Mario Kart 64 -v - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCube)

Mario or Zelda?

• Mario Kart 64

• Twilight Princess

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fizzy

Mid-Card Championship Winner
250px-Mario_Kart_64box.png

250px-TP_Wii.jpg

I love both games a lot but Twilight Princess edges out MK64 just a little.

mario Kart is fun but there is only so much time you can spend racing before it gets boring and seeing how it's up against a Zelda game it loses.

Zelda was more fun, better graphics and I could literally play this for hours which I can not say for Mario Kart. I'd say I would be happy with either going through but that's a lie. Do the right thing and vote Twilight Princess

-this a tough one. i really liked mario cart it is a great game, good graphics, fun to play (like it better on the wii version cause i like going online), but an excellent game.
-LOZ:TP is an AWESOME GAME!!!!! i loved it, it was fun to play, good storyline, great gameplay, a very fun game.
-my vote has to go to legend of zelda twilight princess.

I'm alright with either title winning, but I like Mario Kart 64 more so it has my vote. Both games were amazing and always fun to replay. Twilight Princess was a breath of fresh air after Toon Link upset a lot of oldschool Zelda fans and it also had a lot of other great things about it such as the wolf form and a soundtrack full of beautiful remixes of old tracks and several new gems. Midna was rather annoying though, the game loses some points due to her.

Then there's Mario Kart 64. It took the Mario Kart series and turned it from a novelty into a megaseries. Everything that was wrong about the first one was fixed in 64. Gone were the annoying predetermined order of intelligence in the computer players. For example if you chose Bowser then the computer order was ALWAYS Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, DK, Toad, Koopa, or something like that. No matter what, every time you played as Bowser. Each character had an annoying predetermined order such as this. Then there were the character exclusive items that the computer got but you didn't (Toad's mushrooms, Mario's stars, Bowser's fire, etc) and not enough track variety. Mario Kart 64 fixed ALL of these issues while also giving us Wario and the chance to play 4 people at once. It was so epic for its time and has stood the test of time. As much as I like Twilight Princess, Mario Kart 64 is the more enjoyable game of the two so I voted for it.

MK64 played such a huge part of my childhood. It, along with Goldeneye, defines the lives of me and my childhood friends. Gathering together, everyone bringing their own controller, and 4 player mayhem ensuing. In my opinion, the pinnacle of the MK series.

But with that said, it doesn't measure up to Twilight Princess. Because TP came out at an awkward time, during a generational transition, it doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's overshadowed by Ocarina, Majora's Mask and LttP. Some people even think Wind Waker is better. But I think TP is up there as one of the very best Zelda adventures, which automatically one of the greatest games of all time.

I have many fond memories of the multiplayer in MK64, but TP takes it here for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back