Live In Tennessee And Want An Abortion? Be Prepared To Give Up Your Privacy

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/tennessee-abortion-bill_n_1363410.html

For those too lazy to ready it, this latest idea says that if a woman wants to have an abortion, the following information would be made public. The woman's:

Race
Marital Status
Education
Number of Children
Location Of The Procedure
How Many Pregnancies She's Had
The Doctor Who Gave The Procedure

This is just a proposed bill at this point.

Does the GOP really think this is going to keep them in power long? Are they really THAT stupid?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/tennessee-abortion-bill_n_1363410.html

For those too lazy to ready it, this latest idea says that if a woman wants to have an abortion, the following information would be made public. The woman's:

Race
Marital Status
Education

Number of Children
Location Of The Procedure
How Many Pregnancies She's Had
The Doctor Who Gave The Procedure

This is just a proposed bill at this point.

Does the GOP really think this is going to keep them in power long? Are they really THAT stupid?
The ones that I have bolded, I don't have a problem with. They also are the ones which cannot be used to easily track down the woman and cause her harm. And the idea of posting how many children she has? That's just sickening. The very idea of allowing people to harass or even threaten the woman's children is absolutely disgusting.

I don't have a problem with making some of those details public, but do not make public anything which could eventually cause her or the doctor harm.

The ones that I have bolded, I don't have a problem with. They also are the ones which cannot be used to easily track down the woman and cause her harm. And the idea of posting how many children she has? That's just sickening. The very idea of allowing people to harass or even threaten the woman's children is absolutely disgusting.

I don't have a problem with making some of those details public, but do not make public anything which could eventually cause her or the doctor harm.

I don't know if you read the article or not but that's what the main concern was. In rural counties with low populations it would make it very easy to find these people if you gave them all that information.

So, basically, encouraging violence against these women, other women who fit the descriptions, and their doctors. Makes total sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back