MD76: Steamboat Ricky vs. Matt Tastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
WZCW's resident pirate Steamboat Ricky has been scheduled to take on Matt Tastic in singles competition where both men will be looking for a victory after their losses to the Mayhem and Eurasian champion, respectively. Ricky will have to watch his back though as he will be competing on the same show as Bowen who has been going after the legend for weeks, despite his master's orders. Can Tastic use this to gain the win or will Ricky's veteran skills be enough to take down Matt?

Deadline is Tuesday, July 10th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

The following rp is brought to you by:

gasparrrrrri_logo.jpg

Are you looking for fat burners and anti-aging supplements that will take you from looking like this:

433px-Mick_Foley_2008.jpg

to this:

20100305_Punk.jpg

in just a week's time??? Look no further than Gasparrrrrrrriii Nutrition!!!! (tattoos sold separately)

*A large pirate ship on wheels is shown pulling up to the WZCW offices, parking in what seems to be a strip of close to 25 parking spaces. Steamboat Ricky, much skinnier and 'inked' than we have seen previously, is shown getting off of the pirate ship. He shades the sun with his hand looking up at the offices ahead. He gives a half smile, then opens up a storage compartment at the bottom of the ship. He pulls out a sign that says “indefinitely closed” and places it on the ship. He then climbs up onto the bow of the ship. He then proceeds to take off his pirate hat, flick away his eye patch, and pull out a megaphone.*

Ladies and gentlemen: WZCW is a fraud. I repeat….WZCW is a fraud.

When I restarted with this company back in 2007…yes, notice how I said “re”started. Whatever Chuck Myles or, I guess Ty Burna and his band of gremlins, would have you believe...WZCW first existed in 2002…I AM a 1-time EurAsian Champion as well as a 1-time WZCW Tag-Team Champion (with Wonderboy)…unofficially making me the first Triple Crown…hell GRAND SLAM CHAMPION in WZCW History. Please do not take away from the accomplishments of Big Dave and our current World Champion “Showtime” Cougar. Their accomplishments are very much to be praised and both have had and will continue to have tremendous careers moving forward. But from day 1 when I started with this company 10 years ago, I have worked my ass off to put butts in the seats and entertain people around the world wrestling my unique style of wrestling. This might not ever go to air, and it will probably be edited before it ever goes to TV…but at least those of you who are in the general vicinity can finally hear the truth.

*Some people begin to crowd around the front of Ricky’s ship.*

Anyway…back to my original point. When I restarted with this company back in 2007, no one gave me a chance. I was nothing but a comedy wrestler. Yeah…that’s what I was told by WZCW upper management. I would go to Chuck Myles and tell him that I was hungry…I want a shot at some gold. “Ricky…you’re a comedy guy. You have your place on the roster…and it just doesn’t look like there’s much gold over there. We need you to charge up the crowd for Joseph Rios.” Oh yes…Joseph Rios. That’s a rant for another day.

Anyways, I was told that I would never make it to the top of WZCW…never even sniff gold. So what did I do? I made my own belt…started carrying it around and defending it. Hell, it turned into it’s own division. I held and defended that title for a lengthy period of time. Then…what did I do? I managed to place second in the first ever Lethal Lottery battle royal. Who did I lose to? None other than my good friend Big Will. Yeah…I love Will. That guy stepped up, went to bat for me, and said, “Hey…give Ricky a chance.” And management finally listened. I went into the first ever King for a Day match…ziplined from the Kingdom Come I set and landed into a guranteed world title shot at any time of my choosing. And once again, when I finally apexed to the top of WZCW…Will was right there by my side…supporting me when others had given up on a comedian pirate.
So, I finally won the World Title…I had done all of these other things…yes, even though Chuck Myles and Co would have you believe that I didn’t…and it left me wondering what I had left to do in this industry. I was complacent. My drive was gone…my passion was gone. I got greedy and coveted my place at the top of the ladder and did not like it when others had knocked me off of my pedestal. I created my own faction and my OWN world title to soothe my ego. Yes…who would have thought? Underneath my myriad of official and unofficial accomplishments is a rather large ego who has often catered to the fans to seek their admiration and praise. And don’t get me wrong…this is not a “you guys turned your back on me and now I’m going to stick it to you” kind of promo. No one has been more supportive of me and my antics than you fans.

*Crowd outside ship continues to grow…applauds Ricky*

I like Steamboat Ricky, the ultra-face pirate who stages training sessions with items from Taco Bell and goes to cat training facilities to learn how to be a better pussy. I think, judging by the roars that I hear at live events, that you all like it to. But apparently Ty Burna and his little shop of horrors do not like it. Perhaps it’s not his brand of entertainment? Maybe the “feel good” kind of wrestling story that I tell is no longer “pop?” Maybe it’s because my promos aren’t long enough? “Ricky, I would really like it if your roleplays were longer.” Would it be better if I took up more of the page by formatting this in a bigger font? Perhaps I could go into disgusting detail about what color my shirt is, what I had for lunch today, or whether or not I’ve shaved in the last three days. But you people can see that without me putting it down right? I mean…what happened to the art of imagination?

*Crowd gives applause*

But hey…Ty Burna wants a new Steamboat Ricky? Well…maybe it’s time to give him what he wants. You see…when I came back at Kingdom Come…I came to bring light back to WZCW. WZCW was once a place where a guy like Steamboat Ricky, an overweight pirate who threw himself into shit, caught himself on fire, kept a parrot as a best friend, and talked to undead luchadores could be WZCW World Heavyweight Champion. Well, not anymore, I suppose. Hell, and no offense to Ace Stevens, because the guy is a really hardcore son of a bitch, but they have said guy who threw himself into shit, caught himself on fire, and invented the Mayhem division TA…well. I think you know where I’m going with this…and I won’t go any further.

*Crowd applauds*

And here is where I make my obligatory statements about my opponent for Meltdown, Matt Tastic. Because hey…if I don’t get at least one to two paragraphs in about my most upcoming opponent, then this will not be worth a damn. Don’t get me wrong, Matt is a talented guy, and I’ve really been watching him with promise since Kingdom Come. I didn’t just do some research on him before my match so I could say that I know who my opponent is. I really thought he was going to win the EurAsian belt at Meltdown, but he just came up short. He’s got a lot going for him, and one of these days…he’s going to be carrying some gold. Matt has the official Ricky endorsement. It’s going to be a cool opportunity to wrestle him at Meltdown and see what the kid can bring.

But I have no beef with this guy. My beef is with Ty Burna and the hell hole that has become his WZCW. My beef is with Alex Bowen and the fact that he runs around calling himself the greatest competitor the Mayhem division has ever seen. My beef is with him how he runs around, interfering in my matches and hitting me with unsuspected attacks. Hey man…I’ve never stepped down from a fight…so if you have a fight to bring…just tell me the time and place, brother.

*Ricky points to the ‘indefinitely closed’ sign on the ship*

The circus is over for now folks. The eye patch is gone…the hat has been put away. Mass orders for toy steamboats have been put on a indefinite hold. So, Ty…you wanted a new Ricky?? You’re going to get one…

*Steamboat Ricky sets off the siren on the megaphone. The crowd applauds, chanting 'Ricky, Ricky, Ricky.' Ricky nimbly hops off the ship, gets into a car, and pulls away.*

BANG! BANG! Hard fists can be heard banging against something metallic.

I had it. Dammit, I had it!

BANG! BANG!

Matt, relax!

BANG!

How can I relax? I keep losing. Dammit I keep losing. Every time.

Matt Tastic and Alisha can be seen. A sweaty and exhausted Matt has his head leaning on a locker with a depressed face while Alisha comforts him.

You win a lot too, Matt. Please don't be like this?

Matt bangs his head on the locker.

Then tell me... Why is it I can't win an important match? Lethal Lottery, King For A Day, a match for the vacant EurAsian title... What's missing? Tell me. Tell me!

I... I don't know, Matt.

That's not helpful at all, Ali. I need the answer. What am I missing? I do the right things, I pay my dues, I pour my soul for this business. What in God's green Earth am I doing wrong?

Matt raises his head slightly with nothing but concern and depression on his expression as the screen fades. In the dark we hear voices echoing. Matt Tastics thoughts rage in his mind. The man continues to be tortured by his stringing lack of success.

All the cheers in the world.... All the praise....... All the love...... They comfort me. But they don't help me. What's the missing ingredient? What am I missing? If it's true that I'm the future of this business, if it's true that I'm a star waiting to be born, why do I keep getting set back? But I can't stay sulking. I can't stay down. Win, lose or draw, I need to get back up and keep pushing. I'm the Super Saiyan of Pro Wrestling, dammit. I won't be denied. But right now... I need to get back on track. I need... One more chance. But can I get it?

The scene re-opens...

Please... PLEASE! One more shot. Just one more shot is all I need. Please.

Matt Tastic now stands in an office pleading at a man sitting on the desk with his back turned

No. You've lost every chance you get. Enough has been done for you, clown. Every opportunity we've given you, you keep messing up. No more free shots for you.

Then what will it take to get back on track? Tell me. I'll do anything, man. Just tell me.

The same as always. Win.

All... Alright. But....... How?

The man reveals himself to be Vance Bateman though Matt doesn't seem all that shocked to find out.

You know Matt, we care about you here and we know about your problems too.

What problems?

Your losses, the whole "Chaos" thing. You know. I know you are worried by all the things happening here. I know Ty's grip here is scary. And I know you're having problems facing your fear of losing. But you can't let that stuff bring you down. It's clear the crowd supports you no matter what.

Then what do you think I should do?

The way I see it, you need new focus. You need to reorganize your priorities. We all know entertaining the crowd is important, but nothing is as important as your own success. Just because you feel this "Chaos" is eating you, doesn't mean it will turn you into Ty Burna's new meat puppet. I say go out there and give 110 percent for yourself. If the crowd loves it, great. If they don't, shame. Success shouldn't be booed. You'll otherwise never reach your true potential, Matt. Do what you have to do to get what you want.

Matt's face goes from depressed to relax but worried at once.

I can't give you any title matches, but I can put you on the right track for one. You're facing Steamboat Ricky next week from what I understand. I realize you admire him. But you can't let that steer you wrong at all. You have to win. No matter what. Otherwise, there will be no EurAsian title rematch, or anything. You can't be a puppet played with by the fans out there, Matt. Ricky is a legend. Zero distractions or you WILL lose. Do ANYTHING to win. Do you understand me?

Matt lowers his head as the words echo through his head.

...anything...to win......anything...to win......anything...to win......anything...to win...I will win. I WILL win. At ANY cost. Yo... you're right, Bateman. I..I can't let myself be brought down like this any more. I shouldn't be distracted. If I'm going to fight, then I should fight with everything I have.

Good to hear. Now go get ready. By the way, your hair has really grown and you've gotten more toned. You've changed a bit the last few weeks, huh?

As Matt walks through the door about to leave he turns around...

And I feel I'm about to change even more.

Once again, Matt's thoughts rage in his head...

Vance is right. I do pay too much attention to the crowd, what they say, I am distracted. I can't let that get to me any longer. I can't let their judgment guide my every move. They are important, but they are only support for me. They are only there to watch and admire. They can't help me win. The only person that can help me win is myself. I need to remember that. I can't let myself be misguided by that. I have to return to my winning ways if I ever want another chance at a title. I failed to win a chance at the World title. I can't let the EurAsian title escape me too.......

The scene reopens backstage at the interview section with Johnny Klamor. Mic at hand, he seems ready to conduct an interview.

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome at this moment, Matt Tastic.

Matt steps in with a towering authority. Hair covering his face from the camera, he turns his head to reveal a new look. One white eye and a blue eye.

cibernetico-300x350.jpg

Well, Matt. It would seem you can't win a major match to save your live at this point. 3 matches lost. 2 for a shot at the World title and one that was for the EurAsian title. How does it feel to be on this particularly interesting losing streak?

Matt looks angrily at Klamor for a bit before speaking.

How does a parent feel when his child brings back bad grades? Klamor, the frustration and disappointment have built up inside me to the point where I feel like a totally different person. Every week I went out thinking I was giving my all in my matches. But that clearly was not true. I was lying to myself and the fans. I can't do that anymore. Success escapes me too much.

Do you think all of these losses have affected your crowd support?

Matt raises his head and thinks for a bit.

You know something, Klamyboy? I'm not particularly a fan of..... the "gay people".

WHAT?!

See, you look at the "black" people, they were enslaved. But they fought for their freedom. Now, us "white boys" we're scared to look at them, act like them or make any crack about them. But you see these homosexuals... Personally, I have nothing against their lifestyle choice. It's their preachiness that urks me. We keep hearing about banning and allowing same-sex marriage. With "blacks" we got Malcolm X, Luther King and so on. With "homosexuals"... Not much really. My point is if we want something, we have to claw, scratch and kill for it. It's the rule of this world. That's why Ty Burna owns this company and why Showtime is World Champion. But Steamboaty...

Your thoughts on him?

He's an icon. He's a legend. I respect the hell out of him. But right now... He's just another obstacle. See, I've tried his Gasparrrrrri products. No offense, but I can't picture you digesting those too well. He is unfocused, he's distracted, the dude lost what? 600 pounds in a few weeks? I NEED one more chance to prove to the world and to myself, that I can win the big one. That I'm not a choke artist. That I'm not a puppet that plays to the crowd. I'm going out there with a win on my mind. It doesn't matter if I'll have to hammer Ricky to the mat to get the 3, but I will get it. I won't let myself get beat by a guy who'd rather be preaching about his bad tasting health products rather than focusing on his job as a wrestler. A warrior should never let himself get distracted or else he'll be burned by his own personal hell. I can personally attest to that. But won't make the same mistakes again. I'm built to learn from them after all.

You sound very sure of yourself, but what...

I'm not done Klamor. I am not done with Rush. He was better than me by one lousy second. And I don't give a damn about Black Dragon. As far as I'm concerned, he's not a part of this roster. If he can't sort out his issues, he shouldn't be appearing to steal other people's thunder. I can beat Rush. I can. I'm going to beat Steamboat to then beat Rush and prove it. I've poured my ass out here for over 2 years and have far too little to show for if I do say so. And I'm damn sick of it. You look around at the Triple X's, the Chris KO's and you see their careers take off. You see Ty Burna take over the company. You see Showtime finally win the big one. If he can do it, so can I. It doesn't matter if I have to dismember his hairy body, it doesn't matter if I have to mutilate his ass. If Steamy thinks Alex Bowen is a hard hitter, he has no clue what's coming to him. A hellhound is coming and ready to devour him if need be. And soon enough, Rush will also pay his prize. Because this little devil is very, very frustrated. And this little devil, really, REALLY needs to vent out his frustrations.

Matt raises his hand and points to himself.

One shot. One more shot is all I'm asking for. I will burn buildings, I will crack the earth, I will make fire come out of my ass, but I will make that big win happen. This Super Saiyan is just going to keep getting stronger and stronger. Soon enough, I'll be strong enough. Right now, I feel I'm strong enough. And Steamboat Ricky is gonna be an unfortunate casualty. He may have done so much, but he's had his moment. I haven't. He's gonna find out just how far I'll go for my moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back