LT Arrested For Rape In New York

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7426285

RAMAPO (WABC) -- Police are investigating a reported rape involving New York Giants Hall-of-Fame linebacker Lawrence Taylor.

The Town of Ramapo Police Department is currently investigating the incident, which occurred early Thursday at the Holidome Hotel in Montebello.

The 51-year-old Taylor, who currently resides in Pembroke Pines, Florida, but has a home in New Jersey, is under arrest and awaiting formal charges.

Published reports say the victim was a 15-year-old girl and that Taylor will be charged with third-degree rape. There are also reports that the victim was beaten.

Additional information will be released later today at a press conference that is tentatively scheduled for sometime between 2 and 4 p.m. at the Town of Ramapo Town Hall.

Taylor was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 1999 and competed in ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" last year. He had a highly publicized struggle with drug addiction and has had multiple legal run-ins in retirement.
A quick, fierce and athletic linebacker who redefined his position, Taylor anchored the Giants' defense and led New York to Super Bowls titles in 1987 and 1991. He was selected to the NFL's 75th Anniversary All-Time Team.

A 10-time Pro Bowler, he was the NFL Most Valuable Player in 1986 and the NFL Defensive Player of the Year in 1981, 1982 and 1986. He recorded 132.5 sacks, which doesn't included the 9.5 sacks in 1981 when the statistic wasn't official.

In 2001, Taylor was convicted of possessing drug paraphernalia in New Jersey. The conviction stemmed from the September 1998 discovery in a hotel room of a butane torch and other materials commonly used to smoke crack.

In 1996 and 1997, he was arrested in South Carolina and Florida on drug charges. In those cases, he either admitted his guilt or agreed to enter a pretrial intervention program.

In 2000, he drew five years of federal probation for filing false tax returns and for tax evasion.

Sorry Jets fans, wanted to give you a heart attack there for a minute ;).

Honestly though, this is just another sad case of the downward spiral for Lawrence Taylor, who is one of my favorite players of all time (I'm a mark for linebackers), and I hope to god it's not true, but it's not exactly surprising at this point, given everything that he's done in the last couple of decades. It's also another real black eye for the NFL, as here we go, another football player is getting accused of rape.

The fact that she was 15, and she was beaten during the rape... Jesus Christ, LT, what the hell were you thinking?

And after doing some more digging around on this... a pimp enters:

http://views.washingtonpost.com/the.../05/hall-of-famer-taylor-accused-of-rape.html

"She was a runaway since March and there was a pimp involved," Christopher St. Lawrence, the supervisor of the town of Ramapo, told the Journal News. "She got punched in the face. We're not sure who did it."

Oh boy. Can we get some life coaches in the NFL and have them hold seminars as to what acceptable conduct is during the offseason and for retirees? I think more measures need to be put in place as well where if something like this happens for a retiree, they need to get hit for it in their pension as well. There needs to be some sort of consequence for LT here, especially when he's such a high profile NFL player and like it or not, especially when he's still cashing in on his past, he represents the NFL.

Eiither way, I'm sure Ben is sending his regards to LT right now.

Sorry Jets fans, wanted to give you a heart attack there for a minute ;).

I can tell you, as a Jets fan, there is only 1 LT, and it DAMN sure isn't LaDainian Tomlinson. Tomlinson can't hold a 100000 foot pole to Lawrence Taylor, the greatest linebacker of all the times, bar none. Plus, LaDainian wouldn't do something like this, he would just make stupid music videos.

This story is so depressing. LT had so many problems during and after his career, but it was thought that he was past all of them (he even did Dancing With The Stars). Apparently his problems caught up with him though. Hopefully this isn't rape, and there is something else going on here, but it sounds like no matter what happened there were plenty of illegalities going on, and LT isn't gonna get off easy like Ben Roethlisberger did.

The NFL does need to help their players, but unfortunately a lot of them are beyond help.

This is a very, very stupid move by LT.Taylor seemed to have turned his life around over the years, and it was a "feel good story" because this guy had such a troubled past.It was nice to see LT back in the public eye over the years, but his feel good story has come to an end, again. I really hope this isn't rape, but either way, things don't look good for Taylor.

Yeah I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this on Sportscenter this morning. LT was one of if not the greatest defensive player of all time, so to hear news like this is just saddening really. From what I heard they kept saying he was arrested for "3rd Degree rape" which I'm guessing would by closer to statutory rape than a violent incident, but that absolutely still doesn't excuse this for a 51 year old guy to be having sex with a 15 year old. LT just fucked himself over big time.

Sad news really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back