• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Luke Harper

Last RAW we had two Bray promos focusing on Luke Harper. He is undoubtedly the breakout wrestler from the Wyatts (while I would call Bray more as the breakout personality), do you think this is leading to him having a pseudo-solo run? (meaning, still with the other wyatts at ringside but competing for a solo title)

Imo seeing Harper going for the IC might be interesting

Meh. He's an amazing wrestler for his size but I've been subjugated to enough very good hype videos, in pc gaming, wrestling, movies to know that I should keep my cool and not act on feelings.

Sure that video of him was pretty sick. But what's really gonna come out of this? A few months when WWE has their new guy they have a hard-on for and then he's prolly gonna be what Kane used to be/still is, enhancement talent.

Pretty stupid of them not to put the tag titles on the Wyatt family really. They turned Cody and Goldust heels instead of having them chase the titles from the Wyatts or smth. Now we have even less tag teams. And the Ascension isnt even comparable to the Wyatts int he ring, those guys seems really green.

If they're having Harper go off into singles competition than I hope it means they'll be bringing in a new member to the Wyatt Family, who could also be Rowan's new partner.

If they're having Harper go off into singles competition than I hope it means they'll be bringing in a new member to the Wyatt Family, who could also be Rowan's new partner.

Rowan better hope he gets a new tag partner or

Eric, I'm Afraid I've Got Some Bad News

I can see him being a jobber if Harper's singles career prospers.

At this point, why even bother with tag teams only for them to be broken up because one half looks better than the other? Because tag teams are tradition? The WWE has broken tradition years ago. Have tag team matches on tv to fill up time or to further storylines (Ambrose/Cena - Kane/Orton or Rollins), but don't even bother creating tag teams in the future. They don't even last

The Dust Brothers are going to be next. I can see a Star/Gold feud eventually happening in the next few months.

I hope this means that Bray Wyatt's character will finally get the sort of attention his gimmick should have been getting from the beginning.

Bray Wyatt shouldn't be a guy thrown into random 6-man tag matches on SD or RAW, unless absolutely neccessary in a storyline(like in the Shield-Wyatt feud).

Essentially, Bray Wyatt should be a Manager/Semi-Active Wrestler type, who only gets into the ring when it is absolutely neccessary for him.

In the process, both Harper and Rowan can then become more important as a result and carve out roles for themselves and show what they can truly do, instead of being jobbed out mercilessly by Creative.

Anyone who watched early NXT knows just how good Luke Harper can be. When they finally drop Erick Rowan and let Luke work on his own, it'll be quite a show.

They are playing this perfectly. . Not giving us Bray all of the time add to his attraction just like Brock. I love the reports that they were the dark match finale. ROWAN IS FINE HE'S UNDER THE MASK. Bray and the mask standing next to him at ringside to add to the random viewerseye when they are channel surfing. Back in the day taker wasn't wrestling every raw but he was seen with the ministry or corporate ministry. How good does Bray look if Harper wins the us or ic just slowly adds to his storyline of him and his family. Doesn't need to grow just needs to add titles and this is a great start. It won't hurt anybody if it happens bc the stars are established. Sheamus or Ziggler if anything it starts to plant a seed for either in 2 years

I think you guys are jumping the gun. Next week I expect to see a similar package for Rowan. I think they're just trying to re-establish the characters, they really let the Wyatts get lost in the shuffle. This is a way to re-focus.

I think you guys are jumping the gun. Next week I expect to see a similar package for Rowan. I think they're just trying to re-establish the characters, they really let the Wyatts get lost in the shuffle. This is a way to re-focus.

This is spot on. It's not about Luke going solo or anything. Why would he go solo and have the other two guys in the video? Just didn't make sense and still doesn't. Next is Rowan and the Wyatt and a rebirthing of then Wyatt Family.

Hard to say. There are reports all over the internet that Harper MIGHT be up for a singles push but, then again, this could easily be one of those times where dirtsheet writers take a rumor, or the slightest hint of a rumor, and blow it out of proportion.

Harper is the real surprise of the group as far as his in-ring ability goes. He's clearly the stronger overall worker when compared to Rowan and it wouldn't bug me to see him having a singles run. To be perfectly honest, however, I'll be disappointed of he & Rowan don't become tag team champs at some point.

I agree with the notion that it's too soon to say. We might see one on Rowan next week, maybe one on Bray the week after that as part of a means of hitting the reset button with the faction. We haven't seen any of 'em in action for several weeks, so keeping them off TV for a while, bringing back and pushing them strong might be what's needed. Hell, I'd be happy with using these vignettes as a means of introducing another member of The Family. I'm curious to see what a female member of The Wyatt Family would be like. She'd immediately stand out and as long as they didn't try going the route of the Daisy Duke style, country gal sex pot, it might work.

I think it would be a waste to push Harper as a singles wrestler without having him win the tag titles with Rowan at least once. I like them as a tag team and don't know why they haven't won the titles at this point.
Eventually if/when Harper has a singles run I'd like to see him break out of the family as a face and go from there possibly feuding with Bray for a few months. I personally like the guy a lot but it's a little too early for a singles run in my opinion.

Let's get Luke in the U.S. title spot ASAP. Can you imagine him taking on Sheamus? That would be A-Maz-ING!

Luke Harper wouldn't be a believable challenger for Sheamus. That be the equivalent of if Randy Savage had run out of challengers for the Intercontinental Championship and they gave the title shot to Danny Davis. A guy needs to be built up to challenging for a singles championship. Luke Harper is a nobody.

I actually think there is something to this singles tease.

Harper has clearly stood out in the ring, and has really gotten himself over. I expect to see him get a strong midcard singles push. He might not go after a title, but that doesn't seem like an ultimate goal for the family anyway.

With Harper doing the heavy lifting, they can save Wyatt for only bigger matches and rebuild the attraction of getting to see him work. Bray shouldn't be wrestling in random meaningless matches. As for Rowan he can fall back into more of an intimidating bodyguard role and not have to work many matches, as his relative "greeness" has not shown much of a trend toward improvement.

I think all of those reasons I just mentioned could be the potential rationales behind focusing on Harper as a singles guy. But I also suspect that there could be another agenda at hand. Its possible that perhaps the idea is to get Harper and Rowan separated from the tag division, that way The Ascension is able to be made to look more impressive once they are called up to the main roster. They wouldn't be able to be made to look like nearly as much of a physical presence when contrasted with a tag division that still included Harper and Rowan.

Luke Harper wouldn't be a believable challenger for Sheamus. That be the equivalent of if Randy Savage had run out of challengers for the Intercontinental Championship and they gave the title shot to Danny Davis. A guy needs to be built up to challenging for a singles championship. Luke Harper is a nobody.

Out of the three members of the Wyatt family he's the standout. Bray is better on the mic, but Harper is the best in the ring. For a big guy he can go, and his facial expressions are gold. He plays the slightly insane character very well.

I would love to see him have a singles run. He has way more charisma than Rowan, who has none, and he does play up to the crowd. A friend of mine met him last year and said he is one of the nicest guys he's ever met.

I'm gonna be a buzzkill and say what nobody else has really said.

Is it just me... or is Luke Harper like, really overrated? For months the internet has been riding the Harper train and I can't really understand why. Sure, he's a good, note the word good wrestler for his size but apart from his freaky facial expressions, what else about him stands out?

He looks like a homeless man, and yes that it kinda his gimmick but even if he gets repackaged, he still doesn't really look like a wrestler. He's also 34, so I'd say time isn't on his side if he wants to further his career. In fact he's the same age as Randy Orton, and one could say his career is past his prime. He doesn't really stand out, he's like a Kofi Kingston or a Alberto Del Rio, someone that could be a decent mid-card wrestler, winning those mid-card titles that the WWE loves to place focus on :rolleyes:. As a heel, he doesn't even look that intimidating. I just don't see it.

When the Wyatt Family debuted I was behind Bray big time, but I thought once he moved on from the stable the other two(Harper & Rowan) wouldn't do much. However, Luke Harper won me over big time. I really like his in ring work as an athletic big man, and he has shown some flashes of mic work that's on par with Wyatt.

I really liked the videos on raw this week, especially as Bray said he's setting him free, and it showed Luke Harper walking away. It really solidified that Harper is getting a singles run. I wouldn't mind if down the road Waytt and Harper had a feud. Let Harper go on his own for a few months and gain some singles success and then Wyatt can go after him in an attempt to destroy the monster he created.

Hadn't really considered that; I had been figuring that since Harper was the country cousin that spoke, plus the notion that he seemed to be the more fluid performer between himself and Rowan......that if a move was going to be made, it would be to launch Harper on a singles march. But it's possible the intention is to re-introduce the entire team after a few weeks without seeing much of them.

But for all the criticism we read of WWE Creative.....and man, there sure is a shitload of it.....they'd gain my admiration forever if they can find a way to make a compelling singles wrestler of Luke Harper. Although he can move in the ring, for a big man, it isn't his ring repertoire that's gonna make him stand out.....and if he's going to wax hillbilly poetic like Bray Wyatt, he'll come out second best, for sure.

Still, whether these promos represent a coming individual push for Luke.....or one for him to be followed by one for Rowan.....I doubt we'll be seeing a full break-up of the Family any time in the near future. After all, the group is about triple-teaming and interference; why would management want to take that away from them?

Luke Harper has really won me over thus far and i really want to see how he does in a singles run. If they decide to have him as a heel, why not give the guy a corporate make over and join the authority? May seem absurd but people would certainly take notice. If they have him as a face, he could start by being the guy that finally pins Rusev as that could get his run off to a good solid start. I'm quite optimistic about Harper and i hope WWE doesn't mess this up.

Is it just me... or is Luke Harper like, really overrated? For months the internet has been riding the Harper train and I can't really understand why. Sure, he's a good, note the word good wrestler for his size but apart from his freaky facial expressions, what else about him stands out?

His wrestling is what's standing out. I mean, I laugh at the notion that he's better than Bray, he's not. But people are seeing him doing high spots and super kicks, shit not normally seen by big guys and shit Bray doesn't do, and they think that's what makes him good.

The reason he's actually good is because he plays his character really, really well. While Rowan is nothing more than dumb muscle, Harper seems to be willing to do anything for Bray. That's where the high spots come in. He's not doing them because they look cool, he's doing them because he's sacrificing himself for his leader.

He looks like a homeless man, and yes that it kinda his gimmick but even if he gets repackaged, he still doesn't really look like a wrestler.

Now that's just silly. Of course he looks like a wrestler. Just as much as Kevin Steen does or Mick Foley. He doesn't look like an athlete, but that's not a necessity if your character work gets you over.

I think that this is what should happen:
* Wyatt Family breaks up with Bray sending Rowan and Harper free.
* Bray finally gets alone and has some decent storylines - a think that in my opinion with the exception of the shield vs wyatts story he didn't had until now.
* Harper become a mid card singles wrestler - who in my opinion has a very good potential to be a mid card "liver" like kofi kingston and to be a multy time mid card champion but never to go to the main event level.

Then Rowan should join forces with Bo Dallas about 1-2 months after the Wyatt Family breaks up and saying that he thinks that he is better bo - living instead of following the buzzards - that is around the end of 2014 \ beginning of 2015.
That will slowly start a program between Wyatt {who will turn face} and Dallas {with Rowan} that will go on to them facing each other at Mania with Rowan in the corner of Dallas {and probably also getting a spot in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal}.

Didn't see the promos but I've read the rumors. For me, if I am going to break up the Wyatts I want to do more than Bray makes a speech freeing Harper and Harper just accepts it. How about Harper not wanting to go? It fits with the almost zombie-like admiration Harper has had for Wyatt. He shouldn't just leave because he is told to leave. He should struggle with the idea of freedom and actually fight for his servitude. It can turn in to an odd dynamic of a feud between Wyatt and Harper. The fans wouldn't know how to feel. On one hand you have a fan favorite heel pushing freedom but also rejecting the wishes of the sympathetic heel who wants to continue to serve.

Is this too complicated for the WWE Universe? I don't think so. I think it is an opportunity for the fans to really organically pick their favorite. I think it keeps Wyatt from having to have another hey look at me having the same feud over again with an established veteran.. I think it would make for some decent television. Like Brie being devastated by Nikki's betrayal but with decent acting and dialogue.

In the end Bray wins cementing himself as more powerful and freeing Harper to have his freedom as a mediocre mid carder.

Any thoughts?

Didn't see the promos but I've read the rumors. For me, if I am going to break up the Wyatts I want to do more than Bray makes a speech freeing Harper and Harper just accepts it. How about Harper not wanting to go? It fits with the almost zombie-like admiration Harper has had for Wyatt. He shouldn't just leave because he is told to leave. He should struggle with the idea of freedom and actually fight for his servitude. It can turn in to an odd dynamic of a feud between Wyatt and Harper. The fans wouldn't know how to feel. On one hand you have a fan favorite heel pushing freedom but also rejecting the wishes of the sympathetic heel who wants to continue to serve.

Is this too complicated for the WWE Universe? I don't think so. I think it is an opportunity for the fans to really organically pick their favorite. I think it keeps Wyatt from having to have another hey look at me having the same feud over again with an established veteran.. I think it would make for some decent television. Like Brie being devastated by Nikki's betrayal but with decent acting and dialogue.

In the end Bray wins cementing himself as more powerful and freeing Harper to have his freedom as a mediocre mid carder.

Any thoughts?

Hey, it worked for Trish Stratus and Mickie James...why not for Bray Wyatt and Luke Harper?

But I think Harper is good enough to be more than just a mediocre mid carder. He's actually pretty good on the mic, and he's solid in the ring. He's just got an offbeat look about him that you need to work with, but the guy's a talent.

This is spot on. It's not about Luke going solo or anything. Why would he go solo and have the other two guys in the video? Just didn't make sense and still doesn't. Next is Rowan and the Wyatt and a rebirthing of then Wyatt Family.
This all the way. I didn't think for one second during that promo that it was splitting up the Wyatt Family. I agree that's it's likely a reintroduction thing, and I'm willing to bet we'll see one with Rowan next week. But maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part. It just makes no sense to split up the family at this point.

He looks like a homeless man, and yes that it kinda his gimmick but even if he gets repackaged, he still doesn't really look like a wrestler. He's also 34, so I'd say time isn't on his side if he wants to further his career. In fact he's the same age as Randy Orton, and one could say his career is past his prime. He doesn't really stand out, he's like a Kofi Kingston or a Alberto Del Rio, someone that could be a decent mid-card wrestler, winning those mid-card titles that the WWE loves to place focus on :rolleyes:. As a heel, he doesn't even look that intimidating. I just don't see it.

Let me note that Batista began his career at around 35 so it's never too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back