Lil' Wayne pulls a T.I.

SK

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaack
On October 22, 2009, Wayne pled guilty to attempted criminal possession of a weapon. He is due for sentencing in February 2010 and is expected to receive a one-year jail sentence.

So Wayne proves his idiocy and faces a year away from music at quite an important part of his career. However, nothing is final yet and no official sentence has been given. Was it a publicity stunt to improve his image as a rapper, possibly, who knows. What we do know though is that Wayne is facing a year in jail.

There's certainly a mixed view on Wayne, a lot of people love him, a lot hate him, but you can't deny that he doesn't work hard in his music, he's always dropping new material and trying new things. I myself am a fan (obviously not of the rock shit) and I think this could damage him, just as he was hitting the height of his popularity.

So, what does this mean for Wayne's music career? Will rebirth be put back, or even scrapped? Will something like this add to Wayne's image and possibly improve his lyrical content? Will he go in the same vein as T.I with the Road to Redemption?

I personally don't care for Wayne that much, I find his music rather annoying and he's just too materialistic of a rapper for me now. He used to be a favorite of mine when he was dropping killer verses and rapping about real stuff, not bitches money and hoes. I don't think it's gonna hurt him at all, I think it'll just give him more bullshit to write about and make albums about. Rebirth has been set back like 4 times this year, so they might do that again, who knows? I doubt he'll get a show though like T.I

Lil Wayne going to jail doesn't surprise me at all. Rappers going to jail? Nothing surprising about that. I like Lil Wayne, as he is my 5th overall favorite rapper, but he has really started to annoy me in recent months. I think Tha Carter III is one of the greatest rap albums of all-time, but I think Rebirth is a bit more of a waste. Lil Wayne as a rockstar? I just can't take it seriously. I hate both Prom Queen and Hot Revolver, so me liking Lil Wayne as a rockstar in the future, is slim to no chance.

T.I. and Lil Wayne going to jail are two seperate issues, I think. Though they are similar situations with similar jail time, I find them different. T.I. is not stranger to prison, and knows a lot about it. It's when he's about to go to jail or just coming out that he goes hardest on his lyrics. Lil Wayne, I don't think we'll see much a change in his music.

For those who know me on here, and obviously from my signature, I'm a big Lil' Wayne fan. I was going to make this thread, but I didn't think that there would be much interest in the topic. I think Tha Carter III was not only one of the greatest rap/hip-hop albums of all-time, but one of the greatest albums in all of music. And while Hot Revolver and Prom Queen weren't the greatest rock songs ever, I judged them for what they were intended to be, rock. And they were pretty OK with that, better than what most rock is.

Lil' Wayne is going on bullshit charges. He's going for gun/drug possession or some shit, but on a VH1 'Behind The Music' Special done awhile back, his manager, Cortez Bryant openly said that the gun and weed found on Wayne's tour bus was his and not Mr. Carter's. But then again, maybe I don't know the details.

But what I do know, is that if I've learned anything from Wayne's career so far, is that Cash Money will grow richer and richer from this. Drake's career is going to shine, now that his album will be the primary Cash Money/Young Money release of 2010. The other members of Wayne's above mentioned label will all have a record out by the end of this year, as there is a Young Money Compilation album coming out. And of course, Rebirth is coming out by the end of the year. This jail sentence of eight months will only make Wayne look more like a "gangster", as some would put it, and will all look nice at the end of his career, on some documentary on his life. Wayne will go through this year in jail, no trouble. He grew up in a struggle, and I'm sure he'll be able to survive.

Wayne will just make 200 more songs by the end of this year to hold people over until 2011. While he's in jail, he'll obviously be writing more material, making Tha Carter IV out to be even more of an excellent album than people (including JKO) expected. This sentence will make people hungry for more Wayne music, and when Tha Carter IV and Rebirth drop, I'd be willing to bet that they're going to go multi-platinum in the first week.

And for those who are doubting Rebirth because of Hot Revolver and Prom Queen, Wayne has recently said in Billboard Magazine he's redone the album because most of the songs (like Hot Revolver) have leaked. Which is also probably why the album is taking so long. An official single from the album hasn't even leaked yet, don't be so quick to judge it.

I have to agree with JKO on this one. In 2006 - 2007 when Lil Wayne was dropping mixtape after mixtape, people were getting hungry for The Carter III. With Wayne potentially going to jail and being away from music, his fans will become hungrier. They will wait in anticipation for The Carter IV and it will go multi platinum. Sure some of the music off C3 wasn't the best but a lot of his latest music appears to be a lot better so he should have a good album with C4.

However, I don't see Wayne going " The Road to Redepmption " route a la T.I. T.I. realized he was in the wrong and that mistake cost him and could have kept him away from his family a lot longer. Wayne will not see it this way. He will just take it in stride. I mean the man was supposedly in rehab for his codeine addiction but that hasn't stopped I don't think so who knows.

Only time will tell what is in store for Lil Wayne and his fans.

Not sure why this isn't in the hip hop thread but whatever. All this is going to do is make Lil Wayne more popular and Tha Carter 4 will probably be his highest selling album ever. I really don't know why he's so popular now, but there's no denying he has a huge following.

I think Tha Carter III was not only one of the greatest rap/hip-hop albums of all-time, but one of the greatest albums in all of music.

Tha Carter 3 was fucking average at best. Jay Z owned Weezy on Mr Carter, Fabolous and Juelz Santana owned him on You Ain't Got Nuthin, there was nothing great about that album. I actually used to like Lil Wayne but after Tha Carter 2 he started going downhill for me. He's way too fucked up on sizzurp and half the shit he rhymes makes no sense whatsoever.

Jay-Z didn't own shit on Mr. Carter. The only reason people are still sucking Jay's cock is because he dropped classic albums years ago and his flow has barely changed. Also, if you've heard No Ceilings you'd know Wayne still has it in him to rap good like he used to... he just doesn't do it anymore.

Also, Carter III was average but there is no way in hell Jay-Z killed Wayne on Mr. Carter. Shit even Wayne had more wordplay and punchlines in the second verse than Jay's verse.

Jay-Z didn't own shit on Mr. Carter. The only reason people are still sucking Jay's cock is because he dropped classic albums years ago and his flow has barely changed.

Also, Carter III was average but there is no way in hell Jay-Z killed Wayne on Mr. Carter. Shit even Wayne had more wordplay and punchlines in the second verse than Jay's verse.

I really don't like Jay Z but his verse was far better then anything Weezy did on the song. Jiggas verse wasn't even that great, but it was still a lot better then Wayne.

Also, if you've heard No Ceilings you'd know Wayne still has it in him to rap good like he used to... he just doesn't do it anymore.

That is the most ******ed thing I've ever heard. You're saying he can rap good but he just doesn't do it? That's bullshit. He's too fucked up on god knows what to put out anything of quality.

You're just saying things and not putting anything behind it like it's supposed to be taken as fact. Regarding the Mr. Carter song, Wayne showed off his creativity with playing off the names of the seasons and spelling out the word "YOU"... Jay-Z did nothing of the sort and was basically just talking shit the whole time, which Wayne was also doing but at least Wayne spiced it up with things like that.

Also, it's not a ******ed thing to say. He obviously hasn't given 2 shits about his music. Most of the things you hear like "I Feel Like Dying" and other songs are unreleased songs that were leaked. These could be throwaway songs, unfinished songs, or just a song he was fucking around on while bored that got out to the public. Listening to these songs and thinking Lil Wayne was actually putting an effort into making them is insanity.

You're just saying things and not putting anything behind it like it's supposed to be taken as fact. Regarding the Mr. Carter song, Wayne showed off his creativity with playing off the names of the seasons and spelling out the word "YOU"... Jay-Z did nothing of the sort and was basically just talking shit the whole time, which Wayne was also doing but at least Wayne spiced it up with things like that.

Jay Z's wordplay in his verse was dope. His shit actually flowed together nicely. Weezy's rhymes for the most part didn't make much sense and he was just jumping from one thing to another. The whole "seasons" thing was nothing but simplistic rhymes.
Also, it's not a ******ed thing to say. He obviously hasn't given 2 shits about his music. Most of the things you hear like "I Feel Like Dying" and other songs are unreleased songs that were leaked. These could be throwaway songs, unfinished songs, or just a song he was fucking around on while bored that got out to the public. Listening to these songs and thinking Lil Wayne was actually putting an effort into making them is insanity.

It's not just the leaked songs, it's everything. The majority of the songs on his album, his featured verses, they are all just average. I can't remember the last time I heard a great song from Weezy. Sky's The Limit was solid, A Milli was kind of dope, but nothing stands out as a great song.

Have you listened to No Ceilings? He stepped his game up a lot. I can see where you're coming from as he gives people shitty verses for features and his Carter III was for the mainstream but he surprised me on that Swag Surf freestyle.

Big, how was C3 not one of the greatest albums ever? It talked about everything. From love to Weezy's hood to money to cars to popcorn to fucking Al Sharpton. You cannot deny Wayne's creativity, and if you do, then you're an idiot. Simple. Stuff like Tha Carter III and his recent mixtape, No Ceilings, makes me wonder how people doubt this man. So he raps about money and cars? Big fucking deal. So did Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie, etc. Doesn't take away from the fact that they were all classic rappers. If you think about his lyrics, they will make sense. If his rhymes are so simplistic, then why is it so hard for you to understand them?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the product, maybe it's the user ;).

Big, how was C3 not one of the greatest albums ever?

Because it was average. It had some good main stream songs, but everything else about the album was average. The main stream stuff is good for sales, but as a true hip hop fan I need other things as well.

It talked about everything. From love to Weezy's hood to money to cars to popcorn to fucking Al Sharpton.

I don't care if it talked about quantum physics, the album just wasn't that great.

You cannot deny Wayne's creativity, and if you do, then you're an idiot. Simple. Stuff like Tha Carter III and his recent mixtape, No Ceilings, makes me wonder how people doubt this man.

He has some creative lines here and there, but overall his rhyming is so overrated it isn't even funny.

So he raps about money and cars? Big fucking deal. So did Jay-Z, Tupac, Biggie, etc. Doesn't take away from the fact that they were all classic rappers.

The difference is that guys like Pac and BIG (especially Pac) had other sides to them. Weezy has a few songs that talk about real issues, but for the most part he avoids that stuff. Another difference between Wayne and the all time greats is that he is not anywhere near their league when it comes to ability. Guys like Pac, BIG , Nas, and Jay Z could rhyme circles around Lil Wayne.

If you think about his lyrics, they will make sense.

Maybe if your high or on shrooms.

If his rhymes are so simplistic, then why is it so hard for you to understand them?

I can't understand him because he mumbles through everything. The rhymes that you can make out are good, but they are simplistic compared to guys like Nas, Eminem, Jay Z, Lupe, Talib Kweli, Cassidy etc.

I have to agree with Big Sexy. While I am a Lil Wayne fan, a lot of the Carter III was mumbled out and had random punch lines thrown here and there. And they are very simplistic compared to many rappers. Just look at my three favorites, Talib Kweli, Black Thought, and Kid Cudi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back