• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD89: James Howard vs. D.C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
MeltdownLogo_zps4bdaf09b.jpg

Two huge names made their return to WZCW at Lethal Lottery, as James Howard shocked the world by entering the match itself, reuniting with his Strikeforce tag team partner Mikey Stormrage. DC, meanwhile, made a return no one saw coming to step out of WZCW's history books and into the Sacrificial Altar. They may not know each other well, but they're on opposite sides of a blood feud, and both will be looking to gain advantage for their side!

Deadline is Tuesday, May 28th 2013, at 11:59 P.M. (Central Time Zone)

As we ran through the arena, chasing the members of the Sacrificial Altar we found ourselves reaching the area backstage. I rounded the corner first and all three men had disappeared, the crowd of technicians, merchandise sellers and other crew as they made their preparations for the end of the show and breaking the set had allowed them to escape. I tried to make them out through the mass of people but it was impossible. We lost them.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, turning around I saw the face of the man who’d broken my neck. Derek Jacobs.

“Get the hell away from me” I yelled, the only person I wanted in my personal space less than Derek Jacobs was Sudoroso, the little known Mexican wrestler so named because of his alleged ability to sweat when sat naked in a fridge. That guy stank worse than a festival toilet. My elbow sung wildly as I span around, he must have moved as his hair brushed against it. I managed to remain somewhat calm externally, I think, anger was keeping my body pretty rigid.

“How in the hell did you get my number?” I said as calmly as I could, leaning slightly further forward with each syllable.

“I... I don’t know.” He stammered in response, he was either scared or shocked. The man was a soldier so I guessed he was shocked. What happened next can’t have helped. Mikey had caught up to us both and stepped in the middle, looking at me as if to say ‘I got this’ I stepped back but I managed to keep Jacobs eye contact. Mikey began to speak but trailed off before a single word had left his mouth he slapped Jacobs back to reality.

“Answer the question. How in the hell did you get his number.”

Jacobs looked at the guy he’d just saved with his mouth agape, his brow quickly furrowed though and he began to bark.

“Like I told him, I don’t know.” His arm went over Mikey’s shoulder as he pointed at me. I was tempted to break it. I still don’t know why I didn’t. “I got a message with his number on it and when you got abducted I called it. He was nearby anyway. No way in hell that he got to Chicago from San Francisco in thirty minutes.” He retracted his arm. I instantly regretted my earlier decision.

“Get the hell out of our sight Jacobs.” Mikey’s voice was so steady, I knew the next few seconds were going to be awful.

He span round and quickly smacked me across the jaw, this wasn’t a slap however, this was a full on right hook. It caught me off guard and knocked me on my ass. “And you, where in the hell do you get off? Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back? I could have used you out there!”

I started to get up but Mikey’s face told me not to. “You needed to win; I knew those guys were getting to you. You’d forgotten what was really at stake and focussed almost exclusively on me. If you knew I was here, or that I was coming back you would have thrown it away. You had him beat out there.”
The silence that followed felt massive, a grand canyon of awkwardness as Stormrage processed what I’d just said. After what was in reality less than a second but had felt like days he reached out to help me up. “Don’t think I’m not pissed about what you’ve pulled, but we’ve got more important problems than fighting amongst ourselves.”

The next day we trained together fully for the first time in almost half a year. Mikey didn’t pull any punches, in fact the combination of my ring rust and his new found aggression meant that for the first couple of hours I was a moving punching bag for him. We took a break for lunch but I was too busy tending to the various lumps, bumps and bruises he’d created to eat. We trained for the majority of our week off and by the end of the week the status quo was at least somewhat restored. Mikey was a much tougher opponent than I remembered though but we were trading victories pretty evenly by the time we were told our respective opponents.

The call came from Vance, my returning match was to be on Meltdown against the newest member of the Sacrificial Altar, DC. I’m told by Vance that he’s a veteran and I should check out some of his old stuff – he was a reasonably big deal back in the day and disappeared shortly after the first ever Lethal Lottery. He reappeared at the fifth. I headed to the video store and found some of the old tapes.

Watching his win/loss record from the old days was like watching a car wreck in slow motion. He only actually beat one guy in one on one competition, the rest of the time he was carried by his tag partner or in the middle of a three man pin and getting a victory as a result.

The following day Mikey and I had a rough training session; we were brutal to one another. We took all kinds of risk that we really shouldn’t have, but it was worth it. It felt like we were a team again. He’d worked through a lot of his aggression and I had gotten back into the rhythm. We took a break in the afternoon and whilst I went to get drinks Mikey yelled up to me in the kitchen.

“I saw all the DVDs piled up by the TV.”

“Yeah, that guy walks in here like he’s some kind of goddamn legend. He’s old sure but so was Rush and before he returned he was just another glorified mid-carder. The guy had a worse win loss record than Joe West.” I yelled back as I returned to the room, I threw an energy drink his way and took a seat on the weight bench.

“He’s well respected though” Mikey said as he ripped open the seal on the sports bottle.

“There’s a surprise. Every old-timer that comes through these doors harps on about respect. This guy can as much as he wants but we’re here to fight not bow to one another. It’s not a gallantry contest.”

“Don’t underestimate him, remember when we did that against the New Church?”

“I’m not underestimating him. From what I’ve seen the guy couldn’t win a match against Hollywood Jameson once diabetes takes both of his feet. The fact that we’re still training today means that if anything I’m over estimating him.”

The doorbell rang, Dinah got it. I could hear a muffled conversation – a lot of it was unintelligible; the only thing I could make out was ‘basement’.

“Uh oh, looks like we’ve got a visitor buddy” I laughed as Kensworth walked down the stairs, followed by a camera man. He made his way into the room and signalled to his guy to start filming. I walked up to join him, the whirr of the camera zoom told me that the shot was almost claustrophobically tight. I smirked a little at the realisation of just how much I looked like a guy who’d just played a particularly violent football match, hair soaked with sweat and a swollen lip accompanied the towel around my neck and the bottle of sports drink with the hastily removed brand label.

He held the wired microphone up to his mouth. “So, James Howard. Congratulations on your successful return to WZCW. You’re taking on the legend DC at the next episode of Meltdown, a tough test for a man returning from injury. Do you think you will beat him?”

I took a breath before answering, “look Leon, I get that DC is a legend, but once that bell rings it’s meaningless. Sure, the guy can talk a good game. Hell, he talks a great game but behind the face-paint and the lightshow he’s nothing more than a man with a mouth who knows a little bit about fighting. He’s going to be facing the guy who has been in WZCW for less than a year of active competition and is already a record breaker, he’s going up against the guy who had his neck broken less than six months ago and is already back and fighting. Actions speak louder than words Leon, his actions so far are nothing more than cowardice, he returned at the Lottery and was just the guy carrying a net gun, in fact the only other thing he did of note was to be a part of not one but two occasions on one night where he and the other sycophants in the Sacrificial Altar launched four on one and three on one attacks on people.”

“Doesn’t that concern you though? I mean you have Mikey Stormrage as an ally, and I doubt Derek Jacobs would sit back and watch but at the end of the day you two are still outnumbered.”

I began smiling. “Why would I be worried? So far they’ve only gotten the best of us when we’re separated. They only know divide and conquer, I can’t imagine they’d deal too well with both of us ready and able at the same time.”

“I’ve got to say, I’m impressed with how calm you are.”

“Well, the fact is that I’ve realised that I shouldn’t waste my anger outside of the ring. Like I said, actions speak louder than words Leon and given what I’ve seen from DC so far that’s a lesson he could stand to learn.”

“Are you saying that DC is all talk?”

“Exactly that, the guy can talk sure, though I’d make sure the guys in the back are ready to censor him a lot. He’s got a mouth like a sailor on shore leave. He only won one match, one singular match during his run a few years ago. DC is a jobber to the stars and on Meltdown I’ll show him who the star really is.”

“James Howard, thank you very much.”

Leon turned to do a bit to camera as Mikey and I went back to training. I could see out of the corner of my eye that the camera soon panned over to us sparring, the training gloves came off for a moment and I unleashed on the poor guy. I don’t think Mikey knew what hit him until I’d made him tap out. Leon thanked me once more after the red light went out and made his way back upstairs. I think Dinah kept him for a bit as she seemed pretty damn insistent on him having a coffee. It was then that I realised it was dark out. For the first time in six months I’d done a whole day of training without worrying about my neck.

When I returned at the lottery I was worried, worried that I would lose a friend or worse, lose my career. Now I felt ready, DC was a speedbump, a minor inconvenience that does nothing to stop the progress. Kingdom Come was already calling, and it was calling for Strikeforce.

*The scene opens up to show a strutting figure walking down a dimly lit corridor. There is a hop in his step and a beat in his heart as the figure pulls his best Saturday Night Fever walk impression. He turns a corner before fading into almost total darkness. However, he soon emerges with a freshly lit face due to the low light produced by his cell phone. The man in question is Super Agent, Eli Silver. He is wearing a slick dark blue suit, with white collar and red tie, as he brazenly checks his phone. He once again disappears into darkness, and emerges. Noticing a trend? Its like hes walking through a tunnel. He glances up for a quick and subtle second, turns around, turns back around, rubs his eyes, and finally...*

Eli: WHERE THE F*** ARE YOU!?

*Screams.*

*The camera leaves him in the hallway of his own despair as we now join two figures, one sitting and one standing, at a table in front of a bright light. As the camera spins around to show the length of the table the two figures are shown to be Grand Mystique, and his devout follower, Mason Westhoff. GM is wearing a long leather trench coat. Mason, a black suit and tie. A third man is shown at the other end of the table, and that man, is the newly returning D.C.. He is wearing a hoodie with faded jeans. A backwards black hat, and white shoes. The contrast is pretty striking, considering this seems to be a meeting of some sort. Though the description has taken a little bit to get through, we have joined them in mid-conversation.*

Mystique: ...and should everything remain according to plan, The Sacrificial Alter can proceed forward. If everything on your end will still hold up?

*D, who seems to have been somewhat out of it, slowly looks over his shoulder and back at GM.*

D.C.: Yeah... I'm not entirely sure.

*GM tilts his head to the side, troubled.*

GM: Not sure? I-

D.C.: I haven't heard from him yet, okay?

*GM lets out a small sigh, but sits up in his chair. Resting his hands on the table.*

GM: Are you even sure why your here?

*D, almost mocking the posture of GM, does the exact same thing.*

D.C.: I came to you, because I thought, you were the Grand Mystique I knew from years ago. Instead, I'm finding myself walking into the Westboro Baptist Church, being handed a f***ing bazooka, and given life lessons.

Westhoff: WATCH YOUR TONGUE!

*D blows a raspberry at Mason. Mason takes a step towards DC but before he can make any advance, GM has extended his arm, preventing the move.*

GM: The defiant soul is not easily tamed. Trust me Brother Mason, if he did not want to be here, he would not have come.

Westhoff: Forgive me.

*GM relaxes his arm as Mason takes a step back.*

GM: Unnecessary. D.C., you see, has more fire in his stomach then most other men.

*D kind of cracks a smile at Mason, who looks on in disgust.*

GM: But he is a fool. A boy, prancing around this earth as a man.

*D's smile begins to leave his face as GM finds some kind of pleasure in his analysis.*

GM: Pride, will be his downfall. He will not bend nor break to force. Striking him will only play to his favor. Violence is his resolve. He thrives on attention.

*GM rises from his chair, as Mason steps aside, he pushes the chair in as GM steps away from the table. He extends his arm out as Mason takes his leave from the view. GM turns back to face D.C..*

GM: I know you better then you think D.C.. You can kick and scream like a child all you like. But I know, if you did not want to be here, you would not have heeded this call.

*D chuckles to himself. Rolling his eyes as he does so. He lifts himself out of his chair as well. As the two stand and stare at each other, a tense silence fills the room. The silence breaks when GM finally turns away from the table and takes a small step towards the light. He pauses though, glancing over his shoulder.*

GM: You need our help, far more then we need yours my friend. It may take some time. But you will see the error of you're ways. You will see.

*As GM walks behind the light, D steps away from the chair and begins to leave out of the other side of the room.*

GM (off camera): Let this be the first lesson.

*D stops in his place. He turns around and looks but all he can see is the bright light GM was sitting in front of. No sound emits. A quiet room and a chair in front of him is the only foe D.C. has to face right now.*

Eli (off camera): WHERE THE F*** ARE YOU!?

*D kicks the chair under the table as he finally steps outside of the room and into a dark hallway. The camera follows him as a few feet away, Eli Silver is practically spinning in circles. Eli sees what he thinks is a person.*

Eli: D!?

*DC begins to walk towards him, rubbing his chin for a second.*

D: Yeah, whats up Eli?

Eli: Whats up? THAT is what you say to me, Jesus Christ! First, you f***ing call me, after like two or three years of dead silence. I don't hear from you. But SUDDENLY you want me to negotiate a contract for a fed I'm pretty sure you swore you'd never be a part of again. I get told to meet you in what can only be described as top market Detroit real estate. And, when I finally see you, face to face, after all this time, the first thing you say to me is, whats up?

*D, un-phased by the rambling, just kind of shrugs.*

D.C.: Yeah... whats up?

Eli: Oh suck my f***ing d***.

*Eli turns around, complaining incoherently as the two make their way down the hallway. D finally catches up to Eli as he waves his arms about in a fit. They continue to walk side by side as Eli finally seems to slow down his words and eventually settles into a silence. It doesn't last long.*

Eli: Sorry. I didn't mean to...

D.C.: Sound like a woman?

Eli: Yeah.

*They take a few more steps together as Eli glances over at D.C..*

Eli: Well, at least your still marketable.

*D appears to look like he just bit into a sour grape or something. His face squishes up as he shakes his head.*

D.C.: Is that a compliment?

Eli: Considering the last time I saw you you looked like a f***ing lumberjack, yeah. I'd take that as a compliment.

*D shrugs his shoulders.*

D.C.: Alright.

Eli: So hows the Cobra Commander?

*D lets out a small laugh as he turns to look over his shoulder. He turns back around and leans over towards Eli, but still looks ahead.*

D.C.: I don't think he likes me much. And his backup dancer looks like he wants to rip my head off every time I say something.

Eli: Oh, fancy that, you're pissing people off by talking. Who would have seen that coming?

*The sarcasm coming out of Eli is so thick you could butter toast with it. As they turn a corner, another spell of silence is cast by Father Time.*

D.C.: So... how is she?

*The questions is met with a deep long sigh. As Eli looks away from D, and kind of flips a piece of paper or something hanging from the wall.*

Eli: How was the f***ing Bay of Pigs D?

*The camera stops following them as they walk down the rest of the hallway away from the picture. Light at the end of the long narrow passage greets them, almost like a crossing over type moment. Less "badass" as Grand Mystique. But this is just a transition. The camera switches to an outside view as the two come back into the picture standing outside of a broken down building. The two stand still, look at the building, and turn around to face the world beyond.*

D.C.: Well...

Eli: Let's go get 'em kid.

*Eli puts on some kind of expensive sunglasses. They're probably worth a lot more then I'd even like to imagine. He lives a very expensive lifestyle. But that is neither here nor there. The two walk past the camera as we fade to black. This is the part in the dialogue where I would start to build up some kind of plot device, but I'm not going to. I'm already getting kind of paranoid at how boring this introduction is becoming. It will move along better next time. However, we aren't done friends. There is still a bit left.

As the scene begins to come back into view, D and Eli are seen once against standing beside each other. The are wearing the same attire they were wearing in the decrepit building they left earlier. However, they are now standing in front of a interview area. It doesn't appear they are backstage or anything, but there is a WZCW banner hanging behind them. D turns to face it, grabbing it with both hands and tugging it down to straighten it out. Eli glances back and nods approvingly. As D double checks his work he finally turns around with a crooked smile.*

D.C.: At one point in time in my career it was hard to shut me up. At one point in time in my career, all I really had to do was be booked in a match and people were already talking about how I was going to walk away with another easy win.

*D.C. smiles longingly. As if collecting a wave of memories.*

D.C.: I'm finding myself in a very strange place now because... I'm not used to square one.

*The smile leaves his face as he stares into the camera with a deadpan gaze. He pauses for a few moments.*

D.C.: James Howard, it would have been a walk in the park for me little more then three years ago to just look into this camera, flash a smile, walk into our match, and leave. With another W in the stat column and another believer of the hype.

*As D shrugs, he turns towards Eli, almost like asking him if he is wrong. Eli responds with a simple smile and shake of the head. D turns back to the camera, and points to himself.*

D.C.: I'm not getting humble by any means. What I'm saying is that, once you get that Midas touch, it's hard to just fall back into line. See we kind of have some similarities. Minus the part where you were undefeated in the Mixed Martial Arts game. But, you were on the cusp of breaking into the big leagues... But you broke. Don't feed me the bullshit saying that seeing your own blood throws you into a rage. Come on kid.

*D cranks his wrist in front of his waist and "tosses it aside".*

D.C.: You flipped out because someone was better then you and you were being forced to realize it before you were ready to admit it.

*As he makes the point he sort of gazes into the camera. Shaking his head slightly as if snapping out of it.*

D.C.: But we were both cast down before we were ready to give up that throne. I had a career you have wet dreams about. I faced down devils without batting an eye. I started wars. I won championships. I won every award you could possibly think of.

*D raises his shoulders, again looking at Eli.*

D.C.: A Hall of Famer... At least to some people.

*He turns away from Eli, lowering his shoulders, and back towards the camera with a small lean.*

D.C.: But like I said James, we were both cast down before we were ready. Granted, you were cast down for flipping out. I got paid to lose my mind, and got paid to make others lose theirs. The point I'm making, is that while we were both at that low point, that is where our similarities end. We were forced into starting over. So instead of doing what you did and just get paid to beat people up again I tried that "normal life".

*D points away from himself, out towards the distance.*

D.C.: I walked away from this business leaving friends behind. leaving a legacy that no one has since matched. Leaving a history chalk full of memories people still hold on to and talk about.

*As D brings his arm back to his side he lets out a sigh.*

D.C.: And it was just about three years ago.

*He lowers his head, almost as if talking to himself.*

D.C.: That, is not normal. I had made such an impact in this industry that when I walked away and tried to be normal, I was constantly reminded of what I'd done. What I had accomplished.

*Slowly gazing up at the camera, he seems to have a yearning in his eyes.*

D.C.: Do you know how that feels James? Of course not because you traded in one fist fight for another. You knew better. A fighter can't be anything but a fighter.

*He manages a smile, but its forced.*

D.C.: Being reminded about those days got really fucking annoying. My life was like a History Channel special. People would tell me about things that I had forgotten. Reminding me of names I can't even put faces to.

*D sways a little bit as he continues almost with a rising anger.*

D.C.: And then it always followed with that final question. "When?"

*He lets out a laugh, albeit a condescending one.*

D.C.: "When is DC coming back?" "When?" soon followed by,"where?".

*Another laugh.*

D.C.: That, is why we find ourselves here James. About a year ago now I left my house and went back out on the road, but this time... This time was going to be different. I reached a crossroads James. I got so sick and fucking tired of people telling me how good I was. I started to believe a normal life is not something I'm allowed to have. I tried to bottle it up, but it never stopped. Everyone kept talking about my past.

*Like a slap to the face D kind of stands straight up. A light bulb went off.*

D.C.: And then it hit me. THEY were living in the past, not me. I was living in the now, but not allowed. But nobody...

*With brooding intent D leans to the camera.*

D.C.: Nobody sees the future.

I am the future.

*He pauses, gazing away from the camera with a smile that only he can muster. He adjusts his hoodie, rather confidently.*

D.C.: I took those questions James, I took those questions with me when I left my house. Those questions didn't inspire me. Those questions defined what I was going to do.

*D holds his hand up, index finger extended.*

D.C.: If I couldn't live my own legacy down, then I was going to rise above it. I got to a point in my life where I knew, the DC that people knew, wasn't going to come back. It would be brand new. It would be something nobody would see coming.

It would be the future.

*He lowers his hand, pointing directly into the camera.*

D.C.: You my friend, have just enough luck left inside your sorry ass excuse for a career to be the first person I face down this road. Don't call it a comeback, because all those things that happened before, the person I was, has changed.

*D slaps his hand, palm to back hand...*

D.C.: New moves, new style, new look, same fucking attitude.

*The final slap at the last word as he holds the position he stopped in.*

D.C.: So when this all came to head, I met up with another person who went through a transformation. I met up with Grand Mystique... Imagine my surprise. He isn't the man I knew, and I'm sure I'm not the person he imagined I would be. But he made an offer...

*Standing straight up now, D extends his arm out towards Eli, who has been standing there this entire time in case you forgot about him.*

D.C.: So, I made one phone call. One phone call to Eli Silver. He got the contract. I had a return at the Lethal Lottery, albeit as baffled as everyone else that I was being handed a bazooka rope shooter. BUT, I returned.

*D playfully smiles and sort of rolls his eyes a little. But he shakes his head quickly a few times, and continues.*

D.C.: I went on to raise hell outside of the Lethal Lottery match. James, I eliminated more people then you did and I wasn't even in the match! I don't even think your music stopped playing!

*He lets out a chuckle holding his hands on top of his head.*

D.C.: So, after all is said and done, mind you I'm still getting used to this place that night, I find out, that YOU, are Stormrage's former tag partner making you're "triumphant return."

*D lowers his hands.*

D.C.: Well the world isn't big enough for two feel good moments Jim. My return, is a tsunami. Your return, is the ripples in the kiddy pool after Stormrage farts. Your already dead in the water.

*D steps away from the camera, doing a half spin. Showing his back, he turns around to face the camera again. He leans in.*

D.C.: It's going to take a lot more then a bad temper and clinched fists to knock me down, Jimmy.

*Making a "finger gun" with his hand, he places it against his head.

D.C.: The Sacrificial Alter is the gun pointed at the head of WZCW.... Blink, and your dead.

*He whispers.*

D.C.: Don't blink.

*Suddenly, he rises straight up, looking down into the camera, as if nothing happened. Calm, cool, and collected.*

D.C.: And if you don't like it...

*Its not too familiar around these parts, but we'll get used to hearing those words and seeing him spit on the camera. Which he does, as the scene slowly fades to black Eli walks over to him patting him on the shoulder. A big smile comes across Eli's face, dollar signs dancing in his head. D continues to look into the camera until we are left with total blackness.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back