MD72: Ty Burna and Chris K.O. vs. Steven Kurtesy and Celeste Crimson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
The war against WZCW is reaching boiling point as Ty Burna teams up with his right-hand man Chris K.O. to take on the two wrestlers who are leading the charge to take down the Chaos; Steven Kurtesy & Celeste Crimson. The main event promises to get ugly as these four competitors have a lot of history and neither side are looking to back down in this battle for supremacy. Will the World Champion be able to trust the female who used to cause the Chaos to take the victory on Meltdown or will K.O. be able get his head together to team up with his Master?

Deadline is Tuesday, April 17th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

What was it about the state of order that invoked such feelings of dependency and attachment? She had read in a book that it was unusual for ordinary people to seek adventurous fun through chaotic mediums. It was human nature; people were wired to do whatever they damn well pleased because they had free will. It was a choice, and she wasn’t any different. In order for there to be true harmony, a balance between scales of order and chaos needed to be reached.

Celeste tips the glass of water to her mouth and swallows one of her prescription anxiety pills. It was just after two in the morning, and she couldn’t sleep. To make matters worse this one of the few times she ever got to spend at the house.

She turns to see her husband still asleep on their king sized bed. She was grateful during times like this, when everything just felt so empty, to have him around. She turns the knob on the sink and splashes cold water onto her face.

‘What is going on with me lately? I just feel so hollow… and the anxiety… I feel like a giant weight has been pushing down on me ever since I returned to WZCW. I feel like something in my head has just been pounding to get loose… and I’m afraid… of going back to the way I was.’

Their six bedroom three level estate in upscale Sacramento really wasn’t helping; there were times when she felt lost inside of the grandeur of her own home, while at the same time feeling claustrophobic inside of her own skin.

The person that she was before… she wasn’t just a monster inside of the wresting ring; she and Laxus had separated because she had felt that money was more important than loving him. One of the things that had rarely been disclosed was the fact that she had one of the most lucrative contracts out of anyone on the roster during her tenureship with the company 2009. She was only supposed to make one pay per view appearance, but Chuck Myles had talked her into staying longer. The result was a part time contract with pay just as high as the WZCW Champion at the time. Many other superstars on the roster were not happy with this and began to resent her. She was also well known for her bad attitude backstage, and for working stiff. She was even known to shoot on her opponents if they legitimately pissed her off.

And lately that crushing doubt was beginning to weigh heavily on her shoulders. To think after all that she had been through she had been reduced to asking for help… it was something that she wasn’t used to doing. She had always done things by herself, on her own terms, and for herself. She began to doubt herself… maybe she wasn’t being sincere enough? Maybe it was the fame she wanted as the person who ridded the company of Ty Burna… or maybe she was jealous that Ty had accomplished what she had always wanted… to rule over everyone and watch them grovel at her feet!

No! No! No! She was a changed woman, she was sure of it!

She turns off the light in her bathroom and slowly makes her way down the hall and into her son’s room. She stops by the doorway, and lays her hand on the frame; the little boy was still sleeping soundly. She smiles, Nero had been such a handful when he was younger. Being a mother was the best time in her life; there was never a dull moment whenever she was around him. And that made her so happy, all of the dark clouds over her head and the pressures of doubt would simply disappear… she felt so at peace.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The next morning Celeste finds herself on a plane headed to the location of the next show. She slept most of the way; it was a short, but deep rejuvenating sleep that was really what she needed. At the airport she quickly fills out the paperwork and leaves behind the wheel of a rented sedan.

‘Sometimes I wish that the rent-a-cars were complementary,’ she thinks to herself as she drives downtown.

She was never a deeply religious person, but there was one place that she could go. Years ago Mei Mei had taught her how to meditate; she read one Buddhist book and went to one mediation service, but other than that she wasn’t a practitioner. The only reason why she was going to the temple was so that she could meditate around others… having company really helped her focus. She found that she could no longer do so alone.

Minutes later she pulls into the small parking lot of the small temple, she steps out of the car and walks up to the double oak doors. There weren’t many people inside, she enters the quiet area and sits down near the back of the room. She sits cross legged with her right leg folded over her left; she closes her eyes and begins to listen to rising and falling of her abdomen as she breathes in and out…

Rising…

Falling…

Rising…

Falling…

After five minutes her mind begins to clear, and she can see into subconscious. It was a giant white room with walls that seemed to stretch on and on endlessly. Turning to the right she can see a swirling golden hole opening up, and on her left she can see a black hole. She quickly realizes that both of these holes were doorways into other parts of her psyche. She stands, walks over to the golden hole, and jumps in. She’s immediately greeted by the warm nostalgic feeling of harmony, the same one she experiences whenever she looks at her son; however, she can see the black hole bleeding in through the walls. It was caused by the doubt she had within her heart…

She opens her eyes and looks around; she was back inside of the prayer room of the temple. She gets into a kneeling position and turns towards the statue of the Buddha Shakyamuni and bows. She stands and exists the room.

As she’s walking out she’s approached by a tall young man with long hair dressed in fuchsia colored robes.

“You’re Celeste Crimson, aren’t you?”

She looks confused, “I am… er, do I know you? You look familiar.”

The man laughs and bows slightly, “I would hope so; my name is Hunter Jackson. I guess you could call us coworkers.”

Like her, Jackson was simply traveling from temple to temple to practice whenever WZCW moved from city to city.

“You must be one of the new guys; most of them I haven’t gotten to meet yet.”

“Strange, I thought I was the only Buddhist in the company,” he says in mild surprise.

“I’m not really… I have a friend that is; she’s the one that taught me how to meditate. I’m just here because I can’t really concentrate when I’m alone.”

Jackson looks thoughtful, “Buddhism isn’t just about developing and listening with an empty mind; it’s also about listening to your core.”

“I’ve listened to my core, and all its done is brought me doubt.”

“You doubt yourself?”

“In a way, yes; I thought developing a compassionate heart was enough.”

Jackson thinks to himself for a moment, “Are you familiar with the study of sutras?”

Celeste nods, “Somewhat…”

“Developing a compassionate heart is as easy as feeling love and joy, but freeing oneself from the chains of doubt is a bit harder.”

“What do you suppose that I do?”

Even though Jackson was primarily a Zen Buddhist, he was well versed in many other Buddhist schools and teachings.

“Buddha Amitabha created a sutra which allowed him to look into his being and unite the yin and yang of his core which allowed his compassionate heart to open.”

“Sounds interesting, if I were to learn how to do this could I separate myself from my doubt?”

“Buddha Amitabha created a concept of a Pure Land were mediation could be practiced without restraint,” he explains. “When you meditate, I want you chant ‘Namo Amitofu,’ doing so with an empty mind will grant you access to Amitabha’s mindfulness. That will allow you to see your true self.”

“My true self?”

“In order to develop a truly compassionate heart, you need to acknowledge and unite the light and dark sides; only then can you separate yourself from your doubt.”

“I think that I will,” she says as she bows to the man. “Thank you for your advice Hunter, and if we meet in the ring in the future I will do my best to give you a good contest.”

“As will I,” says Jackson.

Celeste turns and makes her way out of the temple, with a newfound determination in her eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

The last rays of the sun began to slowly disappear across the horizon. It was a cool spring evening; a bit chilly for this time of year. The light breeze was making things a little uncomfortable; however, there were more important things than worrying about the weather.

A middle aged blond woman stands bent in front of a window of a green taxi. She was wearing a modest looking white blouse with black slacks. She absentmindedly stamps one of her heels against the ground as she hands the cabbie his fare.

She turns and walks towards the entrance of the looming arena. She runs a hand through her long locks and brushes the bangs out her eyes. She glances at the watch on her left wrist…

‘I’ve still got some time.’

She liked the arena from the previous show; the interviews were held on the top level of the arena in a suite with lots of natural sunlight coming in from the windows. According to the directions, the interviews were going to be held on the first floor again; dark rooms with artificial lighting were so dreary to her. Lately she had been feeling like the shadows had been closing in around her… it was her fear of the unknown and not being able to fully trust all of her allies… could she put her trust in them to help her accomplish her goals? Was their conviction as great as hers? Did they trust her to be genuine? Lately she was beginning to doubt if she could trust herself to be genuine…

… Even so there was one person that she could trust to have her back.

She turns down the main corridor and into the production room. As always there were people bustling about everywhere. It was amazing to her that the entire company could simply pack up and move from city to city each week, only to magically unfold at every arena. She makes her way to the interview room; her appointment was already waiting for her.

“Celeste! Right on time as usual.”

“Leon, it’s good to see you again.”

She greets the man with smile and shakes his hand. She follows him into the room; she turns to find Stacy Madison there as well. She greets Celeste with a rare smile. Her involvement with the Apostles of Chaos had become more than just a war between chaos and order; she now carried the hopes of the two female interviewers for better working conditions.

Celeste pulls back the backdrop and comes face to face with the one person she knew had her back during these trying times… the WZCW world champion, Steven Kurtesy…

He stands and greets her with extended hand, “I’m glad you could make it, partner.”

Celeste raises an eyebrow as she takes the offered appendage, “I wasn’t aware that this was going to be a duel interview.”

“Is there a problem?”

Leon summons another chair, as Celeste takes a seat beside the world champion…

“Not at all; in fact I think it’s better this way. It brings our alliance full circle don’t you think?”

Kurtesy nods in agreement. Stacey joins Leon as the two begin to set up the cameras. The two superstars seated on one side, with the interviewers on the other; a short coffee table was centered between them in the middle. The cameraman gives the green light, as both parties get ready. Leon and Stacy both prepare to speak into the camera…

“Hello all you WZCW fans, I’m Leon Kensworth here with my partner Stacy Madison…”

“… and we’d like to welcome all of you to a special duel interview with the world champion Steven Kurtsey, and his tag team partner for next week’s huge main event, the Queen of the Cosmos, Celeste Crimson.”

“Thanks for the warm welcome you two,” says Celeste.

“Let me say a bit about the interview,” says Leon. “We’ll be asking each of you a round of questions; we’ll start with you Celeste.”

She nods, as Stacy swiftly interrupts her co-anchor, much to his chagrin…

“You are coming off of a huge victory last week against Mr. Baller, and the rest of your WZCW teammates for the match Kingdom Come were named as well…”

“That’s right,” says Leon cutting in. Stacy’s mouth hangs open in shock for half a second before she starts to stare daggers at the man.

“Titus, Everest, and Gordito were all named last week as the members of Team WZCW. What are your thoughts on your future teammates?”

“I-I think that all of them are great guys. Truly this must be a dream team of some sorts…”

The truth was she was feeling rather adamant about her teammates; she wasn’t so much worried about being able to trust them, she was worried that they wouldn’t be able to trust her… that kind of paranoia was slowly beginning to eat away at her.

“…All of us have had our fair share of troubles with the Apostles and Ty Burna over the past few months; it would make sense to pair us all together. Our desire to get rid of them all will be our uniting force.”

She begins to speak with valor, “All of us know what’s at stake at Kingdom Come, and none of us are prepared to lose.”

Steven Kurtesy looks on, nodding occasionally as Celeste continues to speak. Stacey interjects with another question…

“What a wonderful sentiment; which brings us to the present. This week you have a tag team match against Ty Burna and Chris KO… and your partner will be the world champion Steven Kurtesy. What are your thoughts on this?”

“I think this is a great opportunity to show both of them what we’re capable of. I’ve got allot on the line this week, Steven has allot on the line this week and neither of us can afford to lose. I’ve faced Ty once before, and I admit that I was outmatched, but this time I have someone watching my back.”

She turns and shoots a look at Kurtesy, who nods in agreement…

“I’m not worried about Chris at all. I had him defeated in our last contest, if anything he should be worried about me…”

Stacey suddenly stifles a laugh, as Celeste shoots her a weird look. Chris’s recent infatuation with the busty blond warrior had gone totally unnoticed by her… she had no idea that she had nearly inadvertently broken up the Apostles by causing Chris to doubt his master. Kurtesy looks on with an amused look on his face.

“... I have proven myself to be a formidable foe to Ty Burna and his empire… and at Kingdom Come his Apostles will have no chance against my fury, because it is my desire and will which fuels the fires that cleanse the chaos. Burna will learn that there are no shadows that can hide from my light.”

Celeste finishes as Stacey and Leon slowly transition the interview over to the world champion…

Celeste looks on as Steven begins to answer the different questions thrown at him. She continues to smile as to put on a façade, to mask the doubt that was slowly beginning to form in the back of her psyche once again.

It is a tense time as Kingdom Come draws nearer: I'm not particularly referring to the excitement, anticipation and nerve-racking sensations you get as a competitor but the amount of time all wrestlers who have made the card spend promoting the event during interviews, press-conferences and commercials on both the box and the transmitter. Although my previous career aided me in being able to deal with all types of stress, this is something I'm not really used to. Being in the main event of the biggest show of the entire calendar does take its toll and every spare moment I have is spent making sure all the media outlets have the correct information.

At least now I can relax and stretch as I sit here in this room nodding as Leon Kensworth and Stacey Madison interview the one person who appears to be by my side for the entire take-down of the Chaos: Celeste Crimson. I've always questioned her motives ever since she came back and never really fully understood her. In times like these I've always backed-off from people I didn't trust but this specimen was one of a kind: an intriguing individual who deeply interests me. Not in the kind of way that most people would expect... the sexual interest... but from a psychologists point of view: wanting to see what makes someone like this tick. This is mainly the reason why I've set up a few of our interviews to be mashed together so I can gather her thoughts without me doing any of the talking... and a big plus being that we are tag team partners. It gives me all the notes in the world to compile an analysis of her but for now, I'm going off my primal instinct in trusting such a passionate person.

Celeste looks over to me as the questions directed at her are finished so I stop the senseless nodding I've been doing to distracted anyone that I've been deep thought. I adjust myself as Stacey, a woman who has always loved the thrill of challenging my intellect, chuckles once more. I see Leon do nothing but look at his interviewing partner with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm sorry to laugh or to belittle you Celeste but I find it rather amusing that you are taking such a stance against Ty Burna whilst Kurtesy over here wants to make sure the Chaos as a whole is dealt with, yet your Kingdom Come opponents don't correspond with your goals. Are you two planning to switch matches or are there underlying components to this?"

A formidable question: such as what I'd expect Stacey to throw our way during every interview, trying to catch either one of us out and make us look like we have no idea what we are doing. I see Celeste go to answer but I put my finger in the air, signalling to her that this was a question I'd rather answer.

"Well, my lady, there are definitely underlying components to this and it is very simple to understand: we want the same results when the dust settles. Celeste and I want Kingdom Come to be the final stand of the Chaos with WZCW being the victors. We both want to make sure that Ty Burna knows that if he wishes to anything like this again, there will be an army of us willing to take him down. Isn't this the sort of behaviour and mental state that two people who are partnering up should be having if they wish to achieve the same goals?"

The once amused look on Stacey's face slowly turned quite sour during my short, precise answer. I had gotten through her question and slapped her back in the face with one that questions her ability as an interviewer. I smirk a little, adding the insult to the verbal injury.

"Last time I checked Steven we were the interviewers: we ask the questions."

The last line of defense for an interviewer.

"Talking about the match itself, there are a lot of implications that come with competing in this particular contest. From the stance I've seen, you two could be dubbed the 'leaders' of this rebellion against the Chaos, putting you guys are the top of the food chain. The two of you will be taking on Ty Burna and Chris K.O., who on the opposite side of the spectrum and are as high up as the both of you. For whoever wins this match gains the momentum necessary to fire up the troops on either side and for those that gain the lose, will need to step back to the drawing board. However, there is more at stake if the two of you lose because you are considered the best candidates in the entire company to take down the Chaos. How do you combat this sort of mindset?"

Not bad for a bounce-back type of question: well-thought out and requires a specific answer. I smile, showing to Stacey that I am glad in sharing it.

"To be perfectly honest, I certainly haven't thought about losing this tag team match on Meltdown. I don't even think we are capable of losing because, as you said, we run the risk of taking many steps backwards: time we don't have to re-trace to get back to this position. We only learned of Everest's & Gordito's addition to our cause last week and how long have the Chaos being running rampant? Any other person who could of use to us Ty has distracted in some fashion: Barbosa, Showtime, Dragon... all men who are dangerous and could be utilised in this battle but too busy dealing with their own problems. With people like Titus on the ropes about whether to join or not, we can't afford to lose. So that leaves us with one choice: to win."

The look on Stacey's face could be considered priceless if I was a troll as I completely bypassed the question with a simple answer. She'll be looking to go in for the kill. However, I didn't expect Leon to interrupt Stacey and ask the question I predicted she would ask:

"No need to offend you champ but your record against Ty Burna isn't healthy. You've said in the past that you will win when it comes to Ty but you came out with a loss. How can you say that you are going to win?"

I find it quite strange that Madison isn't offending by Leon butting in. She is the complete opposite: she appears to be trying to hide a smirk.

"When I'm competing solo: yes my record is terrible. I will be the first to admit this but this is a tag team match. I think you're forgetting that I am a two-time tag team champion and I have teamed with many people in the past, most of the time with people who I would have never considered my friends but we fought together for a common cause just like what Celeste and I are doing. I've teamed with Barbosa and won; Saboteur, Saxton and I formed a brief alliance to take down the Apostles; hell, Big Dave and I managed to defeat Ty Burna in a tag team match. I am confident in saying that I have the advantage as I am well-versed in tag matches so this shouldn't be much of a problem."

Celeste appears to be happy with the way I've been answering the questions just far, although it could be possible that she is in deep thought as like I was when she was answering questions.

"You might be well-equipped Kurtesy but what of Celeste. Can you trust her?"

And there it was: the question that I've been asking myself for a while and its out in the open. Normally, it would offend someone that one person asks another a question about them to their face but not directed towards them, as if we are ignoring their presence... but this is a question that it seems Celeste would love to hear the answer too. I've never known Leon to hit such hard questions to me before... then again, I do consider him a friend and we haven't had an interview in a long time so this is unexpected.

"Celeste and I have talked multiple times on the subject: we know we have established what we want to achieve and we've formed an alliance to make sure these goals are met. Whatever happens after we succeed does not matter but what we do until then we have already agreed upon. You can trust us that we will be keeping these promises until the very end."

"Such a political answer Kurtesy... I thought you were better than that? I think you should answer the question with a 'yes' or a 'no.' Which will it be?"

I take a deep breath over Stacey interrupting me, causing a look of doubt in Celeste's eyes... but only for a brief moment.

"Yes: of course I trust Celeste. I've invested my stock in questionable people before such as Doug Crashin and Steven Holmes so why shouldn't I be able to trust someone with the right vision? The both of us want WZCW to not be ensued by Chaos and to fit a form of harmony as best as a wrestling company can achieve. The actions that we've performed for each other like myself coming to the aid of Celeste with a steel chair, risking my own health to save hers as well as Celeste coming down with the rest of the team to help me after my gauntlet match... saying that I not trust her would be throwing all our efforts down the drain. We are in this together to the bitter end and I can trust Celeste that she will have my back. She will not let us down when she leads Team WZCW to victory... and I... won't let her down when I go to Kingdom Come and prevent Ty from taking this World title.

I see Leon nodding, showing that he's gotten everything he needs from this interview. A scowl on Stacey's face also tells me she's not going to get what she wants and is best if the interview ended. Celeste, however, seems to have something bothering her.

"Well that's all the time we have for this interview... thank you everyone for..."

As Leon plays us out, Stacey walks off the set. The camera feed cuts out and Leon thanks for our time, as he always does on a professional note. Celeste leaves before I do, catching up for a few seconds with Leon before I walk out after Celeste. I exit the room and see her standing there, waiting for me. I half expected her to walk away but it seems she has something to ask me.

"You didn't seem confident in there when you said you were going to 'prevent Ty from taking the title'. Anything I should know about?"

And here I thought the interview was over... but considering this isn't formal, I smile at her and place a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm taking this one step at a time. Let's focus on causing trouble for Ty and his bitches before we put our attention towards Kingdom Come. It's been a long time since Ty's had his own personal hell... let's give it to him."

Celeste grins widely at the last line of my statement. It seems like I've eliminated any doubt in her head. Good: because I've eliminated doubt in mine. The two of us shake hands firmly before we part our own ways, going in our own directions: the same thing that will happen once we finally rid of the Chaos from WZCW.

*The scene opens to a rather decked out office. There are no candles lighting it, rather more traditional lights in the ceiling illuminate the room nicely. Dark oak shelving and furniture adorn the room, a dark red carpeting lying underneath the wood. At the back of the office a large heavy desk sits, along with a leather chair. The occupant of the chair has his back turned towards the camera, but it is clear it is not the subject of this video feed. The camera suddenly turns as a loud thud can be heard from behind it, revealing a younger looking Ty Burna dressed in a black tee, baggy blue jeans, and a backwards fitted cap. As he walks up towards the desk, one would be able to see the scowl on Ty's face, though rather then the glowing red eyes one would be accustomed to, his eyes remain only narrowed, the emerald green irises piercing through the man in the chair in front of him. Ty stops in front of the desk, his hand in his pocket as he stares a hole through the chair.*

Ty: You think this is funny? I got word from your personal bitch Eide, now tell me what is the meaning of this? You're increasing our monthly bill? You know damn well me and Ant are already out there putting in more work then the rest of your chump crew. We sell more then you can even keep in stock for us! So what the hell gives you the right to pull this type of shit?

*The chair doesn't move, though an audible chuckle can be heard. Slowly the chair moves, revealing the gang boss Eide sitting there, a large lit cigar in his right hand. He is dressed in a standard three piece suit, his jet black hair slicked back. He takes a puff from his cigar before intentionally exhaling it right into Ty's face. Ty doesn't move however, but it has clearly incensed him.

Ty: Answer me damn it!

Eide: Impatient as always Mr. Blades. You see, while you and Anthony do sell the most product, it has become quite clear that you have an unfair advantage over the rest of the gang. Not only this but you seem to be becoming more and more comfortable financially every day Tyrone. So tell me, where is the extra money coming from?

*Ty suddenly freezes, a flash of panic forming on his face before he regroups and shakes his head. He goes to speak but Eide waves his hand for him to be silent. Eide leans forward onto the desk, taking another drag from the cigar before clasping his hands together as his elbows rest on the desk.*

Eide: It is clear Mr. Blades that you are not being completely honest with me. Did you honestly believe I wouldn't have my "chumps" as you put it scouting your methods? You cut up my product and sell twice as much as I give you, pocketing the extra for yourselves. Let me be clear Tyrone, this will not be tolerated, so you have a choice, pay the higher fee or fall in line like the good little bitch you are. Do you understand me.

*A smirk forms on Eide's face as Ty's head lowers to his chest. He grits his teeth as he tries to contain his anger towards the benefactor sitting in front of him. Trapped between struggling for money either which way, he turns and begins walking away. He reaches the door and stops, turning towards Eide one last time*

Ty: I'll play it by your rules for now Eide. I'll expect the next shipment tomorrow.

Eide: No.

Ty: What?!

Eide: You need to suffer for this Blades. You and Anthony are off the streets for a week. And so help you if you go to another supplier, it won't be just your money I'll bleed out of you.

*Ty and Eide stare each other down for a few moments before Ty turns and exits the office. The scene fades away and then back into the current day at the same office, only now the traditional lights have been replaced by candles in the corner and a large candelabra hanging from the ceiling. Where the younger Ty exited, now enters the Harbinger of Chaos' protege Chris K.O. He makes the same trek towards the desk, the same leather chair turned away from the camera. The chair turns around immediately this time, revealing the general manager of Meltdown. As he sees his protege make his way towards the desk, a grin forms on Ty's face as he folds his hands in his lap as he tosses his legs up onto the desk.*

Ty: Are you enjoying yourself Chris?

*Chris stops dead in his tracks, just a few steps away from the desk. His eyes avert down for a moment before looking back up at the leader of the Apostles. Ty stares directly towards Chris, his eyes glowing red suddenly as he studies his young charge.*

Chris: Of...of course Ty. Your generosity towards myself and the rest of the Apostles cannot be understated.

Ty: That is not what I meant Christopher.

*Ty stands from his chair and clasps his hands behind his back as he slowly paces back and forth behind the desk. Chris' eyes follow him from side to side. He seems to be in a perpetual state of holding his breath as he tries to study the Harbinger in a similar fashion.*

Ty: You know how I came about the empire you have no doubt seen around you Chris? Did you believe me to simply fall into this money or that I earned enough as World Champion to buy Meltdown?

Chris: To be honest Ty I have no idea how you've attained this type of money. You must have worked hard to be able to pamper yourself with such wealth.

Ty: Money is not something one uses to pamper as you put it Chris. It is merely a resource that is a necessary evil.

Chris: But surely you enjoy the comforts it brings you.

*Ty stops pacing behind his desk, stopping right in front of his replica belts of the Eurasian, Mayhem, and of course the prize he seeks at Kingdom Come, the WZCW World Heavyweight Title. Each title has their own shelf, a protective glass covering each one. He reaches up and runs his fingers along the glass in front of the World Title, his eyes would light up if they weren't already glowing red.*

Ty: Money is nothing but the materialistic nonsense this society believes it needs. Rather than promote people into going after their own goals, they fall into the absurd monotonous standard society has placed forward for them when they eventually trip and fail at their goal. Money is only a resource I saw as necessary unfortunately. While I do not believe in the virtue of money, it is the language such as Vance Bateman and Chuck Myles speak, so thus I acquired this resource in order to put into place the plan you see unfolding in front of you. The very thing that brings this world into order, will be the very thing that prompted it's fall into the grips of Chaos! To use their own god against them, it will prove that no matter what they believe, it can be twisted and contorted to my will. Don't you agree Chris?

*Ty gazes over his shoulder at the still landlocked Chris. Ty flashes an evil grin as Chris gravely nods. Chris nervously rubs his hands together as he turns away and begins looking towards the books aligned on the bookshelf near him. Ty watches him intently before turning back to his replica belts, and begins speaking once more.*

Ty: I have seen what money can do to greedy people Chris. This very office you stand in, I watched as a man dropped to his knees, begging and pleading for his life. It was because of his need for money that led to his downfall. It was the downfall of so many......including myself.

*Chris looks up from the bookshelf towards Ty as he suddenly goes into a trance like state, his eyes fixated on the World Title, his body completely still, barely a trace of him even breathing. Chris' eyes look a bit flustered by this this personal admittance from the Harbinger.*

Chris: What....what do you mean Ty? I know you've allowed past glimpses of your past, but you have always spoke of it as riddles.

Ty: My past is what will ultimately define who I am Chris. No matter what I do in the name of Chaos, that what remains human inside me still resides there. It was that human side of me that was weak, just as the likes of Steven Kurtesy and Celeste Crimson are weak. They pine for my destruction, it has become their obsession just as Mr. Eide's was for money, just as it was for..........

*Ty suddenly tails off as he turns towards Chris, his eyes solidly fixated on him. The camera looks towards Chris, and suddenly a black and white photo of Ty's old friend Ant flashes on the screen, a similar look on his face as the one on Chris'. Chris looks on confused.*

Chris: Who is Mr. Eide? Ty? Can you hear me?

*A revelation, or perhaps a mere understanding of the situation, either way Ty's jaw drops briefly as whatever though entered his head suddenly sinks in. He shakes his head. He turns away from Chris and shakes his head, closing his eyes and leaning his forehead against the glass case.*

Ty: Leave Chris. I need time to contemplate what matches we will have on Meltdown. I will summon for you when I am ready.

*Chris looks ready to plead against such an order but he decides not to bring more dismay from the Master of the Ouija. He nods his head and exits, closing the door behind him, leaving Ty in the dimly lit room. He remains statuesque, his mind moving from memory to memory, each painful moment of the fateful night that transformed into what he has become runs through his head. He suddenly snaps up from the glass case, his eyes opening quickly as he stares at the WZCW World Heavyweight Title.*

Ty: Can it all be so simple Anthony? History has a tendency to repeat itself doesn't it? Perhaps what Eide didn't believe I had the capability of doing, young Christopher has.

*Ty looks towards the closed door, his eyes moving back and forth as if analyzing something on the door. He reaches up and grabs his hair, his brief moment of sanity suddenly depreciating into the madness akin to the Harbinger.*

Ty: No! It can't be! He has prove himself loyal! But what if it were a ploy? No, I would notice far more evidence then his simple mental affair with Celeste, a connection I can sever quite easily.

*Ty snaps his head up as he looks up at the ceiling for a moment before retreating to his desk and chair. He sits down and leans forward, clasping his hands eerily similar to the previous owner's manner. An almost hysterical laughter escapes Ty as he throws his head back, the outpouring of thoughts completely absorbing him into the madness clouding his brain.*

Ty: How foolish of me! It matters not if he wishes to take over! It is what I intended for him so long ago anyways! As he takes the mantle of the King of Darkness, I, the Harbinger of Chaos will cut the swaths of enemies to the reign of Chaos!

*He brings his head forward, the hysterics suddenly gone, a more focused and sinister look forming on his face*

Ty: It is decided then. I will take my protege into war with the leaders of the "resistance". Steven Kurtesy and Celeste Crimson, the two people who have had any sort of effect on the Apostles and young Chris. It is time to squash that flicker of faint hope in their eyes. They see Chris as the gun that will suddenly turn towards my own head. What they fail to see is that he is my trump card, the one person that will lead my Apostles into glorious battle at Kingdom Come! I will allow him to show the world just exactly what he is capable of, and as his heart hardens while tearing Celeste's shoulder out of its socket, I will be watching on as the catalyst to this perfect warrior, of course while I am choking the life from Kurtesy's soul. Just as we destroyed them the past two rounds, so too will this round belong to the very Chaos they oppose!

*The door suddenly opens and Serafina slips into the office. Ty looks up at her and yells from across the room.*

Ty: Serafina!

*Serafina suddenly winces, not prepared for the yelling coming from her master.*

Serafina: Y....yes master?

Ty: Go fetch young Chris. I have decided on what we will do for Meltdown.

Serafina: Yes master.

*Serafina turns and begins exiting before turning towards Ty once more. A black and white shot of Serafina as her younger self Arianna flashes on screen once more, leaving Ty with a shell shocked look on his face. As the door closes Ty leans back into his chair, his head in his hands.*

Ty: I left that life behind me. The life that left me destitute and almost dead in the street every day. I now own WZCW, I lead the strongest group in WZCW history, and soon I will be WZCW World Heavyweight Champion. Why then, do you still torment me so?!

*Ty suddenly stands and slams his fist into the glass case holding the WZCW World Title replica. The glass cracks, small fragments of glass embedding into his hand as he stares at the replica belt once more. A knock at the door can be heard and Ty withdraws a handkerchief from his pocket and quickly wipes away the glass and blood from his hand as he takes his seat at the desk. As Chris and Serafina walk in the scene fades away.*

"So it begins.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien

A loading bar appears on the middle of a projector screen. We have now returned to the skybox from once before as we switch to a first-person point-of-view from the camera man. He looks back and slowly follows Chris back to his seat. Chris is still sporting his white dress shirt, with rolled up sleeves, and a pair of black slacks. He falls back into his chair and looks over at the camera man.

Chris: Alright, disc two is ready to go!

The camera nods and then turns to the scre---

Chris: Wait a minute! There is a time gap that I need to explain before we continue.

The camera turns back towards Chris.

Chris: Last time we left off was before Ascension 46. There, I met up against Professor Steven Kurtesy in a gauntlet match with my fellow Apostles. The final shot we got was Ian and I heading towards the heart of Ty’s empire. Unfortunately, the trip was detoured due to an emergency meeting called by Ty, and we had to delay the excursion until after the shows.

So, I went on and won the match for the Apostles. It re-increased the stock that Ty had placed in me. So much that he spurred up a brilliant idea for the next set of shows.

Chris raises up his arm and presses a button on the remote, which is casually resting in his hand. The footage on the screen begins to play.

The footage begins with a shot of Chris sitting down inside of a study. A calm and cautious stare covers his face. A large dark-faded wooden desk sits in front of him as he peers over it. The room is lit only by torches that hang on the wall. A trophy head of a wolf glows beautifully in the auburn hue.

The camera pans from Chris to the other side of the table. Ty has his hands tucked under his chin as he beams towards Chris’ direction. Chris notices that Ty has handkerchief wrapped tightly around one of his hands. Crimson is seeping through the makeshift bandage. The blood matches his glowing eyes. Behind him, slightly to the side. Serafina is standing with her head down.

Ty: Chris.

Ty’s lips gap and a string of ivory teeth glow in the musty room.

Ty: I must admit that you had me worried this past month. Who could blame me? Three missed title opportunities and a rather testy bite have been all that you have offered me. However, what you did on Ascension 46 makes all such queries forgivable.

A faint scream can be heard as Ty’s smile turns sour.

Ty: Serafina! What did I tell you about subduing our guest?!

Serafina nods in hope of receiving mercy as she hurries out the room, but she accidently knocks off a small gargoyle sculpture that was resting on the desk.

Ty: Pick it up!

Serafina nervously reaches down to grab the sculpture, but stops whenever her hand lands on top of Chris’. It was barely a glance, but for a moment, Chris and Serafina locked eyes for the first time since Chris’ revelation. He quickly raises the sculpture to the desk as Serafina continues to exit the room. Ty continues on as if the moment had never happened.

Ty: A spirit is a strong thing Chris. Steven Kurtesy has spirit. On Ascension 46, you damaged that spirit; you damaged his strongest asset. This is the second time that you have bested the professor, and I think I may have overlooked your skills. You seem to have an unusual edge over the man. You seem to have the ability to consistently crush his spirit.

Chris: What are you getting at?

Ty: I am saying that I want to use you at Meltdown 72. I want you to join me against Steven Kurtesy.

Chris: In a handicap match?

Ty: Well, I suppose we should give him someone in the match, shouldn’t we?

Ty stands up from his seat and walks around the desk and behind Chris.

Ty: How about… Celeste Crimson?

A cold sweat breaks down the back of Chris’ neck.

Ty: She has been a problem ever since her arrival. For some reason, you seem to have some kind of mental complex towards her. I suggest that this time around you do not let your hormones get in the way Chris.

Ty gets in Chris’ face.

Ty: Are we clear?

Chris pauses for a moment as he examines the dead face that Ty wares on his head. Chris ponders the thought of just snapping Ty’s neck right now, but he restrains with a swallow.

Chris: Crystal.

Ty: Good. That is all.

Ty smiles as he backs away from Chris and begins to exit the room. Chris stares down at the small gargoyle sculpture as the scene transitions.

We see Chris and Ian sitting inside of a private plane as it coasts through the midnight air. Chris is turning a pencil between the gaps in his fingers as he watches Ian a few feet away from him. Ian has a newspaper spread out in front of him as he studies each article with an analytical stare.

They have been on the plane for hours and Chris can’t seem to find any interest in reading the books that he brought, nor mentally preparing for his upcoming tag team match. Instead, he is fantasizing about where Ian is leading him too; the heart of Ty’s empire.

Chris begins to imagine a large castle made up of shining onyx stone. Red lines trim the edges of the walls and doors. Medieval paintings shower the walls as a red carpet leads the entrant into the center of the majestic castle. A room full of gold coins and chalices. Treasure chests and bags of money flood the floor with a single pillar of stone resting in the middle. On top of the stone is a small scarlet box that is trimmed in gold.

A beating; a beating can be heard. The sound of thumping wood echoes off of every piece of gold in the room as the entrant draws closer to the box. The box opens slowly and a radiant purple light escapes from within. There it is! The heart. The heart of Ty Burna! Lying inside his castle. The source of all his wealth. If only Chris could get a hold of it and squeeze it!

Ian: Chris!

We return to the plane and Chris jerks out of his sleepy state. He looks around the plane and then up at Ian.

Ian: We are here.

Ian doesn’t give Chris time to respond before he begins to walk down the isle and towards the door. Chris rubs the sleep off of his face and proceeds to follow him.

The scene transitions and we are now seeing Chris walking a few paces behind Ian down an unfamiliar street. The sound of bustling traffic and a crying baby fills the air. Chris begins to examine his own set of clothes, his normal red leather jacket and jeans combo, and then looks at Ian, who is dressed in a black suit and tie.

Chris: You might get mugged walking through a place like this when you are dressed like that Ian.

Ian gives a small, what appears to be, laugh. Chris realizes that he may have just heard Ian laugh for the first time in his life. Chris smiles at his own silly thought as he continues to follow Ian. He examines the littered grass and road that choke the street. Each house that they walk by is crying for a spot on Extreme Home-Makeover. They have been walking for several minutes, but the setting finally strikes Chris as something queer.

Chris: Mind telling me why we are taking a route like this?

Ian: To get where we need to be.

Chris: Which is?

Ian: The heart of Ty’s empire.

Chris once again examines the broken down neighborhood that they are walking through.

Chris: Could we not have taken a cab or bus?

Ian: Sure, if you can find someone willing to risk their life driving down this street.

Chris is mentally prepared to take down an evil tyrant, but Ian’s comment begins to make him a little nervous.

Chris: Where exactly are we?

We get a close up of Ian as he pushes his glasses up on his face.

Ian: Ty’s heart.

We transition to an aerial shot of a ghetto neighborhood. Gun shots can be heard as smoke vapors rise out from random buildings. Traffic sounds hog the airwaves as police sirens begin to go off. The scene transitions back to Ian and Chris as they stop on the sidewalk.

Ian: There.

Ian points across the street and Chris looks towards the direction. A well-kept house is standing between two aged ones. A tall iron fence surrounds the fresh looking building. Ian begins to cross the street and Chris follows along.

Chris: Wait a minute. This is it? This is the heart of Ty’s empire?

Ian: Mmhmm.

Ian steps up to a keypad that is attached to the front gate. Chris watches him as he inputs a rather tricky series of numbers. A small beep can be heard as the fence’s gate swings open. Ian and Chris enter as the gate closes behind them.

The scene transitions to a shot of Ian and Chris walking up a set of stairs inside of the house. Everything is painted white. There is no furniture or anything hanging on the wall. Just white; lots and lots of white. We cut to Ian and Chris stepping up to a door with a scanner on it.

Chris: What is in there?

Ian: Everything.

Ian reaches out his arm and knocks on the wall that the door is on. A metal clanking can be heard. Chris shoots Ian a confused look.

Ian: Steel. The house is just a ruse. A steel panic room is positioned inside the center of the house.

Ian steps up to the scanner and places his hand on it. A white line goes down the scanner and a small beep signals that the door has been unlocked. Ian pushes it open and Chris is startled to see a giant computer system on the other end of the room. Ian and Chris slowly step forward to the system. Ian begins to take his suit coat off as Chris gawks at the overwhelming mechanism. Ian spots this and smiles at Chris before sitting down at a keyboard.

Ian: Amazing, isn’t it?

Chris: What is it?

Ian: A master computer that is connected to everything that Ty knows. All of his memories, contacts, and even bank accounts.

Chris looks at Ian.

Chris: What is the plan?

Ian: We are going to drain every last thing that Ty owns.

Chris: Ian, Ty told me he doesn't care for money. How is this going to hurt him exactly?

Ian: You are right. What Ty cares about is manipulation. The only way that he can manipulate is to have money, and a lot of it.

Chris: Won't he notice if we drain his assets?

Ian: He would if I were not the one doing it. I know everything that goes in and out of Ty’s accounts. I can use that information to do my own form of manipulation. I'll change where it goes and make it seem like nothing is different.

Chris: How long will that take you?

Ian: To be honest, I am not quite sure. We are dealing with millions here.

Chris: I thought Ty put all of his money into buying half of the WZCW?

Ian: False. Do you honestly think that Ty would be foolish enough to put all of his investment in WZCW? No, WZCW is only a fraction of what Ty is worth.

Ian pushes his glasses up on his nose.

Ian: I will probably need to stay here for a good while until I can give you an accurate estimate of how long all of this will take.

Chris: What if Ty comes to check on the house?

Ian: He won’t. That is why he hired me.

Chris looks at Ian with high admiration in his eyes.

Ian: You just deal with WZCW and leave this to me.

The shot begins to zoom out as we get an image of Chris standing in front of the computer screen and Ian typing away on the keyboard. The shot transitions and we now see Chris lying in a bed. He begins to speak to an empty room.

Chris: The plan is in motion; the first act has begun, and the protagonist and antagonist were both well casted. At Meltdown 72 my body will be at ringside, but my mind will be elsewhere. As my flesh will join Ty in a fabled effort against two familiar foes; my mind will be thinking about Ian in that white room with the balance of our plan at his fingertips. Incidentally, I rested everything on him...

Alone at night and I find myself thinking about him and her. No, not him. Not Professor Steven Kurtesy, the man who I beat twice in singles competition. Not the man who I confided in before the Lethal Lottery and secretly root for at the grandest stage of them all. No, not him. I am thinking about Ty Burna.

I am thinking about my fake father who gives me misguided direction. Every action he performs is simply selfish. And now his selfish nature will be the death of him. Tunnel vision will distract him from the train that is oncoming.

And her. No, not her. Not Celeste Crimson. Not the woman that reminds me so much of my mother. Not the woman who scolds me like a bad child and causes me to repent. No, not her. I mean her…

DISC ERROR

The huge ugly red text pops up on the screen as we return to the skybox. The camera turns to look at Chris, but he is already walking away to fix the projector.

Chris: Damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back