• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD 70: Constantine vs. Big Dave (KFAD Qualifier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Big Dave has returned from the brutal attacks that Steven Holmes and Constantine gave him a few weeks back. Oddly enough, he returns in the last singles contest he was involved in: against the man known as John Constantine. With payback on his mind as well as a spot in the KFAD Elimination Chamber at Kingdom Come IV, Dave is looking to put the politician in his place. Can Dave do so or will Constantine prove to be too much for Dave?

Deadline is Tuesday, March 20th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Constantine pulls the towel off of his head in disgust. It has been hours since the disaster that was the Lethal Lottery. Still, the horrible feeling in his gut will not subside. He knows that he has allowed his moment in the spotlight to slip out of his grasp. He knows that his chance to become a name in lights as WZCW Heavyweight Champion has gone and his chance to main event the biggest event in the WZCW calendar has become nothing more than a memory.

There is silence in the locker room. Inside of Constantine's head, the wheels of calculation whir and spin. He shakes his head for a moment before the door at the end of the locker room busts open. In the doorway, WZCW rookie Johnny Scumm stands with his hand to his head, an ice pack clutched therein. The expression on his face is a mixture of disappointment and anger. He notices Constantine sitting in the corner of the dark room but carelessly ventures into the room nonetheless. Constantine lets out a hearty sigh as Scumm makes his way across the room and sits beside the Power Trip.

Scumm:
Not your night either, huh?

Constantine remains quiet as the beam of light from the now open door illuminates his bruised body. Scumm simply nods his head, perhaps knowing that he was never likely to receive an answer from the outcast politician.

Scumm: Yeah, I know how you feel, man!

Constantine sits in silence but there is tension in the air. Something which Scumm doesn't seem to notice.

Scumm: I mean, there I was with my Lethal Lottery number in my hand. I was going to the big time. I was going to the main event at Kingdom Come... And then Boom! A steel chair to the back of the head later and I'm looking up at the lights 15 minutes later and my Lethal Lottery spot has gone to some other jackass.

Constantine, surprisingly, lets out a chortle of derision in the direction of Scumm. Scumm immediately drops his ice pack from the back of his head and looks as Constantine.

Scumm: Got something to say, Trip?

Constantine: Listen, Kid, this was never going to be our night. You didn't even make it to the Lethal Lottery match and here you are nursing your wounds.

Scumm takes issue with Constantine's words and feels the need to jump back into the conversation.

Scumm: Yeah because of a damn cheap shot!

Constantine again giggles at the naïvety of the young upstart.

Constantine: Trust me, Kid, I've been doing this for a long time now. I've been in the ring with everyone from the top of the roster to the bottom. I've been across the ring with Ty Burna, Big Dave, Showtime David Cougar and Steven Holmes. I've wrestled legends of this business like Titus and Everest and came out on top on more than one occasions. So trust me when I tell you that you would never have won the Lethal Lottery tonight.

Scumm: Well you haven't been in the ring with someone like Johnny Scumm. You can trust me when I tell you that I would have had the Lottery wrapped up if I'd made it to the match.

Constantine: Maybe you're right, Kid. I haven't been in the ring with Johnny Scumm. But I've seen everything in this business in the time I've been here. And the one thing that has become abundantly true, is that certain people will stop at nothing to make sure that they get what they want. Ty Burna is one of those men. Not only does he have his Apostles to command to his whim, he also controls half of this company. He is bending the company any way that he wants it to bend. We have all become his playthings and no one was ever going to stand in his way tonight, Kid. Not me and certainly not you.

Scumm shakes his head in denial and allows a small smile to creep across his face.

Scumm: Nah, I'd have given him some things to think about.

Constantine smiles and gives a look of disbelief in the direction of Scumm.

Constantine:
You're hungry, that's going to help you in the future. But when you start to climb the ladder in this company, you'll start to realise that sometimes there is just nothing you can do to contend with the powers that be. Ty Burna is a freak of nature. I looked in his eyes tonight and I could tell that he wanted it more than every other person in that ring. The same hunger that you feel in your stomach is magnified and expanded upon in Ty Burna. He is the epitome of desire. He literally will not stop until he accomplishes everything in this game.

Scumm stops for a second and digests the words of the WZCW veteran. With a hint of understanding in his voice, Scumm poses another question to The Power Trip.

Scumm:
So, you're saying that I should just give up? That doesn't seem like John Constantine.

Constantine: I'm not telling you to give up, Kid. I'm telling you that every dog has it's day. Tonight wasn't very good for either of us but one day in the future, our day will come and we will be the ones standing tall at the end of the night as fireworks are shot into the air and belts are placed around our waists. Keep being hungry, Scumm... It'll help.

Constantine stands up and walks away from Scumm as Steven Holmes enters the room with his Elite Championship slung over his shoulder. He meets Constantine in the doorway as his confident voice fills the room.

Holmes: Ah, there you are, Mr. Constantine. Come, we must plan for Kingdom Come. It is never too early to make plans for our ultimate domination of WZCW.

Constantine looks his allay in the eye for a moment and then brushes past him and into the bright corridor. Holmes' eyes follow Constantine down the corridor as The Power Trip walks away from The Elite. From the end of the corridor, Becky Serra rushes past Holmes and catches up with Constantine.

Becky: John! John!

Constantine stop and looks to the sky as Becky places a soft hand on his arm to catch his attention. There is no microphone in her hand this time though, it seems as though curiosity has gotten the better of her.

Becky: I just seen you walk past Steven Holmes without even so much as a look in his eyes. Is there something that you want to tell everyone?

Constantine: Let me tell you this, Becky, everyone seems to forget about The Power Trip. Since day one in this company, I have been playing second fiddle to lesser men. I played second fiddle to Showtime David Cougar when it was abundantly clear that I could beat him in a one on one competition, something I have since proved. And now, the Elite Championship of Steven Holmes throws a large shadow over me. I have tried to escape the darkness but with every successful defence of his title, I am pushed further and further into the abyss. Perhaps it;s time for John Constantine to look after his own affairs and be satisfied with the results, come what may.

Becky is shocked and stands with her mouth ajar for a moment.

Becky: So are you saying that you are done with Steven Holmes? That your alliance is no longer intact?

Constantine: No, that's not what I am saying, Becky. You see the one thing that brought Steven Holmes and I close together was our hunger. We both wanted to make WZCW a better place and that meant taking every challenge head on. Both of us still want to realise our ultimate goal of becoming the World Heavyweight Champion and until that happens, a thread of connection will always bind the two of us. But, at this point, it seems as though I will need to achieve those ends as selfishly as possible.

Becky: That's quite a bold statement, John? What's gotten into you?

Constantine stops for a second and then decides to give Becky an honest answer.

Constantine: Look at Big Dave, Becky. He returns to the ring for one night and had gotten more of a buzz amongst the crowd than I have managed to muster in my entire career, Since I put him on the shelf, people have been waiting on him to return. They have said that he will be in the main event of Kingdom Come and no one has ever graced me with that sort of compliment before. I hear everyone talking about me as if I am some sort of charity case and that I am deserving of their pity as I struggle to live up to my potential. But make no mistake, Becky, I can be the World Heavyweight Champion. I can generate more of a buzz than both Big Dave and Ty Burna.

Becky: You must be excited about your match with Big Dave at Meltdown for a place in the King For A Day match at Kingdom Come then?

Constantine is visibly shocked at this revelation and probes an excited Becky for more information.

Constantine: How do you know this?

Becky: I overheard a couple of the decision makers coming out an emergency meeting a few moments ago. They said that it's going to be a rubber match between you two for the place in the match.

Constantine searches for a response for a long time before a plan begins to formulate in his mind. Behind his eyes, you can see the wheels of his brain turning,

Constantine: That makes sense. We've faced each other a grand total of two times and we've each taken a victory a piece. Not only is Big Dave one of the most exciting superstars on the roster, he is also one of the most dangerous. And with my elimination to him tonight, they must be seeing dollar signs in their eyes when they think about us squaring off in the ring one more time to settle the score. But don't forget this Becky, I was the last person that Big Dave faced before he was put on the shelf. I was the person that put him out for all of that time. For all of the excitement that Big Dave's return has carried tonight, it wont mean anything. He is standing in my way of becoming World Heavyweight Champion and I have to obliterate him once more... I don't have a choice.

Constantine walks away from Becky who gives a small but warm smile in his direction. It seems a fire has been lit in the belly of The Power Trip. One that was extinguished long ago.​

Sitting in an arm chair is Big Dave, watching a projector display the most recent WZCW action, acting like as a placebo to the void of what he has been missing before his return at the Lethal Lottery. The footage seems to be focused purely on Steven Holmes and John Constantine, the words they have uttered, the actions they have unleashed upon unwilling members of the locker room. Dave feels the pain, knowing he’s been victimised under similar circumstances, but those that were misfortunate didn’t suffer the ultimate cost for their heinous attacks. Had this not occurred, Dave wouldn’t be watching such footage and would have been expected to be the defending the World Heavyweight Championship against Ty Burna at Kingdom Come IV. In another time and place, this would be happening, but it isn’t, he now sits as an exile from Mount Olympus, expelled from Eden and desiring the taste of her fruits once again. It occupies his mind greatly, but not as much as the desire for revenge for being denied these luxuries, the ones he had spent a whole year trying to gain, only to be taken away in such a short space of time. Dave has already set things in motion and recovered from injury, but he refuses to speak to any of the WZCW reporters to speak of his time away from the ring. However he has made his presence felt, he had stopped Holmes and Constantine from getting near Eden by removing them from the Lethal Lottery, but for Holmes, it wasn’t enough, he had to take Dave to hell with him and this now begins a new path for the former World Heavyweight Champion; The Road out of Hell.

Dave notices that his phone is flashing to indicate that he’s received a new message, he checks it.

Meltdown 70. Big Dave vs. Constantine. King for a Day Qualifier. Look forward to seeing you back in action! Klamor.

The news puts Dave at the ultimate conflict; he’s been offered a chance to return to grace through the means of unleashing vengeance upon one half of his adversaries, but should he pursue glory over such things? Sure, it’s one thing to remove Constantine with this match, but what about Holmes? A match on Meltdown without a stake at hand isn’t going to help such matters; Holmes will still be a man of pride, with the Elite X Championship in his grasp. If Dave defeats Constantine, then he can’t touch Holmes, he’s sealed into the Chamber and this would let Holmes get away with daylight robbery and revenge would be pointless after Kingdom Come has ended. Time is short, action must be taken, what takes priority? Revenge or glory? If this had been a year ago, the choice would have been easy and his objective would be to win the King For a Day, but back then he wasn’t the World Heavyweight Champion, he came short of the Lottery and to win the gold was all that mattered, now, he was the World Heavyweight Champion and reclaiming the gold acts as a conflict of interest. Sleeping will not be easy until a decision was made, his thoughts will continue to be in a war as the projector’s footage continued to play out.

Dawn has arrived, but not the first dawn that Dave had witnessed when his interests were opposing, it was the dawn for Meltdown 70, it was almost fifty shows since Big Dave had made his debut in this company and yet he still didn’t feel like an old timer. The hotel he was in was comfortable, but sparse, fitting when his thoughts are occupied. It wasn’t about the fans on this day, it wasn’t about the interest of the company, it was about a decision that still hadn’t been made. His decision at this point is to give hell for all that stand in his way, and the decision for revenge or glory will be decided in that ring, it wouldn’t be planned, it would be on instinct. He eventually makes his way down to the arena by car; he doesn’t take interest in the eager fans looking for autographs, the tech crew, or the rest of the roster. He keeps to himself and doesn’t give a proper response to anyone, aside from the odd grunt and one word answers to anyone that said hello, it wasn’t their place to ask and he wasn’t planning on letting anyone in. He eventually starts to makes his way around the arena, getting a feel for what he’s been missing, the atmosphere and energy that occupies the place when he wrestles to get the crowd on their feet, it’s comforting and it’s the only comfort he finds right now. He passes up to a WZCW store and sees the t-shirts, photos and replica belts being placed in their glory. Eventually he catches glimpse of the World Heavyweight Championship belt, and knows what he misses, until he spots ones of Steven Holmes and Constantine’s shirts next to each other. His eyes jump between the two before looking at one last item that is neither the shirts nor that replica belt before being focused for a moment. He turns around and heads away, he believes he has an answer, but he truly will only know for certain in a few hours time; when he stares directly into Constantine’s eyes before unleashing a fury like no other!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back