Matt Hardy Wins WHC at BFG; Vacates Title in Injunction Booking Angle

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
TNA is continuing the injunction storyline with Matt Hardy, as Hardy posted the video below in which he vacates the TNA World Title.

Hardy explained that TNA’s legal team informed him that his first court date in regards to the injunction EC3 has on Hardy, keeping him off TNA TV, is months away.

Hardy went on to say that he does not want to relinquish the TNA World Title, but he will because it’s what’s best for the company.

TNA will be making an announcement regarding the future of the World Title tomorrow:

--

@IMPACTWRESTLING:
REPORT - TNA Officials just learned the first available court date in @EthanCarterTNA/@MATTHARDYBRAND injunction case.

More to come...

--

@MATTHARDYBRAND
Just heard from the TNA legal department concerning EC3's injunction against me. The first court date is months away. This isn't good news.

--

[YOUTUBE]kyK0Mn6HkZA[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/627489-matt-hardy-vacates-the-tna-world-title

--

Can anyone explain this one to me? Hardy injured?

There is still some stuff taped, but nothing with Matt as champ. They can voice over with the results and still use the tape until they tape some new shows.

These legal things are always weird to me in wrestling. Complaining to the "commissioner" or something like that is one thing but going to court over it? How does that make sense but a wrestler isn't arrested everytime the beat up a ref? Again, it is one of those suspension of disbelief things that is a little hard to accept. In regards to the story, why have him win if you have stuff taped where he isn't champ? It was a dumb move. With only 2 ppvs now per year, you can expect more title changes on Impact - why not just do it there? Doing it on a ppv to have a big event and then having him drop it 2 days later isn't going to impress people.

There is still some stuff taped, but nothing with Matt as champ. They can voice over with the results and still use the tape until they tape some new shows.

Jesus Christ, so why not just have EC3 retain!? My word this is stupid shit.

I wonder how much they have left to use? I get the sense we're going to be shown ONO PPV's in whole or part to make up lost ground.

I really don't understand what's going on here. It seems like all this is happening on the internet since they haven't had an Impact since BFG. I thought it was stupid Hardy would win the title, didn't make much sense, but now they're doing this Injunction story? Reports have stated they've had this plan for a while.. As of right now i think it's a bad storyline but i'll wait for Impact to make more judgment on it.

Wtf? He wins the damn belt then vacates two days later because of a legal angle? Why the hell didn't they just let EC3 retain, or have him lose clean? Look I've tried to justify some of the decisions they've done over the last five years. There's no rationale here. If EC3 gets the title back over this shit, it's gonna make him look bad. I said it before, that outcome at BFG did no one any favors. Not TNA, not the wrestlers, not a soul. I need a drink now.

Wtf? He wins the damn belt then vacates two days later because of a legal angle? Why the hell didn't they just let EC3 retain, or have him lose clean? Look I've tried to justify some of the decisions they've done over the last five years. There's no rationale here. If EC3 gets the title back over this shit, it's gonna make him look bad. I said it before, that outcome at BFG did no one any favors. Not TNA, not the wrestlers, not a soul. I need a drink now.

Even if it was to send the North Carolina fans home happy if you're going to have him give up the title have EC3/Tyrus/whoever beat the shit out of him leaving him a bloody pulp meaning he has to vacate. That way it allows Matt Hardy and his assaliant seem credible and make the decision for him to win in the first place feel like a feel good moment and progress the storyline without seeming ******ed

Per main page:

TNA President Dixie Carter and Billy Corgan addressed the TNA World Heavyweight title situation in a new video, and they also addressed the injunction storyline with Ethan Carter III and Matt Hardy.

Dixie says she was ready to fight the injunction at all costs but after talking to Hardy yesterday, she made the decision to accept Hardy relinquishing the title.

As a result, there will be a “World Title Series” that starts on tonight’s Impact Wrestling and that will eventually see a new champion crowned. Corgan says they are confident this will give them the champion they need.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/627...gan-reveal-tnas-plans-for-the-tna-world-title

--

So yes, we're getting a tournament to crown a new champion which will probably involve a disgruntled Tyrus, the now #1 contender, and probably end with EC3 regaining his title, only to have to face his former body guard.

--

Update:

Here's the format:

The World Title Series will feature a format very similar to soccer’s World Cup, with thirty-two members of the IMPACT WRESTLING roster competing for the TNA World Championship. The wrestlers will be divided into eight groups to begin round-robin group play. Winners receive three points, a draw receives one point and a loss earns zero points. The top two point-getters from each group will advance to the field of 16 and a single elimination tournament where the competitor who wins advances and the loser goes home. The ultimate winner of the World Title Series will have survived the most grueling test in the history of wrestling and will be crowned the true and undisputed TNA World Champion.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/627643-tna-statement-matt-hardy-title

The storyline, at face value, is yet another WTF??? moment, but I'm all for the World Cup style tournament - it's something I wish had been done before, and massive tournaments make sense when the major promotional title is vacant, as surely it would be the target of every wrestler in the promotion. Also it makes pretty much every match meaningful to the fans

It would be amazing to find out what their thought process was when making the decision to put the title on Matt and then decide to vacate it after two days.

Well done and thank you TNA. I needed a good joke today

1294.gif

this is one of those "only in TNA" things and no, that's not a good thing.

For me, when i first heard about the vacated title, i thought, Matt must be hurt, but then i heard this was a planned story which is dumb enough itself and it just got worse. One reason was Dixie herself, she claimed EC3 did all this and because of the legal issues, the title wouldn't be on tv for weeks, maybe months....well, starting this LONG looking tournament will likely take......months.

Another issue, if EC3 is causing all this drama, why put him in this tournament?? and to make it worse, it makes TNA look bad. So all it takes for a heel wrestler to screw a face wrestler (when he loses a triple threat match) is to file an injunction.

and lastly, when i heard about a tournament, i was looking forward to it....BUT then i seen 1) the people in it and 2) the way it sounds. i dont mind the BFG type of rules, but why in the world is Bobby Roode or Kurt Angle not in this, but Gail Kim, Madison Rayne and Brooke Tessmacher are!!!?? i give those women a 0% chance of winning the world title, so why are they in this?? honestly, i can't see anyone, but EC3 winning this title....but i hope Aries wins it, however, i dont expect it.

This is the same company who "suspended" Bram, only to air literally every match he's wrestled for them that they taped to date, and are going to probably air more footage they had banked while they fill the void of not having full episodes taped before the India tapings.

I give them credit for coming up with a solution that should make sense, or at least does, in the context of the story line they're going with. But it's a problem they created themselves, needlessly. 100%.

Can they just like give the belt to either Brooke, Madison Rayne or Kong?

Because now that I think about it, I can get behind a female World champion

Can they just like give the belt to either Brooke, Madison Rayne or Kong?

Because now that I think about it, I can get behind a female World champion

While I'd love to see that one day, TNA is not the company to do this, and doing this would only further damage their already beyond repair reputation and brand.

They'd be ridiculed and mocked for it to no end. Worse than they're being ridiculed and mocked for the Matt Hardy debacle. Worse than they were ridiculed and mocked for the Jeff Hardy Victory Road scandal.

It's a great idea. For a smart company. Which makes it a bad idea for TNA.

....and just like that, TNA manage to mess up a potential decent idea.

They could have done literally anything with the draw. They could even have done a genuine draw - now THAT would have drummed up some interest. Have everyone's name in a hat and draw them out in groups of four, offering up chances to see matches that we've not seen before. The obvious reasons that promotions don't do this is so there isn't a group of death or a group of minnows - but then TNA have picked a 'champions' group and a 'wildcard' group anyway, so they may as well have done a genuine draw!

But my biggest gripe is: why did they feel the need to segregate wrestlers into specific groups? And why feature the Knockouts at all? Is the roster so thin they only have 28 active make wrestlers? Then you have the 'wildcard' group. Had those wrestlers filtered into other groups, you could see surprise results, given the 'points' style; but once they are in the knockout stages, they will be jobbed out to the headliners.

Once again a potentially great idea damaged in its infancy. Bravo, TNA...

But my biggest gripe is: why did they feel the need to segregate wrestlers into specific groups? And why feature the Knockouts at all? Is the roster so thin they only have 28 active make wrestlers?

The answer would be longevity. This storyline will take a few weeks up until the next and last set of tapings this year.

I agree about the knockouts, TNA should have made an attempt to get another 4 guys in the groups but the roster was thin and I think back then Magnus, Angle etc. were injured or leaving and I wouldn't be surprised if they might have to edit some of the footage and drop matches.

I don't care if people would mock and ridicule TNA for putting the belt on Kong. Kong as world champ would be more believable and relevant than Matt.

I'm liking this tournament idea so far.

BTW, what if TNA would do this all the time, meaning, the TNA shows themselves would be set-up like a year-long tournament with points. We wanted a new concept for wrestling but this could be it. It makes the matches means so much more.

Furthermore, if you go with this, you could use the opportunity to change the TNA name for good, whereas it's a tournament occuring on the Impact Wrestling TV show, you could name the concept "Impact Wrestling Championship(s)", ironically, IWC.

p.s. I think the reason TNA involved the women in this was First cause they wanted to one-up the WWE on this Diva Revolution, saying that their women "are equal to the men" and Secondly they wanted to involve Awesome Kong in the men matches.

TNA has done it again. Theyve hit the reset button when it seemed like they might actually be onto something. EC3 is a young champion and has shown he will go to bat for the company. Giving him an undefeated streak only to reward him witha three-month title reign makes no sense at all. If TNA does get another television contract, they will be looking for a new home this time next year, too. I guarantee it.

So far I've heard nothing but praise by the dirty sheets by their first taping of the World title Series. They like the sport feel of it.

It's strange going from their lowest place in reputation with the Matt Hardy fiasco to having a good portion of people liking this. I guess this hate/love relation people have with TNA will never end.

Well, for good reason. The series itself is cool. It's a great World Cup style tournament to crown a champion, like the BFG series they did years ago except expanded and better handled.

The problem isn't with this tournament itself. It's with why this tournament is happening.

Well, for good reason. The series itself is cool. It's a great World Cup style tournament to crown a champion, like the BFG series they did years ago except expanded and better handled.

The problem isn't with this tournament itself. It's with why this tournament is happening.
Yeah because Unpredictablity, Drama,Suspense, and Intrigue is so bad? You guys just like your standard pro wrestling while casual fans loves stuff like what TNA did with Matt vacating the title. When will hardcore wrestling fans realize they are the minority ? The angle was not stupid, It was not the worse story line ever and It was much better than just watching Matt show up on Impact with the title . Something we've seen forever. Doing something different should be applauded not bashed.

Yeah because Unpredictablity, Drama,Suspense, and Intrigue is so bad? You guys just like your standard pro wrestling while casual fans loves stuff like what TNA did with Matt vacating the title. When will hardcore wrestling fans realize they are the minority ? The angle was not stupid, It was not the worse story line ever and It was much better than just watching Matt show up on Impact with the title . Something we've seen forever. Doing something different should be applauded not bashed.

What it was was the best TNA could do considering they, to that point, had used all the current story line footage up. They were sitting on a stock pile of taped footage and have no plans to tape, I believe, until the India tour, which isn't for a while.

Logic says when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. They did the best they could with what they have, which is why I've said repeatedly that the concept is great, and it does make sense when you consider the why behind why they are doing it. But that doesn't make the why behind why they are doing it less embarrassing.

In an ideal world, this tournament never happens because they'd already have footage to work with to continue the existing story lines.

What it was was the best TNA could do considering they, to that point, had used all the current story line footage up. They were sitting on a stock pile of taped footage and have no plans to tape, I believe, until the India tour, which isn't for a while.

Logic says when life hands you lemons, make lemonade. They did the best they could with what they have, which is why I've said repeatedly that the concept is great, and it does make sense when you consider the why behind why they are doing it. But that doesn't make the why behind why they are doing it less embarrassing.

In an ideal world, this tournament never happens because they'd already have footage to work with to continue the existing story lines.
They had this thing planned this way. It was obvious with the round table stuff. If you think this was a last minute thing they just happen to come up with? Then WOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back