• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Matches You Want To See Again

Hero_kidstackz

Dark Match Winner
So i have been watching alot of highlights on youtube of the old wwe/wwf ppvs and some matches i think wow that would be great to see that again. Todays ppv matches can get boring. It should be more championship scrambles, and ladder matches for the wwe and whc championships. Im pretty sure you guys would like some type of match to return you dont regularly see anymore. My choices are

Ladder Matches not including MiTB i mean ladder matches for the United states championship and for the Tag team championships. Tag team ladder matches has always been my favorite. Yea it might be one at Tlc and extreme rules but thats pretty much it it shouldnt have to be a gimmick ppv that showcase this match it could be done on raw and smackdown

Championship Scramble This match was only used like 3 or 4 times and i thought it was a great idea and concept its like the ultimate iron man match

Buried Alive Now this match might only work well for the undertaker and kane but i still love this this match it can bbe used to right people off screen and can be used

So what are some of your favorite matches you would like to see come around?

I hope we're never subjected to another buried alive match. The casket match fufills the function of a gothic match type just fine. It was always akward how long people would lay in the grave waiting to get buried.And despite their confusing rules I'd definitley like to see the Scramble match on a Smackdown or Raw maybe in place of a beat the clock to determine contenders. That concept never really got perfected and I definitley think there was something to it. Tag team ladder matches are certainly welcome back and I think its a nice cheap way to get the audience involved in the division again. The champs and the PTP's as well as Primo and Epico are well suited to this type of match and if not overused (to prevent long term injury) its a good idea to return some interest. I think more than anything WWE needs some new ideas for gimmick matches which is easier said than done.

Great point about the ladder matches. Due to MITB being its own PPV and featuring two ladder matches, we no longer get any other ladder matches. I think one on one ladder matches are the best kind, and are a great way to take someone on the cusp of greatness and give them a chance to become unforgettable.

I know people are split on Cody Rhodes but he's a guy who I think could wrestle a great ladder match. I know he's not a high-flyer but he's a great technical guy who I think would understand HOW to go about tackling the match using his own unique style. For those who are in the anti-Rhodes camp, a ladder match vs. Christian to blow off their IC feud would have been perfect. IMO.

Also, I was thinking about this re: Buried Alive Match. That and matches like the "Last Ride" match, Casket match, and to some degree the "Ambulance" Match - once Undertaker and Kane retire, will we ever see these again? I suppose not unless a new character is introduced, right?

Championship Scramble would be great to put some heat on the US and/or IC titles too, IMO

UMM, there is als a little PPVcalled TLC, which features at least one simple ladder match and one TLC match. To claim that the only ladder matches we gt are MiTB mathes is fundamentaly untrue.

Th Championshipscramble matches wuld be great forthe IC title and US title, agreed because you can really take an underdog low card guy and elevate him to a mid card champ. Also, it shows more guy interested in those straps.

If I never see another Buried Alive or Casket match, it will be far too soon.

I agree with every match that you have posted OP, except the Buried Alive match. I believe that this one onl works with The Undertaker and it's gimmick has become a little bit stale and old. But I'd like to add a few more..

Bra and Panties I know that we are in a "PG" world right now, but this match could still work. Divas aren't wearing strings or other sexy underwears any more (well they do, but we don't get to see them :p ). Anyways, this one needs to return. It's one of those things that really made women's wrestling entertaining.

Strecher When was the last time we saw a strecher match? I think it was in 2009, it was the third fall of the Triple H vs Randy Orton match at The Bash. Strecher matches are really exciting and can offer great entertainment if both wrestlers use its elements correctly.

3 Stages of Hell Since 2009 (the year of many "last" things) a lot of 2-out-of-3 Falls matches have taken place, but none og them had stipulations. I thought that we were going to get a 3 Stages of Hell match this year at Extreme Rules and I'm talking about Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan, but we didn't. Quite a shame though because that's a match with some great moments over the years and brings us a lot of memories.

And a wild choice:
Inferno Kane's signature match. The last Inferno match took place in 2006 I believe and it featured Kane vs MVP. This one doesn't provide wrestling at its finest or great action. It was made in order to enhance the Kane vs Undertaker feud but it soon became a match that its only purpose was to see the "bad" guy get burned.

Ladder : I agree with you on this one, some of the most legendary matches have been ladder matches. I'm sure Christian could have a really memorable ladder match for the IC title at SummerSlam.

Falls Count Anywhere : When planned right, a FCA match is really entertaining. You get some pretty cool backstage spots, but I wouldn't plan one too often

Submission : C'mon, you can't tell me CM Punk and Daniel Bryan couldn't put on a great submission match

Last Man Standing : Same explanation as Falls Count Anywhere, only to be used to end a real personal feud

Wild Card matches

Empty Arena : As awkward as they are, i'd enjoy seeing one more.

First Blood : Kinda self explanitory

1.) Boiler Room matches simply because of how unique they were, and I feel that ADR would benefit from this style match right now with the aggressiveness streak.

2.) Buried Alive matches simply because it would be a good way to give an injured superstar time off to heal or for surgery or to film a movie and hasnt been done in quite some time.

3.) Iron Man Match, especially for like CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan or having these 2 involved in one, would be amazing. Another style match that we hardly ever see

Old School: Chain Matches (connected to wrist), Texas Cowbell matches (like Chain Match), Four Corners Match (drag your opponent and touch each corner to win)

I also miss placing bounties (ie...$10,000) to take a wrestler out. In the old NWA territory days, it was more entertaining when the heel(s) would have a bounty on their heads because the good guys wanted them gone...like when the Road Warriors were tearing up Georgia Championship Wrestling or Joe Blanchard wanted the Sheepherders out of Texas.

There are several favorites of mine I want to see again, but there are also several ideas I have floating around for match types and am going to post them here.

Classic Match Types:

War Games: I definitely want to see Survivor Series use a Side-By-Side cage like at Fall Brawl: War Games.

Doomsday Cage/Triple Cage Match: I also want to see the stacked Cages like in WCW. I want to see more Inferno matches. It seems like WWE only lets people with bodysuits wrestle in them. Why not force the wrestlers to wear a bodysuit for the match?

Lion's Den Match: Lion's Den Match for sure! I love those matches and wish to see Undertaker Vs Lesnar in the Den.

Barbed Wire Cage Match: The classic barbed wire cage match

Ambulance Match: Beat your opponeont then toss him into an ambulance, close the doors, and you win.

My Original Match Type Ideas:

Table Elimination Match: Combine an Elimination Match With Table Match Rules

Three Stages of Hell In A Cell Match: The classic 3 stages of Hell rules inside a Cell.

Barbed Wire Strap Match: Wrestlers each pull on a barbed wire wrapped chain trying to touch all four turnbuckles which are also wrapped in barbed wire as well as barbed wire ropes.

Hell In Mud Match: Divas in bikinis try to locate the key to the cell doors hidden in the mud.

Royal Rumble At The Beach: A Royal Rumble match in a ring surrounded by water

Royal Inferno Match: A Royal Rumble taking place in an Inferno ring

Crematory Match: Toss your opponent in a casket, close it, and set it on fire.

Roulette Wheel of Weapondry: Every minute, a wheel is spun, and a weapon chosen by the wheel is tossed into a Cage Match.

3 Stages of Hell In A Cell Divas Match: 1st Level; Pajama Pillow Fight, 2nd Level; Bra and Panties Match, 3rd Level: Mud Match

Reverse Divas Ladder Match: The Diva to successfully hang her opponent's top and bottom on the hook above the ring wins.

Roulette Wheel Rules: Every minute the rules change. You might have to make a pinfall, you might have to make somone submit, you might have to KO someone, you might have to toss them over the ropes, etc.

Lion's Den Elimination Match: Winner of a Lion's Den Match faces the winner of a differnent Lion's Den Match until all but one is eliminated.

Electrified Lion's Den Match: The walls will be electrified.

3 Strikes: You must nail your opponent 3 times using 3 different weapons.

Swirly Match: First person to give their opponeont a swirly in the bathroom wins. (Yeah, I'm out of ideas.)

Thre stages of hell is one of the best gimmick matches the E has had. There can be a aridity added to it depending on the workers.

A lion's den with Taker and Lesnar? Do you remember how small that thing was? They would barely move.

War Games is an all time classic. The biggest issue was the use of two rings and te space it took up. to do it with one ring, in a cell, let's say, would be called a rip off of Lethal Lockdown, which well is a rip off of Wargames :s

Three stages of hell all the way.

Id also like to see a return of the more standard one on one ladder matches. Obviously its great having a load of people, and makes for some exciting bits, but TLC/MITB ppv's have diluted what they once were. Id love to see a Ladder match between Punk and Ziggler in the future.

Ultimate Submission matches were always awesome as well.

i would say a STRAP MATCH. not seen one of those in a long time. but every time i do see one they are always great to watch. after that maybe a BLINDFOLD MATCH. watch many of these matches back in the day and i think the best one i ever saw was jake the snake vs rick martel. great match jake really got the crowd involved. i also think it would work well in wwe with the style of matches wwe go for at the moment.

Ladder matches:
This is a classic match for WWE that does wonders for feuds. I remember the 2002 Eddie Guerrero/Edge ladder match in which Guerrero lost but still got a standing ovation afterwards[which was impressive since Guerrero was heel]. All of the HBK ladder matches were defining for what ladder matches would become in the future. His original with Razor Ramon at Wrestlemania[wasnt it WM 10?] was a classic that very few have lived up to.

Hardcore matches:
If done correctly, hardcore matches are innovative and downright fun to watch. With the right performer, hardcore matches are the highlight of the show. I'd really like to see a return of the hardcore division. It's probably unrealistic considering WWE is now PG and they are strict on wellness policy violations[with concussions and all].

TLC match:
I enjoyed the TLC matches by Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boyz, and The Dudleys. These matches showcase the best of ladder and hardcore matches combined. This has been missing for awhile now and having it return periodically would really help put over feuds with tag teams[which WWE are really short on].

Cage matches:
While WWE occasionally does these, I think they don't setup their uses quite the same anymore. Cage matches were sometimes the end of a major feud and used to signify how bitter rivals hated each other. Some of the biggest moments came from cage matches.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Armageddon HITC. That would be great for the WWE and World Championship matches.
I also miss War Games. Classic matches happened in there. It could be for a belt or a serious feud between teams or stables.
Iron Man matches were always pretty good, but again you have to have the right wrestlers to execute that well.
Tag Team steel cage. I remember Steiner’s vs Money Inc and Ted is out along with Rick Steiner and IRS is trying to get out and Rick is holding him up as Ted is beating the crap out of him till Scott Steiner gets out. That was awesome.

(Ultimate) Submission. I'd love to see both match types return, Bryan and Punk could put on a submission clinic and it would be awesome. In the case of Ultimate Submission, you could add a stipulation that meant each fall had to be a different submission

A Lions Den match would be good, but only with the right people involved. Once again Bryan and Punk come to mind.

Championship Scramble, it was a very interesting match. When the time was running out you could sense the desperation in the wrestlers involved. I did think that this would be a yearly occurrence. I think you could alter it slightly and use it to decide the Number 1 contender at Mania for the non Royal Rumble winner. I'm bored of the Elimination Chamber.

Over all these years, we've seen an uncountable number of match types, stipulations, structures, etc. Some of these had some great build up, great concepts, and great results; exciting, innovative, exhilarating. Others however, were seen once, and never again due to their ridiculousness, or their massive failures at getting the crowd and viewers attention.

So, pretty straight forward thread here. Answer any or all of the following.

What Match Type would you like to see come back to WWE?

What Stipulations in the past would you like to see return, or a variation of?

What structures have been used in the past, that are no longer used, or used as often as they should be?

Are there any match types, stipulations, or structures, from other wrestling organizations you'd like to see in WWE?

I would like to see more one on one Ladder matches, and also I really wanted to see the return of the Ironman match especially for the Punk/Bryan feud. Championship Scramble is also on I would like to see back. It can be a bit jumbled and out of control so I wouldn't want to see them all the time, but a once a year thing could be cool. It is an unpredictable match and you never really know who is going to win.

Matches I would like to see more of:

Championship Scrambles:
Thought it was a great innovative match when first introduced and is fun to watch. I don't know why they don't do it much anymore because from a fan stand point and for the WWE trying to give the fans something to enjoy it is a great idea because you can actually have face Superstars get pins during the match and be the temporary champion which gives the fans a pop. Usually it will be a heel who ends up winning in the end but that isn't always the case!

These matches are also great because it uses up more talent. Sure a few Superstars in these matches you know probably won't win but that's the way it is with many matches but at least you know it should be fun to watch!

Falls Count Anywhere / No Holds Barred:
I know there was just one of these matches on Raw the other night but I'd like to see more. I know there won't be a real Hardcore division in WWE anytime soon but these matches can be fun to watch. I love when they go backstage and throw a guy onto a catering table or splash water in their face or throw them into a bunch of garbage cans. It probably doesn't hurt a lot in reality but it's damn fun to watch.

Elmination Matches:
I guess WWE likes to save this type of match only for Survivor Series but I'd like to see it more. I'd like to see more Triple Threat, Fatal 4 Way or Six Pack Challenges with elminations, that way you get to see more big moves and pin falls and likely a fairly good length match.

Tag Team Turmoil:
Another great match type that really needs to come back. Tag Team Turmoil is basically the version of Championship Scramble for Tag Teams but it is a bit cleaner than having 8 or 12 wrestlers in the same ring... they just come out 2 at a time so it's a 2 on 2 match until there is a pinfall then the next team comes in.

This is a GREAT match type to boost the Tag Team Division and give each tag team some more exposure. I like this match type a lot better than the 3 or 4 corners tag matches where all tag teams are there at the same time. It's too crowded.

Tag Team Turmoil match can work as a Championship match OR to determine a new #1 Contender.

A couple of matches I liked were from WCW. One is the classic War Games. It could be done at Survivor Series(would technically be a "Fall Brawl") to replace a traditional tag match. The other one is the Triple Cage. Something unique and it was for the world title.

Others I'd like are
Inferno Match: If this is Kane's last run, make it mean something. You could put a younger guy against him and it still wouldn't be bad(see MVP).

Punjabi Prison: If Khali's gonna stick around then you might as well make use out of him and hide his weaknesses. I actually liked this concept, but I think they would need to figure out a way for the audience to view it better.

Hardcore: By this I mean matches that go all over the building, out in the parking lot, onto the streets, etc. I wouldn't mind the 24/7 rule as it adds an unpredictable feel to it(as in who's gonna interfere) and it'll give alot of the current roster something to do instead of just taking up space.

I would love to see the three stages of hell match back, the one that hbk and hhh had at armagedon was a classic

Yeah, that was an amazing match. I'd love to see another 3 stages of Hell match. They were so intense and was great for a serious feud. Plus, they were amazing spectacles that people would be talking about for years (i.e. HBK vs HHH in 3 stages of hell) not just a regular singles match that is forgotten in one night. The only downside is the danger factor, but other that there isn't another reason not to bring it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back