Local Bands?

Shay

Talking like Im falling down stairs
Is there a local band that you know of that hasn't quite "Made it" in the music business?
Here's your chance to give them a mention:
Mine would have to be Birds of Tokyo, they're not exactly local since they're a Western Australia band and I reside in South Australia but anyways I'll choose them as my local band who I think has potential to go very far as they have massive talent with their rock style and their self titled album is one of the best album's I've ever heard. They have an different way of presenting their music and I find it to be very good.

So post a local band that you know of that you think has the potential to go far in the Music Business and why.

Good idea for a thread buddy. There are 2 local bands that I know and love, and who I think WILL eventually make it. They both have released singles already and have album deals in the pipeline.

The 1st is EXILE PARADE. They are a straight up English indie rock band, with great riffs and drumming. The singer Lomax is a great showman, really charismatic and has the swagger of a star already. The band have been working on a album with Owen Morris, the man who produced the Oasis debut album "Definitely Maybe" and The Verve album "Urban Hymns", two of the biggest selling, and critically acclaimed albums of the 1990s.

I used to work part-time in an Asda supermarket while at university, and the drummer in Exile Parade, Gaz, works there while waiting to hit the big time, so I discovered the band through him.

Bit of info for you, Exile Parade released this single in Holland and it reached the low 90s in the charts, but it was actually higher at that point than REM and Snoop Dogg, who's singles were falling out of the top 100. That made me smile.

[YOUTUBE]0WZdhw_vj84[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.myspace.com/exileparade

The second local band is THE VORTEX. They really remind me of Kasabian, with the guitar based dancey feel, really fucking good music I think. I first saw them when a mate of mine put on a gig at a bar in Manchester, and The Vortex were the first band on the bill. They blew my mind then and have got even better since.

They have now added a female backing vocallist and the legendary Bone'ead (one of the original members of Oasis) has now joined as bassist. The Vortex have had a couple of singles out, and will be releasing an album in the next year. I cannot wait.

They have recently changed singers, and the songs I am posting are with the old vocallist, they havent yet released any material with the new guy.

[YOUTUBE]LE0U-SqIguQ[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.myspace.com/thevortexmanchester

Let me know what you think of these 2 bands guys, and I will pass on the feedback to them.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back