• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Massage: Cheating?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I know Pulp Fiction covered foot massages, but this is different...

For the past week or so, my shoulder has been killing me, and it's hurt to lift my arms past my chest. This woman at work (roughly 35, moderately attractive) offered to rub it for me tomorrow, since she was already leaving by the time I got to work today.

I told Emily it had been bothering me, she said to have someone rub the knot out (since she's an hour away, and won't be up for a few weeks), and I informed her of everything that was talked about today. She's fine about it, but I still feel awkward having another woman rubbing me like that, even if Emily approves.

There's no temptation there...It's just that a massage is a little much, no matter the circumstances...Your thoughts?

*awaits the NorCal line of "would you mind Emily geting rubbed down by a dude"*

Me and my boyfriend had this conversation. He can have a massage if it's a guy. If a girl tried to touch him I would kick her ass.

Me and my boyfriend had this conversation. He can have a massage if it's a guy. If a girl tried to touch him I would kick her ass.

I thought Emily would be the same way, but she also knows my arm is killing me, and hates seeing me in pain.

We are also very trusting of each other. She knows it would be at work anyway. It's not like I invited her over to give me a deep tissue massage.

shoulder fine as long as nothing else goes on it ain't cheating

Definitely just my shoulder. It's the side I sleep on, and the power went out last week, so I was freezing and laying on it. Probably just tweaked it wrong.

Don't see why it would matter if it's your arm. As long as there's no attraction, then you shouldn't have that much to worry about.

It's like saying going to the physiotherapist to get your leg rehabilitated (requiring massaging in tender and unspeakable areas) is cheating.

You'll be fine as long as your partner's fine with it, the person who rubbed your shoulder did it to help you positively and you come out the same way you came into the situation, except with a better shoulder.

Well I can kinda see where you are coming from. Its the problem of something starting to build within the work enviroment- with someone you see pretty frequently. Even if say you saw a professional and she was very attractive it wouldn't really matter because you wouldn't see her again. But yeah there is no problem as such with the back massage- just more if this other person takes it as an invite to start to get interested in you.

Are you getting off from it?

One, because that's what cheating in this case would fall under, because you're not taking her out on a date or something like that.

Two, because if you're getting off to a chick touching your shoulder than you really need to get some stamina under your belt.

I can't. I'm a possessive, jealous, paranoid girlfriend. If he still wants to be with me while knowing this, he must love me.

How could this possibly be viewed as cheating? Your girlfriend knows about it, you were totally upfront about it, she's OK with it and has told you so. You've said there's no temptation there, that there's nothing more to it other than a co-worker helping you out.

As long as the co-worker is clear, and she doesn't read more into it than what it actually is. And as long as you're being honest that there is no temptation there. Because if this turned out to be an ongoing thing, it could become a problem.

I can't. I'm a possessive, jealous, paranoid girlfriend. If he still wants to be with me while knowing this, he must love me.

How old is he? Seventeen, eighteen? Guys' tastes aren't all that discerning at that age. Not to say you're not a wonderful girlfriend - I'm sure you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back