London 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
I go past the Olympic stadium everyday, pretty much, and the shell of it is just about done, as far as I can see. It's not as good as the birds' nest, but no builders have died in London either, so you know, you win some you lose some.

Anyawy, and this is obviously addressed more towards the British among us, will you be going to the Olympics in London, or will you just leave it. Personally, I'm going to watch as much of it as possible, especially if I still live walking distance from the stadiumand the water thing. Even if I didn't, I would travel to London for it. I really enjoy the Olympics, and unless Liverpool, Leeds and Manchester do some kind of joint bid, it's blatantly never going to be in Britain for another 60 or 70 years, so it's unlikely I'll get to see another one close up.

So, will you be joining in with the classic British "we care about badminton once every four year" attitude, and going to the venue or will you be watching Jake Humphrey display a complete lack of comprehension on the rules of tae kwan do at home, or will you ignore it completely?

Jake Humphrey

That name, and variations of it, is very common.

Yeah, I'll go some. Maybe. It's in London isn't it! I'm not too crazy about driving to there.

It'll be like that time I went Wimbledon. I'm not intrested but I go for the experience. I then wonder why I didn't spend the money on what usually makes me happy.

I had the chance to field produce curling events in Pinerolo, Italy for NBC Sports when the Olympics were in Turin (Torino) back in 2006.

Didn't get crewed for the '08 summer games, but I've been getting emails asking about my availability for the 2010 games in Vancouver, so I hope to be in London for the 2012 games.

I'll probably go just to say I was there. Or I might just go to Iraq vs China in the football at Newcastle, easier to get there.

The bird nest stadium was shit. I never understood the love for it. I don't want my stadiums to look like bird's nests. I want them square with tiers, or possibly curved at the ends with twin towers overlooking the pitch/arena. Modern architecture just looks too weird.

As for the Olympics themselves it won't affect me too much with it being far down south and me being up north, though I guess the country will have a feel good spirit to it whilst it is taking place then forget about it before the paralympics can even get under way.

I heard that it's supposed to be pretty good over there. However, I'm not going to fly all the way to London for the Olympics. If I lived walking distance away, I'd definetly go. That would be pretty incredible actually, a once in a lifetime experience. The atmosphere is what you should go for though, it's not like anyone really likes watching swimming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back