MD68 - Titus vs. Steven Kurtesy (World Title) - Special Guest Referee: Ty Burna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
After witnessing the World Championship match from last week's Aftershock Insanity end with a double-pin draw, the newly appointed General Manager of Meltdown has declared that a rematch must take place on his inaugural show between the two combatants who fought for the title: Titus and Steven Kurtesy. He has also appointed himself the referee for the match so a proper decision will be made. Can we trust in Ty to uphold integrity to his program and the Title or will he sabotage the match in favor of the Chaos? And will Titus keep hold of his title or will the game of hot potato continue with Kurtesy finally winning the gold?

Deadline is Tuesday, January 24th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

*Ding*

Electronic metal doors of an elevator slowly open with a stiff sound on the 7th floor, indicated by the old floor meter next to the elevator's buttons. As the doors fully extend out, Stacey Madison steps out cautiously in her extensively high heel shoes onto the thin carpet as if the floor was going to break. She continues to walk slowly towards a door at the end of the hall, not wanting to damage her shoes or the high class of casual fashion she is wearing. When she reaches the door of number 12, she hesitates for a moment to decide whether she should knock on the door after her professional manicure. Her dilemma doesn't last too long as she notices that the front door is unlocked and slightly opened. She gently pushes the door to swing inwards, revealing the apartment that dwells within.

Despite the lack of maintenance shown throughout the building, the apartment is almost a shock to Stacey at how well-presented it is. The oak floorboards mixed with a plush, soft blue carpet, complimented by the light white paint of the walls that aren't replaced by lengthy glass windows with a breath-taking view. Even the decorations inside are comforting with beautiful paintings, extensive indoor foliage and other miscellaneous items. The entire package is garnished with natural music playing in the background, giving off a peaceful vibe. A smile almost crosses the face of Stacey Madison until she sees (and remembers that this apartment belongs to) Professor Steven Kurtesy, who has exited his bedroom down the hall in very baggy yet stylish clothes. He greets her with a smile that she was going to give to the decorations but she gives him an expressionless face, showing how much she cares about this visit.

Welcome to my humble abode, Stace.

She takes another glance around the place to make sure what she's seeing is real.

When this interview got organised a week ago, which by the way I am not particularly happy about, did you spruce the place up to try and impress me?

Steven's smile grows wider.

Why Stace... you flatter me. Have you ever known for me to go out of my way to impress you? Anyway, I've had this place designed like this ever since I bought this for an absolute bargain: following the "rules" of Feng Shui. You can ask Saboteur and Saxton for proof... although I doubt they'd remember the details of this place. Seemed very hazy to try and describe my apartment then... oh, look at me, I'm babbling again. Please, take a seat.

Steven points the way to Stacey who has almost made her way over to the lounge room due to her interest in how the apartment is set-up. As she takes a seat, Steven offers her a beverage which she instantly declines.

This doesn't seem like the place you'd be living in. I would have assumed this is a place that your girlfriend Sandy would be living in before assuming it was yours... and that's a big assumption considering some of her hobbies.

Steven laughs at the statement whilst Stacey remains, as usual, unamused by his laughing.

Life is full of surprises, isn't it? You have to expect the unexpected. I'm actually quite surprised that you didn't pick up on the whole spiritual vibe thing yet that I've been going for and expected my place to look like this.

Stacey snickers.

You also didn't expect to be facing the World champion last week during the Roulette rounds neither... and look where that little surprise got you.

Apart from the fact that it got me a rematch for this week?

Stacey remains to be expressionless as Kurtesy tries to light-heartedly pass off the accusation.

I always believed that sayings like "life equals surprises" and such were a bit too clichéd for my tastes, about as recent as the Roulette rounds actually. I trained enough to be prepared for a singles match or a Lottery qualifier... hell, maybe even a title match against my old buddy Holmes. When I saw that I drew the World Title match, I was a little uneasy because I wasn't ready for that type of contest. I know anything can happen during the Roulette but imagining something like this was insane to me. The only time that'd ever happen to me is if I was the one drawing the Lottery and rigged the cards myself.

Steven slowly turns to the camera smiling before switching back. Stacey, obviously confused, does not know how to react.

But the mystery rounds made a believer out of me... considering its that time of the year.

For the first time in a long time, a smirk comes across the face of Steven. Intrigued, Stacey presses the issue.

Yeah, it's the Lottery. What'd you expect?

Yes but I wasn't referring to that specifically. There is a whole reason why I set up the Feng Shui in my apartment and I'm now treading lightly everywhere I go because the "Steven Superstition" is in effect.

Stacey raises an eyebrow.

You can't be serious? You gave it a name as well as stroking your own ego?

Call it what you will but this is the time of year where a series of events occur and they have all had the same outcome. I achieved it last year and the year before around the Lottery period. Essentially, a few things have happened:

Stacey is looking very skeptical at this point.

The last two years, I was not involved in the Lethal Lottery match. Why? It was due to me holding a championship heading into the event and competing in a title match, preventing me from entering into the Lottery. Last year, I was the tag team champion defending my titles. The year before I was the tag team champion as a potential candidate in the EurAsian title match. If these points prove true, then this year I should be missing the Lottery once more due to me holding the World title and defending it at the PPV.

So let me get this straight? You are holding all your eggs in the one basket by relying on superstition to win you the World Championship? I know I have been a harsh critic on people but to assume this is just plain idiotic.

Steven laughs.

I can't believe that you thought I was basing my entire hypothesis on some superstition. I hope you realize that I was merely analyzing things from a probability perspective. I could also tell you that every World title match that I've had has involved Ty Burna in some way, shape or form... even if he wasn't in the match. I don't know why but I just seem to shake that man off me. He's been following me ever since I got my first World title shot. I'm surprised we haven't even had a decent string of matches yet. However, I'm keeping an eye on him because I have no clue what his mindset is at.

Stacey lets out a loud short laugh.

The master of psychology... not knowing what another's mindset is. Wow, you really have fallen down the ladder.

Every time I assume what runs through the head of Ty, the complete opposite happens. I have an idea of what he could be thinking but I'd rather be a river and go with the flow on this one: seeing what will happen. We all know that he wants his title back but I'm not sure who he'd rather defeat for the belt. I don't know if he'll call the match in my favor because he knows he can defeat me or in the favor of Titus because I've been a thorn in his side with the Chaos and he wants to humiliate me.

Have you thought about him calling it straight down the middle because he is the General Manager of Meltdown.

Steven ponders for a short moment.

He could even do that to... the possibilities are endless Stace so I'm going to pretend that he is a normal referee so I can focus on Titus, although keeping an eye out for him couldn't hurt.

It is a World title match: you should be keeping all eyes out for Titus. He finally "regained his title" as he says after how long? Couple that with the hot potato going around with that belt, he's going to do everything he can to keep that championship on him.

Steven looks a bit confused.

What, Titus? He's a man of integrity and wouldn't resort to cheating like that.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He did cause the both of you to fall off the turnbuckle, sacrificing himself to keep the title in the process because he knew he couldn't beat you.

Steven laughs.

I don't know what mind-games you're trying to play but they will never work on me Stace, I'm a master of psychology as you said yourself. While I may not know Titus personally, I know that he is an upstanding individual who I respect and trust to put on a clean cut performance to entertain the crowd whilst still being competitive. He is one of the best in the business and there is no way he would turn to underhanded tactics to win a match. We may have had a little fight on that Twitter account thing that could have surfaced during our last encounter but nothing happened... and since when has an argument on the internet counted for anything? Titus and I are essentially the same person. We are men stemming from backgrounds that are known to have an influence in professional wrestling and we both decided that was enough to warrant us a chance at the big leagues. We fought hard and we fought well despite all the critics saying we wouldn't make it, and we made it. Titus is now considered to be a legend and future Hall of Famer in this business whilst my legacy has only scratched the surface of what I could achieve. Neither of us are going to sully our good names just over some title: that's not how the World title should be treated.

I could ramble on and on about all the different factors going into this match Stace but I can definitely guarantee you this: I'd love to be the World champion and with the chance of attaining it outside of a caged environment, I'm going into this match with the best game I've got. It may or may not be good enough but at least I know that I am giving my all and the performance I give will be enough to give the fans the showdown of a lifetime and the respect from everyone for doing my best. If I win the match, I finally become the World champ and I will be celebrating harder than winning my debut match for the tag titles. If I don't, I'll just have to get myself a spot in the Lottery or the King for a Day elimination chamber and try again. The outcome is not necessarily something that has to be set in stone like defeating the Apostles at All or Nothing, so whatever happens, happens... I just hope Ty upholds his part of the deal and remains an unbiased referee and that Titus comes at me with his guns blazing as well. I'd be thoroughly disappointed if he gave up on me during this match because I'd like to have my first World title win to be after a hard-fought battle.

Stace stops looking at her watch and looks at Steven when he finishes, so he doesn't see that she was checking the time.

So basically you just want to have a good match: winning the title isn't what you want? What type of competitor are you? Everyone wants to win the World title no matter what... a lot of guys would kill to get in your position, especially after it was decided due to a random draw.

Steven shakes his head and laughs at Stacey.

You are quite persistent, aren't you? I agree with everything you said and to be honest, I am grateful of receiving this once in a lifetime opportunity and managing to find myself getting a second chance to boot. Don't get me wrong, I'm not wasting this opportunity. Titus is going to meet his match, don't you worry about that... but I'm not going to put the weight of the world on my shoulders at the first sign of trouble. I'm going to take this World title match one step at a time because slow and steady always wins the race.

Steven smiles at Stacey, who has had enough of Steven's words and gets up from his couch.

Well, I got everything I needed. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a date to attend.

She does not wave goodbye as she heads to the door and exits the apartment. Steven shakes his head and laughs once more before sitting on the floor and getting into a meditative position and closing his eyes.

"Titus Avison gets it together"

It came out of nowhere, or so it seemed, a sudden burst of adrenaline rushed through his body. He gave a swift elbow to the head of his foe and there was only one thing that was coming next. A giant leap with an inch perfect twist and another elbow landed, some would call it perfection although most would call it the Red Comet. To say a rapturous applause had broken out would play down the situation, this was sheer delirium and there was only one man in that building who was not on his feet: Barbosa the now former WZCW champion who looked on utter dismay. Could a former champion become a former former champion? Could he be a present champion? Well it happened that day.

A heroes welcome was prepared for him as he returned to his adopted home in the state of Kansas and a City called Keystone. In what was one of the loudest homecomings for any star in any sport the hero addressed his fans and was rudely interrupted. One could only imagine what he thought during those brief seconds as Ascension truly became anarchy. Would Barbosa have survived another Red Comet? We would never find out due to a man they called Burna.

To understand this one must travel back in time to when Titus last held the title. His reign was something that would not go down in the history books, but the manner in which he won it would. I'm sure you know the story of how he defeat many others to win a chance at Kingdom Come and how he went on to climb the proverbial mountain by defeating his on off frenemy. What does that have to do with the one they call Burna? Once Titus had a chance to show he was better than the rest but Ty saw this as a chance to get some vengeance and caused Titus to lose the belt. Within a month Ty was champion and Titus was no more.

That would be a sad story to say the least, and we now know that he came back and as we've seem through the previous volumes he has made amends. Defeating John Constantine was no mean task but defeating Baez caused him to lose his mask. Barbosa makes it three or four or five depending on who you ask but for Titus his list was ending fast.

Who else is on the list you may ask yourself well think back and all will be revealed. For first off is Big Dave Ball who has a history with Titus and rights to be wronged, he's currently in a hospital bed with his friend Ace so for Titus to take him down would be a bit of a disgrace. Now Showtime made Titus tap before he won the gold, but Cougar's focus was not on Titus. It all comes back to the one they call Burna.

Insanity is what happens when you lose all sense of reality but for our hero this definitely happened. How can one prepare for a match when they don't know who they will face? It had never given Titus a sense of unease before but deep down his fear of failure was evident so clear. It would be against Kurtesy the man who had made his name known all across the world, it would either be a win or a loss he thought as he went out there. A match of the ages were had but it ended in a draw, and the one they call Burna demanded a rematch on Meltdown and so Titus knows who's next on his list.

Waco, Texas is known by many as the site of a mass cult suicide in the early nineties, but it is also the home of Dr Pepper. Titus found himself in Waco on a quest to find the headquarters and it wasn't too hard to miss as he approached the door to ask for some advice. Titus entered and walked through a lonely corridor, there were signs dotted everywhere and they read in that distinctive font “what's the worst that can happen?” He quickly found out when he got to the end of the corridor to find that Dr Pepper isn't a real doctor but just a clever marketing ploy and that his quest to find information on how to beat a good doctor was pointless as Kurtesy was now a Professor.

To stop this story developing off track and missing the point completely Titus eventually found himself in a laboratory in a small village in England. The village was called Weetabix and the man in front of him? Professor Weeto. Whilst known in the UK as the face of yummy chocolate cereal the man behind the face is a genius in action. He used to wrestle in the UK indy scene and famously body slammed Big Faddy through the ring. His advice was short to Titus and it was just to be himself. Titus thought that was a wasted journey and wished he had have just called instead, but the glint on the face of the man with white hair gave him a sense of belief.

Titus spent the next week in the gym delivering some wonderful training. He climbed the ropes using only one hand, he ran through circular things on the ground until he was tired, he fought a grizzly bear. His body and mind was in shape to defeat the professor but Titus was more concerned with Chaos brewing.

A Professor and Chaos in the same ring? Titus thought back to the words once spoken by the greatest super villain the world has ever seen “sleep for now, tomorrow chaos begins” and those words reverberated around the cranium of the champion. How do you stop chaos? How do you stop a professor when chaos is in charge? That's easy you just...

Titus: And that's all I've got so far.

Madison: I've heard better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo