• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Max Payne

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
[youtube]JboQmDIdKWs[/youtube]​

I was unsure about casting Mark Whalberg in this. He has a habbit of being really great (Boogie Nights, The Departed) or awful (Everything else). But from the looks of this he's pulled off the role well. This actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. I loved the game. It's one of the only ones I've bothered to play to the end. And if anything this looks even more intresting. It was a good couple of years since I last played it. I can't remember the whole story. But even so, it looks great. But alas it is a movie based of a computer game. So it'll probably be total shit.

Dammit Jake, you beat me to it. I came across this the other day and was shocked that they are making the game into a movie, long after it was actually highly popular, but also that they cast Marky Mark Wahlberg in the lead role. Hell, I think that Donnie Wahlberg might have made a more interesting choice that Marky Mark. After seeing alot of the crap that he has been n, I am beginning to think that Mark Mark has Samuel L. Jackson Symdrome, where he is no longer concerned with the roles just that he is getting paid. Marky Mark, just like Samuel L., gave up on any Oscar calibur performances a long time ago and pretty much is going to just keep cashing in wherever he can for the rest of his career.

Of course, on an interesting note, Marky Mark is set to reprise a familiar role when he stars in the sequel to The Italian Job, "The Brazilian Job" in 2009. Um yeah.

I had no clue this was a movie in pre-production, let alone a movie already done. I enjoyed both games very much and was wondering if a third would be released. The trailer looks kind of cheesy...but since I have an open mind for big-budget movies (ex: Hancock) then I'll probably check it out anyways. On semi-related note I thought the guy Bruce Willis played in Sin City reminded me of the Max Payne character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back