Letterbox'd

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
So recently I've become a heavy user of the incredible film database and user cornucopia that is the website Letterbox'd. Surely there are other users on this site who use the site? I'd love to have more people to follow, I've already written over 100 reviews on my account - ColinRx and I plan to write many more. Anyone else love this site? I'm looking over at your way Mr. JMT.

Never heard of it till now, but thanks for the introduction. I'm going to burn days of my life on it.

I'm surprised you gave Predator a higher rating than The Good The Bad and The Ugly but loved your review of Requiem for a Dream.

Any films in particular that you're thinking of reviewing soon?

Whoa. This place is pretty awesome. I think I'm going to sign up on this website. Thanks for introducing it xfear!

Yeah, Letterbox'd is awesome. I don't write proper reviews though. Just flippant tidbits on films I've seen.

Indeed - I was invited, flattered (presumably), joined and then swiftly left it to gather dust. Ah, the good ol' days.

Totally made an account over there. PM me if you want to know my username on there :p Seems like a good place for movie reviews, hopefully.

I was invited there a while back by a classmate... Spent an afternoon reading reviews for the Dark Knight which alternatively made me feel angry or smug... Then I went back to IMDB. It looked nice last time I was there though.

Turns out I also made an account that I never touched.

Not sure if you remember me xFear but we used to talk horror films a bit back in 2010. I remember getting told off by you for enjoying Paranormal Activity (I've learnt better.)

Always liked reading you're opinions so I'll be sure to follow you. Mine is http://letterboxd.com/ferraulacasse/

I'm surprised you gave Predator a higher rating than The Good The Bad and The Ugly but loved your review of Requiem for a Dream.

Any films in particular that you're thinking of reviewing soon?

I'm admittedly a bit biased towards Predator because of how many times I watched it religiously as a child, but I'll stand by that rating. Good, Bad, and the Ugly is a great film no doubt, but Predator is easily one of if not the best action movie of the last 30 years. Few films give me such a warm, joyous feeling while watching it.

And thanks, I didn't even watch Requiem recently but just felt like reviewing it because of my love for it.

As for any films I plan on reviewing soon, it's really random honestly, I only tend to review films I've actually watched recently, and I watch a totally random scattering of films these days. I do plan on finishing up Lucio Fulci's filmography (left off after The New York Ripper). Martin Scorsese's films are also due a rewatching soon, just watched Mean Streets a few weeks back. Also might wind up going to see Wes Anderson's new film, The Grand Budapest Hotel, if I can scrounge up the gas money.

Yeah, Letterbox'd is awesome. I don't write proper reviews though. Just flippant tidbits on films I've seen.

That's what I started off doing but eventually got bored and decided to just write actual reviews. Never more than a few paragraphs though. People don't want to read an essay.

I just spent twenty minutes doing things. Allow me to be the first person in this thread to actually link to their profile:

http://letterboxd.com/skeletalsam/

Following.

I was invited there a while back by a classmate... Spent an afternoon reading reviews for the Dark Knight which alternatively made me feel angry or smug... Then I went back to IMDB. It looked nice last time I was there though.

IMDB is too disorganized and full of absolute morons for my taste. That and a good interface goes a long way for me and Letterbox'd is just prettier to look at and use.

Turns out I also made an account that I never touched.

Not sure if you remember me xFear but we used to talk horror films a bit back in 2010. I remember getting told off by you for enjoying Paranormal Activity (I've learnt better.)

Always liked reading you're opinions so I'll be sure to follow you. Mine is http://letterboxd.com/ferraulacasse/

Was I really a dick about that? I apologize. I don't know why I dissed you for liking Paranormal Activity, it's actually really not a bad film at all and I've come to enjoy it. I was probably just being a cunt. I'm prone to that.

Following you now too.

Here's my profile: http://letterboxd.com/jamtheman/

Followed you all who put your profiles on here too.

lcHBtzq.png

How... unusual.

Rush Hour 3 is definitely the ugly stepchild of that trilogy. But I just can't fathom Rush Hour being someone's favourite film in a world where the Lethal Weapon movies exist.

IMDB is too disorganized and full of absolute morons for my taste. That and a good interface goes a long way for me and Letterbox'd is just prettier to look at and use.

I mostly just use it to track actors and compile a watchlist. I'm not too big into reflecting on movies beyond what way my thumbs are pointing at the end. Maybe I'll see if I can find my old Letterbox'd details. If its as easy to navigate and pulls me out of the miserable discussion section of IMDB, it could well be worth it....

Found my profile... Already peculiar. Might spend the afternoon transferring from my IMDB. Then we can all argue about everything. http://letterboxd.com/macken/

How do we put a picture in our avatar? I can't figure it out. Says I gotta use a website to make an avatar? What?

It just uses your Twitter avatar I believe. So if you linked a twitter account to your Letterbox'd account, whatever your Twitter avatar is will be your avatar.

Just did a quick review of Dante's Peak. Definitely the best of the two volcano movies released in 1997. Though that isn't really saying much.

It just uses your Twitter avatar I believe. So if you linked a twitter account to your Letterbox'd account, whatever your Twitter avatar is will be your avatar.

Just did a quick review of Dante's Peak. Definitely the best of the two volcano movies released in 1997. Though that isn't really saying much.
Didn't link it with my Twitter account though. Don't have one, don't need one. Ah well. Still loving this website though.

I thought I recognized the name of my latest follower, ha. I've always been curious about your taste in film Shocky since that Movie tournament years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back