Let's hear you roar British Lions!

FitFinlay4Life

What's the craic?
I'd like to start off with a shout out to four guys who would not have looked out of place in the tournament, I hope to see our numbers swell next year:
The Dynamite Kid - the original 'Crippler'
William Regal - Y2J might have been the official trainer but we all know who Wade's real influence is
Doug Williams - no Anarchy in the WZ Tourney this year
Desmond Wolfe - Kurt Angle is a VERY happy man that he doesn't need to fear the Tower of London

Secondly, just to save anyone from embarrassing themselves Google 'British Lions' before questioning Sheamus's place.

Now for our five lions -

Roddy Piper - Hailed from Glasgow, Scotland - there is only one word to describe the Rowdy one and that is 'Legend'. Hulkamania? Not without this man!

Sheamus - Cúchulainn lives again in this mythic warrior. HHH'll be praying to avoid this fella or he might not make next years event!

Wade Barrett - Natural leader and legit badass. Once his pack softens you up, he'll bare knuckle beat your head in!

Davey Boy Smith - Ask Bret, HBK and Vader whether you need fear this Bulldogs bite!

Finlay - Are you a technical legend, maybe a high flyer, possibly a hardcore legend? Don't matter, the Belfast Brawler loves to fight - fear the shillelagh!

C'mon England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales, let's support out homeboys! (LR79 - you can be an honorary Lion)

Reactions: gd
Call Finlay a brawler rather than a "technical" wrestler and I'll vote for him. For the lone round in which he's in this thing.

Call Finlay a brawler rather than a "technical" wrestler and I'll vote for him. For the lone round in which he's in this thing.

Quote me: "Are you a technical legend, maybe a high flyer, possibly a hardcore legend? Don't matter, the Belfast Brawler loves to fight - fear the shillelagh!"

I'm not saying Dave's the technical wrestler - I'm saying if your a technical wrestler, the Belfast Brawler'll kick your ass!

It'll be good to have your vote Coco, even if it is for the solitary round.

Okay folks, a wee heads up on the initial matches for our Lions...

We have two guys in the CALGARY REGION who have thankfully missed out on being in the same sub cities so fingures crossed.

First up in the Palace of Auburn Hills - Detroit, Michigan (sub city 1) we have Davey Boy Smith (ranked 16) versus Barry Windham (ranked 17). Should the Bulldog get by the Lone Wolf his (most likely) opponents are Stone Cold Steve Austin (1), the Viper Randy Orton (8) and CM Punk (9).

In the Key Arena, Seattle, Washington (sub city 3), Roddy Piper (7) should be able to avoid elimination at the hands of the lumbering Great Khali (26) to set up mouth watering prospective matches against Hulk Hogan (2), Arn Anderson (10) or against either the Miz (15) or Christian (18) depending on who squeaks through (my personal money being on Captain Charisma).

The HOUSTON REGION is a dry area for us, so onto the NEW YORK REGION where we have two valiant underdogs fighting against the odds.

In the Rupp Arena, Lexington, Kentucky (sub city 2), Wade Barrett (28) takes on the Hardcore Legend Mick Foley (5). Rankings or not this group could be full of surprises as the other matches are Sting (4) versus the Body Jesse Ventura (29), Stan Hansen (13) takes on Mr Anderson... {ANDERSON!} (20) and the Big Red Monster Kane (12) faces HoFer Pedro Morales (21).

The Scottrade Centre, St Louis Missouri (sub city 4) hosts my man Finlay (30) as he faces the Olympic Champion Kurt Angle (3). This is another potential shock group as Lex Luger (14) takes on Dory Funk Jr (19), Jake 'the Snake' Roberts (11) faces another former KotR finalist in the Beast from the East, Bam Bam Bigelow and the Phenomonal One AJ Styles (6) faces Japanease legend Masahiro Chono (27).

The Celtic Warrior Sheamus (18) is the sole representative in the PHEONIX REGION and will be fighting at BC Place in Vancouver, Canada. His first match is against Diamond Dallas Page (15) and his reward, should he avoid the Cutter, is most likely going to be against either the power of big men Andre the Giant (2) or Kevin Nash (7), or against the Excellence of Exocution of the King of Harts, Owen (10).

None of the Lions are favourite in the rankings to get out of their sub cities, BUT they're in the elite 128 for a reason and they all have victories over some of the biggest names in the business. Fear? We'll leave that to the favourites, the great thing about being an underdog is that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

I'm in.

Sheamus is my main guy from the ones mentioned, but should the others not come up against my other guys, they'll get my support.

A solid HQ thread. Too bad they'll all be out within the first two rounds.

You've heard it here folks, we are the underdogs here... However, I know that our islands have a strong voice in WZ and that our representatives have their followers further afield too. So come on Lions be ye born & bred or honorary - lets see if we can upset some applecarts!!!

Ahhh..Finlay....you know me better than those cheesy psychics, and I don't have to pay you $1.99 a minute... you KNOW what I like. Tough wrestlers with an accent. :p Especially some big bad ones. Like Sheamus, and Barrett.

You can count on my votes for Barrett and Smith. I love men with accents and you can't count out the bulldog and a promising young talent like Barrett.

Okay, Davey Boy loses a squeaker to Barry Windham and Wade Barrett's been overrun by the Hardcore Legend - our two Englishmen have been officially dumped.

My namesake is getting decimated by the Olympic Hero and Sheamus needs a massive last minute rally to even get close to DDP so the Paddys are quickly following the Poms.

Heartbreaking start to things but we still have a hero to be the Andy Murray of wrestling for us. So c'mon fella/ big lad/ mate/ buttie/ jimmy give your love to our David who is slaying the Giant (or Great Khali if you prefer) or, if you prefer it put this way... LET'S GET ROWDY!!!

rowdy-roddy-piper-vs-hulk-hogan-signed-photo.jpg

Tough first round for the Brits. Piper has Anderson in the second round. I think he can take him but it will be close.

He's overcame the giant Great Khali in round one and came out the winner against the always dangerous Double AA in Round 2, now comes the 'Rowdy' Scots biggest challenge to date (and the bain of his existence at that)...
hulk-hogan-02.jpg
This is WrestleZone '11, not the WWF circa '85 - VOTE 'ROWDY' RODDY PIPER!!!

Great news for 'Rowdy' Scot fans. This match is in Canada, Piper's country of birth and where his father server as a member oh the Royal Candian Mounted Police. Mr Hogan cannot fall back on the old Hulkamania Hulk Up because he'll be jeered out of the place. Face Piper's always kicked his baldy butt!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back