• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Liev Schreiber, Jon Voight Star in Showtime's 2013 Series 'Ray Donovan'

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
[YOUTUBE]HeEwqq9EgWs[/YOUTUBE]

The series trailer/teaser ran after the Dexter finale tonight, and I gotta say — this looks tremendous.

The casting is fantastic. All very underrated performers. The Liev Schreiber casting is what pulled me in right off the bat, though, and Voight sealed the deal.

Based on the wild successes that both Dexter and Homeland have been, I can't imagine this won't follow the same path of emotional rollar coaster ride, and with Dexter entering it's final season Showtime will need to get some traction going on it's new series', as even Homeland is likely to have a much shorter lifespan than Dexter has had.

Thoughts?

Saw this after the Homeland finale, and I'm still not sure how I feel.

On one hand, I'm excited because I always enjoy a good crime drama. On the other hand, it seems limited in where it can lead.

I'll check it out, but I won't be shocked if it stinks.

Showtime's original programming isn't all that great. For every Dexter or Homeland there's an extremely overrated dramedy like Weeds, Nurse Jackie, The Big C, or that one starring Don Cheadle. That being said, this looks pretty serious and the cast looks good on paper (Jon Voight's not underrated, though...dude has a Best Actor Oscar...he just seems underrated since he takes every role he's offered a la Christopher Walken).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back