• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD55: Blade & Baez vs. Chris Beckford & Gordito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
New EurAsian Champion Blade had what is considered an epic encounter against former champion Chris Beckford, that everyone is already talking about a rematch. They get close enough in a tag bout with rivals Baez and Gordito joining them. These two men have a long history, yet they never touched each other in the King For A Day match, no doubt that frustration continues for both of them as they will want to get their hands on each other. How will this explosive tag match fare between these four men and will they keep it professional?

Deadline is Tuesday 19th April 23:59 EST

Beckford stands up and instead going for a pin, he sets up for Cross Country. He nips up to the top rope and prepares himself. As he flies off, Blade gets his knees up! Beckford is stunned, clearly devastated by the intelligent move and almost unable to move! Blade gets up slowly, forces Beckford into the double underhook and hits The Halo! The pin is inevitable, Blade hooks the leg, 1.....2.......3!!!!

“That is it.....he has reached his destiny!”

”Your winner.........and NEW WZCW EURASIAN CHAMPION.......BLADE!!!!”

“The Prodigal Son has done it!”

“New champ, new champ!!”

"Blade has ended Chris Beckford's run as Eurasian champ and in doing achieved his own destiny."

Blade celebrates by embracing the title, as he does Beckford is being helped out of the ring by a pair of officials. Blade climbs the corner, posing with a degree of arrogance as both men get a standing ovation.

Blade goes through the curtain to the backstage area, to a small crowd of applauding people. Blade gives a quick nod of acknowledgment before making his way through the crowd and heading for the locker room. He ignores congratulations from various workers as he stares blankly ahead. He reaches the locker room and walks inside, quickly closing the door behind him. Blade leans backwards against the door and holds his title up to eye level. His legs shake for a moment before he drops to his knees while his eyes are still fixed on the title. A twisted grin spreads across his face before he starts laughing. His laughter gets louder and louder until it’s almost maniacal....

==============================================================

It’s the day before Meltdown and Rebecca Serra is standing backstage with the new EurAsian champion Blade for an interview.

Rebecca: So Blade, after a year and a half of waiting, you’ve finally gotten your hands on gold. How do you feel.

Blade hesitates for a moment, looking at the belt slung over his shoulder before taking out a cigarette and lighting it up, and taking a drag, looking thoughtful.

Blade
: I’m disappointed. You see, everything with Beckford, this epic saga that has helped us write our own way into the wrestling history book, has been intense. But when I got into the ring with Chris Beckford, I wanted to destroy him. I wanted to put him out of action for... However long. I know I said that this feud had nothing to do with Beckford, that it wasn’t personal because I just wanted the title. And that’s mostly true. But this has been personal in the way that I wanted to end Beckford so that the little rat wouldn’t bother me again, looking for a rematch that he was never going to win. That way I could take my title and move on, which is what is best for everyone. So I was going to take him out. But... Something happened. For all my mind games, for everything I did to psyche out Beckford, he put up more of a fight than I ever would’ve imagined. He stayed resilient untill the very end. He almost earned my respect... Almost. I blame myself, really. I was too complacent with him. And now we will inevitably have our rematch at Redemption. But I’ve specifically requested to Mr. Bateman that we get some kind of dangerous stipulation match...

An evil smirk spreads across Blade’s face as he takes another drag.

Blade: And during that match... I am vowing to destroy Chris Beckford.

Rebecca clears her throat.

Rebecca
: Sticking with the crazy psycho thing, huh?

Blade
: Becky, if you you’re playing bowling and you’ve gotten 9 strikes in a row using one particular ball, you don’t switches balls for the tenth shot.

Rebecca: A sport metaphor? Really?

Blade: Yes, Becky, I’m sticking with the crazy psycho thing.

Blade flicks away the butt of his cigarette, looking irritated.

Rebecca: I see... So, we know your plans for Redemption. What are you going to do on Meltdown.

Blade smirks again, before removing his shades. He takes the title off his shoulder and holds it up.

Blade: I’m going to show off my shiny new title. Especially to Beckford. In this match, I’m not looking for a win so much as I’m looking to keep up the, as you put it, “crazy psycho thing”. Baez and Gordito are non-factors. The fact that they didn’t even get near each other at King for a Day will incense them to kill each other on Meltdown. That suits me, I don’t want them in my way. What’s left after they’re stripped away is my sole intention for Meltdown. Beginning on Meltdown and ending on Redemption, you are all going to witness the final destruction of Chris Beckford.

The scene ends with a sick smirk on Blade’s face.

========================================================================

The next day, Blade is having lunch on the grass outside the arena. He’s talking nonchalantly to his title belt while eating his sandwich, soaking up the sun.

Blade: I know doing the Cloverleaf on the table was awesome, but I can’t start doing it every week...

Suddenly a tall, dark haired man sits down on the grass beside Blade. Blade takes his shades off and gives a greeting nod.

Blade: Well, if it isn’t my favourite critic. How’s the dirt sheet world treating you?

Writer: Full of bullshit.

Blade: So you’re doing well then?

The writer nods.

Blade: What do you want, James?

The writer named James looks around at the various WZCW workers getting everything ready for Meltdown. He looks very seriously at Blade.

James
: I heard something yesterday, and I thought you should know about it.

Blade sits up, looking slightly skeptical.

James: They’re saying Rush is nearly fully recovered. They’re saying he’s training for a return to the ring. And what’s motivating him is getting his hands on you.

Blade: I didn’t do anything to Rush. It was just a coincidence that he had a heart attack while wrestling me, it’s not my fault I pushed him to the limit.

James: But you didn’t have to pin him and take credit for supposedly ending his career.

Blade shakes his head and throws the corners of his sandwich to the nearby birds, looking care-free.

James: Blade, I know you don’t believe me because I’m a dirt sheet writer. But this time I have an extremely reliable source. Just.... Watch your back.

He gets up and walks away, leaving Blade shaking his head.

Blade: No... Can’t be...

Baez: I see a sea of nothing but ants!

The scene opens with Baez standing on a box in the middle of a mall yelling with a megaphone at hand.

Baez: You are all the same to me! You walk with no purpose in your lives! You indulge yourselves by enjoying the lives of others! You dream of becoming your idols without realizing your idols would never want to be you! You hate your meager lives and only try to compensate yourselves by mocking others! You are hypocrites!

Baez continues to randomly shout insults as we get a camera shot of Alisha who is just sitting on a bench listening to her Zune and reading a magazine unconcerned about Baez.

Baez: You fear what is different! But I am not afraid to step up and be different. I am not mundane like you!

Bystander #1: Hey, shut up. You think it's easy raising teenagers?

Baez: Well you should've expected your kids to become teenagers at some point. What'cha expect? They skip puberty?

Bystander #1: I'd like to see you try and be a parent.

Baez: I'd be a hell of a father. Except I'm smart enough to know I'd have issues raising them. Hell, I'd be a hell of a mother too, but nature says otherwise.

Bystander #1: Creep.

Baez: Regular.

Baez continues to shout random insults for a good while as a young kid can be seen approaching him.

Kid: Hey, you lost!

Baez: No. I'm right here. That mall map other there says so. Now beat it squirt. I've got people to insult.

Kid: I meant you lost King For A Day.

Baez stops and slowly turns around seemingly bothered by what the boy said.

Baez: Come again?

Kid: You. Lost. You never even got to touch Gordito. You suck!

Baez: You little whelp! And exactly why is Gordito an issue?!

Kid: You were the first eliminated. Hah hah!

Baez: What's your name? Nelson? You think I care about eliminating Gordito? I exploited him, just like I wanted. Your beer gargling hero is down and out just as I wanted.

Kid: You still lost King For A Day.

Baez: Details! I'll get there soon enough. It's not like the belts going anywhere.

Kid: No, but you might. I hear you and Blade are gonna face Chris Beckford and Gordito.

Baez: Wait, how the hell do you know that? The show hasn't even aired!

Kid: Wrestleodeon.com

Baez: Damn dirtsheets... Ah, who am I kidding. That doesn't matter. If Gordito wants more humiliation from me, I'll gladly give it to him. Maybe he'll finally learn how pathetic he can be.

Kid: Imagine how pathetic you'll look after you lose to him.

Baez: And what makes you say that?

Kid: The fact that you haven't won a singles match since November.

Baez: Bad week.

Kid: It's April.

Baez: Shaddap!! But I'll humor you. When has Gordito ever beaten me one on one.

Kid: The next PPV.

Baez: That hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Kid: 20 bucks says it will.

Baez: Kid, if Gordito ever beat me, I'd... Well, I don't know what I'd wager, but I know I'd win.

Kid: Right... What about Beckford?

Baez: What about him? A mediocre champion who lost to a less mediocre guy. Beckford is about as one-dimensional as a piece of paper.

Kid: But that's two dimensions.

Baez: He'd lose the same way Charlie Sheen does.

Kid: But he's always winning.

Baez: There's a reason Warlocks aren't real.

Kid: We'll see. I bet you'll lose.

Baez: Well I bet I'll win. Decisively.

Kid: Lose the mask.

Baez: And become one of you? No thanks.

Kid: Then just go away if you hate people so much.

Baez: And let Gordito and Beckford get away with being simpleminded heroes? No. Not to mention how much fun it is. Now get out of here, kid. I've got people to pester.

Kid: Whatever you say, loser.

Baez turns his head slightly as the kid walks away.

Baez: ...heh heh heh heh... ...Boy, you don't know what dangerous things I'm capable of...

We open to the sludge pit. Gordito sits on the stage in the back, and the rest of the place is empty. Gordito is alone, lost in thought talking to himself.

Gordito: "If you need some fun, you have to go out and make it yourself."

Jack Ruin enters from the front door. The rays of sunlight entering with him tell us it is mid-morning. He closes the door behind him and heads to the office when he noticed Gordito. He drops his things and walks slowly towards the stage. Gordito doesn't notice him.

Gordito: "Don't take any guff from the swine. Don't let the bastards get you down."

Jack approaches the stage and stands waiting to be seen, not wanting to disturb Gordito. His face betrays his concern for his good friend. After a few moments, he speaks up.

Jack: "Hey Jefe."

Nothing. Again, he speaks up, a little louder.

Jack: "Hey. Gordito."

Nothing.

Jack: "Juan!"

Now Gordito springs to life. Confusion flashes in his eyes momentarily as he comes out of his trance. Once he notices Jack, though, his familiar carefree attitude shines through his face.

Gordito: "Jack. Whew, buddy. Must not have noticed you coming in."

Jack: "That's what she said. What's going on buddy?"

Gordito: "Oh, don't mind me"

Gordito stands up.

Gordito: "Just going over Kingdom Come."

Jack: "Bummer how that went for you. But from what I hear, many were impressed by you anyway."

Gordito: "Honestly, I'm ok with it. I've never had much problems accepting a loss before."

Jack: "So then what's with the zombie trance?"

Gordito hesitates before responding. He looks up to the ceiling with his eyes, pondering the question for a minute before he gives his answer.

Gordito: "You know...really..."

Gordito stands up.

Gordito: "I guess I'm just bothered that I didn't get a chance at Baez myself."

Jack: "Lulz, really?"

Gordito: "I think so. I think I really wanted to prove myself to him."

Jack: "It's not like he did any better."

Gordito: "That's not the point. Baez helped make me who I am now. If I can't get past him, I'm never going to get anywhere around here."

Jack: "Whatever dude. Don't you get a chance at him this week."

Gordito: "Kinda. It's another Baez and Blade tag team deal."

Jack: "And who're you going to be partnered with? Austin again?"

Gordito: "No. It's Beckford."

Jack: "Oh, no worries then. He's as good if not better than Austin, right?"

Gordito jumps off the stage and lands on his feet next to Jack.

Gordito: "Kinda. I mean, the guy is rock solid. But..."

They both turn and head towards the office.

Gordito: "I think he's having a rough time of things right now. I heard his mother passed...and you, it's not like Blade is someone you'd want to be tangling with at a time like that."

Jack: "Really? Damn. That's unfortunate."

Gordito: "Tell me about it. I mean, he's not the biggest social butterfly around WZCW. Like Austin, there's almost always someone trying to give him a hard time. Usually he can handle it well, but now...I don't know. I'm kinda worried for the guy, I guess."

Jack: "Sounds like he could use a friend."

Gordito: "We don't have friends in this business, Jack. You know that."

Jack: "I don't know about that. Ty certainly reached out to you in a way. Things change, people change. But I know you. Nothing makes you feel better about things, nothing helps you clear your own head more than cheering up others. Isn't that kinda why you're doing this thing in the first place? Isn't that why you opened up this place?"

They reach the office door and step in. Gordito plops down into a leather chair in front of the desk in the room while Jack starts a pot of coffee.

Gordito: "You know, you're right. Still, how am I supposed to help him?"

Jack: "Do what you do best. Be you. Talk with the guy. Shouldn't you be planning for your match anyway?"

Gordito: "Yeah, I guess I've just been putting that off because of what I have going on in my own life."

Jack: "Well, what you have right now in your life is a match to win and a score to settle. I say you meet up with the dude, bring him here even. They all seem to love this place anyway."

Gordito pulls out a cell phone from his pocket while Jack is talking. He scrolls the contacts list until he reaches the entry "Chris Beckford". He stalls.

Jack: "You know, maybe the guy needs a night out."

Gordito pushes the button marked "Call" next to Beckford's name. The phone rings three times before a voice answers.

Beckford: "Hello?"

Gordito: "Chris?"

Beckford: "Yes...?"

Gordito: "Hey buddy. It's Gordito. Listen baby, I was thinking we should get together before our match next week. I mean, we haven't seen each other since...well, last year really. And I..."

Gordito stalls. He can tell Beckford seems distant. He waits for a second before talking again.

Gordito: "Look man, I don't want to simply bore you with shop talk. We have things to discuss for prep, but really....I mean...I know you've had a hard time recently. I know I sound like an ass being all un-macho like this. But like, if you wanna swing by here before Meltdown..."

Beckford: "That's very thoughtful of you Gordito, but I don't know if I'm up for a wild night at The Sludge Pit. No offense."

Gordito: "No, no, I understand. But that's not quite what I meant. Come by in the morning. We'll just put on a pot of coffee and chill. No party, no loud music...at least, not then. If you feel like sticking around for that, great. But really, we do need to get to know each other a bit if we're going to be teaming together. And more importantly, I hate to see a WZCW brother having a hard time, you know?"

Beckford is silent for a second.

Beckford: "Ok, mate. Let me see what I can do, how does that sound?"

Gordito: "Sounds perfect, baby. You know where to find me."

Beckford: "I do. I'll be in touch...and thank you. You really are one of a kind, Gordito."

Gordito gets off the phone in time to see Jack pouring two cups of coffee and handing one to him.

Jack: "So, sounds like it went well."

Gordito takes his black coffee and sips at it.

Gordito: "Yeah. Yeah, it did."

Jack: "So what do you plan on talking about with him."

Gordito: "I'm actually just gonna let him say what he wants. There's a trust issue between us boys. I don't want to seem like I'm prying. Whether he wants to open up or not is his choice. I just want to be available to the guy, you know?"

Jack: "Fair enough. But eventually the topic of Blade and Baez is going to come up."

Gordito: "I know..."

Jack: "So what are your thoughts on that right now? The Eurasian Champion and the man who's made it his mission to bring you down...sounds like a handful."

Gordito: "Blade...Blade has waited a long time to taste that gold. He finally broke through that barrier I'm pounding against myself. He's no laughing matter, not someone to take lightly. However, he's still a nut. He's more interested in looking cool and hardcore as opposed to actually being cool and hardcore. It took a lot for him to beat Beckford. It's going to take a lot more for him to beat both of us."

Jack: "And Baez? Are you sure you can keep yourself together enough not to let him get under your skin again?"

Gordito: "Baez? HA! Remember, those two aren't the best of friends or anything like it. I fully expect Baez to end up getting disqualified for doing something stupid. I fully expect him to make an ass out of himself as usual. Lest you forget, his ass was in and out of the match before I was. I'd like to see him try and spin that into anything but what it is: at the end of the day, The Dirty One is just too much for him to break."

Both men enjoy their coffees some more.

Jack: "I'll tell you one thing, Jefe. I'd hate to be Baez if you ever got a clean shot at him. And I mean a clean shot. No easy outs. No technical wins via a disqualification or whatnot. A straight up street fight. You'd mop the floor with him."

A wicked grin crawls upon Gordito's face.

Gordito: "Street fight...now THERE'S an interesting idea, man."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------​

We open again to The Sludge Pit interior. It's clearly morning. Gordito sits at the bar, nursing a cup of coffee with the pot sitting in front of him along with an unused mug. His phone rings once, and he checks it. It's a text message. The screen reads "Chris Beckford: Getting out of cab now.". Gordito takes another sip of coffee and stands up. He goes to the door, opens it, and stands waiting in the threshold. Out front, Beckford is seen stepping out of a yellow cab with a few small bags after handing the driver a sum of cash. The cab pulls away as Beckford turns around to greet his host this morning.

Beckford: "So this is the famous Sludge Pit, huh?"

Gordito steps forward with his right hand extended to Beckford.

Gordito: "This is where the magic happens, baby. Glad you made it out here on such short notice."

Beckford reaches to scratch the back of his head lightly. The look on his face is a strange mixture of emotions: exhaustion and skepticism but also a hint of relief.

Beckford: "Ah, don't worry about it mate. I thought about what you said, and I agree that we're better off talking things over about our match this week."

Gordito offers to help out Beckford with his things, but he declines. Gordito leads him into The Sludge Pit. Beckford drops his things by the bar where Gordito has the coffee set up, and Gordito leads him around the place a bit.

Gordito: "It's not much to look at, but it's sanctuary. I'm not the type to stick around at home, you feel me?"

Beckford nods as he surveys his surroundings. Chairs sit atop their respective tables, and there's no sign of the usual mischief that occurs here nightly. Gordito seems a little put off by Beckford's distant demeanor, but it doesn't stop him from being hospitable.

Gordito: "Anyway, I've got a pot of coffee fresh for us, or I can get you some tea if you like."

Beckford: "Coffee is fine with me, thank you."

They head towards the bar. Beckford has a seat at a stool while Gordito steps behind the bar to serve him his coffee. He then picks up his cup to refill it.

Gordito: "Ok amigo, I'm just going to cut to the chase. First of all..."

He stops to think his words over a moment.

Gordito: "I understand things have been really...rough...for you recently."

Beckford seems a little uncomfortable at the reference to his recent losses, both of his title and of his mother.

Gordito: "But I didn't drag you out here just to throw you a pity party, you know? I suppose we could've just talked things over on the phone or something, but I thought you might need a brief change of scenery. The point is..."

Gordito pulls up the stool behind the bar to sit opposite Beckford.

Gordito: "...you are a respected veteran of WZCW. Guys like myself, Saxton, Wasabi...hell, even Kravinoff and Barbosa...we were drawn to this because of guys like you. So I don't want to go beating around in stuff that's really none of my business, but I do want you to know that there are guys who respect you, and look up to you, and believe in you."

For the first time since they've sat down, Beckford makes eye contact with Gordito. Gordito notices this and continues.

Gordito: "You and I, we're going to find ourselves on opposite sides of the ring again sometime or another, and we may or may not be getting along very well when that happens. But I can tell things have been weighing on you pretty heavily, man. And I guess I just wanted to tell you in person that as much as pretty words from an overweight Mexican-American can't fix everything, I believe you are capable of shrugging all of this off and becoming even stronger for it."

There is a moment of silence before Beckford breaks it.

Beckford: "I don't know what to tell you. I mean..."

He adjusts himself in his seat.

Beckford: "It's pretty rare for any of the WZCW boys to do something like you are doing now. I apologize if I'm not really up to opening up like that to you right now. I just don't function that way. But it takes a lot of courage to attempt what you are trying to do, and it reflects well on the type of man many people find you to be."

Gordito chuckles briefly to lighten the mood.

Gordito: "I'm just doing what I to, as usual. I guess that's how I function."

Beckford: "Right. You keep that up. You've had a run that many people go their entire careers chasing, so don't you let bitter people like Baez ruin that for you."

Gordito: "And don't you let Blade do the same to you, Becks."

Beckford winces lightly as Gordito continues.

Gordito: "People like that...they only exist to drain the energy of others. They are leeches, ticks...parasites of the worst type. They operate mainly on the fear and doubt that they can inspire. But if you are strong enough, if your will fuels the flame of your resolve powerfully enough, they can't get their little teeth in deep enough to do that."

Beckford looks through Gordito momentarily. He thinks back to not long ago...to the note he received from Blade.

Beckford: "You're right."

Gordito: "So then, about those two. It's hard to call, really. We've got our work cut out for us."

Beckford nods as he sips at his coffee.

Gordito: "I mean, it was raw deal last time I faced off against that pair of asses, what with Constantine sticking his big nose in to slight Reynolds. But they aren't BFF's by any measure, and that's still something we can work with."

Beckford: "I don't know...Blade didn't really have a place in that match. He didn't seem to be interested much in anyone who was a part of it. Myself, on the other hand...he's made it his crusade to ruin my life and my career."

Gordito: "All the more reason for their emotion balance to be totally out of wack. With Reynolds and I, it was just another day at the office. With you, it's much more personal. And a hyped up Blade is much more likely to end up at Baez's throat than a distant apathetic Blade."

Beckford: "Good point."

Gordito: "You just focus on giving this your best. Don't worry about Kingdom Come. Don't give him power when he tries flaunting that in front of you. That's your title. You WILL get it back from him if you will it to be so."

Beckford stares off at nothing again as both men sip their coffees.

Beckford: "And Baez? I notice you've left him out of this."

Gordito: "Baez is...I don't know how to properly explain what I feel about him right now. I mean, I miss kicking it with him. In a few different ways, he was a big part of me being where I am now. But I'm not losing sleep over it. He made his choice, and I respect that. I've made mine. I won't be bullied by him. I won't be shamed by him. I'm proud of what I've accomplished, baby, and I refuse to let him keep me from doing even more."

Beckford snaps out of his daze, as if inspired by Gordito's thoughts.

Beckford: "You know what Gordito? I think come Meltdown we're going to be just fine out in that ring."

Beckford raises his coffee towards Gordito.

Beckford: "Cheers, mate."

Gordito raises his mug to match Beckford's gesture, speaking as they clink together.

Gordito: "Amen to that, baby. To perseverance, determination, and much ass kicking."

For the first time in what may have been a long while, Beckford genuinely smiles. Then Gordito opens his mouth again.

Gordito: "So, think you might be up to swinging by here tonight?"

Beckford: "Uh...let me get back to you about that."

Gordito starts to talk up the night life of the Sludge Pit while Beckford begins to wonder if coming out here was the greatest idea.

Former EurAsian Champion.

Well it had to happen eventually and after the past few weeks in my life I’m not surprised that it did. You could say that the last few weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster to use the tried and tested cliché. Losing the championship to Blade was extremely hard to take but I find myself thinking that it’s not important. I mean, I went to Kingdom Come on the back of a horrible personal and emotional strain and gave it everything I had. I may have lost my title but most importantly gave the fans something to remember as Blade and I had one of the matches of the night on the biggest stage of them all. Perhaps some could say I let my emotions get the better of me as in the heat of the moment I wanted to hurt Blade for having the audacity to turn up to my mothers funeral, and that’s what cost me the title, not going for the cover after I hit the Cross Drop and wanting to inflict more pain on him with the Cross Country. It was a mistake I have made before and I’m sure I’ll make again in the heat of the moment.

People may say that my reign as EurAsian Champion wasn’t ‘anything special’ but I think maybe they expected a little too much after Big Dave’s amazing reign. I won the title at All or Nothing and held onto it till Kingdom Come. That was my main goal, to get to Kingdom Come as champion and I achieved that goal. Losing to Blade really isn’t a bad thing. The man is a tremendous competitor. He truly showed how good he is at Kingdom Come and I have got to say that he may be a complete asshole but I respect the hell out of him as a competitor. I gave him everything I had and he still came out the other end as the new champion. So I say congratulations to him but there is one thing I’ve noticed about me since I lost my belt. I miss having it around my waist and I’ll be coming to take it back very soon.

Baez has certainly become an interesting person since we were last in the ring together. The last time we met his night ended in disappointment and my night ended as the new EurAsian Champion. In fact if I remember correctly I pinned him to become champion. Since then he has been on a crazy spiral. His attacks on Gordito have been unwarranted and cowardly but despite this he has been on the same path he’s been since he lost the Mayhem Championship, unable to achieve anything else. He has had strong showings though, most notably in the Lethal Lottery and had a decent showing in King For A Day. I certainly realise how big a threat he could be in this match.

So here I am, sat in a place I never ever thought I’d visit, the Sludge Pit. I’m here at Gordito’s request due to our tag team match against Blade and Baez on Meltdown. He requested and I agreed that we talk in person about our match and to be honest I’m pleasantly surprised with the result. I’ve noticed his career has been on the rise since he joined WZCW and he has had some stellar matches already in his time here. His matches for the title against Ty Burna have been phenomenal and I’m glad to be teaming with someone of his calibre this week. Also Gordito has been the first person to reach out to me since the death of my mother and I really appreciate that considering he doesn’t really know me. It felt good to talk out about the situation and get things off of my chest that I couldn’t or didn’t really want to say to Ryan or Sarah. Also it makes me feel pretty good about myself that someone of Gordito’s calibre has taken an interest in my career. We both have been in pretty intense battles with difficult opponents recently so I respect what he has to say. I know that with Gordito as my partner we can overcome Blade and Baez.

*Scene Opens in the Sludge Pit, Chris Beckford can be seen sat alone at a table in the fairly empty club, with only bar staff and a few others walking around. On the table is a few of Beckford’s personal items, a cell phone, a wallet and a bunch of keys. A big empty space is seen on the table presumably where the EurAsian Championship would have once sat. Beckford is sat just looking at the empty space as a member of staff approaches.*

Staff Member:
Another Coffee?

Beckford: No thank you man, I should probably lay off the stuff for a while.

Staff Member: No problem. The boss said anything you want, you can have.

Beckford: I appreciate that. Thank you

*The man leaves. Beckford looks around the Pit for a few moments before sighing to himself.*

Beckford:
What the hell am I doing here? Of all the places in the world, I would have never expected to find myself in a place like this.

???: What are you saying about my place, baby.

*Gordito appears from one of the offices and joins Beckford at the table. They embrace with a handshake.*

Beckford: I’m going to have to decline your invitation to the Sludge Pit in all its glory man. I think I’m just going to head back to the hotel for an early night.

Gordito:
Early night? What the hell’s an early night? Listen man, this is what you need, to put everything behind you and move on from these past few weeks.

Beckford: I understand that man, I really do. I appreciate everything you’ve said and I really am in a better place now than I was before I came here. I just don’t think now is a great time to be out partying.

Gordito: Maybe not a party, perhaps more a celebration.

Beckford:
Celebration?

Gordito:
Yeah, look at this way. Since you lost your mother you were straight into the Kingdom Come match then afterwards you have had to deal with the loss of the EurAsian Championship and now we’re heading full steam towards Redemption with the first Meltdown on that path. You’ve had time to grieve on journeys and overnight stops but you haven’t had time to sit back and celebrate your mother life. To remember her for whom she was and what she gave you. Remember the good memories over a drink, baby.

Beckford: You know what man, you’re right. I haven’t had chance to sit back and remember the good times I had with my mother. To look back on everything she did for me and, you know you’re right I should take the time to celebrate her life.

Gordito:
That’s what I’m talking about, baby. So what do you say? Are you going to stay for a night in the Pit?

Beckford:
Yeah why not. It’s time I put all this disappointment behind me. Get back on track and have some fun. It starts here and continues on Meltdown when we defeat Blade and Baez.

Gordito: Yeah you know it. That’s what I’m talking about man.

Beckford:
Let’s do it.

*Gordito looks over towards the bar*

Gordito:
Hey, bring us four Tequilas and a couple of beers…. *He turns back to Beckford* So tell me about your mother.

Beckford:
Well, she really was a strong person, always looking out for others and………

*The sound cut's mid sentence as the scene fades*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back