• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lotto Rapist

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
A few years ago a serial rapist in Yorkshire was caught, and sentenced to 33 years in prison for his repeated sex crimes. However, on a day out from prison he bought a lottery ticket and happened to win £7 million. This thread isn't to discuss whether he should keep it, as there is one already.

As soon as news got out this rapist had won that much money many of his victims began to sue him, claiming they wanted some of his money for damages and other things. My question is if you were the victim, would you take money off him?

Personally, I wouldn't. I don't think any amount of money could change what happened, and to me it just doesn't seem right. It's suddenly become about the money to these people, and by how fast they took the decision to sue him it gives the impression that's all they care about. Whether that's the case or not.

Money wouldn't change a thing, and I don't think it's healthy to try and fill the void rape brought, with money.

At the same time, I hate the idea he could have the money as well. While I personally wouldn't want it, if, as a victim, I took the option to sue, I'd do it only to give it to a charity which helps people in the same position.

What are your thoughts?

They should sue. Rape is something that stays with you. I fell on a pencil once and it still effects me to this day. Even if they don't want the money they should sue so he has less. If they don't want it they can do some good and give it to charity.

But I still think that somebody who's done something evil for their own gratification shouldn't be allowed to live a privileged life once released.

Hell yes.

If I was one of his victims and i found out he came into a large settlement of money I wouldnt want that fucker to be a millionare, Happy without a care in the world. Rape stays with you from the moment it happens right up until the day you die. Nothing can get rid of the Pain and fear.

I dont think the money would help me in anyway but I would want it just for the sake that he doesnt have it. Not that he should be eligable to win it in the first place.

These Victims of him have EVERY right to not want him to be happy. and if it is indeed Victims then he shouldnt even be able to sit upright right now. He voided his chance of happiness ever again the moment he raped his first victim.

They should definitely sue, if only to lessen on some of his happiness the way that he forcibly took theirs away from them, like stated in the thread asking if he should keep it, with that sum of money, he can just use it to go somewhere else and rape another individual, what's stopping him.

Though, taking that money from him or at least some, won't change the fact, nothing will but it could help the victims financially and also prevent him from doing it to others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back