• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

mask vs mask...

Arsenal 4 life

Frankie <3
If Rey Mysterio vs sin cara is going to happen...which we know it will it going to have too be mask vs mask?! Isn't it?! Think about it they both have mask's the only two current superstar's that do (correct me if im wrong)

If this were too happenen who would win?

I would say Sin Cara , because he still has a lot of time left in the wwe and if he does i would say rey rey would leave ,, leaving the way for Cara.

thoughts?

i do not see that happening because where they come from, their masks are a sign of pride and mean alot to them. The unmasking concept in WCW was one of the reasons Rey Mysterion left WCW for WWE. they should just leave the mask vs mask idea alone bacause someone would have to unmask and WWE would risk losing a very talented wrestler to TNA or another wrestling organization.

I think a mask vs mask match would be a terrible idea. Going down this road where the loser has to take the ultimate fall from grace and be unmasked is not going to help either superstar.
It would permanently tarnish the years of work for rey mysterio ("remember mysterio?, oh yeah he lost his mask, man he was so much cooler with the mask".) People would just talk about his mask. Or it would start sin cara's career off on a really bad foot , debuting with his mask just to lose it to mysterio and be buried essentially months later.

I would like to see a mysterio vs cara match, but not for that reason. I would like to see them show respect to each other in the ring and deliver one hell of a spectacle for all of us, and for neither to be unmasked and shamed.

Neither superstar would agree to unmask. Especially considering the marketability of mysterios mask in the WWE. they're probably counting on the same in Sin Cara once he establishes himself. I Wouldnt want it to be mask vs. Mask anyway. The more I think about it, the less I want to see them one on one at all. Mistico would wrestle circles around mysterio, but he'd still have to play it off as if mysterio could win. Blah.

The only reason for a mask vs mask would be if there is no other way to show a winner (similar to what a steal cage match is supposed to do) or if one of them was going to change his character up. I don't either of them happening. I did hear awhile back that they might feud, by having sin cara pretend to be rey.

Exactly, he was bound to show up in WWE anyways, so the mask thing was not trully the issue. Anyways if they do it, they have to do it quick because Rey might retire soon when i don't know but he has to consider it as his knees are shot.

It was a issue. he even says it in this interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7UssBrf7Cs

But I doubt there will be a mask vs. mask with those two. Only person I can think of would be Rey vs. Cody or something.

If Rey Mysterio vs sin cara is going to happen...which we know it will it going to have too be mask vs mask?! Isn't it?! Think about it they both have mask's the only two current superstar's that do (correct me if im wrong)

If this were too happenen who would win?

I would say Sin Cara , because he still has a lot of time left in the wwe and if he does i would say rey rey would leave ,, leaving the way for Cara.

thoughts?

I'm trying not to be mean in this post but you have given me really little to work with... Can you give an example of how a mask versus mask match will NOT bury one of the wrestlers? Just because both wrestlers have the same style and the same heritage, why does one HAVE to lose their mask? Its not something many fans I know would want to see... so why exactly is this something you want to see?

Masks are in all honestly, a wrestler's honour. If you were too take off either guys mask it would just be horrible, it just wouldn't be right. I would hate this idea if WWE were to do this as you can't have a Mexican star without a mask that is wearing one, it just is tradition.

i do not see that happening because where they come from, their masks are a sign of pride and mean alot to them. The unmasking concept in WCW was one of the reasons Rey Mysterion left WCW for WWE. they should just leave the mask vs mask idea alone bacause someone would have to unmask and WWE would risk losing a very talented wrestler to TNA or another wrestling organization.

Rey never left WCW for WWE, he went down with WCW where he went on to wrestle in various Mexican promotions, before debuting in the WWE. That being said, I don't see how there's any honor for Sin Cara in winning an already fallen mask. They should just feud so we can see if Rey can still go with, imo the best luchador in the world.

UHHHH as someone else said...no it wasnt...rey was on the last nitro.....he and kidman either won or retained the tag team cruiserweight belts from skipper and kid romeo( i know skipper and romeo beat them in the intial tourny i just dont know what happened to that leading to the match towho had the belts).... wcw was long gone before rey joined wwe, it was close to a year before he moved over. apparently u dont keep up with the news , as rey is pretty much on his way out of the company.... i dont see how rey losing his mask AGAIN really hurts him, most of us, esp the people who watch tna, already know what he looks like without.... and its highly doubtful sin would lose as he just joined while rey is on his way out

that said, the only way this match(not mask vs mask, but rey vs sin ) is if rey pushes for it to be his last match or feud.... rey might want to do a passing of the torch to sin, as i believe he was one of the major guys pushing for wwe to sign him....if a mask vs mask happened i wouldnt be shocked as rey has shown before he didnt mind losing his mask

Well WCW was going downhill anyways, so he was bound to go to WWE. It was an issue yes, but like i said he was bound to go to WWE

issue or not.....its not why he left..... how could someone "leave" when the their on the companys LAST show and the promotion was bought out after.... wcw was long dead before rey signed with wwe.... the only guys who left were benoit,eddie,saturn and jericho..... jericho and eddie felt they wernt being used right, benoit the same but wcw tried everything possible to keep him(hence his title reigns) but with the bad blood with sullivan it and other frustrations it was just too much. saturn followed...... rey was with the filthy animals during wcws final run..if i remember right there were multiple varitons of the group... in the final year (correct me if wrong) , f.a. was heel(i know they were during the whole new blood fued) then towards the end turned face with konnan,disco,kidman and unmasked rey(instead of mask he was wearing horns)....... rey and kidman were entered in the newly formed wcw cruiserweight tag tourny....(where aj styles made his first big break on tv) which lead to them getting all the way to the finals(on the last ppv i believe) to be beaten by skipper and kid romeo, romeo caught rey trying to do a moonsault and hit him with his finisher ...... a rematch was had on the last nitro(the nitro vince appeared and shane started the angle that he bought wcw) where kidman and rey won the belts

but again to on topic: wouldnt be shocked if this was reys last fued or match as he himself pushed hard for sin cara/mistico to join wwe....rey looks at him to be his succesor and will pass the torch to him.....i doubt wwe will turn either guy so it might just be a face face match(who knows e might let rey just shoot it and give a good promo to him saying this is the way he wants to go out, facing sin)....... i wouldnt bet on it being mask vs mask, bc again i hope e doesnt think that were that stupid to realize who would lose

I don't see it happening because both are faces, now and always will be. The style of wrestling that they both have would be amazing together but it would have to be a friendlier competition. The mask vs. mask idea would never work between the two of them because, as many others have put, it's a wrestlers honor. To remove Rey's or Sin's mask would be the ultimate heel move that would never be, cause neither would let the WWE do it.

Another reason is they would lose something to there characters, like Kane ,they would still be a good talent to have, but just missing something. The WWE has also stereotyped the mexican masked character to the point of no return, and with good reason, it seems every kid in the front row has a rey mysterio mask on. The money in the mask is only made if the man is kept in the mask

The only mask vs. mask match in the future is as stated by K_Prime is eithier a Rey v. Cody or the less likely Sin Cara v. Cody.

I don't see it happening because both are faces, now and always will be. The style of wrestling that they both have would be amazing together but it would have to be a friendlier competition. The mask vs. mask idea would never work between the two of them because, as many others have put, it's a wrestlers honor. To remove Rey's or Sin's mask would be the ultimate heel move that would never be, cause neither would let the WWE do it.

Another reason is they would lose something to there characters, like Kane ,they would still be a good talent to have, but just missing something. The WWE has also stereotyped the mexican masked character to the point of no return, and with good reason, it seems every kid in the front row has a rey mysterio mask on. The money in the mask is only made if the man is kept in the mask

The only mask vs. mask match in the future is as stated by K_Prime is eithier a Rey v. Cody or the less likely Sin Cara v. Cody.

the fued WILL happen as reys last fued/match.....so rey losing really doesnt mean much...its bound to happen...its just the question of will they do a heel vs face(i doubt theyd turn cara heel, and i doubt theyd have a leaving rey turn heel) its going to be a face vs face fued built around the 2 having respect for each other and rey wanting to pass the torch as he said he wants to do in real life....... the only question is to how e will go into it and the slim chance if it will be mask vs mask.... imho opinion the best way this goes down is if its in the final month of his contract and rey calls out sin and tells him that he wants to pass torch and wants a match with him to say good bye...obviously hed lose at the ppv and the next night he says his goodbye

Cara has to put in a helluva better showing than what we've seen so far for anything like that to even be possible. You are talking about this guy like he's a main eventer..he's had ONE telivised match, and it was botched. I think this discussion needs to be tabled until Sin Cara proves he can actually bring it. I remember Rey's first telivised match on Nitro against Malenko. You were seeing something that had never been seen before--and it wasnt Dean sitting on the top turnbuckle for five minutes looking like an idiot while he waited for Rey to repeat the spot.

And if Sin Cara DOES improve and make it to the main event level, mask vs mask will not happen because both wrestlers are faces. Rey might lose his mask before it's all said and done, but it will be to a good heel like Jericho, Punk, or Orton.

A Mask vs Mask match sounds like a HORRIBLE idea. The masks are the wrestler's honor and shows their loyalty. Making them take their mask off is a huge slip in the face. There is no way Mysterio would agree to it and same with Sin Cara. It will also piss off the fans a lot because everyone knows how the masks are basically sacred. Don't forget that WWE also signed Sin Cara as a way to appeal to more fans, making him take his mask off would be counter-productive.

i would enjoy rey vs sin cara, cause those 2 are great wrestlers. i would like to see rey win it, but at the same time, like said above rey's time in the wwe is limited, so i would have to say that sin cara winning would be the best idea, he is new, has alot of time with wwe yet, so i have high hopes for sin cara, maybe not alot of world championships (similar to rey mysterio), however, sin cara can do good just having huge matches, im sure most people would agree with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back