Main rosters: top 10 favorite wrestlers

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
One of my friends did a thread like this on another wrestling board and I thought it was a fun way to know each other's taste in wrestling. The rules are simple. You can pick anybody or any team from raw, smackdown or 205 live( since they are technically a main roster brand) and you have to explain why they are on your list.

MOD NOTE:

Please include a reason for why your list contains the names that it does, otherwise the post would be spam.

I'll start first.

1. Braun strowman: I actually more of a monster brawler type of fan and strowman is pretty much the best in this category of wrestler. He also found a way to show more of is humorous side this year which makes him a even better monster.

2. AJ Styles: I always was a fan of aj, ever since his WCW days but while he had his rough first few month in WWE, since he had his feud with Cena and finally found his footing in the company, He's pretty much the most all around best wrestler in the company.

3. Becky lynch: one of the most underrated female wrestler in the company and I think it a shame that she's probably always be overshadowed by Charlotte because in my opinion, she a better wrestler and entertainer then Charlotte.

4. Asuka: another one that's been overshadowed by flair in my opinion. She has all the tools to be a big star for WWE but for some reason they seem to not see that.

5. Roman reigns: reason for him by put here, simple, the guys went through a lot since his initial push, took a lot of shit from the fans that he didn't deserve and always evolve his character. For me, he is where he should be right as he is the new cena type character that is the superhero for kids and I don't mind it because with the right opponent, he able to have great matches.

6. Authors of pain: they are young on the roster but I always loved those type of smash mouth tag team. Let's just hope that they don't do like the ascension and ruin them because they have a lot of potential as a dominating tag team.

7. The bar: I always thought that Cesaro was a terrible single wrestler but is awesome as in a tag team and since he started this team with sheamus, it rejuvenated both of their career and they have great charisma together which is a must for a tag team.

8. The IIconics: I always was a fans of those 2 in NXT so I'm glad they finally got to show what they can do on the main roster.

9. Sami zayn: the fact is, if I had to pick between Owen's and zayn, I always going to pick zayn especially now that he turn heel. I think he finally found is charisma and is even more entertaining then he was as a face.

10. The lucha house party: their so many guys in the cruiserweight division that I really like. Gulak,TJP, lio rush, tozawa just to name a few but I've got to say that I just fell in love with these three. I love these three together. They have such a fun energy to their act and are just fun to watch.

1. AJ Styles- From his time in TNA to now, he has always been an amazing talent to watch and he has only gotten better with age.

2. Braun Strowman- Other than his WM tag match, everything Braun has done has been great. Hopefully will be Universal Champ before the year is through.

3. Samoa Joe- A legit badass on the mic and in the ring.

4. Daniel Bryan- Just being able to watch him wrestle again is amazing.

5. Asuka- Her NXT run was epic, and hopefully she can start to show more of that on the main roster.

6. Sasha Banks- Another talent who hasn't been used like they were in NXT. She could be the best female heel if used properly.

7. Seth Rollins- Rollins has my favorite move-set in all of WWE. He deserves another run as world champion.

8. The Miz- The perfect example of how to be a Heel. His work has improved drastically and he continues to get better and better.

9. Cedric Alexander- Now that 205 live has improved Alexander has been able to show more of what made him awesome during his time at the Cruiserweight Classic.

10. Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn- I couldn't decide who to put here but these two both deserve to be on this list. They are awesome together as heels, or when they are in a feud.

I'm just going with the full time roster. So no Cena.

1. Seth Rollins - Can put on spectacular matches, is good on the mic and can play both face and heel very admirably.

2. Ronda Rousey - She's a freakin superstar. She elevates the whole situation just by getting involved. Not bad in the ring but could work on her mic skills a bit.

3. Kevin Owens - One of the best heels in WWE currently. He's amazing in the ring considering his size. Terrific on the mic; someone you could always trust with the odd shoot promo (after Heyman and Cena of course). Sami is kinda there.. But still not up there.

4. Bray Wyatt - Ugh.. Where do I start. He is one of those great characters that come along after decades and WWE totally shit on him. I believe he would have been better served in places like TNA. But still, better writing and a darker route could make him the guy he deserves to be.

5. Braun Strowman - Love him. I just love to see him run through people and things. He's grown from a faceless stupid monster to a monster with brains.

6. Elias - This guy has huge potential. He's developing into a great character who's organically gotten over. Plays the comedy bits nicely and can get intense when needed.

7. AJ Styles - Right up there with Seth in the in-ring skills department. Mic skills are good but plays a heel better than a face for my liking.

8. The Usos - Can speak well. Have nice entrances and can put on amazing TLC II level matches if let loose.

9. The Miz - Best talker in the WWE currently. Can play an audience like a flute. Decent in the ring but has great in ring psychology and can raise his game in situations.

10. Bo Dallas - I dunno.. I just like him. He's got an abundance of charisma and if booked appropriately, can work wonders.

1. Daniel Bryan - I just really enjoy Bryan's work. He brings a lot of athleticism, energy and tons of technical knowhow to his matches but I think one thing that stands out is Bryan is able to effortlessly come off as genuine. In a company stymied by scripted promos and a iron fisted stranglehold on creative freedom, Daniel Bryan still manages to come off like a genuine, easy to believe, likeable person that's easy to get behind. I just dig watching the guy work.

2. Seth Rollins - For much of this year, Seth Rollins has been the workhorse of WWE and has probably never looked better. Rollins has a good look, great athletic ability, has fans eating out of the palm of his hand and has delivered some of the best main roster in-ring work this year. In my opinion, the most overall talented member of the Shield.

3. Kevin Owens - Kevin Owens is one of the most versatile wrestlers on the main roster. He's shown he can be a comedic character as well as a stone cold, no pun intended, sociopathic heel who brutalizes anyone or anything to get ahead. A great character that's great on the mic and can do so much in the ring that he can hang with anyone on the roster.

4. The Miz - A lot of people love Miz now and I'm glad that so many have openly admitted to seeing what I've seen in him for the better part of a decade. Miz is a great heel and one of the best mic workers WWE has seen since the Attitude Era. He's someone who shines through even scripted promos but it's his work with Daniel Bryan that just really puts him on another level due to their chemistry. Miz is a smart worker, he's not the most exciting in the ring because he doesn't do a lot of high risk stuff but, then again, what he's done has worked out well for him: multi-million dollar bank account, a smokin' hot wife, a beautiful baby girl and a genuine HOF worthy career that includes a huge number of mid-card and tag team title runs along with one run as WWE Champion. Before Miz hangs it up, I wouldn't be at all against him getting another World Championship run at some point.

5. Braun Strowman - I'm very pleased that Strowman has come such a long way in the past few years. I remember when a lot of people on these boards wrote the guy off almost immediately and I'm glad that he's progressed. Strowman is great in his role as this nigh unstoppable, superhumanly strong monster and while I think he's better as a heel, he still does a good job as a babyface. Watching WWE put him through some of the off the wall, over the top stuff, such as we saw during his feud with Roman Reigns, like pushing over ambulances and all that works for Strowman because he has that look, that aura of someone that's "believable", more so maybe than almost anyone else on the roster, in being able to do those big feats of strength.

6. AJ Styles - I agree with the notion that 2018 hasn't been Styles' best year, but Styles is someone that always does bring high quality to whatever he does and he's been a great WWE Champion as he's brought the title back up from the depths to which WWE plunged it by putting it on Jinder Mahal for half of last year. Styles can pull a quality match out of anybody, just see the aforementioned Jinder Mahal.

7. Alexa Bliss - Alexa Bliss isn't the best in-ring worker among the females, but she's a lot of fun because she has such a fun character. She's a mean spirited, charismatic little bitch who knows how to hold it together in front of a crowd that chants during her promos, and she even knows how to trip said crowd up without really even trying. It also doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous enough to cause the Pope to kick out a stained glass window while hollering a rebel yell.

8. Drew McIntyre - I put McIntyre on my list because I'm anticipating the time, which is coming soon I hope, in which he's unleashed. McIntyre is universes beyond the guy he was when he was in WWE the last time. Leaving was a good thing for him as he established himself elsewhere, came back to NXT and continued to thrive and now he's back on the main roster. The guy has a fantastic look, is a great brawler, knows how to tell a story in the ring now, has a genuinely great aura about himself and can deliver high quality matches if and when he's given the chance.

9. Becky Lynch - I've always been a fan of Becky and even though I feel like she's more of a placeholder for Charlotte than anything right now, she's been one of the most consistently likeable and reliable women on the roster. She has a great personality, has a genuinely sweet and open disposition and can have quality matches. For instance, her match with Carmella this past Tuesday on SD Live was actually pretty good and easily Carmella's best showing in...well probably ever.

10. Shinsuke Nakamura - I like Nakamura because he's different, his weird mannerisms and charisma help him stand out in ways that've allowed him to connect with fans despite his English skills, which aren't all that bad really, and it's helped him to avoid the worst aspects of Vince's scripted promos. I personally think Nakamura has been overrated by those who were "expecting more" out of him just because of his reputation in New Japan. I've seen a lot of his work in New Japan and aside from being much stiffer, and downright sloppy at times, there's no real difference. I think he's very good at what he does and I like him as an asshole, nut busting heel.

Honorable Mentions:

Asuka - It pains me to see Asuka misused so badly in her program with Carmella, it really does. She's just too good to be punked out in such a way by someone that's so far below her in ability. I'm hoping she can recover from this debacle, which I'm sure she can if she can get some consistent booking.

Ronda Rousey - The gal's a lot of fun and could be a great star in WWE. Her two matches thus far have been great and she's made the transition extremely well from MMA to pro wrestling. She knows how to tell a story and she can sell the offense of her opponent like a champ. She's still a little rough around the edges, but it works as it gives her more of a raw feel. Her biggest drawback is that she just isn't doing well with the overly scripted nature of WWE's promos; when she's allowed to use her own words, such as we've seen a few times when she's all riled up, she does really well and makes a connection. With some more work, Rousey has nowhere to go but up.

Charlotte Flair - Charlotte is the face of the women's division and rightly so. While she's infinitely better as a heel, she still has fans where she wants them as a babyface and has delivered some of the best overall work of any woman in company history.

Sami Zayn - Zayn has so much to offer and I would've loved to have put him in my top 10, but I just couldn't after the walking abortion of a feud he had with Bobby Lashley. Zayn has tons of personality that shines through the scripted promos and, a good deal of the time, Zayn even manages to come off like the words he's saying are his own and that's a significant talent. In the ring, Zayn's a lot of fun and can deliver so much good, I'd just love to see him get a real shot at something.

205 Live - There are a lot of Cruiserweight wrestlers who've come along to make 205 Live a fun show to watch. The show will never be important to WWE, which means its potential is limited but Triple H has still done a good job of making it something worth watching with the highlights of the show being guys like Drew Gulak, Mustafa Ali, Cedric Alexander, TJP and Lio Rush.

I'm always going to go with the current Champions who hold the Championship Title Belts.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_champions_in_WWE

Male rankings
11 - United Kingdom Champion
10 - NXT Tag Team Champions
9 - NXT North American Champion
8 - NXT Champion
7 - Cruiserweight Champion
6 - Smackdown Tag Team Champions
5 - Raw Tag Team Champions
4 - United States Champion
3 - Intercontinental Champion
2 - WWE World Heavyweight Champion
1 - WWE Universal Champion

Female rankings

3 - NXT Women's Champion
2 - Smackdown Women's Champion
1 - Raw Women's Champion

1) Randy Orton - Massive fan for years, even more as a saistic heel
2) Seth Rollins - Can do it all
3) The Miz - Heel magnet
4) USO’s - wow, how much difference a year makes!
5) Alexa Bliss - plays her role perfectly
6) Brock Lesnar - money
7) Kevin Owens - see number 2
8) AJ Styles - an get a decent match out of anyone
9) John Cena - hate him or love him we all watch when he returns
10) Samoa joe - badass

1. Seth Rollins - Needs to be Universal Champion going into next years WM and has earned that right over the last year. He needs to be on top and I would love to see him and AJ Styles have a good feud. Could easily be the 7 star match that WWE desperately needs.

2. Kevin Owens - Best worker on Raw. Needs to have a belt around his waist at all times. But I dont think WWE sees him like that due to his frame. He is much like Samoa Joe. He doesnt fit the mold that WWE strives to be when it comes to physique.

3. AJ Styles - He is this generations Shawn Michaels. He can do it all.

4. Drew Mcintyre - He is finally taking his spot. He needs to be a ruthless heel and damn is he good in the ring. I like where he is at now with Ziggler but he is more than ready for a monster push. Make him the guy who beats Strowman for the title.

5. Dolph Ziggler - I have said for the past 3 years that if you want a great match, you have Ziggler in it. He guy is awesome. Good mic skills and is a fantastic worker. He gets lost in the fray though which is more on creative than his character.

6. Daniel Bryan - Should be higher on my list but every time I see him take a big shot to the head I always cringe. No one wants to see him hurt again. And even though I am glad he is back, he will NEVER get the push he had.

7. Roman Reigns - Ok aside from the horrendous booking and the fact he is terrible on the mic: He has good matches. I have never been one to hate on Romans in ring skills. But his booking is ABSOLUTE SHIT. He would make a much better heel. And if he was to create a Roman Empire Faction it would be gold.

8. Rusev - What can I say: I celebrate Rusev Day EVERY DAY!!!

9. Samoa Joe - Dont need to say much on him

10. The Miz - You want heat, learn from him.

1. AJ Styles - Very likable dude, great wrestler. Knows how to control the fans on the mic.

2. Braun Strowman - His booking has been shit lately, but the way he's been booked in 2017 made me a huge fan.

3. Seth Rollins - Consistently the best performer in WWE. He never has a bad match.

4. Alexa Bliss - Only woman i care about in WWE besides Ronda, great mic skills, very good heel who acts like a total bitch

5. Randy Orton - Always been a fan, very lackluster babyface, but now he's a heel again. He's back to being the old Randy we all love.

6. Kevin Owens - Best thing on RAW every week, even though he doesn't do much.

7. Brock Lesnar - Love his don't give a shit attitiude.

8. Ronda Rousey - Loved her since her UFC days, she's been booked properly, the fans love her, she can work and cut good promos.

9. Sami Zayn - Very boring as a babyface in WWE, but since his heel turn he's been consistently one of the most entertaining guys they have.

10. Roman Reigns - Great matches, love how everybody hates him.. He needs too be booked better.

1)Roman Reigns:- Best overall performer they have on the roster. He's the Undertaker/Batista to this generation's Shawn Michaels aka AJ Styles, Seth Rollins. You would argue that Reigns sucks on the mic, but NO, HE DOESN'T SUCK, like Brock Lesnar, Goldberg and Bobby Lashley(and I really like Humble, Modest, Self-effacing, Nice guy Bobby Lashley) do. Why? Just check out the couch segments featuring Lesnar and Heyman from Raw. Not only does Lesnar sound like a bitch(doesn't sound pissed off, cannot ACT to save his life) but look at his nonverbal communication-the gestures- make him look like a bitch too.

So basically, Rollins and Styles are the best "overall" performers but they lack in SIZE and POWER.

Reigns has mic skills on par with Taker and Batista, Size, Power, Strength, SPEED, agility. He's the best overall talent, no arguments.

Plus, did I mention how he consistently delivers in the ring, whether it be against Styles, Rollins, Strowman, or Lashley?

Even Taker had lousy feuds and matches 50-60% if not more of his ENTIRE career, and only shined when paired with the right guy, like Shawn, Kurt Angle, Bret Hart, Batista, Mick Foley.

2) and 3) AJ Styles/Seth Rollins:-Best overall performers and in-ring talents, just like Shawn.

4)Randy Orton:-always was and still IS the complete package, he HAS IT ALL. Sure, when he's not playing a character, being a psychotic heel, he becomes drab and boring and sounds uninterested and monotonous, but with a character, he's the complete package-stature, physique, insane atheletic ability and agility, fluid in the ring, in-ring psychology, great matches, good on the mic(as a character/heel).

Randy Orton basically is a once in a lifetime superstar, it's just that despite all the world championships, his career was intermittently filled with stale, boring, uninspired feuds and matches.

5)Shinesuke Nakamura:-He's GOLD ever since the heel turn. Even though he's had a disappointing main roster run and feud against Styles, he's absolutely fun to watch in a non-wrestling role itself-his gestures, expressions, when he talks. A solid and unique in-ring talent. Just an awesome guy. I hope they give him world and Universal title runs.

A nakamura vs reigns feud would be GOLD! Just imagine Roman reigns' grimaces in response to nakamura's weird mannerisms!

6)Bobby Lashley:- He needs a character, a heel turn perhaps and if he could stop smiling..he can't change his voice/mic skills but at least he can portray himself as a serious, intense, silent type.

Solid in the ring, intimidating physique, pure raw power and strength. Great matches. A "Lashley vs Kurt Angle" rivalry would've been tremendous in the WWE a few yrs ago(when Angle was in his prime)..kind of like Brock vs Angle from 2003.

7)Kevin Owens. If he weren't booked like crap and made to look like Braun Strowman's bitch, he could be world champion and tearing the house down against the likes of Rollins, Reigns, Lashley and Lesnar.

Just change his character from scared, manipulative, Machiavellian Kevin Owens to "I will beat you up," asshole-ish Kevin Owens who both FIGHTS and at times cheats to win.

Braun Strowman is annoying to watch anyhow, as a babyface who bullies people and comes across as there not being any chance for 99%of the roster to even last 5 mins against him, except for Reigns or Lesnar.

8)Sami Zayn. Solid wrestler. I enjoy his heel character much more than KOs'. The slimy vibe just suits him perhaps. I could also buy him as a "I will kick your ass and never quit" Hero Sami Zayn, who could potentially win the Rumble and go on to win his first world title.

9)Dolph Ziggler. His new self-entitled, cocky heel persona is so much better than "I'm underappreciated. I have potential" type schtick he did for years.

10)Baron Corbin. LOL! He comes across as a complete but likeable dork in his new role as Constable. The incongruence of his speech and mannerisms with his stature and position make him enjoyable, somewhat like John Laurinaitis(people power!)

(I can't seem to edit the post any more so I had to add this)

10)Baron Corbin. Just watch the "cops taking Reigns away" segment from Raw, the way Corbin smirks and smiles and then gets punched..absolutely hilarious.

I'd like to ask you guys, how do you feel about his in-ring potential?

I haven't watched a lot of his matches but I like his finisher and he comes across as a decent wrestler. I have one gripe though- his current wrestling gear is the same as his Constable attire and it's painful to watch-not just those jeans but that shirt. I sort of never even liked Dean Ambrose wrestling in those tight jeans. It's just painful to watch. Why the hell not wear wrestling tights?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back