• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mark Out Moments In Gaming

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
Throughout every generation of gaming we have seen a ton of huge announcements and moments that have stood out to us as individual gamers. Some of these events if you will have been big huge to us in our own way. These have been the moments that make us happy to be gamers and will always stand out to us for their own reasons. These moments are what I like to call a gamer's "mark out" moments.

Now I will begin to share you mine and then I will read along with whomever also posts theirs in here. My biggest mark out moment I've ever had as a gamer would have to have been on October 10th, 2007, this was the day that Sonic The Hedgehog was announced as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I will now begin to explain why this made me as giddy with joy as it did.

The buildup to Brawl was very intense. Since Kingdom Hearts 2 there hasn't been a game I anticipated more than Brawl. I was a major fan of the first two games so I just had to get the third installment. The speculation on which new characters would be added to the game made the anticipation that much more intense for me. The website would post updates every day and that started at the beginning of 2007, to keep fans updated with the games status. Many exciting characters were announced to be in the game through this website such as Diddy Kong and Lucas but no bigger character could make me go apeshit more than what was announced a few days after Lucas.

The inclusion of Solid Snake in Brawl, really did give us another thing to think about when it came to new character inclusions in the game. We could actually have a few non Nintendo characters in the game. Many people's first natural choice was Sonic The Hedgehog. He was the most requested to be included in the game and the idea that he could be in it made it all that much better. The idea of Mario vs. Sonic is a dream match for any 90s gamers because it was the two icons that went head to head during their childhoods such as myself. It was a dream Smash encounter that people hoped would happen in Melee and now there was a bigger chance of it happening in Brawl.

Then came October 10th, 2007 with the epic announcement that rocked the Nintendo world. Brawl's website had announced that Sonic had been included as a new playable character. There were screenshots and even a debut promo video to go along with the shocking revelation. I was more excited than I had ever been as a gamer and the wishes of many other fans came true that day as well.

Now feel free to share moments from gaming history that made you mark out like this or similarly. I know as gamers we all have our moments like this so let's share them within this thread. Again nothing beats this moment for me:

[YOUTUBE]NouGAAxktZ4[/YOUTUBE]

Lee said:
Mod note: If it involves an actual plot of a game please use spoiler tags.

Personally, the last time I marked out when I saw an advertisement or "teaser trailer" for a game was on TV late last year. I saw the teaser trailer on TV for Modern Warfare 2 and I was marking out so bad because it looked so fucking epic. Just the use of clips and excitement that was going on in the actual trailer was damn epic. Not to mention having "Till I Collapse" in the background, that made it more epic.

Of course, I'm guttered now cos' it's shit; but hey! I marked out didn't I? :D

Good thread.

I think I recently had my mark out moment in gaming when I first saw Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's one of my top 5 favorite fighting games of all time. I used to play it every weekend with my brother and cousins at the arcade of our movie theater. I was sitting at home watching G4 tv with my brother. I forgot which gaming expo it was but when they announce the first look at Marvel vs Capcom 3; I had to ask my brother did he see hear what I heard.

Here's the trailer that made me mark out:

[youtube]e-Swd6fHCps[/youtube]

I have to say I mark out everytime I see a noper pooperaroo a.k.a NO SCOPE!!!!!, in Halo 3 for the main reason that you have no idea when it is going to happen or how it will affect the gameplay of your teammates or opponents.

When someone whether me, a friend, or a pro that I'm watching on MLG a no scope always has me going. What the hell just happened? He did he just hit a no scope. Then I have to watch it for about ten times.

I really don't have a favorite no scope because chosing one is just impossible.

P.S. Noper is a one shot kill with a sniper rifle. To get a one shot kill in Halo you must hit the forehead which makes it even more special.

I mark out every year when I first see the screenshots/gameplay of the SdvsRaw series haha!

Every year I think this will be THE greatest game ever...and while its always fantastic....its never quite as good as I hope it will be!

But this year? It WILL be the best game ever :p

my mark out moment is when i read and seen the trailer for call of duty black ops i personally think this will be quite beast :p

Damn, I could create a whole list of things I marked out, and for different reasons as well.

I'll give it a try, but it's obviously gonna lack a lot of real mark-out moments because I actually forgot about them.

World of Warcraft: I used to be a firm part of the so-called raids that happens in the numerous Dungeons around the game. Whenever we'd meet a hard boss we had fought for a while and really struggled to defeat, or for that sake if the boss dropped the loot (Usable items) that I wanted to use to improve my gear, that really had me marking out.

Mass Effect 2

I don't necessarily remember fully what I marked out for. But I know that I marked out for a few things in the game, like the final boss. As well as the hotness of Miranda (Yes, awkward I know. But for a gaming character that's one hell of a girl). The game was overall one big mark-out really, from humorous comments made by various of the crew members, to seeing old characters you knew from Mass Effect 2. I've generally had a love for the small conversations and entertaining dry humor of the Krogans. Let me demonstrate a beauty.

[YOUTUBE]vOg-nLWe71w[/YOUTUBE]

Mass Effect 1 though, but it's certainly something that is featured in Mass Effect 2 as well.

[YOUTUBE]7GqqDCe4Yrs[/YOUTUBE]

I laughed hard when I passed by the guards in the citadel to hear this speech going on.

[YOUTUBE]aWJcwmjM8mE[/YOUTUBE]

Last one, a bit of singing. A lot of mark-out moments that had me laughing throughout the game.

There's more to cover Mass Effect 2, and there's certainly more games as well. But I think I'll stick to this.

I MARKED out when I heard Duke Nukem Forever was actually getting a release date. While not waiting twelve years for it like other people, I played Duke Nukem 3D and loved it and heard there was a sequel, then I found out it hadn't been released, decided it was probably never going to happen. Two years later I hear it's finally coming, now I can hear Duke shout one-liners again with joy.

I usually mark out for something every E3, mostly for Nintendo. After waiting years for a new Zelda I marked out when they finally showed the epic trailer.

[YOUTUBE]2dYgrMz_XBI[/YOUTUBE]

Sure its not exacly what I was expecting but its Zelda, so its epic nontheless.

I usually dont get excited for games coming out, because most dont appeal to me anymore, but I am really excited for Zelda.

Also another game I cant wait for is Pokemon Black and White. Im mostly avoiding the new Pokemon and stuff online because I want it to be a whole new experience, but I cant wait it to come out.... if only I didnt have to wait until next year.

I marked out when I heard they were making Sonic The Headgehog 4 for Xbox Live and reverting back to 2D format. Having loved the Sonic series for many years this was a welcome announcement and one that I shall enjoy throughly when it comes out. I still to this day play Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles because they are all amazing games and if they make Sonic 4 anything close to these I shall be a very happy Bunny indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back