• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD79: New Church vs. Titus & Angel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
One of the most popular and successful mentor/mentee pairings will be competing in tag team action as Titus and Angel are set to take on the newest cult sensation of the New Church. Westoff & Jacobs have got their sermons ready to preach their word and showcase how dominant they truly are. However, will Angel's faith and Titus' courage plus his past of vanquishing evil foes be enough to take down the church?

Deadline 19th of September, 11:59pm Central Time. No extensions allowed

Interlude: In the Beginning

On a private jet somewhere over the country, Derek Jacobs sits staring out the window, looking out into the dark night sky. Mason Westhoff sits across from him, fast asleep. Coming off of their win against Strikeforce at Ascension; there is much celebrating to be had, but Derek can’t help to think back to how he met the spokesman of The Almighty.
The scene changes to the backstage area after Redemption. We see Derek sitting on a bench in his locker room, looking dejected after his loss in the Mayhem Scramble match.

Redemption was supposed to be my night of victory; but instead once again I was defeated. Added to the disappointment I had in my “friend” James for not showing up to support me, and I was once again about to lose my cool. Then he walked through the door. The man who would completely change my outlook on the world and the people in it; only I didn’t see it that way. I was just looking for another payday.

Who the hell are you? Don’t you know how to knock?

My apologies, brother. Let me introduce myself. I’m Mason Westhoff, and as of 30 minutes ago, I’m the newest member of the WZCW roster. I saw your loss, Derek and I have to say that even though you lost, you looked very impressive.

It’s not about looking impressive. It’s about winning. And that’s something that I haven’t done a lot of around here.

A cocky sneer breaks out on Derek’s face

But something that I have done a lot of since I’ve been here is make money. You see Mr. Westhoff, I’m a man that can provide a man of your stature with something precious here in WZCW. I can guarantee protection for you, for the right price of course.

Westhoff considers Jacob’s offer, then smiles and shakes his head.

Well, Mr. Jacobs as tempting as that offer is How about I offer you something more important than money? You see, I can offer you much more. Derek, do you still have those nightmares?

How did you know-

Very simple, Derek. The Almighty has shown me that you are a soul in need of something more than what the world can offer. Join me, Derek. Together we can rid WZCW of the evil that plagues it. Join me.

Mason stretches out his hand. Derek contemplates if for a moment; then, with a tear in his eye he takes it.

We snap back to the present as Derek is now in a hotel room, checking emails and news in the world of wrestling. One email particularly grabs his attention. It’s from James Parker.

Derek, listen. I didn’t mean to piss you off outside of the club last week. But how in the hell do you think I would’ve acted? You haven’t showed your face around here in weeks, your friends are all worried, and when you do come around you act like we have a disease or something? This isn’t you Derek. That preacher has you brainwashed and I don’t like it. But that doesn’t mean that you’re not family, so I’ll make you a deal. You win your match on Meltdown this week against Titus and Angel, and I’ll talk to you more about listening to Westhoff’s message. Titus is a legend in WZCW, and the last time you were in the ring with him you were on your back for three seconds. Don’t let that get to you. You’re still Dr. Pain. Act like it. I’m here if you need me.
James.

Derek sighs and contemplates replying to the email, but he refrains from it for now. Instead, he picks up the phone and dials the number to Mason’s room.

Mason? Yeah, it’s Derek. I have a plan for our match this week.

Lesson of the Day: Success is a product of proper preparation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The scene opens in a state-of-the-art workout room. With a floor space larger than most private gyms, there are the latest models of just about any exercise machine you can imagine are dotted across the floor. Around the edge is a blue, 3 lane running track with some hurdles pushed just off of it. In front of a mirror that covers an entire wall stand Brothers Mason Westhoff and Derek Jacobs. Brother Jacobs has a dumbbell in each hand and is doing curls, while Brother Westhoff is performing squats.

30 more seconds, Brother Jacobs!

Both men are drenched in sweat and seem to be slowing down, but continue to push through the pain.

And…switch!

Both men drop the weights and move to where the other man was and switch exercises.

Push, we’re almost there!

Both men’s faces show a picture of pure agony as they continue the training.

15 seconds!

5 seconds!

Brothers Jacobs and Westhoff each let out a primal roar as time expires.

Good work. Let’s cool down and we’ll call it a day.

They set down the weights and begin to walk around the track, making sure to also stretch their arms.

The extra sessions this week were an excellent idea, Brother Jacobs. I’m glad you called.

Thank you, Brother Westhoff. I figured that Angel and Titus were both smaller than us, so why not play up the power advantage? The Almighty has blessed us with these physical gifts, the least we can do is be sure use them to the best of our abilities.

Very well put. I figured that since I had this new fitness center, we could put it to good use.

As for strategy, we had no issues with Angel the last time around. He’s small enough for us to throw around and new enough to not really know how to stop us from doing it. We just have to make sure we don’t let him get rolling, because he’ll be much tougher to stop.

Makes sense. I mean, I outweigh him by 100 pounds, you outweigh him by 50, so I think trying to focus on him is our best bet. It would be sweet if I could pin Titus, though.

Brother Westhoff stops walking for a moment and gives Brother Jacobs a disapproving look.

Brother Jacobs, I understand your frustration with getting pinned. However, you must stay focused on our goal, which is becoming tag team champions. A victory in this match should solidify us at the top of the list of contenders. Titus is a former World Champion and WZCW legend. Angel is a rookie that we can physically dominate. You may get a chance at revenge, but this week is not that time.

The two men resume walking.

Don’t worry, Brother Westhoff, I understand. Pinning Mikey Stormrage last week was the highlight of my career thus far. I’m not going to throw away the momentum we have on some frustration from a match 2 weeks ago. The old me would have done nothing but attack Titus and cost us the match. The Almighty has blessed me with a calm mind and I will used this gift to ignore my desires for retribution and instead, get us that much closer to tag team gold.

Your transformation is one of the greatest I have seen in all my years of proclaiming the word of The Almighty, Brother Jacobs. Your faith not only will guarantee you salvation in the afterlife, but also will bring you much success during your time here on Earth.

The two men share a handshake as they reach a bench with towels and bottles of water. As they wipe their faces and rehydrate, Brother Westhoff’s assistant, Sister Jessica Malory, comes in almost at a dead sprint.

Brother Westhoff, I’m so sorry for interrupting, but this came and I was told you needed to see it immediately.

It’s okay, Sister Malory, we were just finishing up. Let’s take a look.

Brother Westhoff opens the letter and begins reading as Brother Jacobs continues to towel off. As he continues reading, Brother Westhoff’s face looks more and more shocked. He begins to speak, but sounding a lot more stern.

Where did this letter come from?

I’m not sure, a young man just brought it in and said you needed to see it immediately. I was going to ask more questions, but he had already turned to leave.

There wasn’t anything notable about him at all? Any distinguishing features? Unique haircut? Anything?

I’m sorry, Brother Westhoff, but no.

Is everything okay, Brother Westhoff?

Gather your things. Shower and change if you wish, but we’re leaving in 10 minutes.

What’s going on? Does it have to do with our match this week?

Brother Jacobs, if what this letter says is true, something much bigger than any match is about to occur. Please, save your questions for the car. We need to get going.

The two men quickly pack up their gear as the scene fades to black.

It is dark. All you can see is criss crosses of light peeking through. Someone is sitting down but the face is not visible.

Voice: So what is troubling you my son?

The body moves forward and it's now clear through the criss cross lighting that it is Titus.

Titus: I don't know where to start.

Voice: Why did you come?

Titus: I suppose being a mentor is harder than it looks.

Voice: Leadership is not a position occupied, but an influence exercised.

Titus: So I wasn't chosen for no reason. My mentee is suited to me and that's that?

Voice: I can sense you don't agree with that. Is there an area of mistrust?

Titus: It's hard to trust someone who wears a mask.

Voice: Why?

The voice cuts in just as Titus was saying the word mask. Then there is a few seconds silence.

Titus: I can't see his face.

Voice: Since when has that mattered? The people of Keystone City trusted you when you wore the Red Mask.

Titus: Yes, but that was different it was for the greater good.

Voice: What is the greater good? Angel is doing the right thing so you should trust him. You trust me, right?

Titus: Yes, but you're a man of God. If I can't trust you, who can I trust?

Voice: Angel is a man of God. You should trust him.

The voice pauses.

Voice: It says in Proverbs “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” You shouldn't trust a man because he's a man of God, you should trust a man by what he does with his life.

Titus: That makes perfect sense actually. I can't be trusting someone just because they're a man of God, Isaiah 2:22 is paramount for that.

Voice: Well yes my son, it is. Plus Angel is more likely to trust you with the effort you've put in. You've come to confession and you've read your Bible. You should probably go and pray.

Titus: Thanks father.

Voice: Remember Titus, it's for your own good.

Titus stands up and the shot shows the outside of the confession booth. Titus walks out to the left and there's a pause. A familiar man walks out to the right wearing a white shirt, black tie, black shoes and black trousers.

The next shot is Titus sat at the back of the church kneeling down.

Titus: Hi God, it's me. How's it going? How's the family? Tell your son I was asking after him and tell him thanks for dying for my sins. This is stupid.

Titus stands up and starts to walk away. He stops and turns back and once again kneels down.

Titus: I'm sorry, not even sure if you're there but I'm doing this for Angel. I respect that kid and he works his socks off week in and week out. He was there for me last week and by gosh I can't let him down this week. I'm asking for strength God.

Titus sighs.

Titus: I'm a reverse Batman, the first bout is easy but the second match up is where I struggle. The last time I fought New Church they were soundly beaten but I also had Saboteur and Action Saxton in my corner. I don't want to let Angel down by saying I doubt my own ability sometimes. Everyone thinks I'm this over confident person because I've won Oscars and titles galore but this is a new avenue for me. I've never had an apprentice and it's great pressure, so God please help me this week and give me strength. Amen.

Fade to black.

About an hour after his victory against Darren Bull, The Angel is still feeling the pain as he is changing from his ring gear into some street clothes. He is sore as Darren did a number on him as well as the bump he took in his Mentor's match on Meltdown. He is slowly rotating his neck trying to massage some of the pain away. A loud knock on the door and Titus slowly opens the door.

Angel! You did great our there. How are you feeling?

Suprisingly well since I did take a nasty fall during your match against Steamboat Ricky. And Darren is no joke in the ring.

You got the win and you impressed some of the other mentors as well.

Angel almost loses control when Titus tells him this. He worked hard to impress his mentor but to impress other ones as well was almost too much for him to handle.

I also wanted to thank you for what you did during my match on Meltdown. Joe Mason could have seriously hurt me.

Titus extends his hand to Angel who in return grabs it. TItus smiles for a second but then withdrawls his hand as he is a little embarrassed to show a little emotion to Angel.

Um, well, I got more good news. I got you an interview with Becky Serra. Have you met her yet?

I have seen her around but never acutally talked to her. She always seems too busy.

Yeah, she is a busy woman. Anyways have you heard about your match?

Not yet. I was actually going to talk to Chuck Myles and see who I will be facing on Aftershock next week.

No need for that. I was informed a few minutes ago that you are competing against the New Church with me as your tag team partner. And it's on Meltdown.

Angel gets a bit excited but trys not to show it too much.

The New Church? Sounds like another easy win.

Titus gets furious for a moment.

Angel! Don't let your guard down against any opponent. My third bit of advice is to always take every challenger serious. Anyone on the roster can defeat you in a split second.

Yes Titus. I apologize for my words earlier.

You are fine. Your interview is a few hours before Meltdown goes on the air, So be there early.

Titus turns and leaves out the door. The Angel sits on a bench and removes his in ring mask and putting on a much smaller more comfortable mask with the same design.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

A difficult challenge has been laid before us Titus. Derek Jacobs and Mason Westoff are two foes that should not be taken lightly as you said. We turn our backs for a second and they can and will strike.

Angel stands up and begins to head out the door of his locker room. He stops and turns back around and gazes around his room. He sighs and then exits the door.

Days go by and it is finally time for Angel to meet to have an interview with Becky. She is sitting in a chair next to him and a man acting as the director tells them that the camera is rolling.

Hello everyone! I'm Becky Serra and joining me today is one of the several mentees in the Mentorship Program. He comes all the way from Las Cruces, New Mexico, Angel!!!!

Angel waves at the camera.

Angel thanks for coming on the show for an exclusive WZCW.com interview with me.

Thanks for having me Becky. It's an honour.

Ok, well lets get to it. First question. Last week during Titus' match with Steamboat Ricky this happened.

Becky points to a t.v. behind them and a clip from Meltdown plays.

Both men start to stir, Ricky quickly goes back down winded.
4! Titus gets to his knees and reaches for the ropes to help him
5! Mason is making his way around the ring towards Titus
6! Titus is almost upright but is leaning heavily on the ropes, Ricky meanwhile seems to have caught his breath.
7! Mason makes it to Titus but before he gets a chance to try to grab his legs he’s knocked to the mat by Angel who dives off the apron towards him and flying headfirst into the barrier.

You almost broke your neck in order to save Titus. Why would you do that for a man you bearly know?

Well a few reasons. Titus could be challenging for the world title right now but instead he is helping me get better. He helped me out so much that I had to help him. Even if it does cost an injury.

I'm sure Titus is thankful to you.

He doesn't have to be. I would do it again in a heartbeat. And that's the reason me and him are going to beat The New Church on Meltdown this week. Big Dave booked us in a match against them.

I've heard. It should be an exciting match. Let's talk more about this Mentorshp Program. So far since you have been under the wing of Titus, you are undefeated. Does having Titus in your corner every match help out?

It's like NFL. The coach is there telling the team how to play better. Titus is my coach. He tells me what to do and when to do it. I try my best to follow but with the crowd cheering so loudly it's pretty hard to hear him.

It's hard to hear myself commentating matches so I know what you are talking about. More questions. Is there anyone in the Mentorship program that you want to face in a match?

Arashi. He is also undefeated. A match between the two of us would be pure poetry. He also has one of the best mentors in the program in Celeste Crimson.

Still time for a few questions. Apocalypse is the next Pay-Per-View coming up in a few weeks. It has been announced that an elimination shall occur at the event. How do you think you will fare with the judges.

Fairly well. I'm the only mentee to have success outside of Aftershock. In my third match here in WZCW, I helped my team defeat the former WZCW tag team champions and my opponents for this week, the New Church. While everyone else in the program is facing other rookies, I am facing men who have had success in the business. Titus and I are unstoppable as a team together. We cannot be defeated.

The Angel stands up nods his head at Becky before walking off. A confused look is on Becky's face as the interview wasn't over in her eyes.

Back at the Angel now and he is back in his locker room getting ready for his match. He is bounching on his heels delivering kicks to a punchingback. He stops and sits down. Next to him is a bible. He grabs the Holy book and begins to read it.

"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them." Romans 12:14

My lord. My Savior. "Our Father in heaven,hallowed be your name.Your kingdom come,your will be done,on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts,as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil." Mathew 6:9-13

I do not curse at my opponents as I want them to be one hundred percent in shape. I want them to be ready for Titus and myself. Derek and Mason, good luck to you both. You shall need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back