MD 93: GRT Quarter Finals: Matt Tastic vs. Krypto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
MeltdownLogo_zps4bdaf09b.jpg

And then there were eight. Matt Tastic and Krypto shocked the world by getting past their counterparts in the first round. Now, they have a chance to turn a mountain of momentum into a win in round 2. Will the lovable green alien, Krypto, be able to fulfill his role as the ultimate underdog, or will the super saiyan, Matt Tastic, be too powerful to overcome. Stay tuned to find out!

Deadline is Wednesday, September 4th, 11:59 PM Central Time. Extensions via request.

The fate of worlds can hang in the balance of a simple win or loss. And sometimes one's emotions can be the key to victory or the instrument of destruction. Doubting your abilities may hold you back. And your letting your darkest desires overcome you can lead to your biggest loss. Young Gohan found that out the hard way when his desire for cold blooded revenge on Cell led to his fathers death. He also learned how doubting himself nearly cost him the life of every being on the planet. He was young boy. And the amazing battle turned him into a mature fighter that knew that even the smallest battle can have the biggest of consequence. That every move counts.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Days have gone by after Matt Tastic defeated Dr. Zeus. His next opponent in the Gold Rush Tournament is Krypto. The small alleged alien. Matt's been focused on training for his matches as of late as he's felt like he's been too laid back. His win over Zeus was more due to circumstance than actual skill and as such doubt still roams around fans. It's August 30th and Matt is out of his house jogging. Equipped with a 50 pound weight vest, a 5 pound wristband on each, a 1 pound glove on each hand and 5 pound bands on each ankle, Matt roams the streets of Irvine, California with his headphones on under the 95 degree sun.

Matt: “It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A. It's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.”

He keeps on going with glee in his face. But something makes him slow down and eventually stop. A peculiar scene catches his attention. Across the street. A young couple walk together. Holding hands. Matt goes from jolly to stoic and looks on as thoughts go through him. The small battle he lost and paid an unexpected price. Now he finds himself alone when at home. In WZCW, the crowd is always there to support him. But no legion of fans can fill the gap of having one person always be there the circumstance. Always there to back you up. In an odd contrast, his opponent earned the blessing that Matt himself lost. Krypto has Missy by his side. Helping him endure the loss to Mister Alhazred and defeat D.C.

Matt: …...*sigh*.......

Matt keeps on walking. Shaking off whatever negative emotion he feels. Regret. Sadness. Loneliness. The solace to all this is Matt has become over the years a role model of sorts for his fans. Admiring his courage. And learning from his mistakes. If his colleagues learn from those mistakes remains in question though. But right now, the Gold Rush Tournament is whats most important.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Several hours after Matt's jog, he goes down his street. Another peculiar site catches his eye. A broken down car and an old man dealing with it. Matt stops and looks noticing the man is frustrated. The car is most likely broken down. He heads off to see what the issue is.

Matt: Hey, is something wrong?

Old Man: Yes. Wow, wait a minute. Aren't you that wrestler? Umm... Yeah, Matt Tastic.

Matt: Ah, shucks. Thanks for recognizing me.

Old Man: Big fan. Glad to see you beat that crazy doctor. Anyway, it seems the car won't start for some reason.

Matt: What do you mean? Dead battery?

Old Man: No, no. All the lights and electronics work, but turning the starter doesn't turn it on.

Matt: You think it's the starter?

Old Man: Yes.

Matt: Let me see.

Matt takes a peek into the motor to see if he can stop any issue. The car seems to be well maintained. An up to date red Toyota Prius.

Matt: OK. It seems you've got some wiring issues here. It is the starter. You have a screwdriver?

Old Man: Yes. Here.

Matt: OK, start it. And keep it turned all the way.

Old Man: Turn the key and keep it on!

Matt: Someone's in the car?

The old man tells Matt to go for it. Matt takes the screwdriver and dives into the motor and after performing some unseen maneuvers, the car begins to react and start up. It takes a bit but it turns on. Matt emerges with a face full of soot though.

Matt: *cough* *cough* There. *cough*

Old Man: Thanks a lot. I did not expect to see someone like you even show up let alone help a poor old man like me.

Matt: Well, I live right there. Besides, it's a pleasure to help anyone who needs it. Especially a fan of mine.

Old Man: Pleasure is all mine, Mr. Tastic. I wish you luck in your tournament.

Matt: No prob and thanks. But take it straight to the...... HEY!!

The old man walks off as the car remains on. Matt thought the old man was riding on the car but now it seems that wasn't the case. Matt looks on as the old man leaves as the driver door opens. The now presumed owner of the Prius. A beautiful young woman in a beautifully woven white dress and emerges leaving the soot covered Matt with his jaw on the floor.

???: Thank you very much for your help, Mr. Tastic.

Matt: ….huh??.... You know who I am too?

???: I'm quite a fan of your work too, darling.

Matt: “Darling”?

???: I must say though I'm very thankful for your assistance. You said something about “taking it straight” and then dropping your jaw. I assume you meant a mechanic.

Matt: …..yeah......

???: OK then. I'll be seeing you around then, Mr. Tastic. I'd hate to have it break down again. Ciao.

The young lady gets in her car and drives off as Matt looks on waving. In a trance.

Matt: ….Ciao? Is that french or something?
Son of a bitch, why didn't I ask for her number?!
F*CK!?! I didn't even get her damn NAME!! AGGHH!!!

The frustrated Matt walks off to his house. His face full of soot, his clothes full of sweat and his hands over his head after screwing up with that girl. Funny enough, Matt's never been all that smooth with women.

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

A few hours go by and Matt roams around the house bored. The single life of a person that doesn't like to drink or party can be very damn boring when he has no family or friends around. He literally paces around his living room with the TV on. Nothing in particular on, just commercials. But suddenly, Destiny knocks at the door.

*Knock Knock*

Matt: Who could that be?

Matt heads to open the door. To his shock, it's the young lady from earlier. Matt at first looks on with his eyes bugging out. Then he closes the door and looks around. Trying to make sense of things. The girl knocks on the door and Matt opens it again as she greets him with a large smile.

???: I hope I'm not imposing. I just wanted to thank you for the help earlier.

Matt: …......How'd you?

???: If you're going to wonder how I found your house, you should remember mentioning it to the kind senior gentleman who also helped me earlier.

Matt: ….oh... Right. I did.You're ho- I mean it's hot. Would you like some water?

???: Why yes, please. I'm parched.

Matt: You're what? -oh. Don't just stand there. Come on in and make yourself comfortable.

???: Why thank you, darling. It's very kind of you.

She walks in as Matt serves her the water. She sits by the kitchen counter in a very sophisticated manner.

???: So tell me Mr. Tastic, how goes your job in WZCW? I was quite surprised to find you live here. I thought you were more of a country boy.

Matt: Please. Just call me Matt. Well for a good 3 years, I was going from hotel to hotel actually. I bought this house after I took some time off to settle down and recover.

???: That's very interesting. And the house is quite nice. Could use some better décor, though.I saw your win last week. That crazy doctor had it coming for too long.

Matt: …..yeah..... You'd think I'd be happy about that. But something just bugs me about it.

???: What is it?

Matt: I don't know.... I guess that since I won by taking advantage of him being distracted, people see it as a fluke win. That I prayed on a moment of weakness rather than just being good. It makes me doubt. It also sounds as if I cheated to win. Not really my M.O. In a standard match.

???: If I recall, you did the same thing with Big Dave years back. But Matt, I've heard from you that your dream is to be World Champion. You had a chance and you took it. You didn't hit him low. You didn't use the ropes. He turned his back to you. Are you really thinking it would've been better to wait for him to turn back and fight? And risk losing out on your dream? It's questionable, but it wasn't wrong.

Matt: I guess.

???: No, don't guess. You need to be sure. You need to be sure about what you did and will do because you still have 3 more matches to go before you can face the World Champion. This isn't about morality, Matt. This is about reaching your goals. And sometimes to reach those goals, some questionable things may have to be done. You still have lots of fans who support you, so you haven't crossed any lines yet darling. So focus on winning. Not being sporty. Nor what people on the internet think. It's why you were running with all that heavy junk, wasn't it?

Matt: Oh, man. I'm still full of sweat, huh.

???: It's Destiny, so you know.

Matt: What?

Destiny: My name. You're not a very sociable one when you're out of the ring, are you?

Matt: No. Sorry.

Destiny: Don't be. You went to help the old man. He had been at it with my car for nearly an hour and people just kept going by. I stayed in the car to not get dirty but I'm certain any man would rush to “help” if they saw me. You're different. I like that. It's a pleasure to meet such a strong, kind-hearted everyday hero like yourself.

Matt: Pleasure's all mine. And thanks for the pep talk. I needed the morale boost.

Destiny: Great. Now I wish you the best of luck in your match with that disgusting green man-child, Krypto. I'll be there to watch, but ugh. His fashion sense is as repulsive as his unkempt green skin.

Matt: You're going to Oklahoma?

Destiny: I have business there. So I'll stop to see the show. And my favorite wrestler.

Matt: Me?

Destiny: El Califa Dragon.

Matt: Damn him.

Destiny: Focus on beating that man child, dear.

Matt: He's a fun guy though. Though a little odd. I kinda envy the fact that he has a girlfriend.

Destiny: Puh-lease, darling. Don't shoot yourself down like that. With your stature and kind heart, you could hook any fish in the sea. Especially when you have so many admirers. Don't you dare think that green oddball has anything over you. You're far more experienced and even dress much better. Not to mention you don't spend your time stealing other people's toys or messing with crazy giant people.

Matt: Haha. True. I'll win. I want to win that title too badly. He actually says losses don't matter. That's a pretty ignorant thing to say.

Destiny: He only says that because he hasn't lost something dear to him. But anyway, I need to get going. I have work to do. I hope to see you before your match.

Matt: OK, I--

Matt and Destiny shake hands as she prepares to leave and even share a small hug. But a stain makes it's way onto her beautiful white dress. She's quick to notice.

Matt: Oops. Seems it got dirty. Here, let me--

Destiny: OH DEAR, OH DEAR, OH DEAR! My dress! This is simply the Worst. Thing. Ever.

She runs off to her car freaking out over the dress as Matt looks on perplexed.

Matt: You alright?

Destiny: I vant to be alone!

Matt: ….huh? OK then? Oh, when you get to the arena, call me. I'll let you in backstage. My phone is 787-806-62........ -sniff- Holy crap I need a bath. And dammit all, I still don't have her number.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

We find Matt walking backstage at the Santa Ana Star Center for a house show. He's set for a match in a bit. But first has an interview with Johnny Klamor.

Johnny Klamor: Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Johnny Klamor and today standing by me is the man who somehow defeated Dr. Zeus to move to the next round of the Gold Rush tournament, Matt Tastic. Mr. Tastic, you face Krypto in the next round of the tournament. A win will send you to Redemption. But my first question is how can you look in the mirror after ending such a bright star's undefeated streak the way you did? You took advantage of the situation to steal the win.

Matt: Well that's a cute way of putting it. But the truth is you are right. I can't look myself in the mirror. I did not manage to beat him decisively. No one ever really gave me a chance against him and me beating him when he was distracted doesn't really make it seem like I'm the better man. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to win. A World Championship opportunity was up for grabs and I had to make a judgment call. Take the chance then and risk a once in a lifetime chance or let the nutjob get his wits about and choke me out again. I did take advantage but he was foolish enough to let himself get distracted in such an important match.

Klamor: That's a cheap excuse. Blame it on him?

Matt: Listen Klammy, I know what you're saying and I know you are right. But I did not feel like gambling a shot at the World title. I've been working for 4 years for this. There is a goal I wish to reach and I share that goal with the people here and everywhere The 'Z goes. It's not just me, Klamor. It's “we”. Because we're Invincible.

Klamor: Well then. Regardless, now you face Krypto. Who also pulled off an upset by beating DC. What's your plan for him?

Matt: It's kind of fitting that we're here in New Mexico. So close to Roswell. Where Krypto first landed. Scaring the crap out of the locals before being dragged off to Area 51. And then babysat by Saboteur and Action Saxton. But personally, I feel we really need to be careful. We should not let this guy run around unsupervised. For all we know, he could be stealing our cattle and probing them.

Klamor: WHAT?!

Matt: Think of the steaks, Klamor. How that barbarian just wastes perfectly good steaks just to look at 'em. I find that sick. Sick beyond belief.

Matt pulls out a can and shows it to Klamor. The can reads “Alien Repellant”.

Matt: Here. Arm yourself. But in all seriousness, I know Krypto is a cool little dude. Whether he's really from another planet or not is an interesting question, but it's obvious he marches to the beat of his own drum. I can respect that. He lives to have fun with life. I can also respect that. He has a girlfriend. A human one. I can..... Damn, I envy that. Lucky bastard. But there is one thing about him just cannot respect.

Klamor: “Losses don't matter”?

Matt: Exactly.In a sudden death tournament match. For a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. That losses don't matter. Krypto..... A loss led to me needing back surgery. A loss led to me losing my girlfriend. A loss.... can come with some very dear consequences, buddy. You got a lucky break once and now you think there's no consequence to worry about? Because of losses, a lot of people say I'm a choker. Even the smallest battle needs to be fought to win. Because you never know what can happen if you lose.

Klamor: I thought losses made you stronger, “Super Saiyan”. Now you think they're bad?

Matt: I say what I say because of a lot of obstacles I've managed to overcome, Klamor. Some have come with a very dear price. It's a test of your character, yeah. You learn to cope. To adapt. It drives you to do things you didn't think could be done before much like I did against Dr. Zeus. But Krypto just takes all that and brushes it aside. I hope you take good care of Missy, my friend. Because I truly wonder what would you do if you ever lose her. Brush it off? Say it doesn't matter and move on? Maybe it's because you're supposedly from another planet that you don't get it. Or maybe it's because you're plain ignorant. I know you being admitted to the tournament despite the loss to Alhazred makes you think that way, but you can't erase a scar from your body and you can't erase a loss from your record. The game can change in the blink of an eye if you go into battle thinking all you need to do is be able to walk out. And the outcome could be one that you do not like at all.

Klamor: You're being pretty ignorant yourself thinking you can win this thing just like that.That Krypto is very unpredictable. He can surprise you the same way you surprised Zeus.

Matt: It's a desire to make it all the way, Klamor. I'm the One Big Constant here. I've got nothing against Krypto, but I've been like the heart of this company for many years and right now, I want to do more than just row the boat forward. I'm sorry but Krypto's getting a delivery of Kickassery. I won't give up the fight because look who I'm fighting for.

Matt pulls Klamor out to the arena where the crowd cheers on. Matt points to each and every one of them.

Matt: I fight for him. For the girl with the balloon. The kid in the Showtime shirt. The weird dude with the Califa mask on. The family holding the large “Tastic 4 Champ” sign. They are what makes this business thrive. And we're what makes them invest in us. I go out there each and every day to show I can be the best. And a lot of them back me up and believe it. But how can I prove I'm the best when I don't have the solid proof of it? I want that title shot. I need that title shot. I dream of that title shot. And I know it's not a matter of “if I can get it”. It's a matter of “when”. And the fans agree. Krypto's great. And his time will come. Someday. But not today. I want to win. And I don't do this just for me, Klamor. I do it for “We”. Because “We're Invincible”.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

The stage is set for the second round of the Gold Rush tournament. Matt Tastic seems armed and ready to do battle against the unpredictable Krypto. Motivated by the young lady's rousing talk, it seems Matt is also more at piece in his own home as well. Regardless, with the World title shot on the line all focus must fall on the match at hand. Can Matt stream together the victory that will send him to Redemption? Only time will tell. The battle won't be easy. But Matt is clearly going all in.

The Khronicles of Krypto

It’s Morphing Time!!!

[YOUTUBE]X_g_r8odOlg[/YOUTUBE]​

As the intro theme to one of the many popular seasons of the Super Sentai series mostly referred to as Power Rangers, Krypto can be seen in front of the TV practically mystified by what he is seeing. He is also fully decked out in Power Rangers pajamas like a kid on Saturday morning. In fact it actually is a Saturday morning which is why a slightly irritated Missy who was rudely awakened by the volume of the program is confused after she walks into her living room to see it’s almost been fully covered in posters of Jason David Frank. (Also known as the infamous Green Ranger)

Missy: Krypto what are you doing?

Krypto: Just watching the greatest thing humans have ever produced.

Missy: The Power Rangers?

Krypto: Of course, I can’t believe how amazing this documentary is.

Missy: Um….do you know what a documentary is?

Krypto: Yes, a program which represents factual happenings.

Missy: Exactly….but you’re watching the Power Rangers.

Krypto: I know, it’s amazing how someone was able to chronicle the lives of Earth’s Mightiest Defenders all for my viewing pleasure. I mean until recently I didn’t even know these almost futuristic warriors existed, they protect your planet from monsters and mutants yet seemingly get no praise from humans except maybe the eight year olds.

Missy: But it’s a fictional-

Krypto: Did you also know there are dozens upon dozens of different variations and themes the Rangers have acquired, they’re very trendy. They have Ninja Storm, Jungle Fury, Dino Thunder, Turbo, Mystic Force, Samurai, Time Force, and you know I can’t forget the original Mighty Morphing Team. Tommy was so dreamy.

Missy: I’m surprised you’re not a bigger fan of Power Rangers in space or Space Patrol Delta.

Krypto: Oh just because I’m an alien I have to fall into certain stereotypes my predecessors have left behind? I expected this kind of racism from the rest of WZCW, but not you Missy.

Missy: *Face Palm*…..why are you even all of sudden so interested in the rangers?

Krypto: Simple really, I’m facing Matt Tastic in the second round of the Gold Rush tournament and needed to understand him better. His passion, his drive, his motivation is reminiscent of a Ranger. Thinking about it now it’s almost a little unfair how much he’s been hogging all of this power to himself.

Missy: I think his talent may come from a little bit more than that Krypto.

Krypto: Maybe, but ultimately the most interesting thing about Tastic is his never give up attitude…..except for that time he did give up after being defeated by Rush at All or Nothing. Ironically the same place that I suffered a devastating defeat that sent me to brink of my sanity. The difference is I didn’t need to stop to realize that I’m still destined for great things eventually, and unlike Tastic I still have all the time in the world to accomplish them.

Missy: Unfair assessment, Matt has been with WZCW for nearly four years. What’s the problem him taking a brief period off to re-valuate some things?

Krypto: Because that’s the problem, Tastic has been in WZCW for a tremendous amount of time and he always comes up short when it matters the most. Sure he can have great matches against the top competitors of the company but can’t seem to beat them when it counts.

Missy: Who are you to criticize anyone when it comes to not being able to get to the next level? Besides Tastic beat Dr. Zeus last round, a man who has been on an undefeatable rampage before Tastic gave him his first loss.

Krypto: Yes I realize that and great for him, this match in and of itself is something nobody thought would come into fruition. Nobody thought Tastic would beat Zeus; nobody could even envision me overcoming D.C. The problem is I didn’t need the well timed distraction of Steven Kurtesy, a man I beat by the way, to help me overcome my challenge. All I needed was me myself, I didn’t even ask you to be out there with me and I still managed to defeat my opponent in a fair and decisive victory.

Missy: Are you saying you don’t need me?

Krypto: I’m saying I don’t realize what was so great about Tastic getting a cheap victory and being praised like he’s somehow already advanced past me while I arguably overcame a bigger threat yet people somehow still doubt me.

Missy: Come on Krypto did you hear the way the fans chanted your name? They know just how capable you are of winning.

Krypto: It’s not them I’m concerned about; it’s every other human backstage. I realize Tastic is not as arrogant or confident in himself as some of my other adversaries (though just like all the other untalented humans I'm sure he'll try but fail at making sub par extra-terrestrial jokes) but there is no doubt he’s probably on the fictional cloud you humans call nine. He thinks he’s beaten his greatest challenge in this tournament and while I’m not easy pickings I’m simply just a warm up for the rest of his matches. That’s simply not the case, all that passion; that drive, the determination and realization that nobody believes he can win, that potential to prove people wrong that he feeds off of, it’s slowly fading away the longer he competes. He thinks he’s still the ultimate underdog and some kind of underground hero but he doesn’t realize in the last year I’ve overtaken him as the fan’s underdog, their go to hero, their unexpected savior. When he steps in the ring with me he’ll realize he just might be the favorite to win, and then I’ll pull the rug from up under him and win in an upset, just like I always do, just like I always will.

Missy: Then why are you angry? If believe in yourself so much then why does it irk when you’re not the favorite to win.

Krypto: It doesn’t irk me, it motivates me, whether or not Tastic believes it or not there will never be another competitor such as I that no matter who I beat, no matter what I accomplish, that all the other wrestlers in the back think they can beat, regardless of whether they “respect” my ability or not. I’ve come to realize in my year on Earth it’s a curse I’ll just have to live with. But while that is my burden Tastic must come to grips with the fact he may never make it to that next level, that maybe he’s just not destined to make it a top the mountain and that he needs to become comfortable where he’s at.

Missy: And what if you’re just like him, what if you’re able to defeat him and just come close to the top tier but never quite make it and stay exactly where you are?

Krypto: Then tough luck, it’s not like anybody expects me to make it there anyway, because unlike Tastic people don’t expect me to win and they surely don’t expect me to become World Heavyweight Champion, but just like before that’s not going to stop me from proving them wrong achieving things no extraterrestrial before me has.

Missy: I’m still not seeing how Power Rangers factor into all of this.

Krypto: Simple really, most people are not destined to be the leader, they’re not good enough to be the Red Ranger, maybe they’re just talented enough to be the Blue Ranger, if they’re lucky enough maybe the Yellow Ranger. Matt Tastic while all of his great accomplishments aside, he's a second string Blue Ranger. He's meant to be always a part of the group but he's really just a background character meant to fill up the space. But others….people like me….we’re a different breed of Ranger.

The alien rips off his pajamas to reveal a classic Mighty Morphing Green Ranger suit.

Krypto: We’re not the leader.

The alien straps on his morpher

Krypto: We’re not the sidekick.

He then slides his huge head into the plus size Ranger helmet and presses play on Missy’s ipod.

[YOUTUBE]7Wt6XlVob_E[/YOUTUBE]​

Krypto: We are however the coolest part of the show and whether people want to admit the most interesting and unique thing about the program.

Krypto then does a couple of backflips and badly timed round house kicks followed by an action pose.

Krypto: I AM THE GREEN RANGER!!!!! AND IT’S MORPHING TIME!!!!!!

Following the adrenaline he’s provided himself Krypto dives through the Missy’s apartment window before ill fating realizing he can’t fly, however he lucky lands directly on top of a man wearing all black clothing and a ski mask knocking him unconscious. Seemingly not far behind is a woman who frantically grabs a purse that seems to belong to her from under the man.

Female Pedestrian: Thank god you stopped that thug he stole my purse.

Krypto: Um….all in the days work ma’am.

Female Pedestrian: Who are you anyway?

Krypto: Me? I’m Green Ranger, most commonly known as Krypto, and soon enough, with a little heart, determination, and pure skill only my species can provide, I’ll be your next World Champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back