• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lockdown: Triple Threat Tag Team Match

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
NEW JAPAN JR. TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
The Latin American Xchange vs. No Limit vs. (c) The Motor City Machineguns​

I couldn't put "New Japan Jr Tag Team Title Match" in the title of this thread, because it's fucking embarrassing. The belts look like utter shit. They look worse than props, and I'm not even joking. Plus, who the fuck are No Limit? They are apparently feuding with The Machine Guns in Japan, so TNA being the dumb bookers they are so famous for, book a title match, involving Titles that have no business being in their company, on a fucking pay per view. In a steel cage mind you.

Where does LAX fit it all this? Do they seriously have nothing else better to do than this shit? I missed iMPACT this week but from what I read about the results, I don't think anyone interesting of note happened between these 3 tag teams. What I'd like to know how this match is going to work. Not only do I think triple threat tag team matches are clusterfucks, but when you throw them in a steel cage, it just becomes confusing and ridiculous.

I love how TNA sells this pay per view on 3 top matches and put on 4 matches that are all toilet breaks and are definately not pay per view worthy. I love the Guns and LAX, but why does those crappy tag team titles need to be on the line and why does No Limit have to be in this match?

What are your thoughts on this rather stupid and pointless match?

Reactions: gd
I have to agree that it makes no sense to have this match on PPV and God only knows how LAX got involved. The only explanation i can think of is that TNA is trying to make Lockdown as one of their "big" ppv's and are trying to figure out how to include everyone. I dont think its worth including everyone if it has no meaning and causes confusion. As for the Japan guys and their feud with MCMG, I enjoy that, I enjoy that TNA can have a crossover relationship with Japan and expose some of their talent on US tv, it makes them unique from WWE and shows some diversity. I have no opinion about their titles, I just wonder if TNA will ever put some of these Japanese wrestlers over and have them win some of the TNA titles. I dont know if thats a good idea, just wonder if it will happen. There's enough confusion already.

Lockdown just seems to be one pointless match after another. I like that TNA focus's more on their tag and women's division, by putting multiple matches on their PPV, but when they seem to be pointless and what not it doesn't make sence.

At least with this match you have 3 good teams. LAX and the MCMG's both are top notch, and No Limit have a reputation as being really good. Even without No Limit, the Guns and LAX could put on a good match.

I also don't really see why this is for the Japan tag titles, but I guess this is TNA's way of promoting that promotion and so fourth. I hope No Limit wins just so they keep their crappy belts, but who know's. The match should be good, but PPV worthy? I'm just not sold yet.

this match may not seem in place to us but you have to remember that tna and new japan wrestling have had a working relationship for at least a year now. remember global impact last year and when angle was their "champion" after beating lesnar. the jr. heavyweight tag titles are the equivelent(sp?) to the old cruiserweight & the old us tag titles in wcw.
over in japan the MCMG have been fueding over these titles with no limit for a couple of months now. so to us their is no real build up unless you have a way to get the new japan matches here..witch beyond you tube is really hard to do.
why they didn't show more of the fued and give more build up i don't know...and who the hell knows what tna management was thinking by putting lax into the match...but anyway you look at it, it should be a good match...kinda think bout the tlc triple threats in wwe just stuck inside a cage...at least that is what i am hoping for from this

I can't help but think that this would be better if it wasn't in a cage. So, you know, LAX can do those two moves that people look forward to each match. And MCMG can do all those other moves to the outside that they do. This could have been good, but now it's one of those matches where you can't see a thing because of some mesh. Like most of the matches on the card, actually.

Why do TNA cut big holes into their cage for the cameras and WWE don't?

OK Rusty Let me EDUCATE you once again . No limit are the former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions therefore are the Number one contenders to the title currently held by The Motorcity Machine Guns in TNA due to the working relationship between NJPW and TNA this match is taking place at Lockdown and as far as LAX does they had a match on Impact with MMG and LAX against No Limit and two other guys that is how LAX fits into all of this . In closing I want to say that fans in the US should feel VERY Privliaged to see this match because like the match No Limit and MMG had a few weeks ago on Impact this should be a great match with LAX in the mix it will add to the match . OK Smart ass let me ask this question why the hell are the IWGP Tag Team Titles on the line at the PPV ?? is it because people like team 3D more ? or because TNA wants to expand it's fan base by using Japanese titles & talent on there shows ?

That's My Opinion I Really Don't Give a F**k About Yours !!!!

No limit are the former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions

Well, that explains why the belts are so tiny. They're designed to fit on kids.

therefore are the Number one contenders to the title currently held by The Motorcity Machine Guns in TNA

Yeah, I think we get that.

due to the working relationship between NJPW and TNA this match is taking place at Lockdown and as far as LAX does they had a match on Impact with MMG and LAX against No Limit and two other guys that is how LAX fits into all of this .

That still doesn't really explain how LAX fits into this.

In closing I want to say that fans in the US should feel VERY Privliaged to see this match

If I wanted to see Japanese wrestling, I'd watch it on YouTube.

because like the match No Limit and MMG had a few weeks ago on Impact this should be a great match with LAX in the mix it will add to the match .

Ehh...

OK Smart ass let me ask this question why the hell are the IWGP Tag Team Titles on the line at the PPV ??

Several reasons. Firstly, to make it obvious that Team 3D will win. Secondly, to add another gimmick to the multiple gimmicks already in that match. Thirdly, for no real reason at all.

is it because people like team 3D more ?

No.

or because TNA wants to expand it's fan base by using Japanese titles & talent on there shows ?

It's not that either. I guess it remains a mystery.

That's two separate clauses. Could use a comma.

To me, the match seems like an excuse to put on a spotfest. Seriously, there are like 3 tag team belts somewhat involved in TNA right now. Instead of building a storyline, I guess TNA feels it's better to just throw 6 random guys into a steel cage and let them go at it.

I'm sure to some people that might be appealing, but to me it sounds like utter shit.

I know I'm a few days late, but I haven't posted in this section for almost a whole week.

OK Rusty Let me EDUCATE you once again .

Who are you again? Your last teaching must have been so great, I completely forgot about it. Either that, or I didn't bother to read it at all. One of them.

No limit are the former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions therefore are the Number one contenders to the title currently held by The Motorcity Machine Guns in TNA due to the working relationship between NJPW and TNA this match is taking place at Lockdown and as far as LAX does they had a match on Impact with MMG and LAX against No Limit and two other guys that is how LAX fits into all of this .

That's a long fucking sentence.

But it's a fucking pay per view. If I wanted to see the IWGP Tag Team Titles defended, I would watch Japanese wrestling promotions. If TNA wants to seem like a big company, they should only focus on their own titles like the WWE does.

And wow, LAX was involved in a match with the other tag teams. It still doesn't justify why they should be involved in this match seeing as they didn't compete in Japan for the tag team titles. They have no business being in this match and it's called lazy booking.

In closing I want to say that fans in the US should feel VERY Privliaged to see this match because like the match No Limit and MMG had a few weeks ago on Impact this should be a great match with LAX in the mix it will add to the match .

But is it pay per view worthy? Certainly not. It's probably iMPACT worthy, but I wouldn't pay for it. It won't even be a proper tag team match because there's 3 teams involved inside a fricking cage. Meaning they can't really make tags to one another.

Lame.

OK Smart ass let me ask this question why the hell are the IWGP Tag Team Titles on the line at the PPV ?? is it because people like team 3D more ? or because TNA wants to expand it's fan base by using Japanese titles & talent on there shows ?

They shouldn't be on the line either. Unfortunately, they are. TNA just needed to put 4 gimmicks in one match.

Does the WWE get Japan tag team titles to show on their programs? No, their wrestlers hardly even compete for Japanese promotions, since they are above that. TNA should do the same so their product feels more big league.

You clearly do, otherwise you wouldn't have replied to my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back