• The Undertaker vs. HHH - Wrestlemania 28

• Sheamus vs. Big Show - Hell in a Cell

• Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles - Destination X

• AJ Styles/Kurt Angle vs. Kazarian/Christopher Daniels - Slammiversary

• Bobby Roode vs. James Storm - Lockdown

• Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan - Extreme Rules

• Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena - Extreme Rules

Results are only viewable after voting.
Cena vs. Lesnar was awesome, but let's face.... Cena carried that entire match. He basically let Lesnar beat the shit out of him and then made a miraculous comeback at the end. Great story, brutal match, but it's been done before in Flair vs. Vader and Shane Douglas vs. Bam Bam Bigelow.

I voted Punk vs. Bryan. Two brilliant artist in that ring doing their thing for 25 minutes straight. The ending might not have been the greatest for some, but it left it open for the feud to continue, which was a great thing since these two would go on to give us two more months of tremendous television.

Cena vs. Lesnar was awesome, but let's face.... Cena carried that entire match. He basically let Lesnar beat the shit out of him and then made a miraculous comeback at the end. Great story, brutal match, but it's been done before in Flair vs. Vader and Shane Douglas vs. Bam Bam Bigelow.

Taming of the Shrew had been done before too, but 10 Things I Hate About You is still a fantastic movie. Give me an amazing in-ring story with great physicality between two red hot opponents over two after thought wrestlers trading holds any day of the week.

I voted Punk vs. Bryan. Two brilliant artist in that ring doing their thing for 25 minutes straight. The ending might not have been the greatest for some, but it left it open for the feud to continue, which was a great thing since these two would go on to give us two more months of tremendous television.

It was a very, very, very good match... but it was not a great match. Extremely entertaining but it didn't have the physicality that career matches usually do. Cena/Lesnar will be one of the matches that highlight their careers. CM Punk/DBD will make their DVDs, but it likely won't be in their top 5. Well, it might for Bryan depending on how the rest of his WWE career goes, but Punk has already had better matches with Jericho, Mysterio, and Cena.

Having no ROH match on this list is a failure.
MOTY is Elgin v. Richards at Showdown in the Sun Night 2. And Elgin against Steen from Glory By Honor was the second best match.

The best match actually on the list is clearly the Punk/Bryan contest from OTL, with the Destination-X main event and the "End of an Era" match being the only other two even close to that one.

Undertaker vs. HHH is winning? WTF?!?!?!

Bryan vs. Punk was easily the match of the year.

Undertaker vs. Triple H was much better than Bryan vs. Punk in terms of storytelling and feeling. Punk vs. Brian was good, but Undertaker vs. Triple H was just phenomenal and was easily the best match at WrestleMania, making it all the more important.

Punk and Bryan's matches were great matches, but they just were not on the level of some of these other ones. Cena vs. Lesnar was a classic, Taker vs HHH was a classic, hell, given the circumstances, Rock/Cena was a masterpiece.

Also, I haven't seen every one of the matches on the poll, but of the ones I have Roode/Storm at BFG is the worst. It was a solid match, but nowhere near any of these.

Brock vs. Cena is 25 minutes of the most awe-inspiring brutality I have ever witnessed. I sat and watched the entire thing with my mouth wide open. Never before has a match done that, and I'm not so sure a match ever will again. Great build lead to an outstanding piece of work.

There are a few good choices here and I haven't decided yet but I'm surprised Cena vs. Punk from Night of Champions isn't on the list. Honestly, I probably wouldn't vote for it anyway but I figured it would have been nominated. I blame myself.

No match even came close to telling a story like the End Of An Era Hell In A Cell. It takes the cake. All these were great, but this was a match I could watch a thousand times and not get tired of it. The match from before the bell, bell to bell, and the epic walking up the entrance scene afterwards, was simply great.

To me, Aries vs Roode was the best match of the year. You have two very athletic wrestlers (not entertainers) giving a real show of a match with a strong story. The intrigue for me is that now the holder of the X-Division up to the X-Div PPV can vy for the TNA World Heavyweight title, which gives the X-title the credibility that is deserving of a step up championship. Something that the IC and US titles used to be before the WWE watered them down so long ago.

I'm a real sucker for surprises, false finishes, and a match that can go any way at any point. For me that match of 2012 was Aries Vs. Roode. The build of the match had me thinking Roode would win for sure and then eventually face storm at BFG. The in ring story threw me through twist after twist and I was in awe with the ending. Amazing match.

Lesnar Cena to me went in this time line:

Oh look John Cena is getting his ass kicked for 20 mins- HOLY FUCK LESNAR JUST JUMPED OVER THE ROPES HE MUST BE FUCKING DEAD- Oh, nvm he's kicking JCs ass for another 5 mins- Oh Cena won? Well that doesn't make sense.

Just wasn't a fan

Taker-HHH told a great story but wasn't as exciting to me as roode-aries

GJ to the 2 people who agree with me lol

Who'd have ever thought Big Show would have a match on here, eh? Not that it isn't deserved. I haven't seen Lesnar/Cena or Bryan/Punk. Yes, this rock gets uncomfortable sometimes. But I have seen Rock/Cena and Undertaker/HHH. And let me tell you, those two matches were classics. Undertaker/HHH winning it, only just, for me. People perplexed at it winning this poll need to remove their heads from their anuses, then proceed to actually watch the match whilst scrubbing that shithead of theirs. Something of a necessity.

Undertaker vs. Triple H was much better than Bryan vs. Punk in terms of storytelling and feeling. Punk vs. Brian was good, but Undertaker vs. Triple H was just phenomenal and was easily the best match at WrestleMania, making it all the more important.

It was the best match at Wrestlemania, but not the best match of the year. The story you speak of, was better than the actual match. The match by itself, was not anything that hasn't been seen before.

In terms of the actual match itself, Punk vs. Bryan was one of the best matches in WWE history.

It's MATCH of the year......not STORY of the year.

It was the best match at Wrestlemania, but not the best match of the year. The story you speak of, was better than the actual match. The match by itself, was not anything that hasn't been seen before.

In terms of the actual match itself, Punk vs. Bryan was one of the best matches in WWE history.

It's MATCH of the year......not STORY of the year.

Shut the fuck up. In order to be a good match, it HAS to tell a good story, moron. ANYBODY can just go out there and do a bunch of wrestling moves, great wrestlers tell stories with their matches.

Now that's not to say that Punk/Bryan didn't tell a good story, it just wasn't on the same level as any of these other ones.

Everybody, shut up.

Stop arguing about the merits of Punk and Bryan compared to the other matches. Just don't go there.

How did the wrong Punk-Bryan get nominated?! Honestly. We nominated the "hey look, we're having a great match" match, but not the actual great match?!

Fuck everyone.

Oh, and it's Bryan vs Sheamus. Close second to Lesnar vs Cena. Third would be Cena vs Punk. Shawn Michaels crying in HIAC still makes me laugh.

Lesnar and Cena was a special format breaking match, Cena being the guy to take all of the beat-down and for that it was very memorable. It won't beat out Taker and Trips at mania for me though. Making sure the fans of Miami got their moneys worth.

Sheamus/Bryan is truly the under appreciated gem of this poll and by far the best world title match of the year. I can see why on first viewing I thought it was a very great match but didn't think of it higher than the match winning right now and the other the match thats at a very far distant second but then on re-watch value it held up better than both of them thats the power of Bryan and Sheamus' chemistry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back