Lethal Lottery 2014 Discussion: Theron Daggershield vs. Constantine (c) - Elite X

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Theron Daggershield is stepping up and is cashing in his Elite X Title shot he earned several months ago. After being attacked from behind, Theron was able to score with a Critical Hit to shock the reigning Elite X Champion Constantine. With a few successful defenses in his back pocket, Constantine looks to continue his streak and gain a second shot at the World Title. The Elite lurk in the background, can Theron successfully take down this mob and take the treasure that has eluded him for so long?

Daggershield seems to shift in between being the guy who could defeat a white hot Vega then to rambler supreme with a side of yawn. Constantine is more consistent with good but not great RP's. While Dagger has done something wildly unique and all his own in his RP's, Dave doesn't attempt to reinvent the wheel and does what he is more comfortable with which has either given him massive success or has damned him from reaching the top. My money goes to the wildcard in Dagger. If only he'd learn to trim down his RP's just a tad so I could leave satisfied instead of strained from reading 3,000-4,000 word novels.

Daggershield seems to shift in between being the guy who could defeat a white hot Vega then to rambler supreme with a side of yawn. Constantine is more consistent with good but not great RP's. While Dagger has done something wildly unique and all his own in his RP's, Dave doesn't attempt to reinvent the wheel and does what he is more comfortable with which has either given him massive success or has damned him from reaching the top. My money goes to the wildcard in Dagger. If only he'd learn to trim down his RP's just a tad so I could leave satisfied instead of strained from reading 3,000-4,000 word novels.

Valid points.

Constantine has always been a very consistent RPer: enough to dominate the (upper) mid-card but not necessarily enough juice to shatter the main event. It's very hard as a rookie or rising star to create an RP against Constantine because you are going to get wrecked.

However, Theron Daggershield has a glimpse of greatness about him. He can smack you with an amazing RP but then next week, give you something bland.

This match comes down to what RP Theron produces. Until I see the RP's, my votes for Constantine.

There are two equations that come into play here:

- Dagger + amazing RP = new champion
- Dagger + usual fair = defeat

The issue for Dave/Constantine is that Dagger is more than capable of pulling an excellent RP out of his arse and even if he throws a good, solid effort (as per the norm) then he's going to take a loss likely. I suspect that Constantine's consistency will overcome the potential of Daggershield, but it's worth keeping an eye on this one.

I'm looking forward to getting down to this match. Dagger is a great RP'er and will be a very worthy adversary in this match - he's got every chance of coming away with a win and the Championship to boot.

I've enjoyed the build up to this match, it's been a bit better than merely walking into matches with compulsory defences, it's had a bit of build up and regardless of the result, I don't think this is the end of the road for these two guys.

Constantine, I think, represents the opposite of what Theron represents and that's why this match could be a great meeting of the old school versus the new school.

Should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back