• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MD 54: Everest vs. Blade - Special Ref: Chris Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Blade has been on a roll that he's been allowed to choose his opponent before Kingdom Come and has opted for the former World Champion Everest. No doubt that Blade wants to carry as much momentum as possible going into his EurAsian Championship match against Chris Beckford, so his choice appears logical. However, Chuck Myles has thrown a spanner in the works, the official for this match is none other than the EurAsian Champion himself. After all the mind games Blade has put Beckford through, will he use this opportunity to get one back at Blade before their Kingdom Come showdown? Beckford has kept restraint thus far but he can only be pushed so far by his challenger.

Deadline is Tuesday 15th March 23:59 EST

*Scene opens in Chuck Myles’ office. Chuck Myles is sat behind his desk looking uneasy. On Chuck Myles’ desk is his laptop, cell phone and a referee shirt. Myles picks up his cell phone and dials a number. After a few moments he begins speaking.*

Myles: Yeah, it’s Chuck Myles. I hate being made to wait, what the hell is taking so long?…..What do you mean you can’t find him, he’s my EurAsian Champion, he’s got to be somewhere?......Find him now or find a new job. In fact just find a new job.

*Myles hangs up. He begins pacing up and down his office for a few moments before getting his cell phone out and dialling again.*

Myles: Stacey come to my office ASAP.

*He hangs up, a few moments later; there is a knock at the door. Myles opens it to find an out of breath Stacey Madison stood there*

Myles: Good you’re here. I have a job for you. It seems my EurAsian Champion is missing and hasn’t been seen for a couple of days. I don’t care why he is missing I just want you to find him.

Madison: Find him…how?

Myles: I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Give him this when you find him.

*Myles passes Stacey the referee shirt*

Myles: Remind him, who he works for and that he’d better be at Meltdown.

*He motions for Stacey to leave, she objects*

Madison: What is this? I’m the best reporter WZCW has and you have ME chasing that loser Beckford around, why not Leon? We all know how close he and Beckford are. I’m sure he’d love to do this.

Myles:
Leon is busy with DK Wilton. Rebecca and Johnny are out so I’m giving this job to you. Go.

*Stacey walks out of Myles’ office with a sigh. The camera follows Stacey down the corridor.*

Madison: This is a joke, why do I have to search for Beckford, I should be using my time interviewing people that matter, people like Showtime or Constantine not chasing round this loser. It’s an absolute joke.

*At that point Stacey walks past Action Saxton, who overhears Stacey talking to herself. He grins*

Saxton (sarcastically): Well, if it ain't Stacey Madison WZCW’s no 1 reporter.

Madison: (pauses) …. And you are? Oh you’re Action Suction or Citroen Saxo or something. I’d love to stay and chat but I don’t have the time to talk to one loser while I’m searching for another one.

Saxton:
Yeah, I heard you’re looking for Chris Beckford…I know where he is.

Madison: Why would you know where he is? Oh wait I forgot nobodies hang out with other nobodies. Are you going to tell me, or are you just wasting my precious time?

Saxton:
First things first, woman, I am no "nobody". But I suppose I can deal with you another time. He’s at the Johnson hotel dealing with a personal matter. Last I heard he isn’t open for guests though.

Madison:
Yeah well, we will see about that.

*Stacey walks away, as the camera follows her to the car park. She gets in her car and drives away as the scene fades*

------------------------------------------------------------

*Scene opens outside the Johnson hotel. Stacey Madison is seen in her car, finishing up a phone call. Stacey is still looking angry as she hangs up the phone. She gets out and looks up at the name of the building she is stood outside, it’s the Johnson hotel. She walks in and the camera follows her as she approaches the front desk.*

Madison: Hi, I’m here on behalf of WZCW. I’m looking for Chris Beckford.

Receptionist: I’m very sorry miss; we have nobody registered here under that name.

Madison: (sighs) Ok I’m looking for an English guy. He doesn’t talk like a normal English guy though, not like Colin firth, he’s speaks more like Sean Bean. Do you know who I’m on about?

Receptionist: I believe I do. You’re after Mr Wright. Your name please miss?

Madison: Stacey Madison

Receptionist: I’m sorry miss, Mr Wright has requested one visitor and it is not you.

Madison: You don’t understand I really need to see him. I have to give him something.

Receptionist: Be that as it may, I still cannot allow you up without Mr Wright’s permission.

Madison: Oh you’re kidding me. Fine

*Stacey walks away from the reception desk. She pulls out her cell phone and begins to dial. As she does this Chris Beckford at the top of the stairs to the hotel lobby. Beckford is dressed smartly wearing a blue shirt and black trousers. He notices Stacey and nods to the receptionist before disappearing. The Receptionist approaches Stacey*

Receptionist: Miss. I have received word from Mr Wright. You can go up. Room 419.

*Stacey runs up the stairs and the camera follows her into the elevator. She gets out and heads to a door with the number 419 on it. She knocks and Beckford answers. She barges past him into the room. In the room is a bed. A dresser with Beckford’s EurAsian Championship sat on it and a TV.*

Madison: Finally. You know half of WZCW management is looking for you.

Beckford: Stacey. How did you find me?

Madison: I’m the best reporter WZCW has; of course I was going to find you eventually.

Beckford: Okay what do you want Stacey?

Madison: Well Myles sent me to give you this (Stacey throws Beckford the referee’s shirt) He says you better be at Meltdown to officiate the match between Everest and Blade. But while I’m here I may as well get an interview from you.

*Beckford takes the referee shirt and puts it on the bed.*

Madison: What are you doing here? Hiding from the world after Armando Paradyse beat you last week?

Beckford: Not at all I’m here for a personal reason and for the record. Blade cost me that match again. Fair play to Paradyse, a win over the EurAsian Champion is a fantastic achievement but next time I’ll make sure not to succumb to distractions and I’m sure the end result would be different.

Madison: Well with you as the referee on Meltdown. You have the perfect opportunity to get even with Blade.

Beckford: Stacey I’ll make sure to get even with Blade at Kingdom Come when I beat him with the EurAsian Championship on the line. As for Meltdown, I’m going to call it exactly down the middle. I’m going to make sure everything is fair.

Madison: That’s stupid. You hold the rule over your Kingdom Come opponent why not let anything go and gain an advantage?

Beckford: We’ve been through this before Stacey. It’s not who I am. Listen I have full confidence that Everest will defeat Blade without needing any assistance from me. He has a big match at Kingdom Come with Titus so I’m sure he will want to prove to Titus that he is ready, he won’t need my help to do that.

*There is a knock at the door. Beckford goes to answer it*

Beckford: As for Blade, I want him in the best shape possible for Kingdom Come so that when I beat him, there will be no excuses.

*Beckford opens the door. We see a man stood there wearing a leather jacket and jeans, he has black hair and brown eyes. A look of happiness comes over Beckford’s face.*

Beckford: Ryan. It’s been a while

*Beckford motions for Ryan to enter the room, he does and see’s Stacey stood there.*

Ryan:
Well I see your taste for blondes hasn’t left you since you came to the States.

*Ryan speaks with the same accent as Chris. Stacey seems offended by his comment.*

Madison: Excuse me. I don’t date losers. I’m a reporter for WZCW who the hell are you?

Beckford: Stacey this is Ryan Beckford, My brother. Ryan this is Stacey Madison, the pain in my arse.

Ryan: Nice to meet you.

Beckford: Listen Stacey I don’t mean to be rude but this is the personal business I was on about so if you don’t mind….

Stacey:
I’m going I’m going. Don’t worry I can’t stand to be around you much anyway. Oh and by the way. Don’t pull this disappearing act again otherwise Myles mentioned the words stripped and fired.

*Stacey leaves the room*

Ryan:
Cute girl, I think she likes you.

Beckford: I’m sure she does. Hey do you want to see my belt.

Ryan: Yeah ok, listen I have something to tell you. I'm not quite sure how to say it so I'm just going to come out with it.

Beckford: What’s up man?

*Chris picks up his EurAsian Championship with a proud smile on his face and turns to face Ryan.*

Ryan: ……Mum died

*Chris drops the belt as a look of horror appears over his face. The scene fades*

The scene opens with Blade in his locker room joined by Chuck Myles. Myles is sitting on the couch, leaning forward. Blade is pacing back and forth on the other side of the coffee table. Blade is smoking faster than he’s used to as he tries to comprehend the information he’s been told by Myles. Blade stops and turns to Myles and asks the question he’s already asked three times.

Blade: You want me to see a psychiatrist?

Myles gives a solemn nod and Blade continues pacing. He takes a few more drags off his dying cigarette. He looks out the window, staring out at the buildings and people scattered around the city he stays looking out the window as he talks.

Blade: You people... You’re unbelievable.

He turns around and shows an expression of utmost rage on his face. Myles looks fearful as Blade storms towards Myles and leans forward so that their faces are inches apart. Blade stares into Myles’ eyes and emphasises every letter of every word.

Blade: I’m asked to make an impact. I do it emphatically. Week in, week out, I deliver so you people can make your money and I can feel like I’ve earned that title shot that I shouldn’t have had to earn. And even though I'm doing what you say better than you could've dreamed, you're still fighting me every step of the way for reasons I cannot begin to guess...

Blade’s voice falls to barely a whisper now, but the rage still flares in his eyes.

Blade: I deliver everything you ask of me. You tell me to keep going as I become the most hated man in the locker room, perceived as a dick and a coward. I do stuff that is shocking everyone that watches... And now, because whoever is at the top is telling you I’m out of control and I need help, you’re telling me I’m going to therapy? You’re a coward. You and Bateman are both cowards...

Myles: Blade... Please.... Just.

Blade suddenly straightens up and smirks, his tone suddenly become light and airy.

Blade: On second thoughts, I’ll do it! It’ll be fun.

Myles looks shocked for a moment, before shaking his head.

Myles: And you actually wonder why we’re sending you see a psychiatrist? You’re insane!

Blade lets out a heavy sigh and puts out his cigarette before sitting down next to Myles, yet not looking at him.

Blade: It’s clear that you were never a wrestler in your day. I’m not really insane, this just what we have to do to get to the top. Do you think Baez is really that insane? Do you think Barbosa is really that insane? Okay, bad example. But what you call insane is simply a mixture of psychology and consistency. I’m quite a normal person, but I live in a world where standing out means everything and being slightly deranged is more of a help than a hindrance. Me, I’ve been going the extra mile for the last month and a half, trying to dig deep and fulfil my potential for mental warfare. And I’ve done very well. Christopher Beckford, meanwhile is the most boring man in this company. He could dip his finger into any flavour of ice cream and it would suddenly become vanilla. But look, just because of his interactions with me, a slightly derailed guy, he has become infinitely more interesting. My point is, insanity isn’t such a bad thing, so maybe you shouldn’t be so determined for me to get help. Or rather, your bosses shouldn’t be so determined for me to get help. You’re just the puppet in all this.

Myles: Enough! I may answer to some people, but I still have the power to fire your ass, so show some respect.

Blade sighs a weary apology before lighting up again.

Myles: Anyway, I better go, someone’s coming to interview you shortly.

Blade: Hooray.

Myles walks out the door, closing it behind him. Blade sits on the couch for a few moments, getting lost in thoughts once again, the same thoughts that have been bouncing around in his skull for weeks now; the thoughts of winning the EurAsian championship. But now his thoughts have become invaded by what the psychiatrist might ask him. He shakes his head and comes back to reality before putting out his cigarette. He stands up and grabs his weights, about to start a work out, but the door knocks. Blade opens the door and it’s Johnny Klamour behind it.

Klamour: Good afternoon. I’m here for the interview.

Blade: Oh, I see. Come in.

Klamour walks into the room and instantly makes himself at home, pouring himself a glass of Blade’s vodka and sitting himself down on the couch.

Klamour: I know you’re disappointed; you and Becky are like ‘gal pals’ or whatever. But I assure you, I’m far better.

Blade: I’m sure. And yes, you can have a glass of vodka.

Klamour: Oh yes, thanks for this. Anyway, sit down and let’s get this over with. Unless this is quality vodka, in which case I’ll be taking my time. First things first, as much as there is to talk about concerning Chris Beckford, your incredible momentum heading towards Kingdom Come is at risk as you face Everest one on one this week. You’ve been compared to Everest over your career due to your similar ring styles, what are your thoughts about finally facing him?

Blade: I’m glad you brought up that comparison to Everest, because this is a man that is feared by his peers, and adored by his fans. One of the greatest heavyweight champions we’ve ever see, a masterful technician, skilled talker and the man who is currently on top of the wrestling world. Personally, I think this is a major challenge... Oh, wait, I take that all back because it’s not 2009. Ever since last year’s Kingdom Come, Everest has become as harmless as a kitten. A kitten that’s had its claws removed. Hell, he lost a feud to USA... I almost feel sorry for him.

Klamour: Even so, you still need some kind of strategy. He might be one of the only guys in this company who can match your technical ability.

Blade: Meh, I’ll just kick his cane out from under him and watch him fall over.

Klamour: He’s old, I get it. Clever.

Blade: Thanks. What else have you got for me?

Klamour: Well if you’re not going to take the topic of Everest seriously, I suppose we have to talk about Beckford. The way you’ve been pushing him the last few weeks, do you not fear that he’ll crack too soon? You want him to be right on the edge at Kingdom Come. If he cracks before then, he’ll attack you, take you out.

Blade: You think I haven’t thought about that? I’m meticulous, I’ve studied Beckford inside and out. I’ve learned that he lucked his way into the EurAsian title. Whatever talent he may or may not have, he lost to Reynolds 3 times in a row, and then was in the right place at the right time during the EurAsian match. I’ve also learned that Beckford is so white bread he could be used in subway sandwiches. Looking back over his feud with Reynolds, any time he let his emotions come to the surface, they would only stay there for a moment before he swallowed with them back down. To his credit, he can take a lot of emotional and mental torture. He won’t even crack at Kingdom Come if I beat him. And that’s the way I want it. Do you really think I’m stupid enough to mentally push someone who is likely to freak out and smash my skull in with a chair when subjected to mind games? No, Beckford’s different. He’ll be angry, upset, insecure and unfocused, but he will not be unstable because he’s just too boring for that.

Klamour looks at Blade thoughtfully and takes a swig of vodka as Blade flicks the ash off the cigarette and meets Klamour’s gaze knowingly

Klamour: I must admit, you put forward a compelling argument. But anyone, no matter their mental stability or, for want of a better word, ‘boringness’, will snap eventually. I know you know that, I just hope you’re prepared.

Blade smirks.

Blade: You underestimate me, Johnny.

Johnny: So do most people these days. With that said, I suppose I only have one question left....

Blade’s phone suddenly rings from inside his trenchcoat pocket.

Blade: Excuse me.

Klamour nods and Blade takes out his phone. He looks at the name of the incoming caller and looks confused for a moment, but then answers the phone.

Blade: What do you want?

Blade listens for a moment, and his expression slowly changes into one of slight surprise.

Blade: His mother died? Really?

Like jigsaw puzzle pieces, Blade’s thoughts arrange themselves into a twisted plan and a grin of pure evil spreads across his face.

Blade: Perfect.

He hangs up the phone and quickly jams it back into his pocket. His evil smile doesn’t fade.

Klamour: Who was that and why the hell are you smiling if you just got the news that someone has died?

Blade turns to Klamour looking irritated as he lights up another cigarette.

Blade: None of your business. I have to go tend to some.... Business. I’m sure you can let yourself out. Drink any more of my vodka and I’ll kill you. Take care!

Blade storms out as Klamour tries to figure out what’s going on inside Blade’s head. After a few moments, he shrugs and helps himself to more vodka as the scene fades.

We are backstage at a house show as the camera is roaming the halls. Finally WZCW ace interviewer Becky Serra makes her way into the screen. She motions to the camera man to follow her down the hall. As they move to the end of the hallway they both come to a stop right in front of the locker room door to Everest’s room. After a quick knock and a simple “Come In” Becky enters the room with the camera crew and Everest is seated at a huge table in the middle with several papers strewn in front of him.

Becky: Hello Everest. What are you doing? Looks like you are engrossed in some serious research there. Are those your files on Blade?

Everest: Wha? Huh? Oh these, no I’m still trying to figure out this here March Madness bracket. Damn thing is nuts but I’m telling you there is no way Klamor is winning the pool this year, no way! So tell me what do you think? You think Kentucky can beat Ohio State?

Becky: Um, yeah sure I guess so; I mean if they don’t get into foul trouble, they only play 7 people so if Kentucky can get them into foul trouble and hit their own shots then sure the Wildcats could pull it off.

*Everest drops his pencil and his jaw almost drops and hits the table. He’s caught staring for several seconds before shaking his head and moving the conversation onward.*

Everest: Alright well then you’re my secret weapon this year.

Becky: Well I’ve already turned in my own bracket so….

*Again Everest sits in shock for a few seconds*

Everest: Alright then, how about we forget all this basketball crap and get back to the real reason you’re here. You want to know what I think of this upcoming Meltdown, don’t you.

Becky: Well the thought had crossed my mind yes.

Everest: Well Becky, let’s see what is in store for Everest at Meltdown: It seems that Blade has somehow gotten his head so far up someone’s arse over there at WZCW towers that he got to pick his opponent for Meltdown. Then the man went and picked WZCW’s resident Icon. He picked Everest.

Becky: Why do you think he chose you?

Everest: It’s simple Becky, if you want to be the best you have to prove yourself against the best. I’m guessing there is more to it than that though, you see Becky I’m not some naïve wet behind the ears barely taken a chair shot rookie here. I know Blade’s been doing his homework, he sees me as his stepping stone. He’s looking at me and he sees the washed up former champion, he sees the guy who was pinned last week by Barbosa and Kravinoff. He sees someone who isn’t the superstar he once was and Blade sees someone he doesn’t think he can lose too but someone who has enough name recognition to impress the masses.

You know what the funny thing is Becky? He might be right? Actually days after that defeat by Barbosa and Kravinoff I really would have told you he probably was right.

Becky: Are you saying…..

Everest: Come on Becky, what with the loses building up, and let’s face it time isn’t standing still here. The ole Everest confidence was fading my dear. It took one thing though, kind of an ironic moment when a package showed up at my door that contained my advanced copy of “Everest: The Climb to the Top” available in stores this Tuesday!

You see Becky as I watched that DVD chronicling my accomplishments I realized something. I realized that no matter who I might have lost too recently or what title I haven’t quite secured yet it doesn’t matter. You see after watching a Rock Slide win me my first World Title or watching a clip of one of my early Mayhem Title matches or even watching one of those matches against Steamboat Ricky, it became clear to me once again that Everest, that I needed to refocus, to reassess my priorities.

So at Meltdown Everest isn’t going to challenge for titles, I’m not going to go for Main Events, Hell I don’t even want any interview time. No not this time. At Meltdown it’s a new beginning, a new chapter! I’m going to Meltdown and I’m going to take on Blade as just another WZCW wrestler fighting his way to the top. I’m going to start at the bottom and work my way back, just like when I showed up. That’s when the drive, the intensity and the hunger burned the brightest and that’s the spot I’m getting back too.

Blade, you aren’t taking on the FORMER champ this time you’re taking on EVEREST, a man on a mission. Like I’ve always said and done, I’ll bring my A game to Meltdown and I’ll stand toe to toe with you in that ring, I’ll stand between you and Beckford for one night, although I really doubt that you two will stay apart for too long. Yeah Blade I know about your little feud for your little EuroAsian title. I know how you and Beckford can't stand each other and you ca't seem to get over how he has the gold shiny thing and you just can't figure out how to get one. Well Blade go ahead and take your eye off me just once at Meltdown and you won't have to worry about Beckford taking you out, because I will have already done it.

You wanted a stepping stone Blade, well I’m not it, but I’ll be glad to show you how to make someone a stepping stone, as I use you to step up and conquer my next challenge. You talk about 2009, well come Meltdown you're going to be looking for the keys to your Delorean and wondering where in the hell Dr. Brown sent you.

This Will Be My World Once Again

And Blade, I’m Just Letting You Live In It!

With that Everest convinces Becky to sit down at the table and help him out in filling in his brackets as the screen fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back