MD 66: Chris K.O. vs. Steven Kurtesy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Steven Kurtesy laid out the challenge after yet another loss to the Apostles. He wants to face Chris K.O. one on one. Chris was more than happy to oblige as these two bitter enemies face off one on one. Will Kurtesy finally gain a victory over the Apostles, or will K.O. put the good Professor on bed rest?

Deadline is Tuesday, December 6th at 11:59 PM EST.

Life is a perpetual drunkenness; the pleasure passes, but the headache remains.

-Unknown

The scene begins with a black screen.

I have a headache… a headache… that just won’t go away.

The scene transitions to a shot of Chris K.O. perched on the staircase inside of his house. His eyes are underlined with a dark trim. They symbolize a tired soul. His vision is fixed in a single direction. It is revealed, through a transition, that James King and Dr. Alhazred are visible from where he is sitting. He watches them from the shadows.

Alright, so here is where we need to utilize our attacks on Saboteur and Saxton. They are both quick to act and that is where we will catch them off gua—

The audio becomes muffled as we switch to a face shot of Chris. He watches them with a cold stare. Slowly he lowers his heads into his crossed arms. A shot of James and Alhazred looking over charts and paper work is shown and then everything goes black.

I’ve been watching them over the last few days…

The black screen fades into a shot of Chris. He is fidgeting through dresser drawers in his room as audio dubs over the scene.

I’m not mad at him, but I think I made a mistake. I broke my own rules when it comes to trust. I confessed a little too much. I enjoyed more than I should of. James King is an ally, but nothing more than that.

Chris opens a drawer and is relieved to find what he is looking for.

I have a headache…

The camera pans to show a bottle of Tylenol sitting inside of the drawer. Chris grabs it and shakes out two pills. He tosses them in his mouth and swallows. He slowly places the bottle back into the drawer.

The scene transitions to a shot of him walking down the hallway. He is heading for the front entrance door when James and Alhazred step out of a room and into his way.

Oh, sorry Chris. Didn’t see you there.

Chris gives a fake smile and nods.

No problem.

Chris sifts through them and heads to the door.

Hey, we’re going to grab a bite to eat later. You in?

Chris turns around and sees that James is sporting a half smile, clearly trying to amend the awkwardness of the situation.

No. I’m good. You guys have good time.

Oh, alright.

Chris exits the house and closes the door behind him. He makes his way to his car and hops in it. He sits at the wheel for a moment and lets out a sigh. He ignites the engine and then the scene transitions. Chris is now sitting inside of what appears to be a diner. He runs his hand through his air as he shakes his leg anxiously. His twitches are halted by the sound of a familiar voice.

Mr. K.O.

Chris looks up and sees Ian Crawford.

Hello Ian, long time no see.

Ian nods and takes a seat adjacent to Chris.

How is the house holding up Chris?

It’s great. Everything is structurally sound.

Ian smiles as he begins to pull out a folder from a bag that is hanging from his shoulder.

Now, I don’t usually do this kind of stuff, but Ty deemed it very important that you are well equipped for your singles match against Kurtesy.

I’ve already beat him twice Ian.

In a tag-team match. The tag division is a different breed Chris.

Trust me, I know.

Ian opens the folder and pulls out a sheet of paper.

Let us see. Dr. Steven Kurtesy, former, and highly regarded, psychiatrist. A two time tag team champion and a frequent main-eventer.

Ian looks up at Chris, who has his palms pressed against his eyes.

Chris, are you listening?

Ian receives no response and Chris continues to sink his head into his hands.

Chris!

Chris pulls his hands from his eyes and reveals darker circles underneath his pupils.

What?

Did you hear anything that I just said?

No. Sorry Ian. I have a massive headache right now.

Chris places his head back into his hands as Ian looks at him with a concerned expression.

Maybe you should go see a doctor?

I don’t need to see a damn doctor…

You look horrible.

Ian receives no response.

What is the matter with you Chris?

Damn it!

Chris removes his hands from his face and stands up from his seat, causing it to fall back.

Nothing is wrong with me. I’ve already beaten this guy twice, I don’t need a damn partner and I sure as hell don’t need this damn research.

Chris storms away from the table as Ian adjusts his glasses. Ian begins to collect the papers back into the folder as the scene transitions to a shot of Chris in his room. He is turning the place over as he frantically looks for something. Sweat is pouring from his head and his eyes are tired.

He finally returns to the same drawer from earlier and pulls it open. The Tylenol is revealed again as Chris grabs the bottle. He dumps out a handful of pills and shoves as many as he can into his mouth. He tosses the bottle aside as he stumbles over to his bed. He falls onto it and begins to breathe heavily. The screen goes black.

I have a headache… And it just won’t go away.

The scene reappears into a dimly lit area. A single tree stands in the middle of it. A small boy pokes his head out from behind the tree. It is revealed to be a very young Chris K.O. He appears to be looking at something. The light flickers on and the camera pans to the illuminated area. A full grown Chris is standing in the light.

Why… why can’t I move?

All of a sudden a chain pops out from the ground and wraps it self around Chris’ arm.

He struggles to shake it off, but to no avail. Another chain pops up and wraps around his leg. He becomes frantic as he cannot move. Several chains begin erupting from the surface as they ensnare every inch of Chris’ body from the neck down.

No! What’s going on!

The young Chris, from behind the tree, steps out to where the older Chris can see him. He walks over to the elder Chris and stands in front of him. They look at each other for a moment.

Who are you?

The younger Chris doesn’t respond, and turns away.

Wait! You can’t leave me like this!

The younger Chris continues walking as the older one begins to sink into the ground as the chains pull him down.

Wait, damn it! Help me!

The younger Chris finally vanishes into the darkness.

No!

Chris gets pulled down deeper as he continues to scream. The ground finally swallows him whole. The scene goes black for a moment, but re-opens with a shot of Chris smoking a cigarette inside of a large white area. He smokes the bud nonchalantly as he sits with his legs extended. His attire of black druid robes contrast the area’s radiant white tone. Behind Chris, in the distance, is a tree with two objects hanging from it.

Chris stares into the white space as footsteps can be heard approaching. The camera reveals the bottom of white druid robes as the figure approaches Chris. Chris takes his time to take a puff of his cigarette. He looks up and casually speaks.

Hey Ty.

Ty Burna is revealed to be in the white robes as he crouches down in front of Chris.

How’s it going?

Good.

You know why you’re here right?

Because I’m dead?

No, not yet.

Chris continues to smoke as he lets the fumes escape from the corner of his lips.

Then why am I here?

Because you want to be.

Chris takes a puff and exhales.

That makes sense.

Ty smiles at Chris’ casual demeanor.

Do you think I need to see a counselor Ty?

You are going to this week.

Oh yeah.

You have the advantage though.

How’s that?

He’s never met a case like you.

What does that mean?

I know Kurtesy all to well. He will try to dissect you and profile you, but he can’t. He can’t piece together this masterpiece that dwells here.

Masterpiece?

Yes, a masterpiece of chaos.

Chris inhales another puff.

Ty?

Yes?

Where is here?

In your soul Chris.

Chris takes a final puff before discarding his cigarette. He proceeds to stand up and brushes the ashes off of his robes. Ty stands up with him. Chris looks around the white area.

My soul is a bit empty, don’t you think?

Ty only looks at him in response. Chris turns around and examines the tree from a distance. Ty steps up and stands next to him. Chris points at the tree.

Will that come to pass?

The camera zooms in on the tree where it is revealed that the two objects, hanging from the tree, are the bodies of James King and Dr. Alhazred.

If you let it.

The camera shot returns to Chris and Ty.

Do you think I’m crazy Ty?

No. I just think you need direction. James and Alhazred are two great allies, they have their own chapter in the Gospel of Chaos, and you have another.

Chris looks over at the tree, but sees that it has vanished. He looks back at Ty, but realizes that he has begun to walk away.

Wait. What do I do about Kurtesy?

Ty continues to walk as he speaks.

Win.

Chris watches Ty as he dissolves into the brilliant white of the area. He closes his eyes for a moment and then opens them to reveal that he is lying in a bed inside of a hospital. He looks around the room and sees James King sleeping in a cushioned chair against the wall. He looks over at a night stand next to his bed and sees several get-well-soon cards and vases of flowers. He notices a vase with several white roses and a card hanging from it. The text on the card reads, “Best wishes – TB.” The screen goes black.

Candles are the only source of illumination inside of an enclosed room made entirely out of dark wooden planks, however plentiful they may be. The smoke generated from the wick burning has no chance to escape, filling the ceiling with a grey mist. At the room's end is a man sitting in the meditation position on what can be determined as a silk blanket with his eyes closed wearing only off-cream shorts. He continues to become one with his spirit until there is a knocking sound. The man, unfazed, tells whoever it may be to enter. The sound of the only exit creeps open slowly and another walks into the room, shutting the door behind him. Before we can guess who the new person is, the meditating man speaks.

Welcome Professor.

Steven Kurtesy, the man who has entered wearing his martial arts (Zen Ki Bo) training uniform, slowly makes his way to the meditating man, examining the room. He gives the man a bow before taking his seat on the floor in a cross-legged position. The man, who has still yet to open his eyes or focus away from his meditation, takes in a deep breath.

You admire such a spiritual sanctum. I trust you won't be violating this sacred place.

Steven bows his head.

Definitely not, Master. I respect such a realm as I have emulated something similar to this room in the past. Although obviously, it wasn't as well-constructed as this.

A spare room to store cleaning equipment has never taken the fancy of an architect.

Steven lifts his head and stares at the Master confused.

How did you know of the location of my...?

The Master raises his hand to signal Steven to stop talking. He lowers as soon as he stops and a small smile is given off.

I know many things about you, Professor. You are well-trained and disciplined in what we teach here. Your experience allows you to surpass others who are of the same rank and you have the true heart of a warrior.

Steven tries to hide his blushing from the Master.

However Professor, despite having all the tools necessary to abide by our ways, why would you go and foolishly challenge another man to a fight?

The expression on Steven's face changes instantly to a more shocked look.

Foolishly, Master? I was only trying to follow the creed by taking out those who are putting everyone else at risk.

Your heart might have been in the right place but to openly challenge a dangerous man, contesting his pride and legacy? Only an idiot or a man with an agenda would do something like this. We've established you are no idiot so what do you have against this man?

Steven doesn't know how to react to the Master's claims.

This man is nothing but evil, Master. His mission is to destroy those who stand in his way: those who force themselves along his path or those who happen to be there. I started off as one of those who was placed in his path by chance but if I want to survive, I must acknowledge fate and put myself in his way. If he is going to terrorise me, I might as well stand up and fight. What else was I to do? I cannot run otherwise he will purge other innocent people. I refuse to join the cult that he has taken part of... so I must fight.

The Master takes in another deep breath.

You do not see the bigger picture, Professor. You have said it yourself: he has joined a group of people united under one corrupt philosophy. Challenging someone apart of a group will automatically mean that the other members will be lying in wait for a chance to strike and take you out, regardless of how big a threat you may be. Where are your allies? Where are the men that will be standing beside you to continue your quest? Those who have helped you have in the past had all they can handle from this group and continuing the crusade will only fair negatively for them. You are alone, Professor, in a battle that requires an army to take on the mastodon. If you do not find yourself some friends soon, I fear your challenge will lead you in the same direction as another who has already fallen to him... I believe you know who I am referring to.

Steven understands who is talking about and heeds his words.

Unfortunately, this destiny cannot be undone. However, you can still alter its course. Prepare yourself Professor as the battle is soon coming over the horizon.

The Master signals for Steven to make his leave, who does so without a second thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The wind blows across the face of the Professor as he leans across the guard rail of the look-out at the training school. He takes in the gorgeous view of the valley, filled with life and a streaming water flow. He is alone as he thinks about what the Master has said to him not long ago. Footsteps can be heard walking along the boardwalk to the lookout spot, heading closer to Steven. The person, Dr. Sandy Deserts, walks up beside him and looks out with him. Steven acknowledges she is there but he does not show this. They stand there for a moment before Sandy breaks the silence.

How did the talk go with the Master?

Steven takes longer than usual to respond.

I don't know whether I initiated this fight because of my foolish pride wanting to score a victory of Chris, or whether I thought it would be my prerogative to try and slain the Apostles of Chaos because of my history with Ty or whether I have an insane aggression to those who represent the man I used to be... all I know is that I taken the first steps to ensuing a war between the Apostles and myself where I have left myself without anyone else to fight with. Although this is something I would be inevitably doing, trying to take down one of the main factors and attempting to stop their rampage, I don't know if I'll make this one out able to compete another day. I know in a one on one situation without any outside interference I am more than capable of taking on the likes of Chris K.O.: I have qualities such as experience and youth that Chris has only taken on in single form. But at any point I try to hammer the stake into the coffin the cavalry will be sure to protect Chris from any harm and inflict it on me. So there are two things I can do: I can tough this out alone and hopefully wait for anyone else who feels they should stand beside me; or I can go out and gather those who are willing to fit for a single cause in taking down this disease that is spreading amongst the roster.

Steven looks at Sandy.

Either way: wish me luck.

Steven turns around and walks away from the look-out, focused on what he knows he needs to do. Sandy, who is watching Steven walk off, is a little dumbfounded by the response that Steven has given her.

A "it went well" would have sufficed.

She turns around and continues to look out into the beautiful valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back