• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maybe its good Jeff lost the title, are wrestlers being overworked?

kenvin100

The Next One
from PW INSIDER

Jeff Hardy suffered a broken finger and banged up his shoulder at last night's Extreme Rules PPV, according to a Twitter post made by his girlfriend Beth.

Thanks to everyone who sent that along.

Are WWE wrestlers being over worked at this point? First Kennedy, Batista, now Jeff Hardy..this could be a terrible string of coincidences, or a result of botched moves, but to me it seems either the wrestlers are being careless or overworked. (I kno Jeff was in a ladder match, but it's just interesting to see so many "big names" being hurt)

Discuss

I really thought Hardy injured his knee when he landed on that ladder in the middle of the match. I think Vince is booking too many dangerous spots(You think he wouldve learned from the Owen Hart incident R.I.P) But it is what drives us wild and makes us watch the next night to see more. Wrestlers are on the road 300 days of the year so Yes, wrestlers are being overworked but it is all in the job description.

What do you expect? He fell off of 17 ladders and bounced off the ground missing the ladder Edge crashed through.

I'm thinking everyone in the WWE brass expected Hardy and Edge to be less the 1,000% the night after. It's not mysterious when an injury occurs after falling off of ladders, much different than just being hurt during a regular move. I realize you admitted the ladder match would have greater effect, but that can't be taken out of it.

Batista and Kennedy are injured now because of their now steroid-less bodies falling apart.

I think it is stupid that they have misused Jeff Hardy!! He gets the biggest pop over anyone in the WWE right now. I mean ANYONE!!! I am not saying he is the best wrestler or best on mic but he has IT!! The WWE needs someone like jeff to take over in the future. PEOPLE love him use it! Make him champion and ride that wave!

I think it is stupid that they have misused Jeff Hardy!! He gets the biggest pop over anyone in the WWE right now. I mean ANYONE!!! I am not saying he is the best wrestler or best on mic but he has IT!! The WWE needs someone like jeff to take over in the future. PEOPLE love him use it! Make him champion and ride that wave!

I agree that Hardy is incredibly over, but isn't it better, ratings-wise, to have him chasing the title? It turns the Hardy/Punk rivalry into something that people keep tuning into so they can cheer for Hardy and hope he finally wins.

from PW INSIDER

Are WWE wrestlers being over worked at this point? First Kennedy, Batista, now Jeff Hardy..this could be a terrible string of coincidences, or a result of botched moves, but to me it seems either the wrestlers are being careless or overworked. (I kno Jeff was in a ladder match, but it's just interesting to see so many "big names" being hurt)

Discuss

Okay, Kennedy got injured on his first night back.... and before that he got injured a month after he came back. Batista's was almost two months after he came back, a month after he started wrestling full time. Before his last injury he had work for at least a solid year before getting injured. there you might have a point.

Jeff is the only on that I can see your point on, but he is one of the biggest faces there is in the company. So of course the guy is going to be in a lot of matches. Jeff was in one of the riskiest matches that they put on. If wwe thought that both edge and hardy were going to be 100% after that match they were crazy....

It's part of being a wrestler to be overworked. They're always doing something wrestling related. For many guys, a day off is doing an autograph signing or something like that. When they aren't in the ring, they are still having to work out, travel, etc. Not to mention the countless matches they're in over a year's span. Many of those matches are stipulation matches like last man standing, ladder, tlc, cage, etc. - all matches that can result in an injury or even end a career if something doesn't go as planned. It's a huge wonder why more people don't end up with injuries than they do.

It's sad that so many top-tiered guys have been getting injured lately. For anyone that hasn't read it, there is a story up on WZ's front page about Punk walking away from ringside after his match tonight with a limp and with the assistance of two other guys (presumably two people from the medical staff). Now whether Punk was selling the spot from Raw tonight when Edge shoved him off the top rope resulting in his knes hitting the steps, or if he was legitimately hurt to some degree, isn't clear at this point. He could've really been injured in that spot, because it was pretty dangerous looking. He did end up winning the match, but people have finished matches with injuries before. If he his injured, then there is hope it is only something minor, because losing Punk to an injury at this point would be a real blow to the WWE.

Back to the point, wrestling is a dangerous industry to take part in. Injuries occur quite frequently, more so lately than what we're used to. Plus, when it's a main event status person like Batista, we notice it more. Add to that the fact that his injury happened on the heels of a title win and it places even more of a spotlight on the situation. Most of the guys who have been suffering injuries lately are guys that have been the work horses for their respective shows. Think about how often we see Batista, Punk, Hardy, and others in matches. More to the point, they are often the ones in the best matches on the card. Those real wrestling matches, full of back and forth action, great in ring psychology, and (with Hardy in particular) some pretty dangerous spots. It's one thing to take place in a squash match or to be in a so-so match, but it's an entirely different kind of thing to be part of a 10-15 minute, honest to goodness wrestling match. At most house shows, it's guys like Punk and Hardy that are in that sort of action each and every night. It is only natural for their bodies to get worn down from all that. To answer you question, I doubt that it's a result of carelessness on their part. It is much more logical to realize that these injuries are results of tired bodies being pushed to their limits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back