Man Utd announce Tevez departure

Spunky

Lovable degenerate.
BBC Sport said:
Manchester United have confirmed that Carlos Tevez is leaving the club.

United were willing to pay the £25.5m to turn the striker's two-year loan move into a permanent five-year deal but Tevez, 25, has decided to move on.

"Disappointingly, his advisors informed the club that he does not wish to continue playing for Manchester United," read a United statement.

"The club thanks Carlos for his services over the last two seasons and wishes him good luck for the future."

Tevez became a crowd favourite during his time at the Old Trafford club and helped the side win the last two Premier League titles, the 2008 Champions League trophy as well as last season's Carling Cup.

But he has joined Cristiano Ronaldo in wanting to exit the club, with his final appearance being as a substitute in United's loss to Barcelona in the 2009 Champions League final.

WOW! United fucked up big time with Tevez, He is a great player, And has been worth more than Berbatov. If it wasn't for a lack of phsyical presence, Tevez would having been partnering Roonay all season.

If i'm honest, There is only one other club in England that he would join, Manchester City. He has already stated that he is settled in the Manchester area, But his wife would like to a spanish speaking country, So if he doesn't stay, I'd bank on him joining the ranks of either Barcelona, Or Real Madrid.

Man Utd stuffed that up for sure. Tevez craps all over Berbatov as a player and should of been playing in front of him and it should be Berba leaving Old Trafford not Tevez.

Liverpoll were keen but Tevez said no, Chelsea are in for him but I cant see him going there and I hope that he doesnt go to those wanks. I can see Tevez goig to City as they have the money required and are trying to build something down there.

Reak Madrid will probably try to buy him with their never ending supply of money. But do they need another attacking player? Buy some defenders FFS.

Tevez himself has already said he wants to stay in the Premiership. I can definately see him staying in Manchester and going to City. I just wish that we (im a United fan) had offered him a contract in January or something, beacuse I think hes a huge part of the team.

However with that said, I guess him and Rooney are two similar for Ferguson (hard-working, dont score many goals) so maybe Berbatov, a more recognised goalscorer, will do better next season. Failing that, PLEASE sign Karim Benzema. before Madrid buy him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back