• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matt Hardy future-endeavored by rehab!

'Cause I'm too lazy to come up with my own post.

In all fairness, if he did indeed use mouthwash prior to this on-the-spot test he WOULD in fact fail the breathalyzer test. When I was in middle school we had a cop come to our school and talk about drunk driving, and he noted this very thing. He took one of the kids from the class and had them use mouthwash, then do a breathalyzer test which the student indeed failed.

The Matt Hardy situation brings up a couple different things in me. Since this is a spam zone, I'll be brief-ish...

1: Yes, he's still a good punchline. Well, he's still a punchline anyway. It is a little played out. He's Matt fucking Hardy. THAT IS THE JOKE.

2: Even if it's ok by me to laugh at it, I will say that people accusing him of being weak willed or whatever are quite off the mark. Once shit like that gets a hold of you, it's not a simple matter of just going "oh, I don't want to be an addict anymore". If you'd like to debate this further, go shoot up Heroin for a month or two then come back at me, bro.

3: HE CAN SLAP A TOMATO!

DirtyJosé;3528493 said:
2: Even if it's ok by me to laugh at it, I will say that people accusing him of being weak willed or whatever are quite off the mark. Once shit like that gets a hold of you, it's not a simple matter of just going "oh, I don't want to be an addict anymore". If you'd like to debate this further, go shoot up Heroin for a month or two then come back at me, bro.

The argument is he was mentally weak for choosing to start it.

It isn't so much you can't exonerate yourself from a heroin induced march, but that you wore the band uniform in the first place.

I'd love to see you make an excuse for that.

Excuse? Life. Is that one beer going to doom you to a life of alcoholism? Is taking the Percoset the dentist gave you going to make you a life long pill popper? Not likely.

Either way, why are you asking me to excuse anything? I'm not trying to defend his choices or his life path. I'm merely making it known that the line of attack I've read elsewhere on these boards are quite numb-skulled. If someone wants to attack him for ever taking any kind of substance in his life at all, go for it. I could use a good laugh.

Well I know rehab can be difficult for some people so i hope he gets better. It's a shame that people laugh at his misfortune and his difficult times.

It is also pretty disgusting that so many people go out of their way to offer up every excuse in the book for Benoit and yet have no sense of the scope of the real issue when it comes to someone like Hardy. All you straight edge teenage preachers should realize that perception is a hell of a drug.

If you are going to say someone is weak for getting hooked on pain pills without ever having even taken one yourself for legitimate injury then you are a) not credible in the least and b) extremely ignorant of the realistic history of the prowrestling business.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for him because he's an idiot or because he has so many issues. I'll just feel really, really sorry for him.

'Cause I'm too lazy to come up with my own post.
don't you think the people that are in charge of rehab facilities would also Know that and warn them not to use mouthwash? I mean they would know about that kind of stuff. It's no excuse.

don't you think the people that are in charge of rehab facilities would also Know that and warn them not to use mouthwash? I mean they would know about that kind of stuff. It's no excuse.

...or they could just smell his breath:shrug:

...or they could just smell his breath:shrug:
Lulz. I just don't understand why people use the mouth wash excuse. There is no way in hell, gargling a bit of mouth wash would register enough to make it look like he was drinking. I know it does blow the machine, but the person using the Breathalyzer would know how to tell the difference.

Lulz. I just don't understand why people use the mouth wash excuse. There is no way in hell, gargling a bit of mouth wash would register enough to make it look like he was drinking. I know it does blow the machine, but the person using the Breathalyzer would know how to tell the difference.

What I would like to know is how much mouthwash is the guy using that would cause him to "start acting suspiciously"?

What I would like to know is how much mouthwash is the guy using that would cause him to "start acting suspiciously"?

Come on now Justin, let's cut the guy a little slack and give him the benefit of the doubt. Sure, the mouthwash could register a failure on the breathalyzer, so that doesn't necessarily mean he was consuming alcohol. And his "suspicious behavior", there's any of a number of other drugs that Hardy could and likely did use to explain this. It's not like his addictions are restricted to booze :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back