Looks like Cyndi Lauper will NEVER be in the WWE HoF C.W.

d_henderson1810

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I know most of you don't even care about the Celebrity Wing of the HoF, and see it as a joke, but I think its existence lives or die on which celebrities they induct, and who deserves to go in.

I would question someone like Drew Carey or Kid Rock being in, but have no problem with Mr T or even Donald Trump (like it or not, Trump has actually had involvement in three Wrestlemanias, and no-one had a problem with his induction until AFTER he became President).

But I am surprised that Cyndi Lauper has never gone in. She has done more than most to make wrestling what it is today. She was the link between "Rock 'N Wrestling" and brought some credibility to it. She managed the WWF Woman's Champion, Wendi Richter, and promoted WWF identities in her music clips (Capt Lou played her father in "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" and "Goonies 'R Good Enough", and numerous WWF personalities, like Roddy Piper, Moolah and Andre The Giant have appeared in her music clips). She did more for WWF in its formative years than 99% of the other celebrity inductees, and played a part in the first Wrestlemania being a success (she brought mainstream attention to it, and more people would know her than Jost and Che from SNL this year).

For years, I have expected that her induction is a matter of course. But this year, when it is in her hometown of New Jersey/New York area, she is snubbed again.

It gets me thinking that she will NEVER go in, and makes me wonder if she has turned down the induction, or WWF won't put her in. I remember reading that her and Vince had a falling out, and having seen Lauper on reality shows recently, she seems bitter and angry with the world, and someone who would hold a grudge. I really can't think of any other reason why she gets looked over for celebrities who have done .00000000001% for wrestling than she has.

If Cyndi Lauper isn't going into the WWE HoF Celebrity Wing, then there is little point in having it. I hoped Snooki doesn't go in before her.

I thought Cyndi Lauper would be a lock. Especially considering the area Mania is taking place in and her history there and in wrestling. Another I would have thought of was Bam Bam Bigelow being associated with Jersey after hearing the rumors the past two years. I wonder if they even reached out to her and/or she rejected or some other issues along with Bam Bam's family. Some of the decisions make you scratch your head like two tag teams this year and no deceased singles star. Seems like they just went with mostly their safe picks of who they are in good terms induction two time nominees for example or grouping DX all in when someone like a Sean Waltman or Chyna deserved their own induction first. other than Honky Tonk. Hart Foundation should have been inducted years before when Anvil was still alive to be honored. Harlem Heat as much as I love them there are arguably more deserving teams in the Bulldogs, Demolition, Midnight Express to name a few. Luna Vachon going in as a legacy inductee so weird just to rush her in their low key. When someone like Gangrel, Goldust etc and her family could have spoken on her behalf..

Last edited:
From what i've read, it's more that she really don't want anything to do with the wwe or the HOF. I don't remember all the details but i think it was about how she wasn't inducted before somebody she thought wasn't as worthy as her.

I also read somewhere that the year they inducted mr.t., it was supposed to be cyndi and T was their second choice. So only the beef between both party get seddle at some point, she won't except to get inducted anytime soon.

She and Mike Tyson should be the only ones in there.

I would argue Mr T probably warrants it as well, considering that he had matches at the first two Wrestlemanias.

Another inductee I am surprised has never gone in is Muhammad Ali. He refereed the main event of the first Wrestlemania, and I would have thought someone of his name value, and the mainstream attention it would garner (which Vince loves) would have had him included as well, and they could have done when he was alive (unless he didn't want to stand on the HoF stage with advanced Parkinson's Disease symptoms).

From what i've read, it's more that she really don't want anything to do with the wwe or the HOF. I don't remember all the details but i think it was about how she wasn't inducted before somebody she thought wasn't as worthy as her.

I also read somewhere that the year they inducted mr.t., it was supposed to be cyndi and T was their second choice. So only the beef between both party get seddle at some point, she won't except to get inducted anytime soon.

I vaguely remember hearing that, and I think it was actually Mr T she wanted to be inducted before.

I remember that T was on bad terms with WWE, a couple of years before his induction, which resulted in him refusing his likeness being used in the video game "WWE2K14" and its "30 Years Of Wrestlemania" mode, and him not wanting to be included in the game (for the WM main event) meant that Piper and Paul Orndorff were dropped for the game as well, which pissed off Piper.

I don't even agree with having a celebrity hall of fame, Wrestlers deserve their own ball of fame but if they must have one they need to at least induct Cyndi Lauper I don't believe any celebrity has done more for wrestling than she has, She was huge in the 80s and the WWF really benefited from her name being involved with them and there would be no rock n wrestling era without Cyndi Lauper, I don't know the full story though maybe WWE has offered and she declined I don't know. Another celebrity who done a lot for wrestling was Andy Kaufman, He never competed in the WWF but some others have been inducted who mainly wrestled outside the company.

I don't even agree with having a celebrity hall of fame, Wrestlers deserve their own ball of fame but if they must have one they need to at least induct Cyndi Lauper I don't believe any celebrity has done more for wrestling than she has, She was huge in the 80s and the WWF really benefited from her name being involved with them and there would be no rock n wrestling era without Cyndi Lauper, I don't know the full story though maybe WWE has offered and she declined I don't know. Another celebrity who done a lot for wrestling was Andy Kaufman, He never competed in the WWF but some others have been inducted who mainly wrestled outside the company.

I've always thought that the next three inducted should be Cyndi Lauper, Andy Kaufman and Muhammad Ali, then I would close and seal the door on the Celebrity wing on the HoF forever, as there would no other celebrities worthy of induction. I don't want them putting someone like Snooki into it.

I agree but wrestling isn't the only sport to do it.

I remember hearing on the news a few years ago that, amongst those inducted into the boxing HoF one year, was Sylvester Stallone.

You read that right. Sly is in the boxing HoF for "Services To Boxing", in that he penned a script and played a boxer in the movies.

So, an actor got inducted into a sporting HoF, and this is a legit sport, not sports entertainment.

I get the impression that Cyndi Lauper seems like an odd and angry person these days.

I remember when she appeared as a contestant on "Celebrity Apprentice" and she acted like a real bitch on it, and came across as bitter and angry.

I remember one exchange she had with Maria Kanellis (who was also a contestant that season, and on her team). Cyndi was a real cow to Maria throughout the season, and when they were in the boardroom, Maria said that Cyndi Lauper had been her hero growing up, she used to have Cyndi posters on her wall, and would dance to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" in her bedroom as a teenager. Cyndi then snapped at her "Well, there's a lesson there. Never meet your heroes. They will disappoint you".

So, given how she acted on this, and other things in recent times, I could totally see that she would hold a grudge against WWE for real or imagined offenses, and she is probably the one stopping herself getting inducted because she seems to be bitter and angry at life.

I've always thought that the next three inducted should be Cyndi Lauper, Andy Kaufman and Muhammad Ali, then I would close and seal the door on the Celebrity wing on the HoF forever, as there would no other celebrities worthy of induction. I don't want them putting someone like Snooki into it.

Why shouldn't the slu.tty orange thing go into the HoF? Unlike most of the celebrity wing, she actually wrestled a match. What did Kid Rock ever do?

Also, the fact that she has a better Wrestlemania record (undefeated) than the Undertaker has to matter.

I completely agree with Muhammad Ali, Not only refereed the wrestlemania1 main event but appeared at several wrestling events including competing against Antonio Inoki in a boxer vs wrestler match. Also I didn't know about Sylvester Stallone in the boxing hall of fame which is interesting as I thought the WWE hall of fame was the only one who did this until now.
Some celebrities I understand like Mr T, Donald Trump and Mike Tyson maybe did a lot for wrestling with publicity at least but Drew Carey not so much especially when he is in and people like Davey Smith and the Dynamite Kid aren't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back