Latest on possible returns for Roman Reigns and Randy Orton

That N Word

Actively evolving
As previously reported, there's a strong belief that Randy Orton will make his return at the WWE TLC pay-per-view, which takes place tonight in Cleveland, Ohio.

While it's by no means confirmed, there's speculation that Orton returns to interfere in the main event "Tables Match" between John Cena and Seth Rollins, likely completing his babyface turn by making the save for Cena.

Although that is one scenario, there are reports that claim Orton's first program back will be against Kane as a babyface, so there's a chance that he won't be returning in the Cena-Rollins match.

Additionally, there's talk that Roman Reigns could return in the Cena-Rollins match, under the same circumstances -- making the save for Cena and setting up a program with Rollins coming out of the show.

How about if both Reigns and Orton return during the Main Event... after all, there is a no.1 contendership on the line and both guys alongwith Cena and Rollins would obviously be considered as worthy contenders...might make for an interesting end to TLC,lMO, going into RAW tomorrow night.

Also, given Reigns 'returned' already at the Slammys, you'd think Orton has more momentum. Why waste him on a Kane who will probably be beaten by Ryback anyways?

well Reigns returned as expected, Orton held off. I have a strong feeling Orton may be held back until the Royal Rumble so bigwigs in WWE can see the true reaction to Reigns return on Raw tomorrow night and subsequent Rumble win. While there appears no doubt WWE want Reigns in the WWE title picture, I am very unsure as to whether a match with Lesnar would work well. With Lesnar doing minimal dates, he will be riaty to a degree and he will need to be in the ring with a real pro to illicit a great match. Reigns on the other hand will need somebody to carry him through a World title match at this early stage of his career and his current return.
I think WWE will switch the belt to Cena at ther Rumble after Orton returns, RKO's Lesnar anmd costs him the match and title, setting up Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton at Mania. Orton hasnt had a Mania win for a couple of years, a clean win over Lesnar in possibly his last match would push Orton to top tier babyface status. Reigns winning the rumble, turning heel in the process and challenging Cena for the WWE Title at Mania 31 would work well, and wqith Rollins lurking, he could cash in on the winner regardless. I think Lesnar vs Reigns could be ugly and Cena vs Rusev has no interest for most fans. Orton vs Lesnar and Cena vs Reigns for the belt to me are two headline drawcards with a solid under cardf of Bryan, Ambrose, Wyatt,Rollins, Ziggler, Helmsley?, Sting? Taker? and whomever else gets the chance to be on the Mania 31 cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back