not us who holds the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship.

The Smoker: Only because we choice to find ourselves some help.

Barbosa: And we do not think that Holmes has done so as well and still managed to climb to the top? Not only is he an accomplished competitor, he has shown great talent in throwing his immense financial weight around to get what he wants by employing as many allies as he needs.

Rest assured, no matter how much more superior we might think we are in terms of in-ring ability - something that has not been proven in any meaningful way, Holmes will have any number of back up plans in place to make sure that he prevails. He does not want our name thrown into the already quagmired world title scene.

The Smoker: Meh, it won't matter what Holmes throws at us - his brother, Mycroft, his maid, Mrs Crimson or whether Natural Selection decide to stick their noses in, we will be fine…

*As the Smoker reels off the names of Holmes' potential allies, his voice becomes less authoritative, his natural cockiness dimming somewhat.*

The Smoker: Although with the potential for us to be outnumbered 5-to-1, maybe keeping the manbot onside is a good idea.

Depressive: Of course, it is.

The Smoker: We have already thought of this, haven't we?

Depressive: Of course, we have.

The Smoker: Then why did we draw this conversation out for so long?

Depressive: To see if we would get it.

The Smoker: Okay, okay. We get it. Now can we get back to planning what to do with Krav…

*Suddenly, as if shouted at by an outside source, both the Smoker and the Depressive look towards the door and then back to one another.*

The Smoker: What is happening out there?

Depressive: We are going to drive Scaled Humanoid Technology away if we are not careful.

*Both again stop as if listening to a conversation.*

The Smoker: "Big silly man in a box?"

*At that, the Smoker storms out of the poker room and even the Depressive shows an unusual amount of energy in rising to his feet and running out of the room.*

The sounds of a computer keyboard clatter away as we open on-screen. The letters appear as they are typed; W-Z-C-W-.-C-O-M. With a click of a button we zoom away, passing millions of other options until, after what is a mere moment to us, we arrive at a results page. The curser hovers over the top option and most likely destination; the official homepage of WZCW.com. There is a click of the mouse and we prepare to enter the site. It starts to load, images of all the favourites begin to appear; David Cougar, Drake Callahan, Triple X, Barbosa, Matt Tastic...and then, the loading stops and a flash of static hits the screen. The curser recoils out of surprise. The static stops, but the screen is black. Then, as it appears the computer has crashed, coloured bars appear along with a high pitched frequency. Then, they too disappear. There is a moment of doubt once more when suddenly a video begins to play. It opens with soft music and a graphic emerging onto screen in a smoke like fashion. A familiar voice reads out the words:

“Tyger, Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye,
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?”

- William Blake

Then, the darkness fades, but the smoke remains. It begins to clear and we recognise a chair of some sorts with a creature sat in it. As the image becomes clearer, we can see that it is a battered and broken throne of some sorts. It was clearly once grand and majestic, but the colours of red, gold and silver are all dimmed now, the wood snapped and sagging. The image again begins to gain clarity. Now we recognise the familiar source of the voice; “The Elite” Steven Holmes. He sits on the throne; a crown sloped on his head, not sitting proudly on top. His head is dipped, not facing the audience. He has a grand robe thrown over his usual marvellous suit and the World Heavyweight Championship is resting on his lap, quite comfortably. He is slightly hunched as the smoke lingers in the air. He raises his head up, the crown remaining sloped and stares into the camera, directly addressing the viewer.

Holmes: Your feeble little mind is likely wondering just what has happened to WZCW.com. Well the truth of the matter is it no longer exists in its intended form. Don’t worry, this is not a permanent amendment, this video’s life expectancy is a meagre three days. It will expire and you can all resume your dandy little lives as the previous so-called “God’s” had intended. I, as your new omnipotent overlord merely wished to address you, my people. Despite your idiotic minds, your unwashed faces and your petty squabbles with the way I rule, you are still my people, and it is my aim before I resign my post in this world and step forth into the next to educate and establish you all to a higher level of class, decency and hygiene.

The venom is already pouring from Holmes’ mouth, his trademark sneer apparent for all to see.

Holmes: As such I must teach you about the order of things and that is why I must initially begin this address to talk about David Cougar and his assault on me.

Holmes pauses. He rubs his chin, a hint of stubble is heard as he rubs and a static like noise is heard. Then he flashes his pearly whites for all to see. It is a truly disturbing sight as the beast wears the crown.

Holmes: What David Cougar did was an act of treason. Under such acts, the penalty is traditionally execution. However, in light of recent events, a far more suitable punishment for Cougar is to deny him any joy whatsoever. With Celeste facing Cougar, he will feel the wrath of the sword, but with I now in possession of what he believes is rightfully his and with no way into the Kingdom Come main events, Cougar is deprived of what his warped soul sees as “justice”. Therefore, he will squirm and wriggle and suffer like the maggot he is as he watches me enter the main event of Kingdom Come and storm Callahan’s land and destroy it, burning it to the ground to start anew. The sword will avenge the shield and it will leave just enough energy is Cougar’s body to watch these events unfold, his eyes welling with tears as he can only wonder “what if?” But that’s the problem, isn’t it? He never was.

What I’m trying to communicate to you is that you were presented with a cavalcade of pathetic false idols, strewn across your multi-media platforms. They walked around as if the true heir to the throne and were above every single one of you watching this. But in actuality, they were no better than you, the peasants. They were worse in fact, lying, cheating, and deceiving. They pretended that they were brave, noble and above all else, good. They aren’t. They are cheats, liars, manipulators and out-right bastards. These imposters are numerous and many, but come the 90th edition of the show we call Meltdown I will face one of the grander false prophets. I face the man of multiple minds and many memories. I collide with a man known as Barbosa. Or, thanks to my new beaus teaching of the language: Барбосa.

Pausing for a moment, Holmes chuckles lightly, knowing what faces him at Meltdown. He is under no assumptions that the task he faces is grand and mighty, but he does not balk at such opportunity, instead he relishes it and will fight.

Holmes: What Barbosa presents is a prime example of a creature whose myth is greater than fact. He is a beast that has defeated Ty Burna in the pits of hell. He is a being who captured from Big Dave. He is a creature who lurks in a big, bad pit. These might all be true, but the myth surrounding Barbosa has increased his ferocity ten-fold. He appears far more monstrous than in actuality he is. He isn’t a monster, he isn’t as creature of darkness and he isn’t a giant and even if he were, I am his David. Fee-fi-fo-fum, I will smell blood, but not of an Englishmen. Nay, instead it will be Barbosa’s, and he will be slain in the ring. Whether it be by dropping him on his skull and obliterating any mental faculties he has remaining, or depriving him of oxygen and choking him until the blood vessels snap and spew forth, I will have my victory and he will have his defeat.

However, for all his faults and all the myth surrounding Barbosa, he is rife with potential. Once he has submitted to me, he will be presented with an opportunity. His beast like abilities would be an asset in the war against Callahan and I would gladly offer him the spot of the first line of defence before the king. Should he accept such a position, then he will be in a prime position to join the forces. Should he refuse, I will raise the weapon I love so dearly, and I will use it to behead the monster, and unlike the hydra of Greek myth, there will be no re-growing of heads.

Making a slit-throat signal, Holmes smirks. He knows that with the odds in his favour, his network of allies will prove extremely beneficial in such circumstances.

Holmes: This of course brings me to Drake Callahan. What happened last week Drake was a sample of the destruction and devastation that awaits you at Kingdom Come. You will step forward to face me and I will cast you down, out and into the deepest abyss man has ever known. However, I want the road to that abyss to be as painful and psychologically disturbing for you as possible and while last week I taunted you in defeat, this week I am decreeing that it is open season on Drake Callahan. Anyone who brings misery and pain to his life will be rewarded for such acts and will be in my good books for the foreseeable future. This will benefit you greatly of course. It will please your king. Good luck Drake.

A howl of a laugh bursts from Holmes’s mouth as he relishes the concept of Drake struggling and squiring at the hands of others outside his immediate empire, let alone at his own hands.

Holmes: With my queen, the sword of justice, and my brethren, the shield from injustice I will ride to Castle Callahan and much as we did last time, we shall gloat over your fallen corpse. Erik will smugly spite you and Celeste will enjoy the warm embrace of her king before we retire for an evening of carnal pleasures in your own bed, sodomising and sullying your kingdom. The fires are coming to purify you. The “tyger” I spoke of before is coming and she will shine bright. My immortal hand will frame her and she will rise to strike fear into your hearts. It has begun; thy fearful symmetry...

As Holmes’ face contorts to enhance shadows and the smoke begins to increase with volume once more, the monstrous king begins to chuckle, the sound reverberating throughout the throne-room. It begins to break into a full fit of cackling before the feed for the video cuts out and blares into static once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back