MD68 - Barbosa and Wasabi Toyota vs. Action Saxton and Saboteur (LL Qualifier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
An interesting match that the new GM Ty Burna has set up for his first show with two old rivals teaming up in the form of Wasabi Toyota and Barbosa to take on the fan favourites of Saboteur and Action Saxton, with an intriguing Lethal Lottery qualifying stipulation to boot. Barbosa is in the position to prevent Toyota from gaining entry into the Lottery, someone who he fought relentlessly over the King for a Day briefcase. Will Toyota not make it to the Lottery by way of Barbosa's antics or will the big man continue with the aggressive side he showcased against Matt Tastic in last week's strap match? One has to ask as well, will Saboteur bring the penguin cavalry once more or cleanly take out his opponents with Saxton?

If Toyota and Barbosa wins, Toyota qualifies for the Lethal Lottery. If Saxton and Saboteur win, Saboteur qualifies for the Lethal Lottery.

Deadline is Tuesday, January 24th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

*Barbosa sits alone in a darkened room. Nothing else is visible bar the former world champion, who is bent over with his fingers interlaced under his chin, clearly in a pensive state of mind.*

I have always had the in-ring talent, the strategic know-how and the ability to make people underestimate me but until recently, I have been rudderless, directionless, lost in a cacophonic Bermuda Triangle where so many voices drown out the correct course of action; all to willing to let unwanted distractions take me away from my goals.

My tag partner for Meltdown is a perfect example of not following a good plan through to its fruition. Weeks, even months, of encouraging Wasabi Toyota to unleash the beast bottled up inside him and yet once that had shown signs of bearing fruit, I walked away from that goal as quickly as Toyota walked away from the light. The mastodon could have proven extremely useful ally in keeping the championship gold around my waist.

Was all that time spent with Hunter Kravinoff really all about psychological intrigue and gaining an edge in the race to become King For A Day and ultimately WZCW Champion or was 509 viewings of some insignificant film about swans the ultimate waste of time?

I could not even agree with myself about cashing in the King For A Day briefcase. Despite the short term success in winning the world title that night and even though I knew that it was not the right time, I talked myself out of the sound reasoning that winning the title would mean having to defend it in an unpredicatble multi-man match the following week, convincing myself that one Doppelgänger would be enough to retain. How can one person be so simultaneously wrong and yet so right?

But that mistake has proven to be a blessing in disguise, allowing me to chart a path through that cacophonic chaos, to sweep aside all distractions and all delusions and focus on the one goal of regaining what was oh so briefly mine and rest assured, I will do whatever it takes to taste the gold again.

Even if it means cultivating a working relationship with Ty Burna. The new general manager of Meltdown could show me the way through the chaotic landscape back to the promised land of the WZCW World Heavyweight Title. I thrive in Chaos.

However, I am not fooled by the new General Manager. There is no altruism in Ty Burna. Our tag match with Black Dragon and Chris KO was proof positive of Ty's penchant for manipulation. Clearly, he is attempting to control me for his own ends and in all likelihood, those ends include the World Heavyweight Title.

I know how addictive being champion is and how being cut off cold turkey from its warm golden glow can have immense consequences. And my Disasterpiece of a title reign should almost be measured in hours rather than weeks and days.

Ty was champion for a whole year; 52 weeks of clasping that treasured gold to his chest; 365 days of living the highest of highs; nearly 9,000 hours of tripping Charizards on the drug that is the World Heavyweight Title, only to lose it on the anniversary of his accession. Just how desperate that has made Ty to get it back is almost impossible to fathom. Enough for him to invest a huge amount of money in buying Meltdown from Chuck Myles? Almost certainly. Perhaps his plan is for me to regain the title and then grant him a one-on-one confrontation for the title only for the Agents of Chaos to steal it…

Perhaps Wasabi Toyota's return was a good piece of timing after all…

He may not be as malleable as before, but if his return match against Matt Tastic, a massacre that gave me immense pleasure given my past run ins with the former Killjoy, was anything to go by the Matsumoto Mauler was finally going to live up to his name and brutal potential. Together once again, Barabi Toyosa would make another devastating statement on Meltdown.

That is to take nothing away from their opponents. Action Saxton and Saboteur were both capable competitors. However, as I know all too well, for all of their skills and in-ring proficiency, it is their silliness and peculiar antics that dominates and distracts them. Saxton is too busy perpetuating a tired stereotype and blaxpoitating it to charge his chick magnet. And speaking of attracting birds, Saboteur may have defeated Ty Burna but what has he done since? Breaking down walls he certainly is not. I mean penguins… really?

How long and what it might take for Action Saboteur to figure out that disappointment and ultimate defeat lie at the end of their fun-loving, double entendre-laden rainbow is anyone's guess. Perhaps Toyota and I can enlighten them somewhat…

As for the other goings on on Meltdown, Kurtsey better not win the world title. As easily as I would retake the title from that streaking Professor at Lethal Lottery, I would much rather have the pleasure of standing above Titus' broken body, holding my World Heavyweight Title, having dealt him a savage beating the likes of which has never been seen in a WCW ring.

The sheer thought of getting my hands on Titus and the golden embrace of the world title again almost made me want to giggle like a schoolgirl… Almost. The old Barbosa would have but not now. Now, I am a single-minded killing machine, hell bent destruction and chaos and that one thing on my mind is to…

*A noise breaks the concentration of the monster. He stands up from his thinking chair and turns towards the source of the disturbance. It is the Catatonic, coughing in the corner. Barbosa realises that he is once again talking to himself inside his own head. However, as he looks around the ruins of the poker room, he notices that aside from the Catatonic, there is no one else present. No arguing; no sources of mutual annoyance; no depression; no barely concealed contempt; no violent outbursts; no unfathomable idiocy.

His voice remained one. Indivisable. He truly was single-minded.

After gazing down on the broken ground in the centre of the room that concealed his past, Barbosa smiled to himself before exiting through the door, leaving the unmoved Catatonic alone to continue his coughing in the dark.*

*cough*

*cough*

*cough*

*The scene cuts to a locker room as Barbosa opens his eyes. Realising that he is back in the real world and that the time has come for his next match, Barbosa rises from his seated position, exits through to the backstage area of Meltdown 68 and walks off purposefully towards the gorilla position for his tag match. Throughout his brief journey, his thoughts linger on not just what Ty has to offer him but also…*

Barbosa: Hmmphf!

*So focused is he on plans to regain the World Heavyweight Title that Barbosa walks around a corner straight into a brick wall… or at least what he thought was a brick wall. Instead, it is his tag team partner for the night, Wasabi Toyota, the man who Barbosa had spent months attempting to corrupt. The mountain of humanity stares straight at Barbosa, and the former world champion stares straight back; neither is willing to flinch.

There is a strange déjà vu regarding this face to face. It has been seen before but so much water has passed under the bridge in the near 20 Meltdowns since Barbosa first walked into Toyota, not just in the rivalry between these two but also in a more personal sense. These are two very different men than just a matter of weeks previous.

After what seems like an age, their staredown is broken by Toyota's music, signalling that their match is next. Just before they part, Barbosa breaks the silence with a simple question.*

Barbosa: Do you want in the Lethal Lottery?

*With his arms folded, Toyota does not answer verbally but gives an almost imperceptible nod in the affirmative. Barbosa responds with a nod of his own, prompting Toyota to walk off without any further back and forth. However, as the rikishi moves out of ear shot, Barbosa raises his hand in front of his mouth as to stifle a cough.*

*cough* Fat bastard. *cough*

*Barbosa then looks around him like he thinks someone else has just spoken but when he fails to see anyone else, he too walks in the direction of the ring side area but not without a lingering look around…*

It’s Saturday night, and the halls are abuzz at a special edition of Meltdown. Nobody knows what the next match will be, but they do know that Saboteur’s partner, Johnny Scumm, got the shirt taken off his back in a tuxedo match. Nobody knows this better than Saboteur.

A loud but muffled yell can be heard, but the volume peaks when a door flies open and Saboteur explodes through it.

Saboteur looks to the nearest WZCW employee, grabs him by the collar, and pulls him face to face.

Saboteur screams…

Saboteur: Where’s Scumm?!

Employee: I… I don’t know man! I j-j-just run cables to the cameras!

Saboteur lets the employee go and turns his sights on another employee. He slams this employee against the wall and yells in his face.

Saboteur: Where’s Scumm!?

Employee 2: He… he just left. I think, I don’t know.

Saboteur rolls his head in disgust, but looks sharply back at the employee.

Saboteur: What about Overlast?

The frightened employee just shrugs his shoulders, unable to muster up the courage to speak.

Saboteur: Baller?

The employee shakes his head quickly. Saboteur, disgusted lets him go. The employee begins to run away but trips in fear, but quickly picks himself up and scampers off.

Saboteur turns around and yells…

Saboteur: Is there ANYONE who knows where Scumm is?! Anyone!?

Saboteur then pauses and looks direly at whomever approached him.

Saboteur: … You…

Ty Burna, accompanied by his Apostles of Chaos, approaches Saboteur and gets dangerously close to Saboteur.

Saboteur: Burna! You own Meltdown now. I want a match next week with Scumm, Overlast, and Baller. One on three, gauntlet, I don’t care, I just want them!

Ty Burna rolls his eyes and looks back to his Apostles.

Ty Burna: I’ve barely been the official owner for just few minutes, and I’m already getting demands.

The Apostles chuckle at their leader’s joke as Ty Burna turns his attention back to Saboteur.

Ty Burna: Well Saboteur, I’m going to have to decline that request for a few reasons. One, you lost, you’re in no place to make demands. Two, I don’t like you, and I don’t do favors for people I don’t like. Three, I have something even better for you. Next week, you’ll be facing a couple friends of mine in a tag match. You can choose your partner, I’m sure you’ll pick that anachronistic black friend of yours.

Ty Burna’s Apostles begin to laugh again at their master’s scheming. Saboteur is less amused, and gets right back in Ty Burna’s face.

Saboteur: I know it was you who had me kidnapped me last week Burna! You still haven’t gotten over the fact that I beat you AND your lackeys, so you got rid of me the only way you could. Don’t think I’m going to overlook that and let it go, Burna. I’m coming for you, and I’m coming for you hard!

Saboteur shoves Ty Burna who his thrown back a few steps before his Apostles catch him. Rather than looking angry, though, Burna looks amused, and deliberately walks back towards Saboteur. He grabs the fake bow tie on Saboteur’s tuxedo shirt and smirks.

Ty Burna: Come now Saboteur, you know I’m the type of guy that handles his business for himself. Why don’t I give you a little taste… boys?

Ty Burna ironically walks away as his apostles begin to surround Saboteur. Saboteur puts his fists up, ready to fight off, but he stands little chance in a three on one conflict.

Saxton: Awww hellll no… I KNOW you ain’t tryin’ to jump my dog three on one!

Saxton comes from seemingly nowhere to stand by Saboteur’s side, and readies himself for a fight. However, the Apostles have grown disinterested in fighting the powerful duo, and walk away from the fight.

Saboteur relaxes himself and pats Saxton on the shoulder.

Saboteur: Thanks Saxton, you might be my only friend back here these days.

Saxton: No problem brotha, the Sax always got yo back.

Saboteur: Does that mean you’ll be my partner in my tag team match next week?

Saxton: Lemme think about that… hell yeah.

Saboteur: Good. Well then I’m getting out of here while the getting is good. I can’t risk being kidnapped again.

Saxton looks puzzled and concerned as Saboteur walks out of the building alone.

---Later that week---

It’s late, Wednesday night. Things have changed since we last saw Saboteur. Saxton won his match against S.H.I.T., thus qualifying for the Lethal Lottery. Wasabi Toyota, Drake, and Phoenix have returned. But perhaps most importantly, and maybe most relevantly, Saboteur’s opponents have been announced as Toyota and Barbosa.

Normally, Saboteur would spend his Wednesday nights watching TV and sleeping, but Saboteur is in no mood to unwind tonight. He is sitting in a wooden chair, facing the door, with a gun in his hand. There’s a faucet dripping in the background, and every time a water drop hits the metallic sink, Saboteur draws the gun and points it at the door. He’s practicing, and if any unwanted visitors come through his door, he’ll be ready.

Garrett walks up from behind Saboteur, wiping the sleep out of his eyes.

Garrett: Sab, what are you still doing up?

Saboteur: Making sure we don’t get kidnapped again.

Garrett: You’re worrying about nothing, Saboteur. It was a one time thing, probably an enemy you made a long time ago looking for revenge. He didn’t get it, so if he’s smart he’ll let you go.

Saboteur: It wasn’t an old enemy Garrett; it was Ty Burna. I know it was him, I saw it in his eyes!

Garrett: Are you sure you’re not just worried about your match on Saturday?

Saboteur: Worried? About Toyota and Barbosa? I’ve beaten a World Champion before, one that actually had a title reign worth talking about. And the fat guy? I’m pretty sure Saxton has fought sumo wrestlers before… blindfolded. And let’s not forget that Barbosa was the one that shooed Toyota out of WZCW, I’m not so sure they’ll get along.

Garrett: Well it sounds like you’ve got it all figured out, but you’ve been doing this every night the past four nights. At this rate you’ll be lucky if you don’t fall asleep during the match.

This seems to hit home with the sleep deprived Saboteur, who flashes a concerned look on his face and grows silent for a few moments. After a quick think, Saboteur stands up and holsters his gun.

Pack your bags Garrett, we’re going to Wyoming… or Wisconsin… or Walla Walla. Wherever it is Saxton lives, we’re going there!

Garrett: What!? Why?

Saboteur: Because they won’t be looking for us at Saxton’s house. If they come looking for us, they’ll just find an empty apartment.

Garrett: Alright, even if we are being stalked by some kidnappers, we can’t stay with Saxton forever. Eventually they’ll find you.

Saboteur: They won’t be searching after Ty Burna gets the message I send by beating his pawns on Meltdown. Come on now, chop chop, we’re getting out of here ASAP.

---A few hours later---

A taxi pulls up in front of a tall apartment building, and Saboteur and Garrett hop out and approach the door.

Saboteur and his friend walk up to the door and hit the button that triggers the buzzer in the penthouse suite.

Saxon’s voice comes through crystal clear over the speaker.

Saxton: What the motherloving hell, it’s four in the god damn mornin’, who’s this?!

Saboteur: It’s Saboteur. Garrett’s here too.

Saxton: Saboteur? What the hell are you doin’ here?

Saboteur: Can we talk about it upstairs? It’s freaking cold out here!

Saxton sighs, but responds…

Saxton: Yeah, I’ll buzz you up.

Saboteur and Garrett open the door to the opulent apartment building, and take the elevator to the top floor, where the elevator opens right outside of Saxton’s open door where Saxton is waiting for his guests.

Saxton: Well well well, look what the cat dragged in.

Saboteur: Save me the cute catchphrases, Saxton, I’m not in the mood.

Saboteur blows by Saxton and plops himself onto one of Saxton’s expensive leather couches. Saxton turns to Garrett.

Saxton: Damn, what’s up your spandex?

Garrett: He’s just paranoid about being jumped by kidnappers again.

Saxton: Oh damn, I’ve been there, brotha’s in for some dark times.

Saboteur: You know I can hear you right? Just get Garrett to bed and then you can regale me with stories of your past.

Saxton: Damn Mr. Cranky! Come on Garrett, let me show you the guest room. It’s got a built in disco ball and a king sized waterbed!

Garrett rolls his eyes and follows Saxton.

Garrett: Just once I’d like to sleep in a regular bed… just once.

A few minutes later, Saxton comes out and sits in a large leather chair opposite of Saboteur.

Saxton: Alright Saboteur, I know you don’t want to hear this right now, but I know how you feelin’.

Saboteur: You’re right. I don’t want to talk about it. I’ve been spending the better part of the past two weeks trying to not get kidnapped or killed, and I’m at my wit’s end. This Saturday can’t come fast enough, Saxton, because I’m going to send Ty Burna a message. He put his two best men on us, because he wants us out of the picture. He knows that you and I are two of the biggest threats to his new empire, and he’s going to do everything in his power to knock us off before the Lethal Lottery where we’ll be gunning for him and his boys.

Saxton: Damn right we will, and after this Saturday, Ty Burna is gonna know not to mess with Saxton and Saboteur.

Saboteur: Is he? What if he just realizes he needs to step up his plan of attack? Ty Burna has an army of followers that will go to the end of the earth for him.

Saxton: So there ain’t nothing we can do to stop him?

Saboteur: Until we find a way to get our hands on Ty… I can’t think of anything. We’re sitting ducks.

Saxton: Then why worry about it!? You and I will face whatever trouble comes our way, and we’ll get to Ty eventually. Until then, you need to lighten up.

Saboteur: Sorry Saxton, but I don’t feel like lightening up. In fact, I think you’re taking this too lightly. I think you need to realize the gravity of the situation.

Saxton: You trippin’ sucka. You know why I moved to Wyoming?

Saboteur: Here comes the story…

Saxton: It wasn’t easy to peel this handsome piece of dark meat away from the city, but it just gets to be too much. There’s always a sucka tryna’ get an autograph, a girl tryna’ get a picture, or some creep tying to get a whiff of my musk. I moved out to Wyoming to get away from it all, and when I’m in Wyoming, ain’t nothing can bring me down.

Saboteur: Wyoming might have fresher air, but other than that it’s no different from Union City, or Los Angeles, or… wherever the hell Titus is supposed to be from. Bad people have the innate ability to find good people and make their lives a living hell. God, haven’t you watched Mean Girls?

Saxton: Sucka, if it doesn’t star me, I probably haven’t seen it.

Saboteur: Whatever. Let’s just lay low for the week until our match on Saturday, and the we’ll try to put the fear of God into Burna.

Saxton sighs and looks at Saboteur with concern.

Saxton: Naw Sab, you need to cheer up. This ain’t you brotha, and if you ain’t you, you can’t win! Luckily, Saxton knows just the thing to pick you up.

Saboteur: Please don’t literally pick me up.

Saxton: A night on the town, Saxton style! We gonna hit up all my favorite joints.

Saboteur: Black strip clubs and a chicken and waffles stand?

Saxton: Watch it sucka, I ain’t afraid to smack a fool for assuming stereotype are true.

Saboteur: With all due respect, Saxton, I think I’m just going to stay in and wallow.

Saxton stands up from his chair and walks over to Saboteur.

Saxton: Well if you ain’t coming willingly, I guess I’m going to have to drag you kickin’ and screamin’. Come on sucka! Let’s roll!

Saxton grabs Saboteur by the spandex collar and drags Saboteur out of the apartment, literally kicking and screaming.

Right, so I had a great RP planned for this round, but illness and a whole host of personal issues cropping up prevented me from actually writing it. Instead, please accept this abridged description of the events that occurred while Action Saxton and his buddy Saboteur were out on the town.

It started with Saxton taking Saboteur to Action Saxton’s favorite food joint – Captain Anderson’s House of Delicious Pancakes, Milkshakes, Rice Cakes, and Earthquakes ("We bake to wake the snake!™"). Imagine a ridiculously campy 50's diner type deal, complete with poodle skirts and bobby socks. Whilst there, Action Saxton and Saboteur would have a long discussion about the Lethal Lottery, how well they've been working as a team, and how once it came down to them as the final two, all bets would be off. Unfortunately, their dinner (Action Saxton was eating a steak, Saboteur absorbing his cheesecake through the power of osmosis) would be interrupted by one of the rollerskating rake-wielding waitresses crashing into a wall. After making sure she's okay, Action Saboteur decide to leave, conveniently forgetting to pay but remembering to eat the rest of their food. Say what you will about the selection, slogan, and staff, the food is damn good at Captain Anderson's.

Our heroes would then walk to another of Action Saxton's favorite haunts, the beach. Saboteur is still very grumpy, so Action Saxton tries to cheer him up by explaining another reason he moved to Wyoming. You see, Wyoming doesn't exist. When Amerigo Vespucci was designing the United States, he was left with a giant hole in the map. Inside of it, he wrote down "Wyoming", which is an old Italian word meaning "No State Here". If you read it on the internet, it must be true. I mean, think about it - have you ever met anyone from Wyoming?

Exactly.

So, Saboteur and Saxton head to the beach, and Saboteur mostly sits under an umbrella looking very grumpy as Saxton runs around with his shirt off, much to the delight of the women all over the sand. Once he gets bored of that, he finds a child wearing an Armando Paradyse shirt - Yes, those exist. The child is delighted to see his favorite WZCW superstar, Marcus Chambers, just strolling around at the beach. Action Saxton is similarly happy, so he agrees to bury the kid in the sand. It takes only a few moments for the kid to be buried by Saxton, and everyone is happy. Saxton tires of the beach, and drags Saboteur to the next site. You can't really see his face, but Saboteur is looking a little happier.

The Punching Suckas In The Face Range is where Action Saxton likes to unwind. Imagine a shooting range, except instead of targets there are ninjas, and instead of shooting them, you punch suckas in the face. There's also no points scored or anything, you just punch suckas in the face. So yeah, it's exactly the same. Action Saxton and Saboteur display amazing combat skills as they always do, managing to combo some ninjas, and bodying others, making them very salty in the process. They work really well as a team as they punch suckas in the face, and slowly Saboteur starts to regain his smile. He's almost himself again!

Finally, Action Saxton suggests they head back to his apartment. You see, when the world gets too much for the Badass Brother, he likes to relax on his rooftop, staring at the stars. Action Saxton is a sensitive man. Action Saxton and Saboteur climb up the stairs (Like real men - elevators are for sissies), talking all the way. Saboteur is just about his old self when suddenly, they see it.

Action Saxton's apartment has been ransacked! The door is broken! The waterbed is in the middle of the living room! The disco ball is smashed on top of the TV! Someone stole Action Saxton's prized collection of gold-plated diamond bottle caps! Now, this puts Action Saxton and Saboteur right back into their really foul moods from earlier. They're furious as they wonder who could have done this.

Suddenly, Action Saxton gets a call. It's Marceline. Tearfully, she screams into the phone that B has been kidnapped.

Boy oh boy, if you thought they were mad before, you haven't seen nothin' yet. It doesn't matter who did it, or why. The fact of the matter is Action Saboteur are full of rage and they're going to take it out on anybody and everybody, even if those everybodies are five Barbosas and a sumo wrestler. So watch out, Barboyota - Two badass mothas are mad as hell, and they aren't going to take it anymore.

So yeah, it would have been awesome.

It’s late at night and Sal’s Pizza is in the process of shutting down for the day. Only one table of straggling pizza consumers remains while Sal and Rocco go through their cleaning duties. Suddenly, a dark figure appears at the front door. Everyone inside freezes. Wasabi Toyota, dressed in all black, strides through front door of the shop and looks directly and the father and young son sitting at the table nearest to him, enjoying their last scraps of delicious, meaty pizza.

TOYOTA: Leave.

The man doesn’t dare challenge the Asian mammoth and quickly scurries out of the shop, dragging his young son behind him.

SAL: Wasabi! Where you been my boy, we’ve really missed you around here.

ROCCO: It’s so lonely and cold sleeping alone at night, Sab. Lonely and cold.

The two hairy Italian men attempt to go over and embrace Toyota, but he’s having none of it. Their attempts and fondling are met with a nothing but a cold stare.

TOYOTA: I’ve came to get the rest of my things and then I’m leaving. You really can’t fit much in a duffle bag, especially when so much Shuriken space is needed.

SAL: Wait, what?

Toyota proceeds to walk right past Sal and Rocco and up the stairs. The two follow him to his room, perplexed at the change in attitude. Toyota is swiftly throwing all of his belongings into two large suitcases, anxious to leave the places he has called home for nearly two years.

ROCCO: Hey bucko, the hell is wrong with you?

No answer.

ROCCO: I said what the hell is wrong with you!?!?

Rocco moves aggressively towards Toyota, trying to get an answer. The big man does not act to kindly to this, grabbing Rocco and pinning him against the wall. Their faces are just a few inches apart, staring into each other’s souls.

TOYOTA: I’m leaving.

SAL: But where are you going to stay?

Toyota lets go of the somewhat startled Rocco and turns towards Sal.

TOYOTA: With Yunizo, Takashi, Hu, Cho, and Joey. They’ve accepted me back.

Sal’s face is overtaken by a huge frown.

SAL: How can you move back with them, Sab? I thought you’ve put the Yakuza behind you? You can’t go back to the horrible things you’ve done. What about changing, what about spreading peace?

TOYOTA: Spreading peace? That’s all a load of crap. I’ve been trying to do that for the last two years and what has it gotten me? A few meaningless runs with the tag belts and a broken heart.

I set out on my quest under a false assumption, that people are good. That couldn’t be further from the truth. When I met back up with Hunter, a man I cared for and believed in so deeply, I came to the realization than man if evil. Everyone out there is a dirty, worthless, scumbag. Fighting for world peace and happiness is a fruitless endeavor and always will be. If only I’ve realized that soon.

SAL: C’mon, Wasabi, you can’t just give up on everything because of one relationship gone wrong. What about me and Rocco, we’re not evil, are we? We took you in when no one else would, surely you can appreciate that.

TOYOTA: Ha! You guys are as bad as it comes. You’ve basically enslaved me in this shithole you call a restaurant and Sal mascaraed as a “trainer” while all he worried about was picking up sleazy ****es to have disappointing sex with.

ROCCO: Hey, I was a great trainer! I saw your match against Tastic last week; you couldn’t have won that without the dance moves I showed you.

TOYOTA: You are a pathetic little man. I was toying with Tastic out there, no thanks to your silly dance moves. I won that match because of pure focus and disregard for the safety of another human being. It’s quite liberating wrestling a match without having to consider petty things like human emotions.

SAL: I can’t believe you feel this way Sab. Do you honestly expect to go through the rest of your life like this?

TOYOTA: Of course I do. I’ve had enough of caring about other people. From now on it’s all about me and getting what I want when I want it. This week I want a spot in the Lethal Lottery and I’m going to get it.

Saxton and Saboteur may have been having fun with penguins and karate over the last few weeks, but that stops now. I will crush their souls like I crushed the hopes and dreams of the middle class family we robbed last night.

Toyota grins and chuckles heartily. Sal and Rocco look on in disgust.

ROCCO: Well good like winning a match with Barbosa as your partner. There’s no way that ends well for you.

TOYOTA: I could care less about Barbosa. I don’t care about his feelings, about what’s going on in that crazy little mind of his, or about the silly little flirting game he’s playing with Ty. We’ve had issues in the past, but this week he’s on my side in my mission to inflict pain and suffering. Deep, hard, suffering.

Toyota begins to laugh manically as he finishes packing up his last few items. Rocco and Sal are silent, in a state and disbelief and disappointment.

Eventually Toyota finishes packing and lifts his suitcases onto his shoulders. He looks around the room a bit, flashes his former buds a quick smile, and makes his way out the door, never to return.

TOYOTA: Later, bitches.

The scene cuts to the backstage area where Toyota stands confidentially moments before his match. Thoughts race through his head about the damage and pain he is going to dole out over the next few months and he smiles.

Suddenly, Toyota’s thoughts are interrupted as someone walks directly into his massive body. It is his tag team partner for the night, Barbosa, the man who had spent months trying to corrupt Toyota. The pentapolar wackjob stares straight at Toyota, and the Mastumato Mauler stares straight back; neither is willing to flinch.

There is a strange déjà vu regarding this face to face. It has been seen before but so much water has passed under the bridge in the near 20 Meltdowns since Barbosa first walked into Toyota, not just in the rivalry between these two but also in a more personal sense. These are two very different men than just a matter of weeks previous.

After what seems like an age, their staredown is broken by Toyota's music, signaling that their match is next. Just before they part, Barbosa breaks the silence with a simple question.*

BARBOSA: Do you want in the Lethal Lottery?

With his arms folded, Toyota does not answer verbally but gives an almost imperceptible nod in the affirmative. Barbosa responds with a nod of his own, prompting Toyota to walk off without any further back and forth. However, as the rikishi moves out of ear shot, Toyota whispers to himself.

TOYOTA: Crazy bastard.

Barbosa then looks around him like he thinks someone else has just spoken, but when he fails to see anyone else he proceeds out towards the ring, intent on busting some skulls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back