• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Let's Play GM: NL East

Rhonda Rousey's Sports Bra

Kinda Sorta Old School
Let's play GM, the purpose of this series of threads is to see if you can be a better GM than the pros. What we're going to do is take a look at each team in every division and try to make them better. For example if a team is a basement dweller try to set them up for the future, or if a team is in a pennent race try to make moves that put them over the top.

Rules are simple, one team per post to make it easier to reply to. Make sure your moves make sense, saying you're going to trade Juan Pierre for Albert Pujols straight up or you're going to sign the All-Star team when you have the payroll of the Marlins won't fly. Also you don't have to do each team in the division.

The next division we're going to do is the NL East. I've been having problems posting this thread so I'll leave out the links and pictures for now.

The teams: New York Mets, Philadelphia Phillies, Florida Marlins, Washington Nationals, and the Atlanta Braves.

Pick one and start.

I pick the Atlanta Braves.

If I was the GM for the Atlanta Braves, I would go out and try to get myself a decent outfielder. When they are healthy they normally use Jason Heyward, Nate McClouth, and a mixture of Omar Infante, Matt Diaz, Melky Cabrera, and Eric Hinske. None of these guys are really a top notch outfielder but more like a young core group. I would try to go out and get them a veteran outfielder to give them some stability.

I would probably trade McClouth for a Mike Cameron type. Someone who can lead that outfield while providing a solid glove. The Braves wouldn't have to spend to much money on him and he seems to produce. With the pitching staff seeming to be solidifying itself, that is probably the only move I would make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back