• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Striker Comeback?

FutureChamp328

King of the Spear
Before I start please note that I put this here because Striker is on the SD roster and if he wrestles again full time it will be most likely there.

So tonight on NXT Matt Striker was in his first match since becoming a commentator and he didn't look half bad (at least compared to Titus and Darren). So here are the questions:

Do you think this means Striker will return to a wrestling role? (I mean as shitty as NXT is they could have put any other wrestler or even Hornswoggle in the match instead of Striker)

Would you be interested in seeing him return to the ring?

If so would you like him to use his old gimmick or something new if so what?

So there you are I know the guy is nothing special but for what its worth I think he could do well on the undercard or lower midcard. I mean as far as talent goes he was new one of the best but he was better than a lot of guys.

I'm a big fan of Striker. And like I mentioned in the Teddy Long thread he should take over Long's duties as the GM of Smackdown. So there for no I wouldn't like to see him return to the ring cause they would just job him to younger guys. Do I see him returning? Absolutely not. Striker has semi-retired from the ring. He might wrestle occasionally like Jerry Lawler and Booker T but I just can't see a full return to the ring. Striker was great as a heel commentator. His best work was when Sheamus won the WWE title.. "Shock and awe throughout the WWE Universe.. Sheamus! Is your new WWE champion!" the way he says it just helps you mark out for that great moment. Like I said I hope he gets the Smackdown GM role it pains me to see his talents being wasted on NXT.

Nah, I think what happens on NXt stays on NXT. I seem to recall months back that Alberto's announcer guy, Ricardo Rodriguez, once had a match on NXT and everyone was even very impressed with his skills. But that was that. They have yet to acknowledge on RAW that this guy is actually a wrestler.

Although i would enjoy that, because as you said he did look really good in the ring still and it brought back ECW memories, i believe it won't be happening...and if it does, it will not be anytime soon.

NXT Redemption is setting up for more seasons, and well...Matt is going to be sticking around as the host i would say. He does a great job at that, and his commentary job on WWE Superstars on Thursday nights. That's the career he wishes to pursue and probably will stick with it. He will lace up the boots a few more times in his life i would say, but i would say he's still considered more of a commentator. And for the better...i think he's the best commentator in the WWE. My opinion

Do you think this means Striker will return to a wrestling role?

No I don't, as someone else said Ricardo Rodriguez had a match on NXT but he hasn't since been recognised as a wrestler yet. So I think what happens on NXT doesn't get recognised on the other brands.

Would you be interested in seeing him return to the ring?

I'd much rather him return to commentating than wrestling. Then we can see either Booker T and/or Michael Cole step away from commentating on SD because having Cole on both shows is too much Cole and Booker sucks full stop.

NXT will not stick around forever and Striker will need something to do at that point. I would rather see him as a GM or announcer instead of wrestling again because he was never really anything special in the ring. If he returned to in ring action then I say bring back his heel teacher persona. It was unique enough to stick out and Smackdown needs some more heels right now.

I would rather see him as a GM or announcer instead of wrestling again because he was never really anything special in the ring.

What Dagger said.

Striker is a jobber and it would be surprising to see him become anything more. He has a pretty good look in the ring, but so do a lot of guys. Matt's style lends itself more to him getting the crap beat out of him by guys the company is trying to feature. I suppose if they want to use Matt on Smackdown, he can serve as Chavo Guerrero's replacement.

No big deal, either way.

one match, and people are talking of a comeback? Really? Really?
Though i'd prefer to see him in the ring then on commentry or interviewer, he sucks at that.
For a "teacher" he really isn't that intelligent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back