• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Low Ki to the WWE?

My$terio_Fan

I can do whatever I want
So it has been reported that WWE superstars MVP & Rey Mysterio are both trying to get the WWE to hire Low Ki(Senshi)formerly from the WWE. Is this a good move and how do you think he would or should be used?

It also has been reported that Mysterio want's to Low Ki to play an "imposter" version of himself. I actually wouldn't mind seeing this since Mysterio has nothing better go on. The Kane imposter angle fizzled out but this could work. Low Ki is a very solid worker, but lacks charisma and mic skills which could really limit him in the WWE. I think they should take a risk and let him have a try, it wouldn't be any worse than Chris "Braden Walker" Harris.

I like Low Ki. He's got a good workrate, but as you mentioned there lacks the more cerebral of wrestler attributes. For some reason though, I can't see him amounting to much in WWE. His moveset would probably be limited, his style would be changed and whoops, there goes his entire ballgame since he lacks those other attributes.

A Rey Mysterio imposter angle eh? Hooboy, these imposter angles (Charlie Haas doesn't count)...they sure tend to bomb every now and then. That is to say, every time, at least as far as I can remember. They don't seem to get over very well and the storylines often suck. But I could actually picture Ki in a Mysterio costume.

That isn't to say I wouldn't like WWE to give him a try though. Give him a ball and let him run with it and we'll see if it turns out to be good. And even if it doesn't, there's not really much harm done. Of course, WWE have to be a bit more careful with economics since there's this recession thing and all so risks are probably gonna be even less frequent than usual now. Take also into account that not many TNA/ROH guys who've gone to WWE have really been huge successes. For instance, take some workers away from the impeccable booking of Gabe Sapolsky (although that won't happen anymore, sadly) and for some reason they don't work as well as they did in ROH. But anything can happen. I'd like to see if Ki can make a splash in WWE.

I think this would be interesting. Senshi definitely has potential, and the storyline between him and Rey would be amazing. I'd love to see these two wrestle. Senshi would be a great addition to WWE because he has a great work ethic and very good ring skills. He amazes me every time he gets in the ring. I think he would do pretty good wrestling the likes of Punk, Kofi, Rey etc. So yea I think this would be an amazing addition to WWE if they signed him.

Actually Senshi was formerlly of TNA fame, but it would not be the best signing that the WWE could make. I mean with Low Ki's whole gimmick and demeanor of being a "warrior" and all silent and shit, how are they going to market him? As the cruiserweight version of Vladamir Kozlov? Or would they give him some stupid name and gimmick that would make everyone who knows who Low Ki is pretty much second guess if his signing was worth the time.

I'm hearing that one proposed gimmick would be for him to play a Rey Mysterio "imposter". Are you fucking kidding me? Rey Mysterio and Low Ki's styles are nothing alike and Low Ki has the personality of chipped beef. So why would you even go there? And besides all of that, with all of the Fake Diesels, Undertakers, Kanes, and every gimmick that Charlie Haas immitates, isn't it enough? Can't you come up with ONE original thing for a talented wrestler anymore other than either comparing them to another superstar or having them dress up like that superstar?

Any hope of having Low Ki show any kind of skill set would be contingent on the return of the cruiserweight title. I don't think that his stiff style would be sold well by wrestlers bigger than he is but I do think that he could have a decent run as the CW champion. Other than that, Low Ki would need some sort of mouthpiece to get over. Perhaps they could bring back Armando Estrada and have him manage a stable this time and have Low Ki under his wings. He might even go as high as US or IC champion under those circumstances. But other than that, Low Ki in the WWE would be shit to watch. I do however think that I could tune in a time or two just out of curiosity.

I couldn't argue with this move. I'd really love to see a style like Lo Ki's that is well-suited for the indys try to make it in WWE. I do have to agree with the poster above me that the stiffness of his in-ring work might not get sold well. And with such a large percentage of the WWE audience worrying more about image and plotlines than the actual work, it might be down right impossible to get him over.

I'll support it, though. I'd trade Lo Ki for HHH any day.

I don't think that just because wrestlers like Low Ki, Christopher Daniels or Bryan Danielson use a particular style on the indy circuit doesn't mean that they can't adapt their style or gimmick to that of the 'E'. I think CM Punk has been a good example of that, while his moveset may of been watered down, especially with the lose of the Pepsi Plunge, he's managed to adapt his style in a way that still has elements of his indy self. Likewise with his gimmick; I think we've only just seen the start and when he does turn heel, it'll be great.

Likewise, someone like Low Ki will be able to do likewise, if he's able to loosen his kicks slightly and feint the stiffness, a la Tajiri he'll be great and the fans will get behind it, along with his Dragon Clutch submission. Keep him with the Warriros Way - super focused fighter and he'll be able to get away without the without the mic skills. Push come to shove, give him a mouth peiece. He's an intelligent guy, he's also pushing 30 and will be looking for some kind of security and possibly some sort of physical break, so he'll make the transisition.

I'm also pretty certain that Shane McMahon and/or Undertaker would be pushing for him with there love of MMA which is a distinct advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back