• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Leading Up To WrestleMania, Which PPV Is Most Exciting?

NotoriousWWE

Pre-Show Stalwart
The title of this thread does not mean which PPV is your favourite left until WrestleMania because to be honest I think we'd all pick Royal Rumble. What this thread means is which PPV by name and look most interests you when thinking about what rivalry's might be taking place at the PPV. Here's my opinion.

For me its WWE Vengeance. A new PPV which of course has already had its Poster leaked (below). But lets talk serious, we all remember the old PPV, Vengeance. It used to feature feuds that always would have powerful consequences on the landscape of WWE. You think of HHH and Batista when they battled in a Steel Cage to end their feud. Would Batista finally prove he deserved to be Champion or would Triple H get retribution for his defeat.

2011, and the PPV 'name' is revived. Its different from the former PPV because its a new concept. Feud's that could take place for me are ones that connect with the PPV name:

Maybe, Punk, Kings of Wrestling and Cabana vs Triple H and members of Kliq? Maybe, Mark Henry vs Kane/Big Show who are looking for Vengeance. Del Rio vs Cena, Del Rio wants his title back. And maybe even Orton vs Daniel Bryan who is now heel and talks about lying to get his way to the top. Orton wants to stop the sly one.

And also there's even a possibility of seeing a return. Jericho comes back to beat down Orton. Undertaker returns to confront Kane/Barrett who as we all recall this time last year would have been beaten down by Kane and Nexus members.

What PPV are you anticipating? For me its Vengeance.

vengeance2011_poster-237x300.jpg

Uh... coming into this thread I was gonna say Survivor Series because that's supposedly when The Rock is coming back next.

But uh... you're asking based only on name which PPV sounds the best? I guess I would say the Elimination Chamber. That's a pretty cool concept for a PPV.

Armageddon 1999 when we got to see Miss Kitty's PUPPIES!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness though, the current circuit of PPVs has lost their flair for me.

I liked it when we had Royal Rumble, No Way Out, Wrestlemania, Backlash, King of the Ring, Summerslam, No Mercy, Survivor Series, Armageddon....

Backlash was always a favorite because it was payback for Wrestlemania or it was stars who got screwed out of a wrestlemania shot by someone else.

I'd say the Rumble... it's the only ppv that's different from the rest, full of surprises, and is entertaining as hell. A close second is a tie between Elimination Chamber and Money in the Bank... both are good concept matches and have new champs or future champs usually. They are fun to watch and again, stand out enough to make them worthwhile... personally i can't stand the rest, even survivor series has gotten old to me, but that's mainly bc THEY fucked it up by not going back to the old form (which was my favorite, esp on that wednesday before tday)

It's the Royal Rumble for me. Every single year it without fail will get my interest in name alone due to the Rumble match itself and anticipation of what will happen this year. Last year I had found a blog where a guy looked back on every single Rumble match in detail leading up to 2011's, and that only added tenfold to the anticipation that would have been there regardless. Night of Champions is another that I always look forward to because every single belt is on the line all at once and that show continues to grow in prestige. I couldn't care less who is facing who, the belts all being up for grabs is enough to get my attention there. Finally there is Summerslam which I look forward to in name alone almost as much as Wrestlemania as a result of them being the two biggest shows of the year, I'll order them no matter what unless I'm in a financial standing where I cannot.

i like the KOTR tourney, but its lost its edge over the years and hardly means anything anymore.

So nows its royal rumble, because the name "royal rumble" just makes it sound hard and theres going to be carnage.

For me it obviously is Survivor Series and Royal Rumble because those 2 major PPVs start the road to WrestleMania, but mostly the Rumble because it sets the tone for what will happen down the road

If they are successful on reviving the tag team division before December and have a ladder match at TLC then that is what I have been looking for. Maybe a triple threat or a fatal 4 way match.

If not, I'll choose the elimination chamber. 6 superstars fighting for the title, or perhaps the #1 contender for wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back