MD44: Alex Steele & Tucker Graham vs. Matt Fox & Mark Hancock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thriller Ant

Beep Bop Boop
Tucker Graham and Alexander Steele took on the tag champs in separate singles matches last week, with Steele unable to get past Hunter Kravinoff on Meltdown and Graham defeating the monstrous Wasabi Toyota on Ascension. Can they continue their roll as a tag team this week against two men who made unsuccessful returns to WZCW last week in Matt Fox and Mark Hancock?

Deadline is Tuesday 10th August 23:59 EST

Sitting in a dark corner in bar in Chicago. You can’t see Hancock’s face but the on the table is a laptop and a coke.

Hancock: I love to prepare for matches in here. Bars are where the filth of the earth gather like flys to sugar water. You see the inner core of the human spirit.

A drunk man stumbles into a man playing pool. The pool player turns around and immediately starts a fight with the drunk man. The drunken man goes down in two punches but the pool player refuses to quit. He picks up his pool cue and stares at it with a evil look. He raises it over his head and swings with nothing in his hand. He looks behind him and Hancock smashes the cue into the man’s head.The man falls to the ground as blood starts to gush out of the gash in his forehead. Hancock drops the cue and walks out onto the Chicago streets.

Hancock: You see men who hug their children in the day turn into cold blooded killers at night. The metamorphisis is amazing. The real life werewolves of the world. But this is only one type of monsters in this city. From people like my father who thrive in this world.

We pan to a father talking to a hooker while the child sits in the passenger seat.

Hancock: To the people who resort to drugs to take them away from this horrible world.

We now see a drug dealer talking to some 14 year old boys.

Hancock: And that brings me to the match. I’ll talk about Graham first. In my mind, he is no different than that dealer back there. All people that need drugs to truly experience life, is handicapped. They use drugs as their crutch and will fall right on their face if they get off of it. He is weak and needs to be snapped back into reality. I know Graham tried to life the perfect life but he failed, which makes him even weaker in my eyes. Am I supposed to blame people who were born on the pipe. Who were born into families that encouraged this crutch? No, they have never experienced reality, they have always lived in the dream world. Graham is weaker than them because he has experienced perfection, and spit on it and threw it away. He grabbed those crutches and loved every minute of it. I am going to love smashing your face in.

Now Steele, I understand you. We are almost the same person. We grew up into fighting and our father guided us into this. But this is what makes me the greater fighter than you. You went into the wrestling scene of your own free will. I was thrusted into those basements and had my bones broken. You were trained, I had to survive. I SAW THE INNER REACHES OF HELL AND NOW I HAVE RETURNED!

Breathes to calm him down

And I returned to the sport that brought me to that hell. I have the drive and need to fight. You are modest, while I know I’m the greatest wrestler that has ever stepped in that WZCW ring. I have the drive and determination that will bring me past these petty tag team matches into the main event of Kingdom Come!

A flickering flame. A candle burning. A face appears in the dull light, it's Matthew Fox. Blood shot eyes stare into the tiny flame as it dances upon the air. Hair a tangled mess hangs in front of his face. Nothing more can be seen. Fox's eyes slowly move up from the flame to stare into the camera. No expression, no emotion.

Fox: Accept me as I am
Accept what I must be
Please don't try to change my soul
Cause then I won't be free

What I feel is what I am
What I am is what I feel
Even when its ugly and dark
Its what’s inside, its what is real

I know I'm not perfect
I know I have flaws
I know I've made mistakes
But some, you were the cause

And now you want to change me
Have you gone insane?
You know I am only human
I'm not your pet to train

So accept me as I am
Accept what I must be
And if you can't accept it
Then you can go straight to hell...

Fox runs a hand through his hair and leans back, his face is now barely visible in the small flickering flame.

Fox: Why not accept me WZCW? Because I simply am who I am to be? Is it really so wrong to become the person you are destined to be? I do not think it is, I think it is a wonderful thing, a wonderful experience when one can honestly say I know who I really am. So for that you hate me, you boo me and you do not want me here. However I am here and I am here to stay. I will be the thorn in the side of this organization, that won't go away, so you might as well accept me. As you all can see that despite the outcome of my return match, I am still here and I am as healthy as can be. I lost by count out, it happens, Phoenix took a path I would have expected. He used me as a means to lessen his own brewing frustrations. Well played Phoenix, well played. Yet do not for one second take your victory as evidence that you are better than me. You are not, you got lucky, I underestimated you. My loss was my own doing. However a victory is indeed that, a victory. It does not matter the means you use to get there as long as you make it and you did. Well done. However the downside to your victory means that I want my own revenge. You tried to crush my throat, as it is I am just now getting my voice back. I will not let your assault against me go unpunished. Oh no Phoenix, you are not going to be that lucky. When fate deems it time for our paths to cross again, you can be assured I will walk away victorious.

Fox leans forward again, a sneer spreading across his face. He sighs quietly nearly blowing the flame out, but it manages to keep flickering and springs back to life. Fox glances down at it, before looking back up into the camera.

Fox: My soul... it bleeds for you WZCW. It's bleed a steady stream of sorrow. Sorrow for what you have brought onto yourselves. You should have listened from the beginning, that I am not here to destroy anyone and everyone that I see fit to destroy. It bleeds for you out of pity, pity that your ignorance will lead to your destruction. It will continue to bleed until WZCW is put out of it's misery, which I am going to enjoy doing. This destruction that I speak of will start with my next match, a match I look forward too being a part of.

Fox: Alex Steele and Tucker Graham... congratulations are in order, you are destined to be the first casualties of this war I am waging on this company. You will become martyrs for you sacrifice. The Devil has granted me this perfect opportunity to show this place what is in store for it. Correct me if I am wrong you two were victorious in your last matches were you not? You are also supposedly making a run for the tag team championship. So how perfect is it that I and this Hancock I am teaming with will destroy you? It is very perfect you see, because two such competitors as yourself are not usually easy to take down, you are what is called a challenge. So when I defeat you and I show you both and show everyone that you are not a challenge, then this company will take me seriously. It‘s nothing personal boys, it‘s my mission, my purpose in life. You two are just unlucky enough to have crossed my path.

Fox grins devilishly into the camera. However it does not last long as he stares at the candle's flame, a serious look creeping across his face.

Fox: Hancock, I do not know you, I do not care about you, I do not want to be friends with you or partners with you. However as the management in this God forsaken company deemed it necessary to team us up, so be it, I have to tag with you and I will. Just know that if you do not hold up you side of the match, I will destroy you as well. If you so happen though, to prove yourself a worthy partner in this match, you will be left untouched and afterwards we both go our own ways. Sound good?

Fox takes a deep breath and slowly and softly exhales, watching as his breath pushes the flame around. His eyes never leave it once as he grins and holds his hand over the flame. It licks against the palm of his hand, but he still holds it there for a while longer. When he does finally pull his hand away he runs it through his hair and looks up at the camera.

Fox: This very candle that has been burning throughout this promo is very symbolic of this company in a way, as is the very shadows of this room and myself. You see the candle is the WZCW, the flame is it‘s future. As time goes by the candle melts more and more, getting smaller and smaller as the future slowly burns out. The flame and candle themselves are fairly small in comparison to the shadows in this room. The shadows represent myself... overpowering and dominating. WZCW, your a small flame in a room of shadows. Get it yet? The shadows are soon going to overpower the insignificant flame and soon the flame will be snuffed out.

The scene fades to black as Fox smiles wickedly one last time before blowing the candle out.

Saturday, 31 July 2010
Tampa, Florida
Meltdown Arena

Following his match, Alex sits on a bench in the men’s locker room pulling off his wrestling boots and packing them into a duffel bag when Mazi comes bursting into the room. He blinks and stares at her, his face devoid of any emotion regarding what happened just moments ago. Mazi appears to be enraged at what happened out in the ring and begins walking toward him.

“That was bullshit! Just what the fuck does management think their doing, having you lose to that old bastard?”

She huffs as she stands in front of her man, how doesn’t respond at all nor does he look up at her and give her the time of day for her ranting. Alex continues dressing out in his street clothes as Mazi appears to be getting even angrier.

“What is wrong with you? Why aren’t you pissed off that you just got beat by the poster child for dementia?”

“Because it’s not worth it.”

He answers simply, giving it no extra thought, just rolling on with pulling his shoes on. Alex does look up at his girlfriend who isn’t impressed by his answer.

“Oh come on, you’re ten times the wrestler that he is. He’s wrestled imaginary bears probably named Yogi and Booboo while you’ve stood toe to toe with true greats like Jay Jerzey and Myke Adams. If he were Jerzey you’d be pissed beyond belief.”

“Well he’s not Jerzey, he’s not Adams, he’s not Champion, and this is not SCCW Mazi.”

Alex stands up as he answers her, she was getting too close and his sudden lift to his feet pushed her a few feet back from him.

“There is no point in being angry about losing to someone who obviously took advantage of a situation. He’s one half of the tag team champions and I left him get away with a victory over me. The rules are different here, the talent is drastically different here and there is as always a learning curve.”

“But you won your first match here and that’s been it so far, you’ve lost every other encounter you’ve had.”

He shakes his head as Mazi crosses her arms over her chest, concealing the cleavage she had showing at that time due to the clothing she was wearing. She waits for his response which seems to go on too long.

“I beat Holmes because he wasn’t ready to face me, he underestimated me and I taught him how a true wrestler does business in that ring. But you’re right, I have lost every other encounter I’ve had, but it’s not been for the lack of trying. I can’t expect to win every match, but I will win them when it truly counts.”

Alexander sighs lightly and picks up his gym bag and look at Mazi. She can see that there is more to this than he is letting on, something is on his mind but she knows better than to push it at the moment.

“Well hopefully Tucker will be able to get one over Toyota…”

Mazi mutters as she puts her hand into his and the two walk out of the locker room, saying nothing else at the moment.

“Yeah, hopefully…”

The scene fades to black as Alex says these last two words.

Monday, 02 August 2010
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
The Steele Apartment

“Alex, what’re we doing back here in Simcoe County?”

Mazi asks seemingly irritated at being back in Canada, while falling onto the couch that they left behind due to Alex being unable to break his lease.

“Nothing, we can’t just take a break from the states and come up here? My lease isn’t up for another six months anyways, we might as well enjoy it.”

He replies and sits down next to her as he turns the television on and slips an arm around her. Mazi looks at him and begins to wonder just what it is that he’s got on his mind. Ever since Saturday something hasn’t been exactly right with him but she hadn’t pushed him to speak about it.

“What’s wrong Alex? You know you can talk to me.”

Alex looks over at her and offers her his trademark smile, gentle, warm, and charismatic. It looks as though he won’t tell her what’s bothering him if anything is at all.

“I’ve realized something in the past couple of weeks, I’m not trying to step out of my father’s shadow, I am trying to not be like my father. You see, there are a few things you don’t exactly know about my family and the most important thing is exactly what I’m keeping myself from doing.”

“Which is?”

Mazi asks, curious now, she’s never heard Alex talk like this before to her, he seems completely in control of his emotions and is certainly thinking over what he has to say to her.

“Becoming obsessed. My father was obsessed with a few things in his life, most of it wrestling orientated, and when I was facing off against Champion, I felt myself becoming just like the old man. That’s the real reason I left SCCW but there are things that even I can’t escape.”

Her eyes widen some at his comment, she knows exactly what he’s talking about but doesn’t exactly believe that he’ll do anything about it. She just shakes her head and scoots closer to him as he pulls his arm tighter around her shoulders.

“I’ll support you in whatever you decide to do Alex, but just don’t get hurt.”

The scene fades to black as Alex turns his head to face the television once more and smiles slightly, the shape of his lips forming more of a smirk.

Friday, 06 August 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
The Steele Residence

“Hey Tuck, sorry I missed you man, great job on your match with Toyota. We need to get together sometime this upcoming week before our match on Saturday. I think there are a few things we can both work on, we can use my dad’s students as training dummies. Give me a call back and let me know when you’re available. Later bud.”

Alexander’s voice is heard from the black screen as it cuts into view, showing him on the phone and apparently leaving a message for his tag team partner Tucker Graham. He was happy to have a carefree partner but he knows that he needs to keep Tucker focused at times, Alex doesn’t think that will be very hard at all. He hangs up the phone and turns to Mazi who’s smiling at him.

“So this week you’re taking on two failing and returning members of the roster. How do you think you guys will fair?”

Mazi shifts on the couch as she speaks to Alex, giving a slight assessment of Matt Fox and Mark Hancock.

“We’ll be fine, win or lose, we’ll be fine. Tucker’s got the speed and I’ve got the technique to take down these two slouches.”

He is confident that Reckless Youth will pull out their first team victory this week but he does sound a bit over confident.

“Keep in mind that these guys have been wrestling longer than you have Alex, don’t underestimate them.”

“Trust me Mazi, I underestimate no man or woman, if anything I overestimate these people and come away disappointed.”

Alex responds quickly to his girlfriend, wanting to make sure that she understood his route of thinking, it was simple but he did overestimate everyone he stepped into the ring with here in WZCW. Mazi feels that Alex sounds a bit too over confident and must point out to him that he hasn’t won every match he’s had.

“Yeah, disappointed with a loss.”

“Hey!”

He yells at her and glares before he jumps onto her on the couch, pinning her to the cushions as the scene fades to black.

Saturday, 07 August 2010
Meltdown Recording Studio

“Matt Fox and Mark Hancock, both are returning members of the roster apparently, both failed in their re-debut matches, giving them an air of overconfidence? Wait that’s not right, you two remind me of someone, Mr. Holmes. Losing efforts should not reward your egos fellas. However you see it though, whether Reckless Youth is to be a stepping stone or the fact that we’re just alike yet different in so many ways, it doesn’t matter.”

“Matt Fox, I’ve seen you wrestle before but for the life of me I can’t remember what it is that you actually accomplished here in WZCW. While I am grateful for getting this chance to face you, you are truly that forgettable. No one is going to remember your re-debut and no one is going to remember your part in this match besides the outcome which will be written in WZCW history books. You’re not using Reckless Youth as a stepping stone for your already failed career, you will falter when you’re in the ring with me or Tucker and in the end you’ll be wishing that you’d had kept your big mouth shut.”

Alex crosses his arms across his chest, speaking straight and to the point. He stares into the camera as he cuts his promo, as if he were looking directly at Matt Fox and Mark Hancock.

“Marcus Hancock, let’s me say this directly, don’t ever compare yourself to me again. You think that because you were thrust into the wrestling lifestyle that you’re better than me. I do this; I wrestle, because I love it, because I want to do it. Being thrust into this lifestyle is supposed to be a choice and if you didn’t make that choice then I truly feel sorry for you. It doesn’t matter if you were made to survive, you were still trained, and trust me I had the raw end of the deal. You don’t think my father was harder on me than the rest of his students? Just because I’m a Steele doesn’t mean that I had it easy. I am the bastard child of a wrestling legend; I’ve had to prove my worth since my biological mother died. Everything I did until I became a professional wrestler was to impress my father, now I don’t get a shit about what he thinks, I know why I wrestle and before you come to the ring on Saturday, I suggest you find your reason for wrestling, otherwise you are doomed to fall to the wayside and be just as forgettable as Matthew Fox.”

He speaks, not stopping to even think about what he wanted to say, it all seems to flow from his mouth with great ease, as if he prepared this in his head days ago.

“At Meltdown, Reckless Youth faces two has-beens that need to step aside and let the youth of this company pass them by. I know this won’t happen, Fox and Hancock believe that the fans, that the company owes them something and until they are finally shown the light they’ll continue to believe this. I am lucky enough to have a very talented partner in Tucker Graham who will run circles around these two men. I on the other hand have a little aggression to work out after last week’s loss to Tarzan, how unlucky for you gentlemen that you’ve caught me on a bad week.”

“We’ll see you both at Meltdown; I’ll bring the fucking body bags.”

Alex speaks, some semblance of anger rising in his voice as he continues until he just stops and walks off of the set. The production crew is surprised to see this happen before the fade to black.

The scene fades from black and reveals a modest ranch style house on a residential street. The house sits a little back from the street with a lush green yard and a large oak tree slightly off center to the left. A yellow taxi cab pulls in front the house and stops on the street. Tucker Graham steps out of the taxi.

How much do I owe you?

The answer is inaudible, but Graham pulls out two $20 bills and hands it through the window.

Go ahead, keep the change. No problem, thanks for the lift. Have a great day.

Graham smiles as he turns around and walks up the driveway. He is looking around and taking in all of the details. He walks up on the front porch and rings the doorbell. There is a shuffle inside and a dog starts barking. After a moment a woman, who appears to be in her early 50s, opens the door.

Tucker! Oh my God!

She lunges forward and grasps onto Graham with a bear hug that makes him stumble back for a second. The dog races up and jumps on the two of them as if he wants to make it a group hug. Graham starts laughing.

Mom…mom! I can’t breathe!

Graham’s mom finally let’s go as the dog is still excitedly jumping onto Graham.

Tuck! I was beginning to think you’ve forgotten about me! Come on in!

Graham’s mom opens the front door and he walks in closely followed by the dog.

Is there anything I can get you? Pie? Spaghetti? A Turkey Sandwich?

Nah, I’m good. Let’s just sit and relax for a while.

The two of them go into a fairly cramped living room that is filled with antiques. Graham sits on a sofa while his mother sits in a recliner. The dog jumps up onto Graham’s lap and lies down with his tail wagging a million miles per hour.

How you been, mom? It’s been faaaaar too long since I’ve been home.

Graham’s mom nods her head.

It has been Tucker. But I’ve been watching you on the TV and I am very proud of you! My baby is a star!

Tucker smiles and shakes his head.

No I’m not mom. I just won my first match, and I got lucky to win that one. But a win is a win and I’m happy to take it, but I know it won’t be the last time I step into the ring with him. Hopefully next time it will be with my tag partner Alexander Steele and it’s for the tag titles.

Graham’s mom blushes for a second.

That Steele is one cutie. Too bad he got beat last week, he’s far too good looking to be sad, although I do like the way he looks when he’s angry.

Graham gives his mom a crazy look.

You haven’t changed at all have you? Still creeping on the guys. But yeah, he did lose, but hey, it’s impossible to win every match. You win some and you lose some. But I know Steele will come back and train even harder for our next match. Speaking of training, he was supposed to give me a call.

Graham pulls out his cell phone to check for any calls.

I wouldn’t even bother checking. This house is a dead zone.

He puts the phone back in his pocket before continuing.

Yeah, me and Alex have our work cut out for us this week. We are going up against two strong opponents, Matt Fox and Mark Hancock. Even though they both lost in their return matches doesn’t mean that they aren’t great wrestlers. Both of them had great success before their departures. It’s going to be a tough week, but I’m confident in me and Alex’s abilities as tag team wrestlers.

Yeah, but if you two can’t get on the same page about training, you are going to have an even tougher time in your match.

I know, I know. I just didn’t realize this house had the reception of a deserted island. But me and Alex have experience with each other. Fox and Hancock, they don’t. They have never teamed before, and that already gives us a great advantage. Alex knows what I’m good and bad at; I know his strengths and weaknesses. We are able to adapt our styles to form and unbeatable bond. Hancock and Fox, they can’t do that.

Also, me and Alex are working towards a common goal. We both want to be World Tag Team Champions!

And I know you will be. Mmmmm, just think how good Alex will look with gold around his waist.

Graham gives his mom another weird look.

We would both look good with gold around our waist. We both want to get that gold and become champions. We have a common ground to work on.

Fox and Hancock are in this for themselves. Hancock even said so himself. He wants out of this petty tag team division to go for singles gold! We will show him how petty this division is when we beat him 1-2-3 in the middle of the ring on Meltdown. But the fact is that they are both focused on singles careers. I know both of these men are willing to do whatever it takes to further their careers, but I don’t see how they will be able to work together for this match. I know this is going to be a tough, tough match because we are going against two of the craziest men in WZCW, but I am confident that we will able to pull this off.

Graham stands up and grabs a ball and begins playing fetch with the dog.

That’s my boy! I am so proud of you win or lose! Is there any way you can get me to meet Alex. He is soooo cute. I just wanna…

The scene fades to black before Graham’s mom's intentions are heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back