• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD55: Forgotten Powers vs. Paradyse Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Close but no cigar, this is the story of the Forgotten Powers who came close to winning the Tag Team Championships at Kingdom Come, and they're itching to get another shot, however, they face a new threat in the form of the alliance of Sean Cruz and Armando Paradyse. Will the new team make their mark or will the Forgotten Powers forge a new memory for them?

Deadline is Tuesday 19th April 23:59 EST

The camera cuts in on a beach in Florida. The sun is setting and you see Armando Paradyse and his date for the evening, Lissa, lying down together on a blanket.

Lissa-Armando Paradyse, I had the best time wth you tonight.

Paradyse-Me too Lissa but why does it have to end. The night is still young and we can still party.

Paradyse goes in for a kiss but she denys it.

Hold that kiss. How about we go back to my place. I think my roommates should be asleep by now.

Ok senorita, you drive.

The camera fades out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The camera fades back in on the front porch of Lissa's house. The two are standing outside the door talking the time away.

So how many roommates do you have?

I have four and they are kind of like my family. The brother and sisters I never had.

Wait. You have a guy as a roommate?

Technically yes. But he isn't a "guy" guy.

So he is homosexual?

No! Well maybe. To be honest, I'm not quite sure. But he has been one of my best friends since as far as I can remember.

Well, that's great. He is a very lucky guy to have a great friend like you Lissa.

Thank you Armando. Come on let's go inside. It's kind of chilly out here.

The camera fades out as the two go inside.

The camera comes back on as the two are walking to the living room. On the way back towards the den, they begin to hear a sobbing sound.

What the hell is that noise? Is someone choking a chicken?

That is just Sean. He is probably watching the Secret Life Of The American Teenager. Come on, I'll introduce you to him.

Uh, Ok?

Armando, this is my brother Sean Cruz.

Cruz- Armando Paradyse? What the H-E-double hocky sticks are you doing here?!

Wait? You two know eachother?

We work together Lissa. Sean is actually a good friend of mine.

So you're a professional wrestler too? (laughs) Small world huh. Are you a champion?

No, not yet. I've been in the bussiness a week longer than Sean, So I am still fairly a rookie in their eyes.

Well my brother is actually looking for a tag team partner. Maybe you and him can work something out.

Yeah, maybe. Right now, I'm in the Mayhem divison and I'm not really into head shots and flying through tables like Alex Bowen. My face is what makes Armando Paradyse Armando Paradyse.

Well I have to go to the little girls room. Be back in a flash guys

She walks off and the two guys begin to talk. The camera fades out.
The camera fades in about ten minutes later as Lissa is walking back from the bathroom. She sees Armando on the phone and sees Sean trying to listen in.

Si, Chuck Myles. Sean Cruz and I would like to be in the tag team divison from now on together. I think we have what it takes to make a great tag team.

Myles-Ok. Sounds great to me Armando. As you know we only have four teams now that you are in the divison. So how about we see what you and Mr. Cruz can do togther this week on Meltdown as you and him take on James King and Dr. Alhazred, The Forgotten Powers.

Sounds good to us.

By the way. What's you're team called?

Sean. What should are team be called?

Um how about the Menly Men?!

Uh, no senor. You're not very manly. How about the Peurto Rican Nightmare!?

I'm not Peurto Rican.

That's ok. We can make it work Sean.

How about Paradyse Cruz?

Sounds good to me.

Me too.

Mr. Myles. Our team name is Paradyse Cruz! Gracias Senor.

He hangs up the phone.

We are a tag team!

The two shake hands.

I'm so freaking excited. I need to shake my bum. Come on Partner. I'll take you to my favourite night club.

The two walk away and head out the door leaving Lissa alone. The camera fades out.

We come to in to a house. A look outside shows that the sky's clear and the sun's high in the sky. Lying on the couch in the living room is James King, watching a replay of Kingdom Come III, more specifically, the tag team championship match.

J: How did we lose? Everything pointed to our success.

James repositions himself so that he's sitting up and looking down, but still able to watch the match.

J: Where did it go bad? I just can't...

James, you have to stop moping.

James looks up and over his shoulder at Richard King in the kitchen. He has a worried look on his face.

R: I know you just lost a big match, but you need to put it behind you. Focus on you next challenge, and the BiA will come again.

James mulls this over for a minute, then turns the t.v. off an gets up to join his father.

J: You're right. Next week first, then titles. Have you heard who we are facing?

Richard smiles at his son's change in attitude.

R: There was a call earlier. I believe you're facing Paradyse Cruz.

J: Who?

Richard chuckles at this.

R: I said that exact same thing. It's a new team of Armando Paradyse and Sean Cruz.

James has a confused look on his face from the description.

J: At least the name makes sense. The team, however, does not.

R: Neither did you and Alhazred.

James nods at the statement.

J: Be that as it may, they make less sense than we did.

R: You still need to be ready for anything they can bring.

J: I know.

They both walk down to the basement, where James has a full set of weights. James starts lifting while Richard starts talking.

R: You've already faced Paradyse, so I'm not going to go that deep into him.

J: Yeah, I know he's fast and weak.

R: Very, so stay close and use your strength against him. Now, Mr. Cruz on the other hand...

James looks over at his father as he slows his lifting.

J: Yes?

R: I was there watching his house show match, and he was pretty fast an was able to do things I've barley seen done in the ring.

James looks interested and a little confused.

J: Really? Well then.

R: Have you called Alhazred yet?

James stops lifting, a surprised look crossing his face. He quickly pulls himself back and puts the weights down.

J: I was just about to.

R: The thought hasn't even crossed your mind, has it?

J: I'm a forgetful person. Besides, I'm calling now.

R: You did forget a lot as a child.

James stops climbing the stairs an looks back at Richard, a look of longing in his eyes.

J: I'll take your word for it.

They re-enter the kitchen when the phone goes off. James looks at the caller id.

J: Alhazred.

R: Speaker phone, please.

James nods and pushes two buttons on the phone, and within seconds Dr. Alhazred's voice crackles through the speaker.

A: James, you there?

J: I'm here. I was just about to call. What did your research bring up?

A: Not much, other than what we already know and some matches.

R: Anything on Cruz?

A: Ahh, the thoughtful King. I got his house show match, but other than that nothing.

Richard brings his hands up to his face and thinks this over.

J: Ok, it's a start. We need to get together and talk.

A: That's what I thought. Where?

J: You can pick, as long as it's not Wal-Mart again.

The two share a laugh, while Richard looks confused at the statement.

A: Ok, I'll call again with a place.

J: Ok. Good-bye.

James hangs up the phone, still chuckling, and looks at his father, who is still confused.

R: A Wal-Mart?

J: Long story, I'll tell you later.

R: You didn't ask about the Power Glove.

James looks back at his father, again looking confused.

J: Hm? Oh, yeah, I'll ask him about it at the meeting.

James walks into the office, and comes back out with a laptop.

R: What's that for?

James again at Richard, this time a stunned look on his face.

J: Research. I want to see Paradyse's matches and find Cruz's house show match.

Richard smiles and walks over to James.

R: That's good, son. You'll want all the research you can get.

Richard look out the window, up towards the sky, looking sad.

R: If only your mother could see you now.

He stands there for a moment, then takes a deep breath.

J: Father, why don't you go lie down?

Richard looks back at his son, a proud look on his face.

R: I'm fine. Now let's get to your research.

He starts over to James, but at that moment, the phone goes off again. Richard stops, looking surprised, then walks over to pick it up.

R: King residence.

He stands there listening, then walks over to James, a little smirk on his face.

R: Alhazre again.

James gets up and gets the phone.

J: Yes?

He stands there for a moment, then starts padding his pockets.

J: Hold on a moment, ok?

James holds his hand over the phone an looks over to Richard.

J: Pencil and paper, please?

Richard smiles as he pulls out a pen and hands it to James, followed by a Post-it. James nods at Richard and removes his hand.

J: Ok, what was it?

James starts scribbling on the Post-it. When he's done, he puts it on the fridge.

J: Ok, see you then.

James puts the phone down and walks over to his father.

J: Meeting's set. Now, let's get to that research.

Richard nods and walks over to the couch.

R: While you're searching, tell me about that Wal-Mart.

James laughs as we fade out.

The camera fades into a popular gay nightclub that Sean frequents. A host of "colorful" characters greet Sean warmly, as if it were a homecoming of some sort. News had recently gotten around that he was now a WZCW wrestler, and the inquiries received had nothing to do with ring psychology or fan reception,much to the confusion of Armando as well as Sean, who swears he only goes there for the 50 cent drinks.

Sean: Armando, this is my favorite spot on Thursdays! The drinks are super cheap and delicious!

Armando: You be sure to watch your intake, Cruz. We've got our debut match tomorrow night, I don't need a borracho for a tag partner.

Sean: It's fine, I know my limit--

Sean is interrupted mid sentence by the sight of an old flame by the name of Kandi

Sean:KANDI!!!! HEY GURL!!!!!

Kandi: SEAN!!! I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER BABE!!! OOO! WHO IS THIS CUTIE!?

Armando: Buenas noches, senorita. Me llamo es Armando.

Kandi: OH MY GOD, YOUR ACCENT IS SO SEXY!!!! SEAN IS HE WITH YOU?

Sean:Oh no, he's just my tag team partner.

Armando: (Does she think I'm his...novio!? This is a gay club...maybe she's a...A MAN!?!?!?)

Sean notices his friends puzzled look and excuses them from the conversation.

Sean: It's ok Armando, I know what you're thinking. She's not a guy, she's just tall. We had a thing going a while back, but she thought I was unfaithful. Oh, what a mess...*whispers* hey is that...DK Wilton over there? Who is that he's dancing with?

Armando: Dios mio, that's Doug Crashin'! We've got to get out of here.

Sean and Armando discreetly leave the club for fear of an awkward WZCW reunion. Once they make it a safe distance away, they agree to part ways and meet in the morning to talk strategy for their match as the cameras fades to black.

The day had finally come for the debut of the hot new tag team Paradyse Cruz. Both men had their own ways of making match preparations, but it was clear where Sean's mind was occupied. He had no other present concern than how they would appear as a tag team. Sketches of coordinating, and sometimes matching, outfits where strewn across his bedroom. His private dance studio was in dire need of waxing due to the numerous scuff marks produced by Sean's tireless recitals of the team's entrance. Armando was initially taken aback by his partner's rather bizzare method of match preparation,but soon he was infected by Sean's adamant obsession with not being the best,but looking the best.

Sean: AH! The moment we've been waiting for has finally arrived! This is the day that The Paradyse Cruz takes its maiden voyage to the island of VICTORY!!!! Now Armando, you must take this more seriously. If we don't appear to be a beautifully dominant tag team from the get-go, it'll be an uphill battle. Appearances are everything and ours begins with outfits!

Armando: Are you sure? Maybe we should practice some coordinating attacks or something more effective in securing a victory.

Sean: But this is how we secure victory! Moments in life such as these can't be prepared for! You must feel it within your heart and soul,find your raw passion and emotion and everything else will come naturally! Just like this entrance will come naturally if you would just loosen up! You're so stiff!

Armando: Don't you think we should do a little less dancing and a little more...yo no se, something more masculine?

Sean: I had a feeling that's what you were concerned with. If that's the case then I'll be happy to make the necessary changes to suit you,Armando. In the end, we must both be comfortable in order to unlock our true chemistry as a tag team, then with a bond that can't be cut with the sharpest blade, we will truly be victorious against our foes!

Armando: Now that's some thinking I can get behind. So, how about these outfits? I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of the purple one.

Sean is initially taken aback, but decides to compromise with his latino counterpart

Sean: You know...I do have an earlier drawing here of something that would fancy you perfectly.

Much to Armando's delight, Sean reveals the outfits, which are influenced heavily by the Puerto Rican flag.Armando is presented with a brand new vest, bright red with the PR flag emblazoned on the front and back. Sean has changed his boots to white fuzzy boots and white trunks with the PR Flag across the back.

Sean:I thought this would make you feel more at home when teaming with me. I want us to become more than just partners.

Armando: Um...gracias, amigo. But you know I'm straight,right?

Sean: HUH!? What does that have to do with anything? Never mind all of that, I'm going to take these sketches down to the seamstress,and I'll return shortly with our brand new battle gear. Lissa should be around here some where, I'm sure should be able to keep you busy ;)
We are now taken backstage to the Meltdown Arena we Armando and Cruz are making their final preparations for the match.

Armando: Are you ready for this? This match could define our futures in this business. I'm going to go out there and give the Forgotten Powers good reason why they'll be forgotten!

Sean: Well, that was rather mean. I understand that it's a competition,but this is more than a mere test of strength. Our true victory tonight lies in rallying the crowd behind us to a magnificent finish where the victors will bask in the light of glory!

Armando: Such powerful words. How did you become so poetic, Sean?

Sean: I believe that life is a one shot performance that must be performed flawlessly. I'll show you my true art once we take to the ring tonight. Yes, you will see my shine even brighter than now!!!!

The proud men of the islands head off into a new adventure, sure to be filled with good times and memorable moments, and it all starts tonight on Meltdown!

A young boy is sitting in front of a run-down T.V. set watching an old Buck Rogers movie. His hair is brown and shaggy and he’s wearing a yellow shirt that says Boy Wonder on the back of it. The muffle sounds of yelling and screaming are heard in the background. The young boy seems oblivious to it, too focused on the fantasy universe of Buck Rogers. The yelling is growing louder and bangs and slams are added to the symphony of screams. Louder and louder the screaming and banging grows, it feels like it’s inside your brain trying to forcing its way out, making your ears ring. Finally when it’s at its loudest point, it goes silent.

A deep voice begins to speak; the man has a strong Middle East accent making his words difficult to understand.
Raziel, I got something special for you. You been good boy lately, we thought you like new toy that just come out.

The young boy turns around, his face is glowing with joy and a smile is stretched across his face. He quickly gets up and runs toward his father who’s standing in front of a couch. In his father’s hands is a box labeled: “Nintendo Entertainment System with Power Glove”. The boy grabs the box and brings it to the floor in front of the T.V.

He rips open the box and pulls out the Power Glove. He puts in on his hand and says:
Daddy look! Isn’t it the coolest thing ever?

The boy looks up at his father and a look of pure fear showers his face.

His father’s face is covered in blood and half of his face is a skull. He quickly move towards the camera and a loud screech is let out…

Dr. Alhazred sits up quickly; he is sitting on his couch in his living room. He’s drenched in sweat and shaking. The phone is ringing. He gets up and walks over to the phone in the kitchen.

Dr. Alhazred.: What do you want?

James King.: Dr. Alhazred? It’s James King.

D.A.: Oh yeah what’s up?

J.K.: Well we’re at spot you told us to meet earlier. We’ve been waiting for an hour now.

D.A.: Oh yeah that’s right; I figured I’d take a little cat nap before I met up you guys. I haven’t been getting much sleep lately and with Mister on vacation I have no one to help keep track of time. He used to plan my whole schedule weeks ahead and I’d just follow whatever he said. I’ve been kind of lost these last few days without him, like I’m just wandering around aimlessly.

J.K.: Yeah well maybe this is a good thing. You shouldn’t be so dependent on him all the time and this will give you a chance to gain back your independence.

D.A.: I’m too lazy and unmotivated to be independent. I lost my Power Glove for now, I lost Mister for now, I’ve been having messed up dreams, and the worst thing of all; we lost at Kingdom Come. I know it was our first title shot, our first time at the grandest stage of them all, and not many people expected us to win. But damn it, we should have won that match. We had everything planned out, we had the perfect game plan, we trained harder than we ever had in our lives, we had the hottest streak in WZCW going and we blew it. I don’t know I guess it’s just everything seems to be piling up lately, it’s almost too much to take.

J.K.: I know man, things have been rough for you the last few days but we need to move on and focus on the future and the present. We can’t dwell on things that already happened and what we can’t control, because then we’ll take our eyes off the ball and continue spiraling down. You need to get your ass up and get to this meeting spot so we can get our game plan down and have some fun for once.

D.A.: I guess so man, I’ll leave in a little bit.

James King and his father, Richard, are sitting in a car. Richard is in the passenger seat moving restlessly, James is in the driver’s seat looking at his phone.

Richard King: Where is he James? We’ve been waiting long enough for him. I can’t take much more of this.

James: Calm down Father he said he’ll be here so he’ll be here.

R.K.: Two hours late?! How can you partner with this guy when you can’t even depend on him to show up on time? Not only that but he seems to have more than a few screws loose, he’s not in his right mind.

J.K.: He’s just out of the box; he does what he wants and how he wants to do it. He’s usually in pretty good spirits and he’s a damn fine partner, there’s no else I would trust more in the ring.

R.K.: I heard him on the phone he’s not in a right state of mind right now, you guys are great in the ring and have chemistry, but how long will that last? What if you guys go on a losing streak? How long until he turns on you, he is not a good guy James. I’m just trying to look out for you, I’ve kept my mouth shut up to this point but I do not trust him.

Dr. Alhazred knocks on the passenger side window and both James and Richard jump. Dr. Alhazred gets in the car and sits in the back seat, he has a bag in his hands. He shakes James hand and goes to shake Richard’s but Richard just stares at him.

Dr. Alhazred: What’s up with you? You ‘mirin brah?

Richard: What the hell does that mean? I refuse to shake the hand of a man who is two hours late. We have been sitting here in this car for a long time Dr., do you have any consideration for other people or are too lost in your video game fantasy world?

D.A.: I already told you I fell asleep.

R.K.: That was an hour ago; you said you were leaving the last time we talked to you. Where have you been since then and what’s in the bag? More video games I bet.

Dr. Alhazred looks at James who is staring a hole through his father. Dr. Alhazred reaches in his bag and pulls out four black hoodies.

D.A.: I figured since we’re a full time team for real now, we should come out to matching outfits.

He picks up one of the hoodies, in the front it has James King written on it. He turns it around and on the back is a black and red spiral with a Tri-Force in the middle. Above the log it says Forgotten and underneath it says Powers. He hands James his.

J.K.: That is awesome man; I can’t wait to walk out to the ring with these. See Father I told you we could rely on him, now don’t you feel stupid?

Dr. Alhazred holds one out for Richard. Richard stares at and begrudgingly takes it.

R.K.: Well it is a nice thought but you should have told us and I still don’t fully trust you.

D.A.: It’s cool beans Dick, now onto Cruz and Paradyse.

J.K.: What did you find out about them any good strategies cooking up there in that head of yours?

D.A.: Nah not really, they’re a bit green and still haven’t hit their stride individually yet. They seem to be getting along fine but it’s completely different once you step through those ropes. We know that personally. I say we just hit ‘em head on and go full steam on them. No tricks, no little ploys, those aren’t necessary. We need to send a message to the rest of these new tag teams and the Brothers in Arms that the Forgotten Powers are not to be taken lightly still. This is our division, we are the future of it, we are the leaders of the new youth movement. The BiA are just keeping those titles warm for us, they thought we were for reals before but now we’re for realz for reals.

J.K.: I like the sound of that, Paradyse Cruz has no idea what they just got themselves into. With the Crashin Movement gone, this is our division now.

Dr. Alhazred’s stomach growls.

Dr. Alhazred: Goddamn I’m so hungry, haven’t eaten all day.

James: You wanna get some Old Country Buffet?

Dr. Alhazred: MATH YEAH!!! I’m gonna suck those plates down like Kirby.

He breathes in deep like Kirby, James and Richard crack up laughing as the scene fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back