MD74: Showtime Cougar vs. Drake Callahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
The man who has just won the right to become the Number One Contender for the World title, "Showtime" Cougar will be facing off against the man who was eliminated first from the Elimination Chamber, Drake Callahan, in singles competition. This provides a great opportunity for both men as it will allow Cougar a tune-up to get ready for his future title shot whilst it gives Callahan a way to get himself back on track should he defeat the contender.

Oh, and did I mention that this match will be personal between the two competitors, considering their history together?

Deadline is Tuesday, June 12th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1..... WAHHHHH!

Cohen: Oh sweet Celestia.

The crowd roars as the spotlight lands on Drake but he is still in his comfortable sitting position. It takes a moment for Callahan to realise his pod has opened.

Cohen: And he isn't even ready!

At that moment, Callahan jumps up, runs out of the pod, launches himself onto the middle of the top rope and manages to pull off a Shooting Star Press onto Brad Bomb, the freshest of the three men.

Connor: What were you saying, Jack?

Copeland: Callahan is totally not ready.

Callahan is up and goes straight for Constantine who tries to hit Callahan with an attack but he ducks and manages to behind him and hit a falling reverse DDT to Constantine. Callahan is up and sees Rush poised to take him with a big boot but Drake easily rolls out of the way, hitting a low dropkick to Rush's already attacked knee. He drops to one knee and Callahan manages a snap DDT on the big man. He holds his leg and tries for a single leg boston crab but it is no use as Bomb is up and knocks down Callahan from attempting anything, saving Rush a second time in this match from a submission. The knock barrels Callahan threw the ropes and is on the outside area. Bomb follows after but Drake is up and hits a quick enzuigiri to the face of Bomb. He drops to one knee as Callahan falls for his finisher. He tries going for the Hangover but Bomb manages to hit a couple of shots to counter. Callahan backs off and hits a stiff couple of kicks to Bomb, hitting a running big boot to back Bomb off near Baller's pod. Callahan ascends to the top turnbuckle and jumps off, locking to hit a dropkick from one pod to another (virtually) but Bomb pushes off the glass and catches Callahan, priming him for the Detonator, slamming Callahan straight through the glass of an empty pod. The crowd chants "Holy Shit" as there is glass everywhere and Callahan is in a heap. Bomb manages to put an arm over Drake for a pin attempt... 1... 2... 3!

Harrys: Drake Callahan has been eliminated!

Cohen: Easy come, easy go.

Connor: Have a heart, Jack. Callahan just went through the glass and looks to be cut up. I see blood.

Cohen: Not my fault he decided to go high-risk for the entire match. That is what happens when you fail.

The cage door opens as a few referee's and an EMT come to the aid of Callahan, checking on him with one referee updating Bomb on his condition...

The scene - backstage at Kingdom Come IV, with the sounds of King for a Day still ongoing outside. Drake Callahan sits in a trainer's room, as an EMT remains at his side, picking shards of the shattered pod door out of his back. Drake sits quietly, breathing a little heavily, the only expression on his face a grimace of pain. The EMT picks out another bit and Drake's scowl deepens further, a slight grunt of pain escaping. They continue like this for a moment, before the door opens. An intern enters with a pink shirt in hand.

Intern: Mr. Callahan? We wanted to return your shirt to you. And bring you your bag - your girlfriend said this was the only thing you brought with you to the arena.

He reaches out with the shirt. Drake is unresponsive. The EMT meets the intern's inquiring look, and shrugs in response.

Intern: ...Mr. Callahan?

Drake slowly, ponderously lifts his head to stare into the intern's eyes. The intern swallows a bit and takes a step back; Drake's gaze is vicious, filled with silent rage, nothing at all like his usual self. Drake slowly lifts his arm out and grabs the shirt violently. He continues to stare down the intern until the unfortunate young man scurries out of the room with a whimper. He tosses Drake's bag on the floor on the way out.

Drake returns his gaze to the ground, the shirt now clutched in hand. The EMT picks out another piece of the door and Drake grunts more audibly than before. The EMT smiles nervously.

EMT: Sorry about that - that was a big one.

Drake gives no response. He sits still for several more minutes, long enough to hear the rest of the match outside and the thunderous pronouncement of John Constantine as the winner. His only response to that is to tighten his grasp on the shirt clutching in his fist. The EMT can see the tightness reflected in a clenching of the shoulder, but says nothing, knowing better than to talk at a time like this. He picks out the last shard and then claps his hands.

EMT: That's the last one, Mr. Callahan. The rest are tiny ones that won't bother you any, other than an itch here and there. They'll either come out on their own or just get absorbed harmlessly. Unfortunately there's going to be some unavoidable scarring on the back here, you got torn up pretty good. I'll just bandage that up and we'll be done here.

Drake grunts in response and the EMT carries on with his work, bandaging up his back as promised. It takes only a few more minutes.

EMT: Alright then, we're all done here. Real sorry about the loss tonight, Mr. - !!

Drake is suddenly on his feet and furious, his free hand around the EMT's throat and the poor man slammed against the wall. Drake's face is screwed up in incredible anger, his eyes nearly animal. He stares into the EMT's eyes for several long moments, breathing deeply. The EMT is terrified as the moments stretch on. Finally, Drake speaks.

Drake: Don't pity me. Don't ever pity me.

His voice is oddly thin and weak, quiet despite his obvious rage. The EMT nods as much as he can before Drake tosses him aside, sending him crashing to the floor. The EMT hurries out of the room, tripping over himself in his haste to escape. Drake looks around the trainer's room and paces it a few times before collapsing into a chair, sighing heavily as the adrenaline leaves him.

He shouldn't have done that. He knew that, but it happened so quickly. He had sustained himself since leaving the ring by focusing only on the pain, not on the loss, but with his back bandaged and the pain reduced to only a dull ache, and with the EMT reminding him of it all...he'd just gone blind with anger, so much frustration and hurt pouring out at once. He could barely stand it - to have come so close once again, to finally be here, at Kingdom Come, in King for a Day, on an undefeated streak, all signs pointing that destiny had arrived...and to lose, to be crushed in moments, to have it all ripped away like that...it was too much.

He didn't have the strength anymore. He just couldn't do it again - pick himself up, dust himself off, go back to earning his way to another chance - no, another chance at a chance. To have worked so hard just to make it back, then get tossed out in the lottery, was one thing. But to go like this - to go undefeated on the way to the King for a Day, to know he was the favorite, to believe he had everything in the palm of his hand, and then to have it all end so ingloriously...no, it was too much.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

???: Drake? Drake, are you in there?

Drake froze at hearing Kate's voice at the door. No, no, he couldn't. He couldn't see her, couldn't look at her, not right now. He couldn't face her. He tried to speak, but couldn't.

Kate: Drake? Drake, come on! I'm coming in.

The knob turns a bit and Drake lets out a startled choke, leaping at the door and slamming it before Kate can even open it.

Kate: Drake! Come on! I don't care that you lost -

Drake: I DO!

Drake's shout reverberates throughout the room as he pants heavily, all the adrenaline returning to his body. He's sweating as he leans against the door, breathing hard, desperate not to face Kate. Not now. Her voice comes through, soft, pleading.

Kate: Drake. Please. I just want to see you. Everything's going to be okay.

Drake swallows heavily, turning a bit to the door before shaking his head furiously.

Drake: No. Not now, Kate, just...not now. I need some time. Just go home.

He can hear her first choked sob on the other end of the door; it wrenches at his heart. As if it couldn't possibly have gotten any worse.

Kate: ...Please, Drake.

His head swims with emotion - anger, self-loathing, pain, sorrow, disappointment, everything churning together in total chaos. He wants to let her in, but not with pity in her eyes. He couldn't take it - he knew that it would be pity, and it would crush him. He couldn't bear it, not now. He couldn't take her pity - not when he was already so full of pity for himself.

Drake: Go home, Kate.

She doesn't choke back the sob this time - hearing it let out freely is enough to make Drake want to curl up and die. But he hears her footsteps retreat, all the same. In something resembling relief, he collapses against the door, covered in sweat, breathing heavily, a single tear-stain running down his cheek.

Pathetic. That's all he was, was utterly pathetic. He lost his biggest chance at a world championship, and followed it up by driving away the only person in the world who gave a damn. He wanted to run after her - God, he was just so confused. His head was killing him. All of it was too much. He closes his eyes and smashes the back of his head against the door behind him in frustration. The pain helps.

He opens his eyes and focuses on the shirt still clutched fiercely in his hand. He unfolds it, looking at Fluttershy. He stares deadly at it for a moment before choking back an absurd laugh. Eventually he just lets it out, laughing desperately, madly at the idiotic shirt in his hand. Christ, what was wrong with him? He was a grown man. He had been heading into the biggest match of his life. And this was the problem. He had treated it all like a big joke. Wearing an idiotic pony shirt. Even all the hours he'd wasted watching the show. He should have been focusing, working, training...this kind of crap is why he'd blown it all like this. He'd pissed away his chance at the title on ponies.

A long moment of dead silence passes before he lets out a primal scream, rising off the floor and tearing the shirt in half, flinging the pieces aside. Anger took over, the only thing in his head - and it felt good. He looked around the rest of the room, seeing red - almost literally. His only desire, the only thing left in his heart, was to rip this room apart - and he did. He picked up the chair and smashes it to pieces against the wall, flipped the table in the center of the room he'd sat on earlier, ripped doors off the cabinets, tossed the contents of those cabinets all over the room. It took only minutes, but soon it was done - everything in the room was totally ruined. He stands in the center of the wreckage, shoulders heaving as he tries to catch his breath. His only response after a few moments is a grim smile. This - this anger, letting all this frustration out...this made him feel good.

He looks at the door, suddenly realizing that all the noise is probably going to draw some security. He has no desire to deal with that now. He recovers his bag from the wreckage, tosses on a shirt and a pair of shorts that he'd left in there, then throws it over his shoulder and books it out of the room. He's just out of sight when he hears security shout over the state of the room and call for help; and soon, he slips out into the night.

----

The scene - a few days later, at a motel in Texas. Drake lies on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He'd done nothing but subsist off vending machine food and watch television since he'd checked in the night of Kingdom Come. He'd responded to one text from Kate, just enough to tell her to stay home and not come looking, that he'd be back soon. A lie, for all he knew. He had no idea if he was ever going back. He had no idea what he was doing.

His phone buzzes and causes him to stir. He grabs it and checks the time - noon, already - and sees an email. He opens it up and finds it from WZCW.. He reads:

John Adams said:
Drake,

This is John, with production. Updating you on the status of business this week. First off, sorry about the loss. I admit, most of us had been pulling for you. Fans thought you were a shoe-in too. We still think you're close, though, so don't give up. Mr. Burna seems to think so too, he's given you Showtime too. Everyone said you kind of disappeared after your match, so I don't know if you know, but he's the new #1 contender to the championship. Good luck!

Also, there's a press conference for Meltdown today. Sorry about the short notice - Mr. Burna scheduled it to capitalize on the great reception the show received. We're expecting record buys, and we want to keep the ball rolling. We heard you're still there in Texas, so we left a couple of tickets at the airport there - weren't sure if your girlfriend and trainer were still with you. The flight leaves at six, conference is at nine tomorrow.

Thanks,
John Adams
WZCW Executive Producer

Drake stares dully at the words for several minutes, somewhat uncaring. Why bother? More pity from some useless middle man. Burna wanted to give him another chance? It would just end in ruin again. It wasn't worth the effort.

But the more he sat there and thought about it, the more something from the back of his mind came forward. Showtime, he thought. That was something. And the more he dwelt on it, the more he thought about Showtime...the more energized he felt. And the angrier he got. This was something. Maybe it was worth going back. Just for this. For a match against Showtime.

He got out of bed and gathered his things, picking up the pace as he went on. He donned jeans and a jacket and packed up the rest of his things, which were few enough, as it were. A match against Showtime was just what he wanted right now. And the press conference was a cherry on top.

Because he definitely had some things to say.

----

The scene, a WZCW press conference. A large monitor has the WZCW logo spinning about on a black background while a presenter is organizing things. A line of chairs on either side of a podium have a few papers and a glass of water in front of them. Fans have filed in on many rows of folding chairs facing the stage, and a few members of the local press sit in the front, ready to ask questions. The presenter steps up to the podium and taps the microphone.

Presenter: Ladies and gentlemen, we're just about ready to get underway, if everyone can take their seats.

The last few fans trickle in and sit down, a packed house ready to see the WZCW superstars.

Presenter: Okay, everyone, welcome to this WZCW Press conference! We'll have a full slate of your favorite WZCW superstars. They'll take questions from the press - we're requesting no questions from the fans at this time, but remember you can always buy tickets to the Meet & Greet before every WZCW live event to talk to all of your favorite stars!

The press scribbles down some notes and the fans start a rousing "WZCW" chant in anticipation. The presenter smiles a bit and continues.

Presenter: And now, ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to welcome the first superstar on the schedule for today, he was a participant in the King for a Day Elimination Chamber but unfortunately was not victorious, and at this week's Meltdown he will take on #1 contender "Showtime" David Cougar...Drake Callahan!

Drake's music and video hit and the fans rise up to cheer. A few moments pass by and Drake staggers out, looking worn and disheveled. The fans don't seem fazed at his appearance, no doubt assuming a wild night out, but do seem a bit unsettled when his only response is a long, empty stare out at them, rather than the smiling and waving one would expect. He takes the podium and hunches over it, looking tired already. He looks at the notes in front of him briefly before looking back out to survey the crowd, now settling. He clears his throat.

Drake: Are there any questions?

His clipped tone and blunt statement seem to further confuse some of the members of the audience, as some fans look at each other and shrug at Drake's lack of energy. One reporter stands.

Reporter: Mr. Callahan, can you comment on your loss in the King for a Day match, particularly your quick and violent exit?

Drake: No.

The gathered audience looks about in further confusion, not understanding.

Reporter: I'm sorry, Mr. Callahan?

Drake: I said no. What do you want me to say? That I gave it my all and it wasn't enough? Because that's a crock of shit. I didn't give it my all. I wasted my best opportunity at everything I ever wanted. Should I say I'm disappointed, but I'll try harder next time? I'm beyond disappointed, and I don't know if there's going to be a next time. But I'm not going to say those things, because I don't care anymore. I'm done playing the game.

The assembled reporters takes notes furiously, not expecting this kind of material so early. The fans in the audience are now noticeably less energetic than they were just moments ago. Drake stands at the podium with his head down and fists clenched. He can already feel the anger rising inside him. Another reporter stands.

Reporter: Mr. Callahan, what are your intentions regarding Brad Bomb?

Drake: I don't know. I don't care. I'll figure it out when and if I see him. I haven't thought about it.

Reporter: Mr. Callahan, what are your intentions going forward from the loss in King for a Day?

Drake: I have no idea. I'll keep showing up and getting paid, I guess. But it doesn't matter much to me what happens anymore.

The fans are positively dismayed at this appearance by Drake and the reporters continue to take their notes. The presenter steps to Drake's side and leans into the microphone.

Presenter: Ahem. We'll just take one more question here, folks.

Reporter: Mr. Callahan, can you comment on your match with "Showtime" David Cougar this week?

A slight smile appears on Drake's face even as his fists clench tighter. He can feel his blood rising, the anger coming back at the mere mention of Showtime's name. This is why he'd come. This is the only reason he cared to show up at this thing. He can feel a vein in his forehead throbbing. It was good.

That's the spirit, says a voice in his head that is not his own. Drake looks around wildly, a brief twinge of fear tempering his anger, before growling and letting the anger wash over him again. Get out of my head, he thinks.

The assembled audience stares at him, worried now as a result of his silent and strange outburst. He takes stock of them again with a level stare and draws a breath, before beginning. The anger in his voice is palpable, barely restrained.

Drake: Let me tell you some things about Showtime. You all think he's just so great, don't you? I get it. He's flashy. He's attractive. He's a machine in the ring. He's got it all. And now he's finally turned over his new leaf, he's come around to the good side, and he's got himself the number one contendership. And each and every one of you loves him for it.

He suddenly, viciously, slams his fist down on the podium. The crowd starts at the noise.

Drake: He's played you all like a fiddle. Showtime doesn't give a damn about anyone but himself. He can pretend, hell, he can even believe in his own heart, that he's different, but I can tell you something - he hasn't changed. I'm going to remind you of who Showtime really is. I'm going to take you back a few years - time that all of you have forgotten, apparently. I was Eurasian Champion - the real first champion, like I should have been, if it hadn't been stolen from me. But I rose to what I deserved quickly, and I was the Eurasian Champion. And I was scheduled to face Showtime for it. And what did he do? What did your new hero, your idol, your precious Showtime do?!

Drake's voice has risen to a shout by this point, the audience and the presenter too frightened to make a move.

Drake: He attacked me from behind! A C4 to my back before the bell had even rung, before I had the first opportunity to see him! And he beat me for the title right then and there, stole it right from me. And as if that wasn't enough, he concussed me with a shot with my own belt to my head. The shot that put me in Lars Reidar's casket and took me out of WZCW for almost two years.

Drake runs a hand over his face as he scowls furiously out at the audience. He kicks over the chair next to the podium before continuing, the clanging of the steel chair the only noise in a silent room.

Drake: And let's look at how screwed up this company is, shall we? Where did that move get Showtime? Championships, glory, fame, fortune. A year later he won the Lethal Lottery and main evented Kingdom Come while I was out on the streets, everyone forgetting about me. When I came back, he was still in the main event, still a top superstar. I should have come back and hunted him down, took him out like he took me out. Made him hurt. Made him pay. But I didn't. I took the high ground, because you know what? I am a good person. But WZCW doesn't give a damn about good people. They reward slime like Showtime. People who steal. People who lie. People who needlessly hurt others in their own pursuit of glory. Showtime broke every rule on hsi way to the top. He ended - or tried to end - careers. He hurt people. But he can pay off his old enemies and pretend to be a changed man, and you all love him. And he gets a championship match out of it. Showtime's a monster, and he gets everything. But me? I did the right thing. I came back, and forgot about Showtime. I put it behind me. I let the past be the past. And where did I get? Ignored, screwed over, made an afterthought. Two back to back victories over Phoenix got me screwed over and thrown unprepared into a match with Blade, some way to send me into the Lethal Lottery. Which I lost. Then I go undefeated on the way to Kingdom Come, including pinning Barbosa - a former world champion, and don't get me started on him - on the way, and what do I get? A spot with five other men all clambering for a world title shot.

He hits the podium hard again and puts a hand to his forehead. The anger is flowing mightily now and it's cleared his head, made it all apparent.

Drake: I got screwed. I deserved Barbosa's spot in the three way. I should have replaced him the second I pinned him. But I kept my head down, stayed humble, didn't make waves. I played by the rules. And it got me screwed, once again. I thought it was my fault I got pinned in King for a Day, but I see it now. It doesn't take any skill to win that match. It doesn't matter how prepared you are. It's just luck. Constantine was in the right place at the right time. I could have been him. But because I was treated like an afterthought, here I am, a loser once again. The same thing in the Lethal Lottery. I get treated like crap and given no real opportunities. I never complained before - Jesus, I never even saw it before. But I wouldn't have complained if I had. But I get it now. You people want a statement? Here it is, loud and clear. I'm going to beat Showtime this week. I'm going to make him pay for everything he did to me. I'm going to take the vengeance I should have ages ago, but didn't. And I'm going to do it by the rules. I won't cheat. I'll beat him, fair and square, because I'm a better person and a better wrestler than him. And when I do, I want his shot. I want what I should have gotten after I pinned Barbosa. You beat someone in this business, you deserve what they have. Simple as that. I'm making my claim now. When I beat Showtime, I want to be #1 contender. I will accept nothing less.

He grips the microphone and draws it closed to his face. He stares out the window now, addressing something else.

Drake: The last thing I have to say today is a very personal message to Showtime himself. You've fooled everyone else, Showtime. You've paid some off, gotten rid of others, tricked and manipulated the rest - but not me. I know you. I remember you. My head is clearer than it ever was - I quit drinking, did you know? I quit because it was my last flaw. I quit to become a better man. Something you wouldn't know anything about. I'm a good person, Showtime. I play by the rules. I do what's right. I stay humble, I work hard. I never took my vengeance before. But I am now. I am now, because you're a monster, Showtime. You're a cancer on WZCW. And I've realized now, that even though taking vengeance isn't what I want, I'm going to do it anyway. Because it's my job, it's my job as the only good man in this company, to fight the monsters.

Drake pushes the microphone aside and with one last look around the crowd, walks off the stage. For good measure, he kicks over the rest of the chairs on his way out. He heads behind the curtain with a smile on his face as the anger continues to flow in him, finally making it clear to him what he had to do. And it would begin with Showtime.

Scene opens inside a large conference room. A long desk with microphones is set up near the front of the room with a large gathering of reporters, interviewers, and wrestling insiders neatly seated behind. The familiar cords of "Ladies and Gentlemen" play and through the side door emerges Showtime David Cougar dressed in suit and shades. Camera's flash on the new number one contender and he lifts his head slightly to wave at the crowd and then lowers it as he removes his shades and takes a seat at the table. WZCW interviewers Leon Kensworth and Becky Serra sit down beside Showtime to help moderate the press conference.

Kensworth: Good afternoon everyone and thank you all for coming. Before we begin taking questions, Showtime would like to open with a quick introduction. Showtime the floor is yours.

Cougar: Thank you Leon.

Showtime grabs a glass of water sitting on the table. He takes a sip from it and stares at the crowd. He is unable to see any of their face, but occasionally when he blinks, all he sees are images of Trent Stonewall over where there faces are with a very judging look on his face. Showtime takes a deep breath and then speaks.

Kingdom Come was without a doubt, from a financial and from a performance aspect, the greatest show ever in the history of this company and possibly wrestling in general. Every match on that card was outstanding, and every wrestler out there put their bodies on the line for the fans and for the sport they love and have been training for since they were young and in most cases they delivered exceptionally. I could go in great depth just how incredible every match was fought, how every aspect from the opening bell to the final decision was done, but we don't want to be here talking about it until next Kingdom Come begins. I don't need to explain to all of you just how much of a success Kingdom Come was. However, what does need to be explained is how much of a loss Kingdom Come was to WZCW, to its fans, and its roster. Let me be clear that with every success and gain that occurred at Kingdom Come we are about to see twice the loss now that Ty Burna has gained full control of the company.

Showtime takes another sip of water as the reporters stand up and start flashing pictures. Voices can be heard asking questions as Leon and Becky try to maintain some kind of order.

Becky: Over here Showtime, we have a question from the Dallas Roundup News.

Reporter: Anthony Ramo. How important was your victory at Kingdom Come to your career.

Tony, didn't you just hear me say that nobody won at Kingdom Come.

Ramo: But in your match, you won the right to face the WZCW World Heavyweight Champion...

According to the stipulations you are correct, I now have the right to face the World Heavyweight Champion in a match for the title. However what remains to be seen is when or *even if I will ever have such a match. No guarantee was signed for when the it will occur, what type of match will it be, or who else may be included in the contest. The match I had at Kingdom Come might as well have been written on a bar napkin. There is no weight or merit to it anymore. Yes when I walk out on stage at Meltdown I will be referred to as the number one contender, but beyond that no one knows for sure what will be the fate or me, my future opponent, or the title that is at stake. When Meltdown begins in a week we may not even have a WZCW anymore.

Showtime we have another question over here from Hall Pogan of the Aussie Down Under.

Pogan: G'Day Showtime, now we all want to know what you make of the WZCW Champion, Steven Kurtesy. Were you rooting for him to be victorious?

Rooting... perhaps... but make no mistake, Steven Kurtesy didn't win at Kingdom Come.

Course he did mate. He beat that fellow you weren't able to beat at last years event.

Kurtesy retained the title, but he did not win Hall. Again I reiterate, nobody won at Kingdom Come. Not Kurtesy, not John Constantine, not Black Dragon who is current lying in a hospital bed somewhere. Ace Stevens, Triple X, Saboteur, Strikeforce, Big Dave, neither of them won either. Not even the God Damn Apostles of Chaos won. The only person who won at Kingdom Come is Ty Burna. He now controls the fate of everybody in WZCW and all will suffer under his reign.

There is a long silence in the room as Showtime pulls away from the mic to take another sip of water. He places the glass down and speaks.

I will no longer be answering questions regarding decisions of events that happened at Kingdom Come. I think by now you'll know what my opinion is on the matter. Does anyone else have any other questions?

There is a long pause again until Leon breaks the silence.

Maybe you could tell us about the match and how you felt out there. Were you satisfied with how you fought in the match?

Showtime takes another sip. He nods his head while trying to find the words and speaks.

I’d say I was fairly satisfied with my performance, if a bit disappointed as well. My first two appearances at Kingdom Come resulted in me being pinned and tapping out. For WZCW’s biggest star to say he’s been unable to perform at his best at the biggest PPV of the year, that’s something I have never been able to live with. Now I’ve finally shook that monkey off my back in what was definitly one of the best matches on the star studded card, but alas there in that match I am also upset with myself. It was my goal to win the first fall and set the tone. In a regular match that’s all there is... one fall... and I lost. The better man beat me to it in Black Dragon. I said before that only great wrestlers and great champions have ever held the EurAsian Championship. Black Dragon proved at Kingdom Come that he is both of those things when he pinned the monster Barbosa and retained his title.

The rest of the match you could say will best resemble what will become of WZCW and its roster now that Ty Burna 100% ownership. Destruction, chaos, and survival. Barbosa obliterated his competition, to the point where the last bit of order that remained in WZCW removed him from the match. It had all the makings of a tainted finish for our match. Fortunately Black Dragon and I fought tooth and nail and clawed our way to a finish that saw what every great match should have. Two guys fighting and giving there all until one is unable to go any further. In the end, Dragon retained what Ty has tried to take from him, Barbosa regained his unstoppable fury that Ty had quieted, and I regained some form of dignity, something Ty helped take away from me over a year ago. At Kingdom Come I wasn’t defeated, pinned, or tapped out, yet regardless of the outcome I still lost. We all lost.

Showtime contemplates the words spoken. He looks at the crowd of people. No longer does Trent Stonewalls face flash over them, but it is of the smiling laughing Ty Burna that now flashes over them every second blink by Showtime. He slowly stands up and goes to leave.

???: Not so fast.

Showtime turns towards the voice. The man removes his cap and reveals himself to be Johnny Klamour.

Johnny? I asked you if you could do this so I could go see my niece’s ballet and you told me you were out of town.

Klamour: I’ll get to you in a minute missy. You can fool around with men in tights another time. Showtime, boo hoo hoo, at the risk of upsetting our new supreme overlord, yeah we all are saddened by the ownership change. Nobody likes change, especially you Showtime. Whenever a new talent emerges that is possed to surpass you, you can’t help but try to knock them down. You are afraid of being replaced... is that not true?

Showtime sits down slowly and moves closer to the mic.

I welcome all new challengers to face me. I am not afraid to face anyone.

Oh well that’s all fine to hear, and I know you’re not afraid to face anyone. I said you’re afraid to be replaced. You can try to rewrite yourself as a shinning hero now that we are in the era of darkness in WZCW, but what you can never change is your history of underhanded tactics and dirty play. The number of wrestlers that you helped put on the shelf. The people you used to help elevate yourself to the next levels. John Constantine, our new King For A Day contract holder, gained nothing from helping you be victorious at Lethal Lottery 3. I bet I know exactly who hs is waiting to cash in against. And then there is your opponent this week on Meltdown, Drake Callahan. In the three matches you’ve had against him I don’t think there has ever been a clean decision. And don’t give us all your technicalities regarding those matches. Is there anything you regret at all in your matches verse Drake.

The crowd all turns at once from Klamour to Showtime. Showtime rubs at his chin stubble before answering.

There is one thing I regret.... I regret ever using a piece of scumm like Milenko to beat Drake Callahan. Someone... anyone else... would’ve been better.

So... nothing at all you would do differently?

Johnny... the past is just that, the past. I shouldn’t be dwelling on what I could’ve or should’ve done diferently because then I would never be able to move on. I admit I was an egotistical, arrogant, cocky, and hell I’m still a lot of those things, but what I am also now is wiser. I know I don’t need to cheat to win. I know I don’t need some insurance or back up to get what i am after. I know that with the fans cheering me on now that I neat anybody I face in that ring. I had Ty Burna on the verge of tapping at Ascension 48. I can beat anybody I want and that includes our current WZCW World Heavyweight Champion, Steven Kurtesy.

The past may be irrelevant to you, but what is it to Drake Callahan? I’m sure he has not forgotten the beatings that he suffered by you, the humiliations that you brought upon him. Drake is looking to make a big impact in WZCW that he has been thus far unable to do, and a match verse you, the man he lost the EurAsian Title to, the man he had his last match in over two years to, a match verse you might just be what he’s looking for to make that impact. Are you focused on the task in front of you, or are you too busy looking ahead to your title match, if it ever comes. Or maybe, you’re just so depressed by what happnened at Kingdom Come that whatever fight you have left in you is gone, lost, and forgotten.

Showtime runs his hand through his hair and lets out a deep sign. He goes to take another sip from his glass of water, but finds that it is empty. He stands up and hurls the glass against the side wall. The crowd gasps in shock as Klamour ducks, anticipating a chair will be thrown at him next. He slowly looks up and sees Showtime standing there and slowly relaxes as Showtime speaks.

Rest assured Klamour that my fight is not gone and my spirit is not broken. WZCW is caught in a reign of terror, but I will not back down when all around me begins to crumble. This is my destiny right here. To bring WZCW back from the darkness and into the light. The spotlight will shine on me and I will lead it through these times of fear. Hope is my guiding light and it will lead me to victory each and everytime. I do not fear Drake Callahan. Drake Callahan does not fear me. We will go out there and we will fight. It is Ty’s bidding that we tear each other apart and revisit our past. That is why he put this match together. Drake may have every intention to break me, but I will not let him. The past is behind me. I will not strike Drake more than I need to. I will not rub his into the ground and pour liquor in his eyes. I will fight him... just like any other opponent before and every one that will come after, and I will beat him. Ty will not make me hunt for blood. This is survival... and only victory will lead to survival.

Showtime stands up again and leaves the room. The reporters all stand up and try to chase him out of the room, but security has the doors blocked. Showtime ponders to himself as he walks. He thought that he had dealt with all his past issues before his match at Kingdom Come. It appears that the past still has some unfinished business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back