MD76: Titus vs. Austin Reynolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
With both men suffering from losses in their previous match, Reynolds has been scheduled to take on Titus. The multi-time Oscar winner will have to keep all eyes on his opponent as Austin hasn't been his cheery self recently so don't expect this to be a strictly wrestling contest. However, it will provide both men with great tune-up matches to prepare for Redemption.

Deadline is Tuesday, July 10th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

We see a room full of news reporters and journalists who are crowded around a small platform. Austin Reynolds is front and centre on the platform, the complete focus of attention.

“And that’s why I’m going to beat Titus at Meltdown.”

In the past, Austin has stayed after his obligatory press conferences to answer additional questions or to fulfil other press-related duties. Today, he cannot get off the stage quickly enough. He scuttles away like a cockroach evading capture. But today, the relentless Stacey Madison is on his tail and she has an exhausted looking cameraman in tow.

“Austin, what are you saying? I thought you respected Titus, this is a bit if a change in tune for you isn’t it?”

Stacey has caught up but Austin is walking quickly.

“Titus is the representative of everything that is wrong with WZCW at the moment. He doesn’t take anything seriously, brushes off loss after loss and takes every bump in the road with a pinch of salt because he doesn’t care. I care, I take every loss personally because I know that when I lose, ratings suffer, but what do I get for it?”

Austin stops, turning suddenly and Madison nearly crashes into him. Austin glares at her and shakes his head. Madison takes the chance to ask her own question and chooses to ignore the somewhat rhetorical query posed by Austin.

“You tagged with him before Kingdom Come and talked him up in public beforehand.”

Austin snorts sarcastically.

“Titus and Ricky gave me half assed efforts in that match and they both let themselves down at Kingdom Come as well!”

“You talk of them letting you down but you got yourself DQ’d last week in your match.”

Austin walks away once more but Madison is persistent and squirms around him, proving to be an obstacle between Austin and a clear route of escape. The cameraman follows them both.

“You lost Austin; surely you let yourself down then?”

“I beat Constantine last week; I took everything he had and then I beat him over the head with his precious briefcase. I’ll do the same to Titus if I have to this week. And if Ricky feels like he wants a shot, then he knows where to find me but I’ll just do the same to him. These so-called superstars need some perspective banged into them. They need to get serious and realise that this business is their life. This is what defines them. In this world, they can be gods.”

The camera approaches Austin and gets a bit close. The Ratings Winner turns around and shoves the cameraman away with a furious look on his face. Stacey ignores this little incident and again she asks her own question.

“Titus is a two time World Champion but his activities outside of WZCW are almost legendary. I’m certainly not his biggest fan but he is the one WZCW superstar who can claim to be legitimate in wrestling and out of it.”

“So he won a few trinkets for some two-bit schtick films. He became a hero in Keystone by wearing a mask of all things. Titus is clueless; that so-called legacy isn’t going to define him. He’s a two time World Champion, that should define him!”

Austin walks past Stacey but the minx catches up again.

“I would kill to have the opportunities that he has had!”

“In the acting world?”

Stacey seems surprised that Austin could be so upset about film roles but Austin sneers at the suggestion of it.

“God no. I’m talking about the second Lethal Lottery, the Kingdom Come II main event, even the All or Nothing match last year! He has these opportunities dropped onto his plate. Those achievements, those fluke wins, define Titus Avison. Not four Oscars for some cheesy film roles.”

“The simple truth is I know I am better than Titus, the world knows it. Since losing the World Title, Titus has become a stain of insignificance on the history of WZCW. I took Titus’ record as Elite X Champion and I was the dominant member in the longest running tag team champions ever. I have done more for WZCW than Titus ever has!”

Austin punches the wall with the bottom of his fist.

“My successes define me and my successes will be remembered as more significant than his. Let the actor go back to Hollywood because the Ratings Winner is going to leave a defining mark on the face of the legend that is Titus Avison.”

Stacey glares at him but despite that, Austin storms off.

“Jeez, I wonder what has got his goat. Or who?” She flicks her hair back. “Ok, let’s go find a rookie to torment. They're so desperate to flirt.”

Titus: I suppose we're a lot more similar than you would think.

The promo opens with Titus' voice but the visual shot is that of a table which has various wrestling magazines. It is clear by the covers that they are a few years old. Becky Serra's voice can also be heard.

Becky: I wouldn't say that, I would say you're very different to each other.

Titus: Not at all, look.

Titus moves some of the magazines around as you see two covers with the same headline “The Greatest Elite X Champion.” One shows Titus with the belt over his shoulder whilst the other shows Austin Reynolds with a similar pose.

Becky: That's just one thing.

Titus: Then there's this.

Titus shows various other covers with titles such as “A true star,” “Ratings,” and “The next big thing”.

Becky: You're right, you have had quite a similar path yet they've never seemed to cross.

The camera has now panned up to show Titus and Becky sat on a couch behind a coffee table.

Titus: Until this week.

Becky: How do you prepare for a match against someone you know of so well yet haven't faced off in a one on one setting.

Titus: Better than I did the last time I had one.

Becky: Oh yes, you lost last week to Celeste how do you.

Titus: She was better than me, she deserved to win. What else am I supposed to say to that? Yeah there seemed to be a bit of beef after the match but that was just heat of the moment stuff. We're cool with each other, we're paid to wrestle and wrestle we did. It's one of those times that I have no shame in losing, in fact many people have said I came in second last week not lost. It was a great match, one I'm proud of. The result doesn't matter as long as the people watching at home were entertained.

Becky: Though you against Reynolds is still a big match for you, surely that means something.

Titus: No, it really doesn't. I doubt it does for him too.

Becky: What makes you say that?

Titus: Is his focus on beating me? No. His focus is on the Ricky of the Runn variety. It was just a month ago that we teamed up together yet it seems such a long time ago, he can say whatever he wants but the hatred he's developed for that young kid is just uncalled for. Though I should probably put some focus on this match as well.

Becky: What are you focussed on?

Titus: It always comes back to Dave and Ty. If Dave does the right thing we get to face each other one on one. Here's the problem though, the right thing in Ty's eyes is not necessarily the right thing. The right thing would be calling it down the middle yet for our owner it would be gifting himself the title which is just an abuse of power that I've not seen since Joseph Rios. My concern is who I face at the PPV, and if it's Dave I will be pulling out all the stops.

Titus pauses and puts his head between his hands.

Titus: Though that's my problem, it's always the what ifs or the next steps, I should really focus on the now. Not silver or gold, not Dave or Ty but right now.

Titus suddenly bolts up standing with his arms on the side of his hips.

Titus: Rebecca ask me how I will do against Reynolds.

Titus' voice booms with confidence and excitement.

Becky: How will you do against...

Titus: I'm glad you asked that question Becky, I'll beat him. One. Two. Three. I will beat Austin Reynolds.

Becky: Though you were just saying before how similar you were.

Titus: We couldn't be more different if we tried.

Titus picks up some of the magazines.

Titus: How many of these magazines list Austin Reynolds as the world champion? I mean there's quite a few shots he's had so surely he must have won one.

Titus throws down a pile of five or six magazines.

Titus: Not one. Here's me winning the world title.

Titus drops down two more.

Titus: Twice. Then there's this...

Another magazine is thrown down on the table “Keystone City hits the Jackpot”

Titus: Lethal Lottery winner. Here's the thing Becky, he must hate this. There are three things that are always apparent in WZCW.

Titus sticks his finger up like a number one.

Titus: Firstly nothing is a fluke, you get an opportunity and you run the heck with it. You never know when something comes knocking and you've either won or lost the biggest match of your career.

Becky: The second?

Titus: History builds a foundation, how many people can look back and say they have my achievements? Showtime? Ty? Dave? Not many others.

Becky: Lastly?

Titus: I am never down for long. A few losses is always followed by a few wins. In the grand scheme of things what will be my legacy? Exactly. You want Titus at his best this week? You've got it.

Titus walks off leaving Becky with the pile of magazines, she rifles through them as the camera fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back